Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

Just now, Trident77 said:

Bah, this whole thread is like watching a delayed gratification experiment play itself out. 113 levels is reasonable; it means these players have put their time into the game,

Ok.. than  GUN can compensate all the players shafted by NO DEDICATED severs/host quits by bumping their levels up by 50-75%.    Fair is fair right? 

if people want to keep boasting about 'putting in time'. Then pay up what they earned.

I want my Xp.. All of it.    And so does everyone else. 

I should not have to earn twice or three times as much.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Heres how it is.  Spread across the board for console players..with a gracious 50% of host quitting.

LVL 113 - 50% of robbed EXP due to host quits =  56.5       So basically stuck at lvl 56

Playing video games isn't WORK!.  But if it was,. im pretty sure not getting paid for HALF the work you do would make someone pretty angry.

Not that it should matter.. Its not like weapon swap needs to be level locked so high anyways.   

“Here is How it is...”

weapons swap as of right now is 113.

You are not telling anyone anything that we haven’t dealt with forever now.

host quit, connection lost, cheaters, timed out.....we have all been there and done that.

we all want dedicated servers.

if you want to use the new feature you will need to grind or take your time,  you will get there eventually, take advantage of double XP It will be coming soon. 

Increase the max rank cap and stagger weapon swapping unlocks in those higher ranks. That way no one gets all the weapon swapping on day one.

Seemed fair at first. I figured I was just low level (around 60 I think) on Xbox because I haven't really put in the time on that platform. But I'm seeing more and more people who are saying they've been playing on Xbox or PS4 since launch that they haven't been able to level up because they can barely ever finish a match on consoles...That's a fair argument, given the host on consoles can just pull the plug on the entire match whenever they so choose. I'M a higher level than them simply because I've played pretty much only Private Matches on Xbox. But that shouldn't be a requirement to level up. Quickplay should always be a viable option where you can level up without some dickhead pulling the plug. 

I think given the fact that this is Gun's fault, they should listen to the feedback and bring Weapon Swapping down to something that can be seen as more fair.

Personally, I see no reason why the feature can't be unlocked, as long as you have the required Jason unlocked too. That should be the only requirement.

It's insane that this is even an issue. How did Gun think it was ok to launch this kind of game and give the host the ability to end a round for everyone? It was incredibly naive to think it wouldn't be abused. The fact that it's taking this long to fix it is embarrassing.

Something to consider, @[IllFonic]Courier & @ShiftySamurai.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

“Here is How it is...”

weapons swap as of right now is 113.

You are not telling anyone anything that haven’t dealt with forever now.

host quit, connection lost, cheaters, timed out.....we have all been there and done that.

we all want dedicated servers.

if you want to use the new feature you will need to grind or take your time,  you will get there eventually, take advantage of double XP I will be coming soon. 

This make no sense^

How the fuck are people supposed to level if people keep quitting?    Just because you can put in waaaay more hours needed to compensate for lack of GETTING xp in game doesn't mean everyone can.  Not that they should have to anyways.    No one should have to make up for XP that should have already been earned just so they can swap weapons.   

Also. Most of the lvl 150 on this game got their by playing patty cake with generators in private matches.   

Just now, HuDawg said:

This make no sense^

How the fuck are people supposed to level if people keep quitting?    Just because you can put in waaaay more hours needed to compensate for lack of GETTING xp in game doesn't mean everyone can.  Not that they should have to anyways.    No one should have to make up for XP that should have already been earned just so they can swap weapons.   

Also. Most of the lvl 150 on this game got their by playing patty cake with generators in private matches.   

Well I am not sure , if I would be Level 150 if there was never a match , where the host didn´t leave , to be honest.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

And the people under lvl 113 are under level 113 because of NO dedicated SERVERS ON CONSOLE. 

I’ve been playing since October and have had as many hosts quits as anybody. Somehow I made it to level 150. No dedicated servers is a poor excuse. People simply aren’t playing the game enough. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Seemed fair at first. I figured I was just low level (around 60 I think) on Xbox because I haven't really put in the time on that platform. But I'm seeing more and more people who are saying they've been playing on Xbox or PS4 since launch that they haven't been able to level up because they can barely ever finish a match on consoles...That's a fair argument, given the host on consoles can just pull the plug on the entire match whenever they so choose. I'M a higher level than them simply because I've played pretty much only Private Matches on Xbox. But that shouldn't be a requirement to level up. Quickplay should always be a viable option where you can level up without some dickhead pulling the plug. 

I think given the fact that this is Gun's fault, they should listen to the feedback and bring Weapon Swapping down to something that can be seen as more fair.

Personally, I see no reason why the feature can't be unlocked, as long as you have the required Jason unlocked too. That should be the only requirement.

It's insane that this is even an issue. How did Gun think it was ok to launch this kind of game and give the host the ability to end a round for everyone? It was incredibly naive to think it wouldn't be abused. The fact that it's taking this long to fix it is embarrassing.

I know. I think at least having all xp earned in a match be immediately applied to your account would be a quick solution.

3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’ve been playing since October and have had as many hosts quits as anybody. Somehow I made it to level 150. No dedicated servers is a poor excuse. People simply aren’t playing the game enough. 

...LMFAO.

Ok dude.. I have 2 hours a night to play the game if im lucky.  If 75% of the host quit what am i supposed to do?

Quit my fuckin' job and play 8 hours a day to compensate.   

Poor excuse my hairy ass.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It would have been better if Weapon Swapping were available from the start, but you could only swap weapons from the Jasons you've unlocked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Don't sugarcoat it. Some people are just bad at this game, refuse to learn more about it, then wonder why they're not advancing very far in levels. I don't have a lot of time to play this game anymore, yet I still manage.

As for hosts leaving, it sucks, but life's not fair. Henceforth the dedicated servers coming soon to consoles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I know. I think at least having all xp earned in a match be immediately applied to your account would be a quick solution.

Simple enough solution, too.

I'm 150 so it doesn't affect me but I think 50-70 would have been a good level. They do need to fill in those levels with more unlocks besides clothing.

This is one of those topics that could be debated to the end of time. I think the level should be lower, but I'm fine with what ever they feel it should be set at. I've gotten well more then my $20 bucks out of this game. Everything else is just gravy...

17 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

This make no sense^

1.Get in a group that has reasonable internet connection. Play with them so you know you can count on the host and are limiting the amount of rage quitters.

2. Play off-line you get a reasonable amount of XP from bots.

I am genuinely sorry you are running into all these issues were you aren’t able to get the XP you “ feel” you are deserved.

but you also are not doing what you can either. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

...LMFAO.

Ok dude.. I have 2 hours a night to play the game if im lucky.  If 75% of the host quit what am i supposed to do?

Quit my fuckin' job and play 8 hours a day to compensate.   

Poor excuse my hairy ass.   

Off line for 2 hours

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Remember when weapon swapping was supposed to be implemented on release, but was silently back peddled?

Good times.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

1.Get in a group that has reasonable internet connection. Play with them so you know you can count on the host and are limiting the amount of rage quitters.

2. Play off-line you get a reasonable amount of XP from bots.

I am genuinely sorry you are running into all these issues were you aren’t able to get the XP you “ feel” you are deserved.

but you also are not doing what you can to either. 

Its a little to late now isn't it?

See. i didn't care about levels before.  I had no problems with NOT leveling.  I didn't care if it took me YEARS to hit high levels only to get a few new clothing option and 3 kills.

But now.   All that time players like me shrugged it off and kept playing is comming back to haunt everyone that got shafted.  Thats the point.. and the only point im trying to make.

Its leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.  This is a stupid design choice and no one should be feeling punished due to HOST quits and GUNS fault for not giving consoles dedicated servers.  Its not the players fault for not getting XP.  And im sure if they knew before hand that level locks would be tied to lvl 113 they would have prepared for it better.

I know people who are level 150 from just playing Damage/FIx the generator with Jason for hours and hours.  Yet, they suck at the game.  They are level 150s that are actually level 20.  

Yet those people will get everything ASAP.

If thats the case?  Anyone want to make $100 and let me repair generators all night long.. while you destroy it as Jason PM me.   (If that even still works)... 

Because as of now.. Im only looking for glitches or anything that can help me cheat my way to quick levels.   To make up for what im actually owed in XP.

11 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Off line for 2 hours

NO!

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

NO!

“ then I can see there is no pleasing you Mr. Powers.”

Hope you find the easy way you are looking for, since being told about one isn’t working.

I guess im indifferent to it.

Though...unpopular opinion. Uber should be unlocked somewhere between 100-150.

So far every Jason is unlockable before level 50 or unlocked automatically. If you want him to be 100 even, then go for it.

It's fair. Too many players leave even when the host is staying. We also have online bots to grind on. I don't want to hear it. If you have had the game a year and you aren't 150 yet that's on you. I have VERY limited play time due to a fifty hour work week and I am at level 150. I still stay in every match for the XP and do some bot murder every once and a while.

We all knew the weapon swapping was going to have a level cap. We still have plenty of time to get there considering the date on the new update is "soon." Less bitching more grinding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tyrant666 said:

I guess im indifferent to it.

Though...unpopular opinion. Uber should be unlocked somewhere between 100-150.

So far every Jason is unlockable before level 50 or unlocked automatically. If you want him to be 100 even, then go for it.

I actually think it would be fair to make Uber unlock at Max level. He's Uber Jason, after all! Seems like an appropriate reward for maxing out.