Anonymous

Make breaking free and rise/shake off a QTE instead of button mashing.

There are too many people that use turbo controllers or marco keys to cheat getting out of grabs or rising/shaking off as Jason.

• Like 2

Interesting point. Might be easier to disable the auto fire feature or something. Maybe replace mashing with escape depending on stats like strength, luck, composure, stamina and fear. With Jason make him stay stunned longer/rise slower early on but decrease rate as he kills counselors and the match progresses. 

It should have been changed last year. Every other component is based on the mini game but then the one thing to prevent you from dying is button mashing. It’s foolish and inconsistent. To break free, there should be a very fast mini game with 3 very small windows, you mess up and yer toast. If you have a pocket knife it will only be triggered I’d you fail the mini game. I also think after rage the mini game is unavailable and the only way to break free is to escape with a pocket knife

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

. If you have a pocket knife it will only be triggered I’d you fail the mini game. 

The pocketnife needs to override the mini game. There is already a window when Jason can be hit, the pocketknife isn't used, and the counselor escapes. Adding more time to it is going to make it next to impossible to get kills off in large groups.

• Like 1

I'd be happier if it was just rng. Like a high strength and composure gives you a 50% chance to break free. Low strength/composure goes down to 5.

Edit: maybe fear is 15% of the total chance?

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

I'd be happier if it was just rng. Like a high strength and composure gives you a 50% chance to break free. Low strength/composure goes down to 5.

Edit: maybe fear is 15% of the total chance?

You mean to have a Chance to immediately escape?...Like a pocket knife?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You mean to have a Chance to immediately escape?...Like a pocket knife?

Yeah. Right now you're dead if he grabs you without a knife unless he's in a bad spot (hallway, uneven ground, etc.). I'd rather them get rid of the button mash to escape mechanic and just give us a chance based off of the counselor's stats. It's not perfect, but it's far better than what we have now.

Just now, Truth said:

Yeah. Right now you're dead if he grabs you without a knife unless he's in a bad spot (hallway, uneven ground, etc.). I'd rather them get rid of the button mash to escape mechanic and just give us a chance based off of the counselor's stats. It's not perfect, but it's far better than what we have now.

Shouldn´t we just spawn more Pocket knives on the map then? Just kidding.

9 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Shouldn´t we just spawn more Pocket knives on the map then? Just kidding.

Unfortunately, that's the suggested fix we see more often...

1 hour ago, Truth said:

No , thanks. We already have RNG in game and they SUCC like hell.

2 minutes ago, The Gunslinger said:

No , thanks. We already have RNG in game and they SUCC like hell.

How is it any worse than guaranteed death? At least you would have a chance of breaking free other than Jason being in a bad spot...

Edit: I do agree, I'm just saying it's better than what we have.

Just now, Truth said:

How is it any worse than guaranteed death? At least you would have a chance of breaking free other than Jason being in a bad spot...

How about a QTE?

1 minute ago, The Gunslinger said:

How about a QTE?

You may have missed my edit.

A qte would work, but that also gives other counselors more time to break you out. It wouldn't be fair to Jason.

11 minutes ago, Truth said:

Edit: I do agree, I'm just saying it's better than what we have.

I´d rather just die even as a counselor perspective , to be honest. He grabbed me , so I should be dead.

Just now, The Wolf with that Toast said:

He grabbed me , so I should be dead.

Then what's the point of the "break free" mechanic, or Jason's grip strength, or the Escape Artist perk?

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Then what's the point of the "break free" mechanic, or Jason's grip strength, or the Escape Artist perk?

If he f*cks up too badly?

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

I have the epic Escape Artist perk. There really is no point in the current state.. that would be my luck, the first legendary roll will be escape artist. Would just sell back...

6 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

If he f*cks up too badly?

See, this is one of those things they really need to do a complete overhaul on. There's no point in the break free mechanic if you can only break free when Jason is in a bad spot. It makes no sense. His grip strength (if you can even tell the difference) only really matter when going for environmental kills because you can carry the person an extra couple steps. @badassgixxer05 The escape artist perk is arguable the most useless perk in the game, but I have actually had it help me before. Again, that was because Jason was in a bad spot...

That's 3 in game mechanics that don't make any difference in the game.

By the way, this is a more "adult" forum. We can swear if we want.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

See, this is one of those things they really need to do a complete overhaul on. There's no point in the break free mechanic if you can only break free when Jason is in a bad spot. It makes no sense. His grip strength (if you can even tell the difference) only really matter when going for environmental kills because you can carry the person an extra couple steps. The escape artist perk is arguable the most useless perk in the game, but I have actually had it help me before. Again, that was because Jason was in a bad spot... That's 3 in game mechanics that don't make any difference in the game.

Okay , but People more than rarely escape me because I wanted that environmental so bad.

Thanks , I was afraid I got banned if I used it too often.....Well fuck yeah! Probably I get suddenly banned now.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

See, this is one of those things they really need to do a complete overhaul on. There's no point in the break free mechanic if you can only break free when Jason is in a bad spot. It makes no sense. His grip strength (if you can even tell the difference) only really matter when going for environmental kills because you can carry the person an extra couple steps. @badassgixxer05 The escape artist perk is arguable the most useless perk in the game, but I have actually had it help me before. Again, that was because Jason was in a bad spot...

That's 3 in game mechanics that don't make any difference in the game.

BAM there you have it

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Truth said:

You may have missed my edit.

A qte would work, but that also gives other counselors more time to break you out. It wouldn't be fair to Jason.

Let's make that QTE balanced for both sides. QTE difficulty determined by Strength Health( Fear fills you with adrenaline so while on high fear you can break free faster) . This way, Jason will have to slash and throw knives on victims who can break free faster from Jason. Pocket Knife on high fear should be a button press because you will forget anything but to survive. This is my opinion and I hope this can decrease grab spammers.

• Sad 1

@The Gunslinger

A qte could work if time slowed within Jason's proximity. A lot of games do that. Other than that, it would just allow other counselors more time to break them free.