uberXJoshua

Is Jason X content going the way of Paranoia?

Paranoia was announced then not spoke of for several months and then cancelled. In December jasonX content was announced but hasn't been spoken about by devs in 5 months, seems they may have hit same snag as paranoia, great idea but they just can't successfully impliment it into fun gameplay?

• Like 1

Well , let´s just hope not. But they put almost anything to hold for dedicated Servers , and that includes Grendel and Uber-Jason. Well I think , that they think , that Paranoia is the biggest Thing they planned , so they put it on hold. Did they say , what they do after dedicated Servers? It´s probably Uber-Jason and Grendel or Paranoia , what they work on next. But I think they choose to work on Uber-Jason and Grendel after dedicated Servers.

51 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

problem-solving-flow-chart.jpg.b86f9731e4ee6ad1f775cec63dbbc9b6.jpg 

Yeah pretty much 

Just now, JasonLives86 said:

I certainly hope not. I would love an update on the Jason x content.

UPDATE : SOON.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

They never said Paranoia was canceled. They said it was going to be put on the back burner for awhile and then released Roy and Pinehurst. 

Yeah, but that generally translates to cancelled.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Cancelled is cancelled. They never said Paranoia is cancelled. Stop spreading bullshit.

That said, it's been a while. An official word from the devs as to its status would be nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They never said it was cancelled, they have been working on it but they don't like some of the things so it's on the back burner till they get this update and dedicated severs up and running before they work on that. Uber Jason is I would say half way done. As for the map? Hard to say but I'm sure it's close to being done. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Cancelled is cancelled. They never said Paranoia is cancelled. Stop spreading bullshit.

That said, it's been a while. An official word from the devs as to its status would be nice.

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't working on paranoia at all right now. I'm sure if we hear anything further about it that it probably won't be until after the update and uber drops.

And I'm sure uber and the grendel are on the way. The devs probably don't want to release everything at once and have nothing left for people to keep playing for. Because after uber, what is going to keep people playing? More bugs to look forward to being fixed?

Just now, Hell Toupee said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't working on paranoia at all right now.

I'm pretty sure they explicitly stated such. It has been indefinitely shelved, and unless it actually becomes a thing, it will probably remain indefinitely shelved and never be outright confirmed as cancelled. Uber Jason and Grendel are backburner stuff, and were probably intended to be out by now but their engine update shenanigans ruined that.

8 hours ago, Hell Toupee said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't working on paranoia at all right now. I'm sure if we hear anything further about it that it probably won't be until after the update and uber drops.

And I'm sure uber and the grendel are on the way. The devs probably don't want to release everything at once and have nothing left for people to keep playing for. Because after uber, what is going to keep people playing? More bugs to look forward to being fixed?

Yeah, I'm sure the devs are currently concentrating 100% of their resources on the upcoming update. Whether Paranoia is happening or not, it's most likely not being worked on right now for that reason.

And I'm also 100% sure Uber/Grendel is still happening. Paranoia was introduced via a quick YouTube video that didn't show anything whatsoever, whereas a legit, semi-playable Grendel level and finished Uber Jason model were introduced in Virtual Cabin 2.0, proving that significant Jason X assets do indeed exist. I can see the devs tossing a simple concept that isn't working out, but not actual finished content.

The Jason X content is still coming. Right now, the main priority for the devs is to roll out the big update, and then focus on adding dedicated servers to the console versions of the game.  

After all that happens, they will work on adding additional content to the game. I really hope they don’t scrap Paranoia. If the devs are having trouble making the Paranoia game mode “fun,” they should include the community to help them flesh it out further and find that level of fun they are looking for.

Jason X will be in the game. I say that because all they litterally have to do is copy and paste any Jason, give some new abilities, and a different skin for the model. So there isn’t a whole lot of effort in that area. I am not referring to a new map, only the model. Because the map would take some effort, and there isn’t a a lot of that around these parts as of late.

Gun's biggest priority is finishing the engine update and dedicated servers. Uber Jason and Grendel will most likely be released with the engine update or after dedicated servers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mgeoff88 said:

If the devs are having trouble making the Paranoia game mode “fun,” they should include the community to help them flesh it out further and find that level of fun they are looking for.

Yeah, I'm sure that will work out well.

12 hours ago, Dragonborn said:

When they do release the Jason X update I really hope they add the characters as well. Janessa would be an awesome character  

That may happen sometime in the future but next to no one suggested a thread for Jason X Characters. I am 99,999% sure a new counselor from Jason X won´t be included in the update.

At worst its cancelled.

At best its early 2019.

Don't expect it over the summer, that's for sure and IF they make futuristic clothing packs for the map. Even more time right there.

On 5/14/2018 at 12:51 PM, uberXJoshua said:

Paranoia was announced then not spoke of for several months and then cancelled. In December jasonX content was announced but hasn't been spoken about by devs in 5 months, seems they may have hit same snag as paranoia, great idea but they just can't successfully impliment it into fun gameplay?

52 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

At worst its cancelled.

At best its early 2019.

Don't expect it over the summer, that's for sure and IF they make futuristic clothing packs for the map. Even more time right there.

I have to agree with @Dolemite here. Never once has anyone from either Illfonic OR Gun stated that "Paranoia" was canceled. Saying anything else is spreading false news.

My personal opinion? They played what they had, and only THEN realized there was MUCH more they could do with it ("If only we had TIME!"). Hence the statements of "It needs to be more fun."

But with the new engine update forthcoming AND the continued effort with dedicated servers, they decided to put it on the backburner and focus more fully on the most immediate needs first. Then, once the game is running as smoothly as possible, they return to development of "Paranoia" and give it the love it deserves.

tl;dr - "Backburner" ≠ "Canceled" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1