What types of atmospheric improvements would you like to see happen?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What types of atmospheric improvements would you like to see happen?

• More music from the actual movies (i.e. specific chase themes for each Jason appropriate to their movie appearance)?
    • Chase music adjustments (i.e. chase music only plays when Jason is visible and the counselor's Fear is high)?
    • Ambiance and lighting changes (i.e. different weather types: howling wind, fog, snow, bright moon, no moon, etc.)?
    • Jason can hear his own chase music that the counselors hear?
  2. 2. What type of adjustments to actual game mechanics would you like to see happen?

• Rework the order in which Jason gets his abilities. Specifically, allow him to have Stalk BEFORE he gains SHIFT?
    • Rework Sense. Adjust how it works (detection mechanics/how counselors are displayed when sensed)
    • Rework Sense. Adjust it to remove the ability to spam it. (Make it require a full cool down after use)
    • Rework counselor marking on maps. (Counselors won't show on a map unless they have a radio on them)
    • Rework item marking on maps. (Require a perk, such as Preparedness, to gain the ability to see marked items)
    • Rework how Jason shows on counsleor maps. (Jason only shows on the map if he is "marked" by a flare gun)
    • Adjust Stalk so that moving does not burn up so much of the ability duration.
    • Remove the window break prompt and restore how they are broken to the way it was done at launch?
    • Make Tommy's radio smashable in addition to being able to cut the power to it. (It could still be repaired, but would add a potential extra step to calling in Jarvis)
    • Fix hit detection for counselors and Jason.
    • Make it so Combat Stance as a counselor will NOT lock onto other counselors.
    • Re-work the Perk system.
    • Fix counselor stats so that they all become relevant and useful.
    • Fix Jason stats so that they all become relevant and useful.
    • Add new items and item functionality to the game to give it more depth of strategy and longevity.
  3. 3. What quality of life improvements do you want to see?

• More languages (and better translations) for different areas?
    • More maps to add replayability?
    • Fix bugs and glitches?
    • Adjust the unlocks for levels 1-150?
    • More clothing and asthetic options?
    • A rank system for match-making?
    • More options to tailor Private Matches?
    • More live streams from the Devs?
    • More emotes?
    • More game modes for multiplayer?

Ok folks,

Lets hear what issues you find to be critical to improving the game. I'm allowing multiple votes per item. If I've left something off you really want to see happen, please add it into you comments and give details! ?

• Like 5

I voted for:

- Better Music Themes for Jason correspondant to the movie they're from

- Ambiance and Lighting

- Rework Sense to adjust how it works

- Rework Counselor Markings

- Adjust stalk so that moving doesn't burn up so much of the ability

- Remove the window break prompt. 

- Fix hit detection for Jason and Counselors *Crucial*

- Make it so that Combat stance will not lock on other counselors *Crucial*

- Rework the Perk System

- Fix Counselor & Jason stats to make them viable

- Add new items and item functionality

- More maps

- Fix Bugs and Glitches

- More clothing and aesthetic options

- A rank-system for match-making

- More emotes

- And more game modes

For the "What quality of life improvements do you want to see" section, you should add: 

• The four remaining killers in the Friday The 13th Franchise added to the game
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigJay said:

For the "What quality of life improvements do you want to see" section, you should add: 

At very least they should do Jason X in addition to Uber. I don't see why Ronnie would opt to leave him out when they have the rights to use him.

22 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Pamela, Jason X, Uber Jason, and who else? Freddy? They don't own rights to NMOES

Just now, Qcici said:

Pamela, Jason X, Uber Jason, and who else? Freddy? They don't own rights to NMOES

Dream Jason from V. With the worms hanging out of his eye.

Just now, F134Ever86 said:

Oooohhh. 

1 minute ago, Qcici said:

Pamela, Jason X, Uber Jason, and who else? Freddie? They don't own rights to NMOES

No not Freddy! Even though he was in the franchise, he doesn't count since he has his own franchise. 

The four I was talking about are:

• Pamela Voorhees
  • Pre-Uber Jason
  • FvJ Jason
  • Reboot Jason

I hope that someday the rights can be secured for the last two Jasons listed. It may take a long time, but hopefully eventually something can change.

What about the guy who ate Jasons heart in 9? It would be a cool game mode where Jason has to jump from body to body and the counselors have to figure out who Jason is. Jason gets more powerful w/ each kill.

6 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I remember Ben replying to a post about someone suggesting the Tommy hallucination Jason from Part 5. He said that Jason is too close to Part 4 Jason and would not really make sense to be an all new Jason. I wouldn't mind seeing that Jason as a skin for Part 4 though. 

I went with more ambiance, rework the perk system, bug/glitch fixes and missed the one about dedicated servers, but definitely want that one.

I try to include what I see people talking about on the forums. I certainly don't agree with everything polled, but I do the like idea of a lot of it. Its always nice to be able to visualize the spectrum of stuff we actually have been chatting about on here recently. The volume of things was actually more than I had first considered. I'm also sure in hindsight that I've probably forgot a few topics as well.

I’m going to be realistic, these are the things that I want, that could actually happen.

First is Bug fixes, rubberband bug, window prompt bug, pretty much all the game breaking ones, give Jason, Stun/Damage, Immunity, after Pocket Knife Stuns, recovering from a stun, while breaking down a door, grabbing throwing knifes, placing down traps, and I think that’s, about it when it comes to Immunity Frames. Combat, they could remove the lock on to Counselor’s Mechanic, which in my opinion, Jason, doesn't need it, improve Jason’s, weapon Hit-Detection, obviously, make Throwing Darts, much more deadly, buff his Hit-Points, block, and his mobility while in combat, just in general. 

That’s about it for Jason, Counselors, could be improved in many ways, such as reworking some Perks, combat, hit-detection, Fear, stealth, composure, and so, on. Also, my votes, were almost 90%, of the lists, on the Poll, lol. 

I've mentioned several times in the past what I would love to see changed, so I won't post them once again.

But I would love more ambience, like howling winds, yet that becomes a moot point since we can always hear Jason's music when he's nearby until he has Stalk active (which doesn't last very long once Jason starts moving). Jason needs to not make any music until a counselor has reached very high levels of fear; horror games are at their scariest when the music isn't a reliable way to tell if someone bad is about to happen.

Take for example the first Dead Space game. While the sequels were rehashed into being overwhelmed by superior enemies (which was boring as well as predictable), the first game was the kind where you'd stumble into a room, hear creepy music suddenly play, yet nothing bad would happen for several minutes. Then, after the music was done playing, an enemy would suddenly jump you while you were busy using the shop to get that new upgrade you were saving up for. The creepy music from earlier only made you think something bad was there, and even though the jump scare was just a regular mook enemy, it was still a devastating experience for those who first felt it.

I can't stress enough how music is essentially the soul of a horror game's atmosphere. It shouldn't warn counselors unless they're completely freaking out that Jason is nearby. And having random music play that doesn't denote if you've reached a certain time period as well as something important happening is a key staple of good horror games.

Edited by Trident77

2 hours ago, Lexandremon said:

Someone mail this to IllFonic ?
1150243550_Semttulo.thumb.jpg.62f3a60ea061b6f7876d22465b613fff.jpg

Someone, should. Emotes, are nothing but distractions, Autistic Players, get a kick out of it, when used to piss off Jason, and with the upcoming “Flip-Off” Emote, I’m not going to be surprised, that 99.9%, of players will be using it to troll Jason’s, even more, smh. 

More music from the actual movies (i.e. specific chase themes for each Jason appropriate to their movie appearance)?

• Chase music adjustments (i.e. chase music only plays when Jason is visible and the counselor's Fear is high)?
  • Jason can hear his own chase music that the counselors hear?
  • 2. What type of adjustments to actual game mechanics would you like to see happen?

•  
    •  
    •  
    • Rework counselor marking on maps. (Counselors won't show on a map unless they have a radio on them)
    • Rework item marking on maps. (Require a perk, such as Preparedness, to gain the ability to see marked items)
    • Rework how Jason shows on maps. (Jason only shows on the map if he is "marked" by a flare gun)
    • Adjust Stalk so that moving does not burn up so much of the ability duration.
    • Remove the window break prompt and restore how they are broken to the way it was done at launch?
    • Make Tommy's radio smashable in addition to being able to cut the power to it. (It could still be repaired, but would add a potential extra step to calling in Jarvis)
    • Fix hit detection for counselors and Jason.
    • Make it so Combat Stance as a counselor will NOT lock onto other counselors.
    • Re-work the Perk System.
    • Fix Jason stats so that they all become relevant and useful.
    •  
  • 3. What quality of life improvements do you want to see?

•  
    • More maps to add replayability?
    • Fix bugs and glitches?
    • Adjust the unlocks for levels 1-150?
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    • More game modes for multiplayer?

I underlined what I want the most.

For Re-working Perks , I just want to kick Medic as a perk.

I took in Bugs fixes , since most of you have Problems with them.

And adjusting the Level unlocks.... well only Weapon swapping. It should be Level 65-80 , or like Alkavian said , thenten Levels after the Jason unlock (I know , it´s a pretty high difference).

counsleor

Even you aren´t safe....

9 hours ago, Lexandremon said:

Someone mail this to IllFonic ?
1150243550_Semttulo.thumb.jpg.62f3a60ea061b6f7876d22465b613fff.jpg

GUN is the creative team in terms of ideas and game direction. Illfonic is mostly building and implementing things GUN is driving. Make sure those emails go to the right folks.?