Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

6 hours ago, Culp said:

They'll need to compensate and add swing speed for each Jason. Savini and 8 should still swing the machete slower of they're getting destruction bonus. On the other hand, say Part 3 swinging a slow weapon should not be penalized by slow swing -destruction. They need to make each Jason swing whatever weapon the same speed and destruction they'd swing their original weapon with.

Problem is that we don't know if swing speed is a Jason trait or a weapon trait. They have not clarified that. I asked Courier days ago, and he never answered. Shifty didn't know. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. I hope they make weapon speed a Jason trait and not a weapon trait. 

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

Problem is that we don't know if swing speed is a Jason trait or a weapon trait. They have not clarified that. I asked Courier days ago, and he never answered. Shifty didn't know. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. I hope they make weapon speed a Jason trait and not a weapon trait. 

I think speed will be tied to weapon. Which we know what that'll mean for Jasons with +Destruction while using shears or the machete, unless the devs have a plan for that.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I think speed will be tied to weapon. Which we know what that'll mean for Jasons with +Destruction while using shears or the machete, unless the devs have a plan for that.

Can we get @AldermachXI on the dev team please?

• Thanks 1

I, personally, think it should be lower. 

As a dad and a hella-busy dude, I'm lucky if I can play for two hours a week. I'm not even to Level 40 yet, and I've had the game for seven months now.

At that rate, I won't be able to weapon-swap for another TWO YEARS.

Unfortunately, guys like me will likely never benefit from perks offered at that high an unlock achievement. 😩

7 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I, personally, think it should be lower. 

As a dad and a hell-busy dude, I'm lucky if I can play for two hours a week. I'm not even to Level 40 yet, and I've had the game for seven months now.

At that rate, I won't be able to weapon-swap for another TWO YEARS.

Unfortunately, guys like me will likely never benefit from perks offered at that high an unlock achievement. 😩

This is so sad , man. You never even played Part IV Jason......and probably not even Part IX.....man , that hurts me to hear that.

38 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Plan? What plan? 😂😛

We talked at length regarding this specific issue...it's still clear as mud.

Well, seeing how all Jason's actions are mocaped, I would guess that speed is connected to the weapon. they would simply call the animation for the corresponding weapon and it would play that animation(which would make the swing speed the same for all with that weapon). The could probably slow and speed up an animation but it might look unnatural at that point and I seriously doubt they are gonna mocaped alternate swing speeds for every Jason(very impractical). 

But, I think he should have the same Swing speed as the Jason who wields the weapon originally so I don't see this as a problem. It makes the gameplay less monotonous and more unpredictable. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

Can we get @AldermachXI on the dev team please?

lol...Funny you mention it. I've actually been taking some of those online game dev and design courses for a few months now. It's not much. But it gets you started. Breezing through most of it. Did coding all through high school though and I've been thinking about going back to school for it too. I'm at a point in my life where I'm ready to switch careers (I'm a chef right now) and I've got pretty significant back problems. So it's apparently time I spend less time on my feet, according to my doctors. So I've been keeping busy with other stuff and working only the necessary hours. I've been putting together a video doc type thing about the making of this game so far. Really just waiting for the new engine to drop so I can get the final 10 minutes or so. It's actually pretty good, if I may say so myself :P I think you guys will like it. It's taken so much will power not to share anything early.

I'm excited though. I have a few friends in the industry already here. They're artists and coders mainly, too, and I've shot some ideas with them over the last little while. They actually think a couple ideas are worth getting demos out for. Had them over for a BBQ last week and actually had a whiteboard session. I was surprised it got that serious. But we're planning some serious work for October and hoping to have something playable in the Spring 2019. That's about how long they figure it would take to get something of a demo together, and they both work at small teams that have released games in the last year or so (Citadel: Forged with Fire and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare). They know dudes who worked for StudioMDHR (Cuphead) and Rockstar Toronto (worked on The Warriors, one of my favorite games of all time). Turns out Canada is huge for game development right now and I'm pretty good at achieving goals. So I'm excited to see how the next couple of years might change might life.

Game development is stressful. But I've been doing something far more stressful for at least 10 out of the last 16 years. I can handle it.

Thank you for your comment though. I know you were joking. But it also tells me I'm doing the right thing on some level. 

• Like 3

Damn @AldermachXI, didn't know any of that. That's pretty fucking cool! Much respect for switching careers like that.

Keep us posted on that game! I know you won't share too many details now, but I'd love to try it out when it's ready!

• Like 1

I say no because there are times I have easily increased 10 levels or more per weekend, [with increased xp] you need around 6000 points per level, I think? So you can easily get 1 level in a relatively short amount of time playing. When I play F13, i Usually Binge. So its the only game I play for weeks, months at a time. Then I take breaks onto a select few games.

SDE NOTE: For me personally it was the hardest time leveling from levels 1-20, after that I found a rhythm and started rockin"

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Damn @AldermachXI, didn't know any of that. That's pretty fucking cool! Much respect for switching careers like that.

Keep us posted on that game! I know you won't share too many details now, but I'd love to try it out when it's ready!

Here's the first thing I've learned about game development - and I've got it DOWN:

Soon.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...Funny you mention it. I've actually been taking some of those online game dev and design courses for a few months now. It's not much. But it gets you started. Breezing through most of it. Did coding all through high school though and I've been thinking about going back to school for it too. I'm at a point in my life where I'm ready to switch careers (I'm a chef right now) and I've got pretty significant back problems. So it's apparently time I spend less time on my feet, according to my doctors. So I've been keeping busy with other stuff and working only the necessary hours. I've been putting together a video doc type thing about the making of this game so far. Really just waiting for the new engine to drop so I can get the final 10 minutes or so. It's actually pretty good, if I may say so myself :P I think you guys will like it. It's taken so much will power not to share anything early.

I'm excited though. I have a few friends in the industry already here. They're artists and coders mainly, too, and I've shot some ideas with them over the last little while. They actually think a couple ideas are worth getting demos out for. Had them over for a BBQ last week and actually had a whiteboard session. I was surprised it got that serious. But we're planning some serious work for October and hoping to have something playable in the Spring 2019. That's about how long they figure it would take to get something of a demo together, and they both work at small teams that have released games in the last year or so (Citadel: Forged with Fire and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare). They know dudes who worked for StudioMDHR (Cuphead) and Rockstar Toronto (worked on The Warriors, one of my favorite games of all time). Turns out Canada is huge for game development right now and I'm pretty good at achieving goals. So I'm excited to see how the next couple of years might change might life.

Game development is stressful. But I've been doing something far more stressful for at least 10 out of the last 16 years. I can handle it.

Thank you for your comment though. I know you were joking. But it also tells me I'm doing the right thing on some level. 

Thats awesome, I have been a CAD Designer for the better part of 15 years now, I greatly enjoy it, with a paired field in Quality Inspection for a number of years. On a daily basis I get to go out and field measure for jobs and also get to do some traveling around the country. I made the decision to go to night school along time ago and have never regretted doing it. Good Luck.

• Like 1

I think 113 is a good level BUT  I sure as peaches was expecting it to be distributed like new weapons on different levels divided on to the chart from 50 to 150, with perhaps even savini fork on 150 just to have it as a motivation?

5 minutes ago, Aksana said:

I think 113 is a good level BUT  I sure as peaches was expecting it to be distributed like new weapons on different levels divided on to the chart from 50 to 150, with perhaps even savini fork on 150 just to have it as a motivation?

"Savini" fork isn't likely. But I really don't see why they couldn't add the regular pitchfork back in and put the "Savini" kills on that one. That wouldn't bother me at all, as someone who has him already. No reason why the kills need to be exclusive, in my opinion. The skin and music (and pitchfork) are enough :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

"Savini" fork isn't likely. But I really don't see why they couldn't add the regular pitchfork back in and put the "Savini" kills on that one. That wouldn't bother me at all, as someone who has him already. No reason why the kills need to be exclusive, in my opinion. The skin and music (and pitchfork) are enough :)

He was marketed as having exclusive kills, so it would be a big controversy if they did that. I don't mind them adding a pitchfork but it should come with a kill pack for new unique kills. They have added kills to other weapons so I don't see it as being a huge issue to add a few new pitchfork kills and allow everyone to be able to get them.  

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

He was marketed as having exclusive kills, so it would be a big controversy if they did that. I don't mind them adding a pitchfork but it should come with a kill pack for new unique kills. They have added kills to other weapons so I don't see it as being a huge issue to add a few new pitchfork kills and allow everyone to be able to get them.  

That's true. Then Savini could also get a kill pack without releasing one exclusively for him.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Totally agree with you tbh! I mean a normal pitchfork would work as well just like other ''skin'' on the weapons. I have savini thanks to supporting this game long before release along with the backerkit clothes and so on,  I must admit I got upset seeing buggzys exclusive clothes In the unlockables so I get people dont want that with savini but his kills could be for everyone

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

But we're planning some serious work for October and hoping to have something playable in the Spring 2019.

Good luck with that. I'm working a small team now, all out of Canada, and it's a chore to be sure but well worth it.

The biggest challenge, IMO, is getting the funding. I think this is why Canada may have more as far as developers - their government gives money away via the CMF. We've landing a pretty substantial amount of funding and the game we're currently developing should be out next spring/summer.

We've also got another project we're putting together that'll be based on a licensed character - and very excited to say we've gotten the blessing from the license holder which is cool because we're kind of redefining a character that's literally 100 years old.

If we can get the money behind this we've got a 3rd on the back burner which would be an asymmetric survival horror and pretty wicked I might say.

Anyway best of luck to you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dmack621 said:

Whoopty fucking do! You paid $40 for a game. You got what you paid for, now shut up. I kickstarted the game for more than that, yet I'm not bitching about level unlocks like a spoiled kid. And,  No genius, they didn't show weapon swapping in one of their first trailers. They showed a place-holder using ONLY part 2 Jason in order to give a sneak peek of Savini's kills without showing what Savini or his weapon looked like. 

Your attempt to try and sound clever with the "I have a job" line only further makes you look foolish and entitled. I work 40+ hours a week, I also spend one week a month on call. Yet I have managed to put in the time in the YEAR this game has been out, and I only play once or twice a week. I have plenty of friends the same way, once or twice a week and they're 150. The fact you used their trailers as an argument means you must've had the game since close to launch.

If you're not 113 after a year and several double xp weekends oh well, you are entitled to nothing. Just another spoiled brat, whining because he wants something.

the trailer showed several jasons with several weapons and several kills. it gave everyone the impression that, like a slasher game SHOULD be, we get to find weapons around the map and do cool kills with them or atleast have the choice to switch up our weapons regardless of the jason were playing.

i love how you keep calling me a bitch and a spoiled brat and blame my generation for being entitled bitches simply because i voice my opinion about a feature on a video game on a thread that asks for opinions.

i see youre doing really well at discerning whats real life from whats gaming 😉🤷‍♀️ 

cause complaining about a terribly communicated feature that should be an expected basis in a SLASHER game equals being a spoiled brat and expecting everything up my ass in real life?  just cause your kids and the kids in california are spoiled brats doesnt mean everyone suddenly is.

not everyone is as dedicated as you are mr online tough boi, some people are actually still JUST buying this game. they should have the same option to use all weapons as level 150s should have because this game is a homage to the movies and not a single jason had restricted himself to a single weapon in any of the movies.

this is pretty much like locking features that should have been there since day 1 behind paid dlc. only that id even prefer that over a level cap cause atleast i can support the devs with a bit of money and get that basic feature and have fun just playing the game and not caring about grinding xp. basically ea but with level caps instead.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Hey what about the Idea of Level-locking dedicated Servers?

On Xbox we unlock dedicated servers at level 151.

XP bar keeps resetting to 150 when I max it out.

Think it's permanently bugged so I'll never reach 151. 😄

My guess is that the devs realized their progression system sucks and isn't keeping people playing, and locking one of the biggest features of the next update behind a very high level gate is their way of trying to emulate that DbD grind. They're doing it all wrong though.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

My guess is that the devs realized their progression system sucks and isn't keeping people playing, and locking one of the biggest features of the next update behind a very high level gate is their way of trying to emulate that DbD grind. They're doing it all wrong though.

Agree, to lock weapon swapping to such a high level is maybe the most asinine decision I’ve seen them make. I’ve been max level for many months so it doesn’t affect me in the least, but I still think it’s a total joke to introduce a feature and make sure that majority of players won’t ever get to use it. 

Along with the Legendary perks, which add even more slot machine RNG for bonuses that are literally behind the decimal point, F13 may have what is actually the worst “progression” system ever made. Takes a special kind of incompetence to achieve that.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

the trailer showed several jasons with several weapons and several kills. it gave everyone the impression that, like a slasher game SHOULD be, we get to find weapons around the map and do cool kills with them or atleast have the choice to switch up our weapons regardless of the jason were playing.

i love how you keep calling me a bitch and a spoiled brat and blame my generation for being entitled bitches simply because i voice my opinion about a feature on a video game on a thread that asks for opinions.

i see youre doing really well at discerning whats real life from whats gaming 😉🤷‍♀️ 

cause complaining about a terribly communicated feature that should be an expected basis in a SLASHER game equals being a spoiled brat and expecting everything up my ass in real life?  just cause your kids and the kids in california are spoiled brats doesnt mean everyone suddenly is.

not everyone is as dedicated as you are mr online tough boi, some people are actually still JUST buying this game. they should have the same option to use all weapons as level 150s should have because this game is a homage to the movies and not a single jason had restricted himself to a single weapon in any of the movies.

this is pretty much like locking features that should have been there since day 1 behind paid dlc. only that id even prefer that over a level cap cause atleast i can support the devs with a bit of money and get that basic feature and have fun just playing the game and not caring about grinding xp. basically ea but with level caps instead.

Never called you a bitch. I may have mentioned bitchING about an online game, but nope, never called you a bitch.

Your argument that this should have been in the game from the start is a valid one, and I get it. What I don't get is "give it to me cause I don't have time to earn it." What level it unlocks doesn't affect me, and I get that too. It does affect you. 

Oh and you may want to reevaluate before you go spouting off about "internet tough guys"

1. Nothing I said to you was about being "tough" and 

2. I grew up without the internet. I will absolutely say to your face anything I'll say on here.

34 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Agree, to lock weapon swapping to such a high level is maybe the most asinine decision I’ve seen them make. I’ve been max level for many months so it doesn’t affect me in the least, but I still think it’s a total joke to introduce a feature and make sure that majority of players won’t ever get to use it. 

Along with the Legendary perks, which add even more slot machine RNG for bonuses that are literally behind the decimal point, F13 may have what is actually the worst “progression” system ever made. Takes a special kind of incompetence to achieve that.

The legendary perk crap is especially tragic because it was a wasted opportunity to overhaul the perk system for the better. It's still possible to salvage the system while still keeping the slot machine.