Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

DLC weapons should include the following...

Ice (Game of Thrones), Zangetsu or Nozarashi (Bleach), Power Sword (He-Man), Sword of Omens (Thundercats), Soul Reaver (Legacy of Kain), Battle Axe, Sulfras the Hand of Ragnaros (Warcraft), Aquaman's Trident, Corkscrew & Meat Cleaver (Nes game & part IV) environmental kill, Funnel environmental kill

heres my thought on this. yes level kinda sucks but ill get there. my thing is i didnt get the game so i can give part two a machete instead of a pick axe. from what ive read i understand it was shown at launch as a feature and those who have been here that long and are not at 113 are frustrated but when it comes down to it why did u buy the game in the first place? weapon swapping?

10 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

heres my thought on this. yes level kinda sucks but ill get there. my thing is i didnt get the game so i can give part two a machete instead of a pick axe. from what ive read i understand it was shown at launch as a feature and those who have been here that long and are not at 113 are frustrated but when it comes down to it why did u buy the game in the first place? weapon swapping?

Yeah , I sometimes thought that too , haha!

just stop complaining, they are not lowering it and it should have been at 150 either way

45 minutes ago, Aksana said:

just stop complaining, they are not lowering it and it should have been at 150 either way

..Ooh common now.  Nothing should be leveled lock in this game let alone.. lvl 150.    Thats like freakin' 600+ hours of play time. 

But ya.. they aren't gonna lower it now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Caliph said:

I'd rather eat asbestos than suffer through 60 levels or so of this crap for the ability to try a new feature.

Give it a shot, tell us how it goes.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Give it a shot, tell us how it goes.

Think he would be good as long as he didnt breath it in

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

Think he would be good as long as he didnt breath it in

Only one way to find out...

@OnlySeen1&2, @Daneasaur, I have merged your topics into an ongoing conversation around weapon swap unlock level opinions, both positive and negative.

It seems the only people who want it kept at a high level, only want it that way so they can lord it over others, that's fucked up. It's a cool feature but that's all, treating it as a statues symbol is childish. The level should be much lower, if the game needs a status symbol the devs should come up with something else. Being able to play the Jason you want, with the bloody skin you want and the weapon you want is half the fun of Jason. He gets no real customization other than weapon swapping. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

with the bloody skin you want

MAKE THEM WORK WHEN SET TO RANDOM!!!!

Had to get that in there.

I do like being able to immediately tell that the Jason is a high level. Once you see that machete on part 4, you know to stay more alert.

Other than that, it's really a "meh" kind of thing. Cool, but meh.

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It seems the only people who want it kept at a high level, only want it that way so they can lord it over others, that's fucked up.

False.  I'm only level 62, and not having it unlocked does not bother me one bit.  Leave it at 113--it gives me a reason to level up apart from a few level-locked Jason kill animations.

Just now, Bropollocreed79 said:

False.  I'm only level 62, and not having it unlocked does not bother me one bit.  Leave it at 113--it gives me a reason to level up apart from a few level-locked Jason kill animations.

Not false, a statement of perception, that's why I said it seems. Your also an outlier, an exception to the rule, so not who I was referring too. 

As for your opinion that it's fine, its ok you feel that way. I disagree, that's my opinion, which is also ok.

Now if you would like to discuss it, I'm happy to. 

13 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'm at 37. I get maaaayyyybe two hours per week to play. I'm not opposed to it being a high unlock, but I do think 113 is a bit high. I know they're trying to keep the iconic "13" in the achievement, but it seems like too much for too little. I think Level 80 is a better range.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 1:22 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

I've said it many times in other threads, but I'll say it again.

The best way to implement this feature, that makes everyone happy, is to have weapon swapping unlocked from the get go.

Wait! I hear the mobs already.

Unlock weapon swapping from the get go but you're only allowed to swap weapons for Jasons you have already unlocked.

For example, you can't use part 3 with a pig splitter until you unlock part 4 Jason at level 44.

A perfect fucking idea! I don’t have time to grind to level 113. Plus this game isn’t good enough to take up THAT much of my time. I gave up playing online altogether so grinding with offline bots is my only option and that shit gets old fast. Single Player Challenges are fun as fuck but I don’t get any XP for that, which was a dumb decision. Plus weapon swapping was technically introduced from the get go with the early trailers and game play demos which showed different versions of Jason using various different weapons. Only seems fair to me.

• Like 1

I've unlocked weapon swapping but I think the game would be more successful if low-level-players could swap Jasons weapons, too. You have to reach a specific level to unlock new jasons and that's ok, but then, his weapon should be able to swap. Even in the movies Jason uses different weapons and it would be boring if it wasn't like that. So why it's different in the game?

• Thanks 1