Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

We all care about the future of the game and have hoped weapon swap would be included into the game at some point but the developers never promised this feature and never gave us any hope through out the year that it would be, so you and others saying you have been waiting for a year for this feature just doesn’t make sense.

as for players leaving I think that has to do with new games coming out and people get tired of playing thing after binging for a while, as long as the developers continue to add things that bring them back is what matters. There is a lot to look forward to in this update.

Again no one was told weapon swap would be added to the game it is something we hoped would be no one has been waiting for a year for it.

the game from the beginning has been designed as a level up to unlock features: characters, costumes, and skins nothing has changed.

some will have it on release others will have to continue to play the game that is all it takes to unlock any feature in F13.

They brought us the game that no one was going to,  With details right out of the movies with game play that is fun and addictive..... these guys care make no mistake.

A lot of what you state  is what makes the game fun those moments when characters are doing the things that others are Better at I don’t care if some one drives off with out picking me up I have options run the clock, cops or the boat.

As far a defending weaker players there are plenty of flares if they can’t find a shot gun.

The game has always been based off of working together until it no longer benefits you. The XP for doing those extra things is meant to encourage others to do it as well. 

The developers aren’t to blame for how others play,  all the mechanics to work  together are there it’s all in the players choosing to do so.

Man i love the way you refute all of their claims with clear and concise facts, keep it up bro.

• Thanks 1

Not too high. This game needs some higher level rewards/perks.

Clothing for counselors is just kind of 'eh' as far as leveling up goes. If you set it so low why even go up to level 150? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Not too high. This game needs some higher level rewards/perks.

Clothing for counselors is just kind of 'eh' as far as leveling up goes. If you set it so low why even go up to level 150? 

I'll pay someone right now $100 to explain to me why this game needs levels and rewards...and needs to actually make sense.

Game needs more kills and killing options.   Not rewards for leveling.

51 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I'll pay someone right now $100 to explain to me why this game needs levels and rewards...and needs to actually make sense.

This is a question best suited for the developers.

But I will try, most games have a level up reward system let’s start there. This is a slasher games version of one, the developers knew that most gamers are goal oriented and like to unlock/ progress through a video game they had to create a way for that to work for this game because at the end of the day it’s a video game based on the movies.

So with that ....

When the developers were designing the game they decided to give players XP for surviving a match killing counselors and repairing objectives.

what they realized was most casual players will run around the map not really accomplishing much so they put into place The ability to earn extra  XP while doing other things in the game....examples ( fight back, lock doors, repair generator mark Jason with flare ext......) this allows all players to progressively get better at the game and gives them incentive to complete these objectives that give extra XP.

So with this system in place the developers then had to give the players a incentive to earn as much Xp as they could. So the only logical reasoning they could go with is to make a level up to unlock rewards system for characters, skins, clothing, kills and know finally weapons.

Hope this helps, no need for the 100 dollars I am good.

18 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This is a question best suited for the developers.

But I will try, most games have a level up reward system let’s start there. This is a slasher games version of one, the developers knew that most gamers are goal oriented and like to unlock/ progress through a video game they had to create a way for that to work for this game because at the end of the day it’s a video game based on the movies.

So with that ....

When the developers were designing the game they decided to give players XP for surviving a match killing counselors and repairing objectives.

what they realized was most casual players will run around the map not really accomplishing much so they put into place The ability to earn extra  XP while doing other things in the game....examples ( fight back, lock doors, repair generator mark Jason with flare ext......) this allows all players to progressively get better at the game and gives them incentive to complete these objectives that give extra XP.

So with this system in place the developers then had to give the players a incentive to earn as much Xp as they could. So the only logical reasoning they could go with is to make a level up to unlock rewards system for characters, skins, clothing, kills and know finally weapons.

Hope this helps, no need for the 100 dollars I am good.

The whole incentive to play this game is to RUN/ESCAPE from JASON... And for Jason to kill people.    Thats the foundation of the game. 

As far as leveling goes..  If GUN removed the xp bars and levels from this game.  Would anything change in terms of core game mechanics.?

The answer is NO.. So really, there no reason for xp/leveling in this game.

Now, CP in this game does have sort of a purpose.  Since there is a perk/slot machine game mechanic/slotting option.    So people can say CP does have a purpose.

See, that whole $100 thing is a suckers bet.  Theres no reason for leveling to be in this game. 

They could tie in weapon swap to CPs.  And let players unlock the weapon via CP for maybe 10k cp a pop.

Makes more sense than "Hey guys.. go play 500+ hours and we will let you swap weapons with Jason"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

The whole incentive to play this game is to RUN/ESCAPE from JASON... And for Jason to kill people.    Thats the foundation of the game. 

That is not an incentive that is core gameplay.

As far as leveling goes..  If GUN removed the xp bars and levels from this game.  Would anything change in terms of core game mechanics.?

The answer is NO.. So really, there no reason for xp/leveling in this game.

No leveling doesn’t change the core game mechanics leveling up gives you more characters, and cosmetic items and kills  to choose from.

Now, CP in this game does have sort of a purpose.  Since there perk/slot machine.    So people can say CP does have a purpose.

Agreed

See, that whole $100 thing is a suckers bet.  Theres no reason for leveling to be in this game. 

You asked for an explanation I fulfilled that so in essence you would owe me the 100 dollars.

They could tie in weapon swap to CPs.  And let players unlock the weapon via CP for maybe 10k cp a pop.

Makes more sense than "Hey guys.. go play 500+ hours and we will let you swap weapons with Jason"

I understand the issue for lower level players and I sympathize....however I also wouldn’t care if it was a leveling unlock of 150 because it’s worth getting there for this feature.... no matter what I would want it.

at least all you have to do is play the game to level up don’t see anything wrong with that.

3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

You asked for an explanation I fulfilled that so in essence you would owe me the 100 dollars.

Well... You missed something.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Your explanation make no sense to me.. Because, I don't need incentive to play this game other than to run away from Jason/die... or to Kill people as Jason.   

After 19 pages of this.. I still have yet to see one valid reason for leveling locking weapons swaps behind tons of hours of play time.

"INCENTIVES"  is a crock of shit.   

Its bad enough that 3 kills are locked behind lvl 100.   

16 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

We all care about the future of the game and have hoped weapon swap would be included into the game at some point but the developers never promised this feature and never gave us any hope through out the year that it would be, so you and others saying you have been waiting for a year for this feature just doesn’t make sense.

as for players leaving I think that has to do with new games coming out and people get tired of playing thing after binging for a while, as long as the developers continue to add things that bring them back is what matters. There is a lot to look forward to in this update.

#1 it was RIGHT in one of the first gameplay teasers they released. pretty much the first time we ever saw the kills in this game was with weapons that were removed (the spear and pitchfork) on jasons that were locked to a single weapon (pt2 3 and 7 were shown with a huge amount of weaponry in their hands, and some of the kills were shown in appropriate locations like the pitchfork kill in the barn which could easily be seen as "Here you can do this as an environmental kill in the barn!" 

when the game was released and i saw that weapons were restricted to a jason model i was already disappointed. the game was new at this point and no one really bothered, but i was already starting with the first thought being "how can a slasher game claim to be true to the movie and then lock a single weapon behind a single jason?".

ever since i been patiently waiting for a weapon switch feature and others were too, and there were posts being made in the forum requesting that feature.

"as for players leaving I think that has to do with new games coming out and people get tired of playing thing after binging for a while," i wonder why? cant be because they have removed and / or locked a ton of basic gameplay features that would add gameplay longevity behind huge level caps? nahh, dont think so. who wouldnt get bored of playing the same jason with the same weapon and the same 3 weapon kills for 500 rounds in a row to unlock a basic slasher feature? not to mention even more basic things like animations. they took out everything that made the beta and alpha feel so awesome and grounded like the turning and starting and stopping animations, even the way the shotgun was held instead of floating on the back. theres a ton of factors, mainly this one though included, that made players get bored of this game fairly quickly again - shitty balancing and anti exploit systems aside.

i would go more indepth with these but you guys are starting to sound more like shills with every post here so im not gonna waste too much of my time with this.

16 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

They brought us the game that no one was going to,  With details right out of the movies with game play that is fun and addictive..... these guys care make no mistake.

"these guys care make no mistake" CHILL, S H I L L

first off how do you even wanna know that no one was going to make a f13 game themselves that might and probably would have been way better than this crap? youre not the almighty god knowing everything before it even happens. im pretty sure after dead by daylight making "slasher" mainstream some devs / fans would eventually have tried this themselves.

details right out of the movies lol. last time i watched pt 2, jason wasnt a huge hulking monster with inhuman powers and teleportation abilities and what not grabbing everyone before performing the same 3 kills on them with his pickaxe, the only weapon he only used in this movie. 🙄he was barely an inch bigger than some of the counselors and their build, and he killed most of them by being stealthy, not by running headfirst into a huge group of counselors armed with shotguns and flareguns and pocket knifes

HELL; THE ENTIRE JASON GAMEPLAY SYSTEM DOESNT EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL UNTIL THE PARTS WHERE HODDER STARTED PLAYING BODYBUILDER ZOMBIE JASON

in most of the movies i recall jason being stealthy and stalking his prey, before striking out of the dark and hiding spots and killing them one by one.

in this game, you run into counselors fixing cars armed with more guns and ammunition than the national guard in 1980 and you have to GRAB them in order to perform any type of kill that isnt slashing, grabs out of which they easily get with pocket knives. this game is so far from the movies its fucking laughable. the only thing its got in common with the movies are the maps / locations (not even the maps are faithful recreations) and the fact that jason is the villain. and even this jason, 5/10 times doesnt even look right like he did in the movies.

the only thing i agree with you is gameplay that is fun (not addictive) - i played a considerable amount that i usually dont with games. even then though, its just because of the setting. if this was any generic slasher game and not f13, my playtime would probably be half of what it is right now. they have a great slasher movie series with a cult following on their side and they just keep fucking it up more and more.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

That's just trading experience/progression for another, parallel system.  Different currencies, same result.

Leveling in a game like this has a purpose; it provides depth and alternative forms of progression to make the game accessible for more players.  I"m nowhere near the proposed level for weapon swapping, and it doesn't phase me one bit.  There needs to be something for players to work towards in this game. 

My issue is with counselor and Jason XP being the same.  Leveling the two should be separate experiences, imo, so that players who cheese as counselors can't reap the rewards for Jason down the line.

17 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

There needs to be something for players to work towards in this game. 

Well im 100% against player rewards being based on time play like glorified participation trophies.    I mean, in RPGs they make sense because that xp gain is meant to simulate real experience and getting stronger and smarter.  In game like this XP gain is nothing but participation points.

I mean, if theres was something meaningful behind unlocking the weapons with players having to earn it.. Thats a different story.

Depends on how you look it i guess

The main reason that the Level Swap is Lv 113 is because the Devs want to people spend more time playing, just that. Am i wrong?

2 minutes ago, Lexandremon said:

The main reason that the Level Swap is Lv 113 is because the Devs want to people spend more time playing, just that. Am i wrong?

The other side of that coin is it punishes player who don't spend all their time playing this game.

Should never have to spend more time playing in order to use something that would actually make you want to spend more time playing in the 1st place.

59 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well... You missed something.

Your explanation make no sense to me.. Because, I don't need incentive to play this game other than to run away from Jason/die... or to Kill people as Jason. 

My explanation does make sense you just don’t like it.

Then you have nothing to be upset about you have all you need and want in the game as is.

59 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

After 19 pages of this.. I still have yet to see one valid reason for leveling locking weapons swaps behind tons of hours of play time.

"INCENTIVES"  is a crock of shit.   

Its bad enough that 3 kills are locked behind lvl 100.   

Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

My explanation does make sense you just don’t like it.

..No it doesn't make sense.   This isn't a  RPG

Just now, HuDawg said:

The other side of that coin is it punishes player who don't spend all their time playing this game.

Should never have to spend more time playing in order to use something that would actually make you want to spend more time playing in the 1st place.

I completely agree with you.
In my country we call this "tampar o sol com a peneira"
Which is, instead of fixing the product looking for a greater number of users, the devs just launch easier means to deal with a problem teporarily but without future effectiveness.

Just now, HuDawg said:

..No it doesn't make sense.   This isn't a  RPG

Larger Text doesn’t change the fact that the game has always been a level up unlock rewards system from the beginning you may not like it but this is how it’s been for a year..... I understand it’s a feature everyone wants and that’s why this thread has been going on for 19 pages.

11 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Larger Text doesn’t change the fact that the game has always been a level up unlock rewards system from the beginning you may not like it but this is how it’s been for a year.....

Well they increased level cap back in Nov...and then stuck 3 cool kills behind that bullshit.  (So theres already incentive to play,...game has other issues it needs to fix)    Yet for some reason, they still haven't add dedicated severs for console players.

Really.. how many people bought this game to level?    Let alone level up for 500+ hours to swap weapons?

The entire concept makes no sense.   I mean it exists... it just doesn't make sense.

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

More kills and killing options would be a reward/perk. In fact leveling up to unlock Jasons and purchase some of the kills. You answered your own query. Hope that makes sense. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

#1 it was RIGHT in one of the first gameplay teasers they released. pretty much the first time we ever saw the kills in this game was with weapons that were removed (the spear and pitchfork) on jasons that were locked to a single weapon (pt2 3 and 7 were shown with a huge amount of weaponry in their hands, and some of the kills were shown in appropriate locations like the pitchfork kill in the barn which could easily be seen as "Here you can do this as an environmental kill in the barn!"

I love your passion bro! I can can see how it would come off that way I thought the same when I watched it also.

when the game was released and i saw that weapons were restricted to a jason model i was already disappointed. the game was new at this point and no one really bothered, but i was already starting with the first thought being "how can a slasher game claim to be true to the movie and then lock a single weapon behind a single jason?"

I also was disappointed.

ever since i been patiently waiting for a weapon switch feature and others were too, and there were posts being made in the forum requesting that feature.

I agree that the community posted and wanted this feature included at some point.

however the developers never came out and said “we will eventually add weapon swapping.” So waiting patiently still doesn’t make sense to me I don’t get into the habit of getting my hopes up for things that I want with out it being warranted.

"as for players leaving I think that has to do with new games coming out and people get tired of playing thing after binging for a while," i wonder why? cant be because they have removed and / or locked a ton of basic gameplay features that would add gameplay longevity behind huge level caps? nahh, dont think so. who wouldnt get bored of playing the same jason with the same weapon and the same 3 weapon kills for 500 rounds in a row to unlock a basic slasher feature? not to mention even more basic things like animations. they took out everything that made the beta and alpha feel so awesome and grounded like the turning and starting and stopping animations, even the way the shotgun was held instead of floating on the back. theres a ton of factors, mainly this one though included, that made players get bored of this game fairly quickly again - shitty balancing and anti exploit systems aside.

i would go more indepth with these but you guys are starting to sound more like shills with every post here so im not gonna waste too much of my time with this

The player base has fluctuated ever since the patches that added more weapons and sprays and then took away weapons and sprays for counselors.... not a weapon swap feature and as for animations beta/ alpha there is a thread that explains why they were removed. Something about memory leaks if I recall correctly.

and to be honest I think the player base is indeed leaving because of newer games for pc and the lack of dedicated servers on console.

these guys care make no mistake" CHILL, S H I L L

first off how do you even wanna know that no one was going to make a f13 game themselves that might and probably would have been way better than this crap? youre not the almighty god knowing everything before it even happens. im pretty sure after dead by daylight making "slasher" mainstream some devs / fans would eventually have tried this themselves.

You are are right I am not the almighty, but since it’s been over 30 years since a Friday the 13th game has been released I would have to say this is a god send gift with and I will quote myself “ details right out of the movies again.” 

details right out of the movies lol. last time i watched pt 2, jason wasnt a huge hulking monster with inhuman powers and teleportation abilities and what not grabbing everyone before performing the same 3 kills on them with his pickaxe, the only weapon he only used in this movie. 🙄he was barely an inch bigger than some of the counselors and their build, and he killed most of them by being stealthy, not by running headfirst into a huge group of counselors armed with shotguns and flareguns and pocket knifes

HELL; THE ENTIRE JASON GAMEPLAY SYSTEM DOESNT EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL UNTIL THE PARTS WHERE HODDER STARTED PLAYING BODYBUILDER ZOMBIE JASON

in most of the movies i recall jason being stealthy and stalking his prey, before striking out of the dark and hiding spots and killing them one by one.

in this game, you run into counselors fixing cars armed with more guns and ammunition than the national guard in 1980 and you have to GRAB them in order to perform any type of kill that isnt slashing, grabs out of which they easily get with pocket knives. this game is so far from the movies its fucking laughable. the only thing its got in common with the movies are the maps / locations (not even the maps are faithful recreations) and the fact that jason is the villain. and even this jason, 5/10 times doesnt even look right like he did in the movies.

the only thing i agree with you is gameplay that is fun (not addictive) - i played a considerable amount that i usually dont with games. even then though, its just because of the setting. if this was any generic slasher game and not f13, my playtime would probably be half of what it is right now. they have a great slasher movie series with a cult following on their side and they just keep fucking it up more and more.

Way to much to get into sounds like you have lots of gripes about gameplay that don’t belong in this thread.

I will only touch on a few, the maps do have a few details missing but overall have to work as a multiplayer game setting....so some discrepancies will occur but I don’t see how anyone could argue that most of of not all the main buildings are really accurate.

Jason models and textures are very accurate .....height and bulk are definitely a little wonky but really nitpicking I would have rather got a Jason who looked like the one in the game then the one from the movie for part 2 any day.

glad we agree gameplay is fun!

“Make sense to me” is simply the “get out of jail free” card to show that you never had a sincere intent to honor that bogus $100 bet. No matter how much sense an answer made you would still claim otherwise just so you wouldn’t have to pay out. 

• Thanks 1

Honestly I would do an XP for counselors and Jason separately. Leveling Jason up unlocks more kills weapons etc. Leveling up counselors unlocks CP/perks and I would maybe even make it where each counselor had their own individual  XP/perks. That way the more you play with Jason be gets stronger. And same with the counselors. If you never play as Jason then you don't unlock stuff. 

Saying that having weapon swapping will make people want to play more is dumb. I have all the Jasons unlocked and have seen all the kill animations. Watching part 2 throw the fire axe isn't going to be a game changer. Yeah I will put the fire axe on NES Jason skin so it will be reminiscent of Jason throwing axes in the NES game, will it cause me to play more? No.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Well im 100% against player rewards being based on time play like glorified participation trophies.    I mean, in RPGs they make sense because that xp gain is meant to simulate real experience and getting stronger and smarter.  In game like this XP gain is nothing but participation points.

I mean, if theres was something meaningful behind unlocking the weapons with players having to earn it.. Thats a different story.

Depends on how you look it i guess

Dammit, stop being so reasonable, I'm finding it too difficult to get angry enough to argue effectively.

Completely agree about the "participation trophy" aspect.  Putting things in the game just to have them in there makes no sense whatsoever.  

But I stand by my assertion that the leveling experiences for counselors and Jason should be separate.  If anything, that reinforces your contention concerning players earning rewards and unlocks, instead of having them arbitrarily maintained behind gates with no intrinsic value, other than being placeholders for marking progress.  

The XP in this game serves as more than simple participation points, because the values are based on in-game achievement.  There's a tremendous advantage to displaying ability and earning XP points for working objectives as opposed to simply playing by rote and not looking to do anything other than rack up "match completed" XP.  A good player can stack XP bonuses effectively through effective game play and thereby accelerate the timeline for leveling.  Gating certain Jasons behind level caps prevents players with inadequate skill sets from unlocking "better" Jasons or counselors (there's a reason J4 is the most commonly used Jason in QP lobbies).  There's a measure of skill involved in unlocking new counselors/Jasons to use in that better players will unlock them sooner, so the reward structure makes some sense as it is.

The other thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is "Level banding", or grouping players in QP matches together by level bands to make the matches more competitive.  I can understand maintaining an XP based progression system if level banding were used to attempt to competitively balance QP matches (i.e., not placing Level 100+ players in a lobby with Level 1 players).  I'm too lazy to look into how this may or may not be in the game right now, but I have to think that given the broad range in ability between veterans and newer players, that level banding would be a good idea, and therefore necessary for the game.

Now, if you want to advance the argument that there shouldn't be any XP at all, and everything should be unlocked with CP only (creating one universal currency for the game), I'll listen to that argument.  To me, having separate CP and XP systems is counter-intuitive and the two systems should definitely be merged.  Maintain XP only for online rankings and level banding, but have it be fluid, where a player can move up or down based on performance in a match (similar to the old Halo system, which is based on match results, as opposed to individual performance).  But having CP become the default currency for counselor perks AND Jason unlocks would be fantastic in lieu of separate progression for each, since players would have to make decisions on how to allocate those CP points.  Do they continue to buff their counselors and troll Jason players, or do they start acquiring more desirable Jasons to play and unlock weapon swapping for them?

I could see the merit behind making each weapon a separate unlock for weapon swapping using CP, as opposed to an arbitrary level cap.  

8 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

“Make sense to me” is simply the “get out of jail free” card to show that you never had a sincere intent to honor that bogus $100 bet. No matter how much sense an answer made you would still claim otherwise just so you wouldn’t have to pay out. 

Well it doesn't make sense..    So why would i pay up?  lol

But yes.. the deck was stacked when i asked that question :D