Jump to content
Anonymous

Make breaking free and rise/shake off a QTE instead of button mashing.

Recommended Posts

it would be fun if you had to shake your mouse violently instead, like in depth when u play as a shark and you have to tear apart a diver whos in your mouth you shake the mouse rapidly and the animation goes faster accordingly. it would be cool if you would see the counselor wiggle around as violently as you shake the mouse too cause this way ud see the panic some people would have or the shock from jumpscares you would see visually on people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

it would be fun if you had to shake your mouse violently instead, like in depth when u play as a shark and you have to tear apart a diver whos in your mouth you shake the mouse rapidly and the animation goes faster accordingly. it would be cool if you would see the counselor wiggle around as violently as you shake the mouse too cause this way ud see the panic some people would have or the shock from jumpscares you would see visually on people

And for console? Rotating the stick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup exactly, or for ps4 they could even use the controller lightbar. they did in until dawn for the moments where u had to stay completely still and not move a muscle you had to keep the controller steady and a tiny movement would fuck you up, maybe do the opposite for a grab where u have to shake the controller around to wiggle out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is many things that could be taken it consideration with the break free meter. Composure and strength should determine how big the skill check is, luck and how much stamina you have at the time you got grabbed should determine how fast the meter goes around the circle. Fear would make any skill checks smaller and faster. Jason’s grip strength would also play a factor into this. Although this may make some counselors really great with always breaking free such as Jenny and Adam. Jenny’s high composure and Adam high composure and strength makes them super fast with breaking free already. You don’t want the counselors to continuously break free every single time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

yup exactly, or for ps4 they could even use the controller lightbar. they did in until dawn for the moments where u had to stay completely still and not move a muscle you had to keep the controller steady and a tiny movement would fuck you up, maybe do the opposite for a grab where u have to shake the controller around to wiggle out

What about Xbox and PC then? Lol

I could see that being the case of a lot of broken controllers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

yup exactly, or for ps4 they could even use the controller lightbar. they did in until dawn for the moments where u had to stay completely still and not move a muscle you had to keep the controller steady and a tiny movement would fuck you up, maybe do the opposite for a grab where u have to shake the controller around to wiggle out

That would be pretty cool actually. Well it could be an Option to choose how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Truth said:

What about Xbox and PC then? Lol

I could see that being the case of a lot of broken controllers...

pc has mouse to wiggle left and right violently like in depth when youre a shark and tear apart a diver whos in your mouth, its a fun feature that immersed me further into it and i feel like its way cooler than button mashing

and xbox i dont know as i dont own an xbox, if the controller has something like the ps4 lightbar then that and otherwise it could just be mashing both bumper stickers in circles as fast as you can lol

5 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

That would be pretty cool actually. Well it could be an Option to choose how.

ikr imagine how fun it would be to see counselors wiggling around violently in your grab or when you jumpscare someone from a well done stalk grab / shift grab and u hear em scream on mic and they dont wiggle around at all like theyre in shock cause they dropped their controller / headset and then they die hahahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jahzaveamanaie said:

pc has mouse to wiggle left and right violently like in depth when youre a shark and tear apart a diver whos in your mouth, its a fun feature that immersed me further into it and i feel like its way cooler than button mashing

and xbox i dont know as i dont own an xbox, if the controller has something like the ps4 lightbar then that and otherwise it could just be mashing both bumper stickers in circles as fast as you can lol

ikr imagine how fun it would be to see counselors wiggling around violently in your grab or when you jumpscare someone from a well done stalk grab / shift grab and u hear em scream on mic and they dont wiggle around at all like theyre in shock cause they dropped their controller / headset and then they die hahahahahaha

lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

pc has mouse to wiggle left and right violently like in depth when youre a shark and tear apart a diver whos in your mouth, its a fun feature that immersed me further into it and i feel like its way cooler than button mashing

and xbox i dont know as i dont own an xbox, if the controller has something like the ps4 lightbar then that and otherwise it could just be mashing both bumper stickers in circles as fast as you can lol

Nah, xbox doesn't have a gyro. This would work great on the Switch though! lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they could do like the injustice games(i think) where when jason grabs someone and if the counselor guesses which button jason picked it goes into a tug-of-war type break away but favoring counselor at start since he guessed right

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

they could do like the injustice games(i think) where when jason grabs someone and if the counselor guesses which button jason picked it goes into a tug-of-war type break away but favoring counselor at start since he guessed right

 

I think , you are talking about Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im pretty sure injustice does it as well. when the two players go for same move theres a little meter kinda like the break free on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

im pretty sure injustice does it as well. when the two players go for same move theres a little meter kinda like the break free on this

Well , the first Injustice not. In that , if you are getting grabbed , you can press the grab button to stop getting grabbed. This is also the case with MK 9. Don´t really think they changed that again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , the first Injustice not. In that , if you are getting grabbed , you can press the grab button to stop getting grabbed. This is also the case with MK 9. Don´t really think they changed that again.

im thinking it was called clash in the game but i could be mistaken. just remember when it happens ur action buttons show on screen and it says wager. been awhile since ive played could be thinking wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's too similar to DBD, aka the most cancerous perk: decisive strike

but it'd be cool if a qte could appear depending on your luck/composure; jenny would be the most op counselor when it comes to this.

listening to pour it up by RI RI ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

it's too similar to DBD, aka the most cancerous perk: decisive strike

but it'd be cool if a qte could appear depending on your luck/composure; jenny would be the most op counselor when it comes to this.

listening to pour it up by RI RI ❤️

Lol D-Strike my favorite perk lore wise ??

If this ever goes through, it will lessen the amount of Vanessa’s every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

im thinking it was called clash in the game but i could be mistaken. just remember when it happens ur action buttons show on screen and it says wager. been awhile since ive played could be thinking wrong

Ah , I gotcha now. It´s complicated to explain though. The winner of this , is the one who gives up the most of the power bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Ah , I gotcha now. It´s complicated to explain though. The winner of this , is the one who gives up the most of the power bar.

yes. but for f13 have it setup so if counselor wins it they break free and if jason wins its a kill. and make it so you can only use it once

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FilthyCasual523 said:

No. No more QOL for Counselors, they have enough. Jason needs more QOL now.

Edited

 

Oops I posted in the wrong thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2018 at 8:36 AM, The Gunslinger said:

Let's make that QTE balanced for both sides. QTE difficulty determined by Strength Health( Fear fills you with adrenaline so while on high fear you can break free faster) . This way, Jason will have to slash and throw knives on victims who can break free faster from Jason. Pocket Knife on high fear should be a button press because you will forget anything but to survive. This is my opinion and I hope this can decrease grab spammers.

 

What? Is that a thing people complain about? Holy crap! As Jason how are you supposed to win. "Don't slash too much and don't grab spam! Only throwing knives kills and only after the 8 minute mark so I don't die early and feel bad about myself because I suck at video games."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GrandMoff said:

Don't slash too much and don't grab spam! Only throwing knives kills and only after the 8 minute mark so I don't die early and feel bad about myself because I suck at video games."

But I love a good slash! 

latest?cb=20150822175336

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 8:13 PM, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

it's too similar to DBD, aka the most cancerous perk: decisive strike

but it'd be cool if a qte could appear depending on your luck/composure; jenny would be the most op counselor when it comes to this.

listening to pour it up by RI RI ❤️

Decisive is getting a WELL NEEDED nerf in the next patch by the way...a QTE that is easy for the first one or two grabs depending on the counselor you are playing and their stats (probably luck, composure, and strength...possibly the amount of stamina they have at the moment contributing as well) but if you keep getting grabbed the QTE gets faster and faster each time...let’s say you have three fast skills checks to pres and you have to get 2/3 in order to break free, they are pretty big during the first grab if you are playing high composure, luck, or strength counselors such as Jenny. If you get grabbed a second time they are smaller and the third time they are very small and after the third time it goes back to the button smash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  I have to agree with @Anonymous that there are quite a few macro users that can instantly break free of Jason's grab and perform resists as Jason instantly as well.

  A QTE would probably solve this... it gives a minimum amount of time before it can be finished and is extended by mistakes. There are a few good suggestions above on how to accomplish this.

  @sfosterjr If you are suggesting counselor and Jason both have a QTE during a grab, this will completely eliminate the use of environment kills from the game. If you get grabbed beside an environment kill, you die. If Jason is in a spot with enough room to preform the kill he wants, you die. Breaking free is now and always should be situational, Jason cannot have a minimum time to preform a kill that he should already be able to do... there are a great many areas on every map in which Jason must move around to find room to preform an execution... or get the counselor to an environment kill... these are your opportunities to break free. Should we walk over to the environment kill and wait to see if the counselor succeeds at their mini game? This also gives way too many opportunities for someone else to break them free.... as well as giving the counselors way too much time in the battles over the cars and fuse box. Also... pocket knives are still a thing.
   Trying to preform a QTE while carrying a counselor to an environment kill is ridiculous. Jason is carrying a counselor by the throat... off the ground. If you are strong enough to do this, it would not be that difficult for you.... Breaking free would be difficult... as is anything strenuous that you try to do when you cannot breath. Breathing is very important.... you will miss it when you cannot do it anymore.

@JennyMyers1984 I think you have the best idea here for how a QTE for counselors should be implemented... based off composure, strength, luck and stamina... with fear adjusting it all.
   How should a QTE be adjusted for Jason is another question. Should it be based on +, - or neutral variants of Destruction? Grip Strength? Defense? Stun Resistance? Or perhaps all of these have an affect on the QTE for Jason's resistances. This would give all Jason variants different minimum resist times.

   I am pretty sure I read somewhere above a suggestion that this QTE should override the pocket knife use (I don't have the time to go over the entire thread again to find it... sorry). I disagree... although I would love to keep my pocket knife to disarm a trap... this is a bit much. Jason grabs to eat these pocket knives to take away the ability of counselors to silently disarm his traps... this balances the use of pocket knives in saving you vs using it on a trap. When I started playing, I thought you had to press the button in the same manner as using a med spray for use of a pocket knife, I figured it out quickly enough and discovered why it makes sense for automatic use... In the panic of being grabbed, the counselor uses the pocket knife without thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×