Manny1985

Poll: Level 113 weapon swapping. Too high a level, or fair to players?

Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Is level 113 to high to unlock weapon swapping?

• Yes, here are some alternatives:
    • No, people should be able to reach 113 without much difficulty.

Just now, Mawlock said:

*shrugs* the world may never know.

Very true. Hollywood is crawling with back stabbers. The only thing you can really guarantee is that they’ll say whatever makes them look the best in any given situation. 

39 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

It's not about the machete being "pure" to the movies. It's about it being the best choice. Why would anyone use a fire axe on Part 8 when they can swap it out for a machete, allowing them to swing faster, but keep their +Destruction? Same goes for Savini. Machete will just straight up be the best choice. Oh sure, a few will keep weapons like the Pig Splitter or Double Bit Axe because they like the kills or whatever. But the majority will go for the most effective combo possible in order to win. And that will involve the fast swinging machete or shears.

I agree that it isn't about being a "purist" I am and Jason has way more kills with various weapons over the machete. But I disagree about it being the only weapon in lobbies once a large majority unlock swapping. I will be putting correct weapons with Jason's. Or at least the ones he used more in the respective movies. And not all of us get caught up in the whole competitive/meta crap. I play for the fun, and get as close to recreating the movie experience as possible, unless just fucking around with a group of friends. Either way I am only lvl 44 and nowhere near a completionist when it comes to games. Don't care about all the trophies and stuff. And the lvl cap on it, while it might be a little high doesn't bother me. If I want something I will get it, and if by chance Uber is unlocked at lvl 150, it wouldn't bother me in the least as I have no interest in that guy anyway. 

2 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Exactly. When you have the time, you work at it. You don't stand in the corner stamping your feet and pouting while screaming "B..but he has it! It's not fair. I don't care that he put the time in to earn it, I want it too! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT!"

That's literally how these people sound to me. Like a kid in a supermarket wanting those cookies and ice cream. Sometimes, you just gotta swat that tantrum throwing motherfucker's ass and let em' know, "bitch I said no!"

Sounds like me right now with all the Jurassic World fallen kingdom toys lol  want them I want them I want them! But I'm too damn broke after buying other stuff like food lol

11 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

According to the documentary, crystal lake memories, the producers of fvj wanted as little associations with the "bad four" (parts 7-10) as possible. That included Kane Hodder, whose performance as the series main character, Jason Voorhees, failed to lift the films above their mediocrity. Jason X was Kane hodder's last chance and he blew it.

It was NOT Ronny Yu who didn't want Kane Hodder. That's a myth. He said he didn't care one way or they other who the big shots wanted.

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2016/03/the-saga-of-kane-hodder-not-playing.html?m=1

This isn't the whole, 100% story, but it's the gist of it. TL;dr: New Line wanted someone cheaper and "better". 

Kane Hodder didn't ruin part 7-10, shitty writing did. Kane did an excellent job as Jason. Gave him character even with a non-speaking role. Writers who wanted Jason vs Carrie, NY toxic sludge Jason demises, weird fanboy Evil Dead shout-outs mixed with tremors worms invading pussies and Star Trek the 13th are what ruined the later movies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Kane Hodder didn't ruin part 7-10, shitty writing did. Kane did an excellent job as Jason. Gave him character even with a non-speaking role. Writers who wanted Jason vs Carrie, NY toxic sludge Jason demises, weird fanboy Evil Dead shout-outs mixed with tremors worms invading pussies and Star Trek the 13th are what ruined the later movies.

This 100% The other guy who really did great at giving Jason character very well was CJ Graham. He was fantastic, I like him equal to Hodder. The way he moved and breathed, to me was just awesome, and you can tell Hodder studied his performance and tried to improve upon what Graham did with the character. Although I do like 8 personally, outside of his unmasked face and the whole reverting to a boy at the end, even though this was supposedly a "Rennie flashback".

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

I agree, it was the writers that ruined those films. That said, Hodder has always been my least favorite Jason, but he was always pretty good. I think what may have also worked against him is that by the time Freddy Vs Jason came around he developed a sense of entitlement and so when he went to talk to the people putting it together he put out an aura that the role was rightfully "his" and nobody else's. The same thing happened recently to the guy that has done Kermit the Frog for nearly three decades since Jim Henson's death. He got replaced due to ego (although in Kermit's case it was a far more aggrevated example). At least, that's the feeling I get when I read interviews with him, but maybe I'm simply reading too much into it.

4 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

This 100% The other guy who really did great at giving Jason character very well was CJ Graham. He was fantastic, I like him equal to Hodder. The way he moved and breathed, to me was just awesome, and you can tell Hodder studied his performance and tried to improve upon what Graham did with the character. Although I do like 8 personally, outside of his unmasked face and the whole reverting to a boy at the end, even though this was supposedly a "Rennie flashback".

I absolutely agree on CJ Graham. Part 6 is my favorite movie of the series and a lot of that has to do with the fact that Jason moved, acted and looked like a straight up killing machine. CJ started the trend that Kane followed suit with. 100% agreed!

6 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

I absolutely agree on CJ Graham. Part 6 is my favorite movie of the series and a lot of that has to do with the fact that Jason moved, acted and looked like a straight up killing machine. CJ started the trend that Kane followed suit with. 100% agreed!

Agree as well on 6. I love part 4 as well, but 6 is easily my favorite. From the look of Jason unmasked, to his brutality and overall performance I almost wish he was Jason throughout over Hodder just because of how humble that guy is. Real class act.

Edit: Also love your synopsis on 7-X. Hit the nail on the head in so little words.

45 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

I totally agree with you. Kane Hodder took Jason and elevated him in ways none of the other stuntmen could. He was the fucking man. It's just too bad that after part 6, the writers just gave up, and Kane was never given any decent material to work with.

Still, despite it's flaws, I find part 7 to be a highly enjoyable film, and I personally consider it to both be the last good film in the series and the best/only watchable Kane Hodder one.

• Like 1

As a level 130 player, that's WAAAAtoo high to unlock.

To get to level 113.... that took me forever even with the double exp events.

Put the requirement down lower so players don't feel like their burning out when grinding so hard.

• Like 2

if they really want to keep it at this level maybe they should redo the grinder perk and actually make it worth something instead of it being totally useless

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

It's not about the machete being "pure" to the movies. It's about it being the best choice. Why would anyone use a fire axe on Part 8 when they can swap it out for a machete, allowing them to swing faster, but keep their +Destruction? Same goes for Savini. Machete will just straight up be the best choice. Oh sure, a few will keep weapons like the Pig Splitter or Double Bit Axe because they like the kills or whatever. But the majority will go for the most effective combo possible in order to win. And that will involve the fast swinging machete or shears.

Fair enough, that was presumptuous on my part. Can't say I noticed this meta advantage myself.

Still, I don't really believe the machete will get that overused.

They'll need to compensate and add swing speed for each Jason. Savini and 8 should still swing the machete slower of they're getting destruction bonus. On the other hand, say Part 3 swinging a slow weapon should not be penalized by slow swing -destruction. They need to make each Jason swing whatever weapon the same speed and destruction they'd swing their original weapon with.

don´t see any problem here. leveling up with the bots beeing dumber than bread right now is super fast. envi/hiding spot kills only, turn off a powerbox, get one trapped (easy, they have spots where they always go) and you have easy and fast 1300xp. in under 10mins.

8 hours ago, dmack621 said:

Then I guess you have better things to do than unlocking weapon swapping. 

The entitlement generation is fucking hilarious.

i paid 40 bucks for this game expecting a trivial thing like this to be part of it, theyve shown it in one of their first trailers after all. it feels like a ripoff to have a such a high level unlock requirement now for a feature that should have been part since day 1.

you can have your fun wasting your uneventful lifetime on an alpha game, but people like me actually have a job and work for their money. we look for games to play for fun, not to WORK on a video game. youre sounding ridiculous kid.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

I'm in the same boat as you I'm 150 on Xbox but after buying a PlayStation in March I actually like my PlayStation more I wish my level at least carried over like how some games do with online servers. 

I have similar Problem..... I am 126 on  PS4 but I will Play it on PC.... yeah , I haven´t even bought the game for PC yet...

I can see both sides of this level restriction debate.  In the end though, if it is going to "put off" a lot of people in the already small community playing this game, I hope they just go ahead and change it to like half what it is now.  Instead of 113, maybe level 65-70 and just be done with it.  I'm 150 and not really affected, but I can see the perspective of those who just bought the game or who are still low level players.  I just hope the final decision on this matter is based on growing the player base and growing the community instead of alienating players.  If they need something to lock behind extremely high paywalls to motivate playtime and grind, maybe they could use dance emotes and other seemingly useless aspects of the game like that.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

i paid 40 bucks for this game expecting a trivial thing like this to be part of it, theyve shown it in one of their first trailers after all. it feels like a ripoff to have a such a high level unlock requirement now for a feature that should have been part since day 1.

you can have your fun wasting your uneventful lifetime on an alpha game, but people like me actually have a job and work for their money. we look for games to play for fun, not to WORK on a video game. youre sounding ridiculous kid.

Whoopty fucking do! You paid $40 for a game. You got what you paid for, now shut up. I kickstarted the game for more than that, yet I'm not bitching about level unlocks like a spoiled kid. And,  No genius, they didn't show weapon swapping in one of their first trailers. They showed a place-holder using ONLY part 2 Jason in order to give a sneak peek of Savini's kills without showing what Savini or his weapon looked like. 

Your attempt to try and sound clever with the "I have a job" line only further makes you look foolish and entitled. I work 40+ hours a week, I also spend one week a month on call. Yet I have managed to put in the time in the YEAR this game has been out, and I only play once or twice a week. I have plenty of friends the same way, once or twice a week and they're 150. The fact you used their trailers as an argument means you must've had the game since close to launch.

If you're not 113 after a year and several double xp weekends oh well, you are entitled to nothing. Just another spoiled brat, whining because he wants something.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Whoopty fucking do! You paid $40 for a game. You got what you paid for, now shut up. I kickstarted the game for more than that, yet I'm not bitching about level unlocks like a spoiled kid. And,  No genius, they didn't show weapon swapping in one of their first trailers. They showed a place-holder using ONLY part 2 Jason in order to give a sneak peek of Savini's kills without showing what Savini or his weapon looked like. 

Your attempt to try and sound clever with the "I have a job" line only further makes you look foolish and entitled. I work 40+ hours a week, I also spend one week a month on call. Yet I have managed to put in the time in the YEAR this game has been out, and I only play once or twice a week. I have plenty of friends the same way, once or twice a week and they're 150. The fact you used their trailers as an argument means you must've had the game since close to launch.

If you're not 113 after a year and several double xp weekends oh well, you are entitled to nothing. Just another spoiled brat, whining because he wants something.

I assume anyone who thinks people need to put in over 500+ Hours in a game to choose between a fork and spoon is the real entitled brat.     Even RPGS built around grinding Xp isn't that damn insane.    

If they wanted people to actually 'earn' weapons to swap.  They should have made it so players need to get a specific amount of weapon kills with a specific weapon to unlock that weapon.    This would have started everyone off on equal footing, made more sense and actually be fair and fun.

People like you think weapon swap is a reward..  People like me think its just a standard option, not a reward.  And sure a hell not a 500 hour grind fest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmack621 said:

It is not bitching when someone has to wait 300 hours to unlock what should be a basic feature.
Find me another game, that doesn't unlock a basic feature until you have to play it 300 hours. Go ahead. I'll wait. 

Again I have the time played. I kickstarted this game.  I will get this feature the moment it unlocks.  This company continues to make dick moves to its players and people just seem too blind to call B.S when they deserve it.  The core concept of this game is great. The execution of that concept continues to be as annoying as ever a year later.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

They should have made it so players need to get a specific amount of weapon kills with a specific weapon to unlock that weapon.

Yeah you've already suggested this - 1013 kills with a certain weapon to unlock the specific weapon's swap function.

They'd first have to institute a system that starts racking up all your weapon specific kills to add points to unlocking the swap ability.

Every player would then be required to play every Jason for an extensive period of time. 

Online you'd still have people quitting before you get the chance to kill them, that or being run over by trolls in cars. Players would inevitably being spending substantial amounts of time in offline mode.

Each Jason would need about 144 matches to land the kills for achievement, there's 8 Jasons. That's over 1100 matches and at 10 minutes a pop that's almost 200 hours. 

Almost 200 hours of forcing players to use Jasons they don't want to use, killing people in ways that may very well not be the most strategically viable method at the time. 

Have fun when counselors start ganging up on you because they know you have to grab them. Have fun being Jason 1 in 8 matches. 

STFU and get your ass to level 113. FFS.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Almost 200 hours of forcing players to use Jasons they don't want to use, killing people in ways that may very well not be the most strategically viable method at the time. 

Have fun when counselors start ganging up on you because they know you have to grab them. Have fun being Jason 1 in 8 matches. 

LOL?  Forcing players to use a Jason they don't want does make sense to me..   I play on random.   So if it was changed to EARNING the WEAPON buy killing BOT/PLAYERS with that WEAPON.  Why would i care?  Anything is better then grinding XP and unlike Xp bars,  getting kills actually feels like EARNING something.   

Also i don't get ganged up on.. I get QUIT on.    Huge difference... id say.

@HuDawg

Why don't you just pretend that you have to get the 1013 kills you keep suggesting for each Jason. By the time you finish that you'll be level 150 several times over and you'll have your weapon swap.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

@HuDawg

Why don't you just pretend that you have to get the 1013 kills you keep suggesting for each Jason. By the time you finish that you'll be level 150 several times over and you'll have your weapon swap.

1013 kills maybe a bit much.. Just smoked my 1st doob in a week..  Just felt like a good number..lol

Alls i know is anything is better then LVLS and Xp in Non Rpgs

6 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

don´t see any problem here. leveling up with the bots beeing dumber than bread right now is super fast. envi/hiding spot kills only, turn off a powerbox, get one trapped (easy, they have spots where they always go) and you have easy and fast 1300xp. in under 10mins.

I tried this the other day when I wasn't able to get online.

It is sooooooo mind numbingly boring. I wanted to blow my brains out by the time I finished the 3rd match. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1