Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

7 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...Funny you mention it. I've actually been taking some of those online game dev and design courses for a few months now. It's not much. But it gets you started. Breezing through most of it. Did coding all through high school though and I've been thinking about going back to school for it too. I'm at a point in my life where I'm ready to switch careers (I'm a chef right now) and I've got pretty significant back problems. So it's apparently time I spend less time on my feet, according to my doctors. So I've been keeping busy with other stuff and working only the necessary hours. I've been putting together a video doc type thing about the making of this game so far. Really just waiting for the new engine to drop so I can get the final 10 minutes or so. It's actually pretty good, if I may say so myself :P I think you guys will like it. It's taken so much will power not to share anything early.

I'm excited though. I have a few friends in the industry already here. They're artists and coders mainly, too, and I've shot some ideas with them over the last little while. They actually think a couple ideas are worth getting demos out for. Had them over for a BBQ last week and actually had a whiteboard session. I was surprised it got that serious. But we're planning some serious work for October and hoping to have something playable in the Spring 2019. That's about how long they figure it would take to get something of a demo together, and they both work at small teams that have released games in the last year or so (Citadel: Forged with Fire and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare). They know dudes who worked for StudioMDHR (Cuphead) and Rockstar Toronto (worked on The Warriors, one of my favorite games of all time). Turns out Canada is huge for game development right now and I'm pretty good at achieving goals. So I'm excited to see how the next couple of years might change might life.

Game development is stressful. But I've been doing something far more stressful for at least 10 out of the last 16 years. I can handle it.

Thank you for your comment though. I know you were joking. But it also tells me I'm doing the right thing on some level. 

Kudos man, hope it works out the best way possible. Warriors is an excellent game and I am so glad they rereleased it on the psn. I bought it as soon as I saw that. Keep us updated when you get some kind of working demo out. The wife and I @Shes.A.Rebel.88 will definitely throw any kind of support we might be able to behind it.

8 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I, personally, think it should be lower. 

As a dad and a hella-busy dude, I'm lucky if I can play for two hours a week. I'm not even to Level 40 yet, and I've had the game for seven months now.

At that rate, I won't be able to weapon-swap for another TWO YEARS.

Unfortunately, guys like me will likely never benefit from perks offered at that high an unlock achievement. 😩

I feel this right here. Bought the game at digital launch and am only lvl 44. Sucks, but it is what it is I guess. I am indifferent to it as I find myself on other games more when I actually have the time to play any lol.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

The legendary perk crap is especially tragic because it was a wasted opportunity to overhaul the perk system for the better. It's still possible to salvage the system while still keeping the slot machine.

I'll have you know that is the best slot machine simulator going today! Such realism ... Spend thousands, never hit a jackpot!

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2018 at 3:38 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah. @Kodiak amd @DamonD7 is welcome at the end of my trident anytime.

I don't think I ever managed to avoid it! You and @RKSDooM kill me almost every time.

• Like 1

my complaint broken down from the most infuriating point (1) to the least (3) novel inbound warning:

1, an entire leveling and xp system in a FRIDAY THE 13TH SLASHER MOVIE SERIES based game doesnt even make sense in the first place. its like taking fallout, an rpg series, then stripping all the character customization, leveling and experience elements from it and still calling it a true fallout game.

granted its not the best comparison to compare a video game to a videogame vs a videogame to a movie series, but i think it still stands more or less. 

Friday the 13th has NEVER been about character development as an xp / leveling system would warrant it - its always been just a simple, fun, often times badly acted slasher movie where you get to see a ton of creative kills in a campy, low budget horror movie. a leveling and xp system makes absolutely no sense here.

the replayability of the game shouldnt be based on a terrible leveling system, it should be based on FUN GAMEPLAY.

its beyond me how people think "they need leveling and unlocks to be fun after a while and reward people" is valid. no they dont need it. they "need it" now because their game is incredibly buggy, has a quickly dying playerbase on steam and probably on the consoles as well and has had a history of unbalanced and downright laughable gameplay in multiplayer and shitty bots for singleplayer.

i have nearly 200 hours logged on steam (and JUST recently reached level 80) and every single bit of those 200 hours i played and replayed this game because im a fan of slasher movies, a fan of the friday the 13th franchise, and have little problems with the alarming rate of glitches in this game. i eventually got bored by the LACK OF UPDATES for months after those 200 hours, and now im not planning to come back for leveling and xp. i planned to come back to play a game with new stuff, a new engine, and expecting a new feature (weapon swapping) which would completely change the way id play every jason. not a single hour was spent enjoying grinding or leveling, it was spent having fun.

sadly, fun is no longer what the devs seem to care about. everything needs to reward grinders and needs to be unlocked with xp now.

EVEN THEN, theres #2

2, it forces you to grind for ice ages in a game where grinding just isnt fun at all to even warrant this.

1 wouldn't even be a problem to me if the leveling and xp made sense for example, locking the bloody skins behind extremely high levels and making those skins increasingly bloody the higher ur level is was one of the best decisions they made for the game, id love to have them now but i understand that i havent "killed" enough people yet and played enough matches yet to get visibly worn and bloodied.

its a great way to reward higher leveled people for their playtime and dedication. and its fun cause you see what jason is 100% GONNA be a dangerous jason who WILL fuck you deep in your ass because you know this bloodied motherfucker knows his jason gameplay by heart. and its fun to get destroyed by a jason covered in the blood of his previous enemies. its a little, cosmetic thing that doesnt block you from a basic feature that should be in the game from the first place. and it makes sense from a movie perspective. in none of the movies did jason ever get bloody from killing 8 counselors. but in the game youd have killed well over 1000s of em to get to the level 130 range and it would make sense that after so much slaughter in the same 5 places he would eventually get blood on his boots and hands.

same thing with uber jason. you get an entire map (possibly even gamemode) based on his movie, and its locked behind level 150. nobody complains (me neither) because its perfectly fine to lock such a powerful, literal CYBORG jason behind the highest to reach level. and im completely fine with the fact ill likely NEVER get to play him. those that do, good for yall you deserve it. and its logical cause it took ages for jason to eventually get launched into space and turnt into a cyborg, same way its gonna take / took ages for people to level up and get there.

but weapon swapping isnt a bloodied skin, it isnt a cyborg jason and it isnt a new map.

it isnt a logical feature that says "hes killed 9000 people with this camp axe now, after exactly 9000 kills he learned how to hold a machete in his hand and can do kills with that now". 

its a basic feature tied to EVERY jason in the game and it should be there from the very first place. i understood theyd make it later, all cool, but now they wanna lock this basic feature behind a huge level cap? thats not fun. youre now supposed to grind like hundreds (literally hundreds) of hours into JUST playing this game without this feature just so you can eventually start actually playing the game with this feature. it just sucks in my opinion.

and lastly 3, this is the least but still pissed me off a good while. and this was after a year of people asking for that basic feature.

from the main post FROM APRIL, 3 MONTHS AGO:

(...)Today we wanted to show you something that will be important to our fans who prefer to play as Jason. In the next update, and when you reach a sufficient progression level, you will be able to switch Jason’s weapon. Jason Part VII with a machete? Sure. Roy with a pig splitter? Go for it. 

Everyone on the Friday the 13th: The Game team is excited to see the community start experimenting with different Jason & Weapon combinations! 

With Jason being able to switch up his arsenal, we’re happy to let players know that custom key-binding is on the way for our PC players. We know that this is something that you have wanted for a while now, and our left-handed players have certainly been asking us about, and we’re happy to implement this highly requested feature.

)oh cool, might aswell lock custom key binding behind level 150. only the most dedicated players should be able to bind their keys. it gives left handed people something to play the game for and get rewarded for.)

"Everyone on the Friday the 13th: The Game team is excited to see the community start experimenting with different Jason & Weapon combinations!" this, too. so now only people past 113 is your community? all the others are just expendable nobodies to you?

"you didnt play the game as much, so youre not worth it. fuck yourself" 

this post makes it sound like it.

"were excited to see our community with those different jason & weapon combos" he says knowing very well it will be something that probably 5% of the playerbase at most will ever get to use.

cause i dont buy this bullshit that they had to "think carefully" about what level to cap it behind FOR 3 MONTHS just to end up taking the generic 100 and slapping a generic "GeT It yALL 13 CuZ ITs FRiDaY ThE 13Th gEt iT YaLL?!?!?!?!?!?!" (how creative 🙄) onto it in an extremely brief, one sentence announcement especially now when the new update seems to be close to being finished. 

want players to grind? make roy an unlockable instead of putting him out for free. make overhauled retro jason an unlockable instead of level 0 unlock. or just overhaul ur entire leveling system in the first place and make it actually FUN and REWARDING to GRIND for basic features. people have already given good ideas to a challenge based system instead of a generic level unlock.

• Like 3

@jahzaveamanaie I want to read that, but come on man... That's a lot lol

I respect you voicing your opinion though. I'll read it eventually. Just like everyone will unlock weapon swapping eventually.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

want players to bitch and moan? make roy an unlockable instead of putting him out for free. make overhauled retro jason an unlockable instead of level 0 unlock.

There I fixed that for you.

You do realize that no matter what they do players are going to complain about having to unlock anything new at any level? 

You could take every post in here claiming it's unfair, by players below 113, and lower the unlock level to 68. Then we can repopulate the thread with the exact same complaints from players below that level.

13 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

There I fixed that for you.

You do realize that no matter what they do players are going to complain about having to unlock anything new at any level? 

You could take every post in here claiming it's unfair, by players below 113, and lower the unlock level to 68. Then we can repopulate the thread with the exact same complaints from players below that level.

not true. most people are complaining because the level is too high, not because its a thing. and nobody ever complained about unlockable jasons because its an entirely different thing to have a jason character unlockable at a reasonable level vs having a basic feature that everyone asked for since the day this game came out unlockable at an enormous level.

20 minutes ago, Truth said:

I want to read that, but come on man... That's a lot lol

ik what you mean lol i tried putting the most important bits in bold, if you dont wanna read the rest just read the bold and big lettered parts

this was more something towards the devs too, i wish theyd read this post look at my opinions and just think about it. its a basic feature. basic features shouldnt be locked from day 1 gameplay.

• Like 1

Just now, jahzaveamanaie said:

not true. most people are complaining because the level is too high, not because its a thing. and nobody ever complained about unlockable jasons because its an entirely different thing to have a jason character unlockable at a reasonable level vs having a basic feature that everyone asked for since the day this game came out unlockable at an enormous level.

ik what you mean lol i tried putting the most important bits in bold, if you dont wanna read the rest just read the bold and big lettered parts

I'm working on it. I don't want to start this order at work so I'm kind of glad it's long lol

2 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

not true. most people are complaining because the level is too high, not because its a thing. and nobody ever complained about unlockable jasons because its an entirely different thing to have a jason character unlockable at a reasonable level vs having a basic feature that everyone asked for since the day this game came out unlockable at an enormous 

If I remember correctly, people complained about Jason P4 being a level 44 unlock.

2 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

I don't agree with it being at level 113 but I do think it should be a level lock, once you unlock all Jasons then you should have a weapon swap active. That would have kept players happy who are lower levels but they put it at 113 so the grind is on 😕 But people can get there, just play the game, try and do fun things like how many bots can you drown or burn. Things like that. 

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I don't agree with it being at level 113 but I do think it should be a level lock, once you unlock all Jasons then you should have a weapon swap active. That would have kept players happy who are lower levels but they put it at 113 so the grind is on 😕 But people can get there, just play the game, try and do fun things like how many bots can you drown or burn. Things like that. 

thats what im trying to say too. i dont necesarily think it SHOULD be a level lock, but i respect you for thinking a reasonable level should be it. if this was a reasonable level, like you said after unlocking all jasons, pretty much nobody would  complain here and id be happy with it. we all waited so long for this, i begged so much to have the ability to switch the weapon of my favorite jason after getting bored with the same 3 kills (2 which suck honestly) and then after all this time they announce it in the most vague possible way and get everyone excited. then shortly before the release, they remember they didnt "carefully consider" the level cap yet and just did the generic 113 and fucked a lot of the people who were excited and wanted that feature in the first place over. this wouldnt be a problem with A) a reasonable level instead of this huge one OR B )an actually fun way like challenges to unlock each weapon.

25 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

and nobody ever complained about unlockable jasons because its an entirely different thing to have a jason character unlockable at a reasonable level vs having a basic feature that everyone asked for since the day this game came out unlockable at an enormous level.

Well then....

Also, I'd really like to know why everyone keeps calling this a basic feature? As far as I can tell, since I've been playing, this is a new feature. This is not something developers were required to do nor were any players owed this. 

What exactly is the justification everyone is using to keep making this claim? 

You also kicked your rant off by saying you stopped gaining XP because you CHOSE to stop playing.

Sorry you're regretting your decision. 

It's funny, in that link I shared Dr. Lector says, "Fair enough - there should be something epic at 101 though." I guess weapon swapping is the high level unlock. He isn't the only one that suggested a high level unlock either, I think it's just that most people were assuming another Jason.

42 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

it isnt a logical feature that says "hes killed 9000 people with this camp axe now, after exactly 9000 kills he learned how to hold a machete in his hand and can do kills with that now". 

I know you were just throwing number out there, but let me give you this (my stats) for perspective:

Counselors Killed: 1349

Killed by Jason: 940

Time Played: 39373 minutes (656.2 hours) I started about a week after digital launch.

You'd get to 113 before you got anywhere near 9000 kills.

47 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

it was spent having fun

Same here.

47 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

might aswell lock custom key binding behind level 150

That is FAR more basic and necessary than the ability to swap weapons. You stated a very good reason. You've played this long without it, you clearly don't NEED it.

49 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

The Game team is excited to see the community start experimenting with different Jason & Weapon combinations!

Because the START includes those of us that will already have it unlocked. Everyone else will get it eventually if they continue to play. I think you're kind of reaching there, but I understand.

52 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

extremely brief, one sentence announcement

I honestly don't think he was planning on announcing it that day. If you look at the first page on this thread, I tagged Shifty:

On 5/11/2018 at 11:56 AM, Truth said:

@ShiftySamurai any chance you guys have decided on the level/can tell us? Since it's one of the bigger features of the update I'm sure there are a lot of people wondering. I'd be pretty upset to find out AFTER the update that I have to grind another 30 levels. Those of us at 150 obviously don't care, but I doubt that most people are there yet. 

2 hours later he posted the announcement to twitter. 

Other than that, I pretty much agree. Jason X, Roy, the new counselors, etc. are all great things that could've been (or should be) locked. This might not have been the right reward for getting to such a high level, but it is what it is. Doesn't mean you shouldn't voice your opinion.

I've already forgotten the rest of what I was going to say, and I have to start actually doing something at work...

15 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

thats what im trying to say too. i dont necesarily think it SHOULD be a level lock, but i respect you for thinking a reasonable level should be it. if this was a reasonable level, like you said after unlocking all jasons, pretty much nobody would  complain here and id be happy with it. we all waited so long for this, i begged so much to have the ability to switch the weapon of my favorite jason after getting bored with the same 3 kills (2 which suck honestly) and then after all this time they announce it in the most vague possible way and get everyone excited. then shortly before the release, they remember they didnt "carefully consider" the level cap yet and just did the generic 113 and fucked a lot of the people who were excited and wanted that feature in the first place over. this wouldnt be a problem with A) a reasonable level instead of this huge one OR B )an actually fun way like challenges to unlock each weapon.

There were people complaining about I think part 4 Jason being 44 level lock so you'll always have complaints. There is a work around the whole thing, just grind the bots and make a game out of it, you won't have to deal with trolls and hosts. It's boring but I've found ways to make it fun.

22 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Well then....

Also, I'd really like to know why everyone keeps calling this a basic feature? As far as I can tell, since I've been playing, this is a new feature. This is not something developers were required to do nor were any players owed this. 

It may have something to do with the fact that they announced it as a feature before the game launched but then backed away from it.

It also just seems like it is something you should be able to do in the game. It adds variety, and seems like an odd "badge of experience", as in something only players with 300+ hours of experience have access to. Just seems odd. That's a very long time to play a game before getting such a simplistic feature. I don't have that many hours in like 80% of my Steam library. That is a LONG time. 

• Like 1

Just now, SolidusPrime said:

Just seems odd

I agree. It's nice that we're getting rewarded, but this was not the right way to do it.

113 is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from 44 though. 

18 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Well then....

thats 3 pages vs the 14 pages this one made, and after going through the entire thread literally all i see below the main poster is that everyone agrees that level 44 isnt a big deal and is even a good thing. i agree with that too. and while it didnt have a poll, im pretty sure most other people didnt care either. i never said every single person will be satisfied, just that most people are. the poll here itself already shows that around half of all the voters disagree with level 113. thats a pretty big number of people voicing against it vs the thread you send that had pretty much one guy saying level 44 is bad vs the rest of the entire thread being people who have no problem with it. 

24 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

because for a slasher game thats supposed to be a homage to the movies and supposed to respect jason voorhees' character, having the ability to equip part 6 jason with part 6 jasons weapons instead of being forced to play with the fence post he used to kill one person with in the entire movie is something youd expect from how much the developers boasted around that this game would be "THE" definitive friday the 13th videogame. if i play a slasher game based on a legendary slasher series thats mostly known for its creative kills with an assortment of weapons, i expect to be able to play as a legendary slasher and carry out a lot of creative kills with an assortment of weapons. 

27 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

You also kicked your rant off by saying you stopped gaining XP because you CHOSE to stop playing.

this is my problem too. you didnt read my comment as "she stopped playing cause she got burnt out from the repetitive gameplay and the lack of any bug fixes and balancing and content drops" and instead took it as "she stopped leveling up and grinding xp because she chose to stop playing". i think this is already alarming to see considering videogames are supposed to be played for the fun, and not for the xp. this comment of yours makes it look like when you see "play" in this games context you immediately associate that word with grinding xp. its why the community is frowned upon and why everybody calls us salty. because so many people only care about grinding all this xp that at this point theyre not even enjoying the game anymore, and they get pissed and all loud mouthed when you do anything that hinders them from gaining their precious xp.

• Like 2

This feature should be in the game by default without unlock lvl in first place, it is common sense. This is ridiculous, every decision the devs make drive the game in the wrong direction, they listen to the wrong people like always. 

• Like 1

I feel 113 is too high. Remember, the last thing you get with Jason is at Level 44 where you unlock part 4. You don't get anything for Jason until Level 108. That is a massive dearth where you get NOTHING for Jason. Nothing between Level 50 and level 100, where something at level 75 would work very nice, is inexcusable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

It’s most definitely fair

Fair no..

Good idea..   Hell no.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Fair no..

Good idea..   Hell no.

Something you should get over? Yes.