Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BeautyNumber2

Window Glitches Getting Out of Hand

Recommended Posts

It’s time to bring attention to the fact that there are continuous issues with window interaction as counselors.

First of all, I’ve died now maybe 6 or 7 times this past month because I was trying to jump through a window, but my character just kept running at the window and wouldn’t interact. Before these interactions, there was nothing that occurred that would have glitched my character and made them unable to interact with everything or not swing their weapon, etc. (which we know is another match-ending glitch for counselors unless they get grabbed and have a pocket knifeThat’s issue #1.

Secondly, when trying to jump through a window, the counselor, with substantial stamina will NOT jump, they will only politely open the window and then will NOT jump in, they will only crawl in. The game not reading one quick interaction is understandable and might be user or a controller error, but the second one is testament to it being an issue with the game. Again, I’ve died unnecessarily too many times because of this that it warrents attention and explanation.

Third, in combination with the aforementioned glitches, if Jason grabs you as you are struggling with these, you may begin to float around permanently at whatever distance you were grabbed as you slowly ascend higher and higher away from the ground. Unless Jason can get throwing knives to kill you or you quit, the match will be unplayable for the counselor AND drag the match out.

Lastly, I just had two matches in a row (of a dozen in less than a month) where I’ve been chased by Jason, actually been able to jump through a window, landed on the other side... only to be in his grab back on the other side of the window. I received the camera angle showing me land and the sound effect but then suddenly I was being held up by Jason and promptly killed. This is very similar to the car glitch that shows two different game realities occurring at the same time  

Who else has been experiencing these window glitches at an exponential rate... somehow even tho the last update was months ago? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few times I was only able to jump through the windows even when i lower my fear. I didnt have other option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

It’s time to bring attention to the fact that there are continuous issues with window interaction as counselors.

First of all, I’ve died now maybe 6 or 7 times this past month because I was trying to jump through a window, but my character just kept running at the window and wouldn’t interact. Before these interactions, there was nothing that occurred that would have glitched my character and made them unable to interact with everything or not swing their weapon, etc. (which we know is another match-ending glitch for counselors unless they get grabbed and have a pocket knifeThat’s issue #1.

Secondly, when trying to jump through a window, the counselor, with substantial stamina will NOT jump, they will only politely open the window and then will NOT jump in, they will only crawl in. The game not reading one quick interaction is understandable and might be user or a controller error, but the second one is testament to it being an issue with the game. Again, I’ve died unnecessarily too many times because of this that it warrents attention and explanation.

Third, in combination with the aforementioned glitches, if Jason grabs you as you are struggling with these, you may begin to float around permanently at whatever distance you were grabbed as you slowly ascend higher and higher away from the ground. Unless Jason can get throwing knives to kill you or you quit, the match will be unplayable for the counselor AND drag the match out.

Lastly, I just had two matches in a row (of a dozen in less than a month) where I’ve been chased by Jason, actually been able to jump through a window, landed on the other side... only to be in his grab back on the other side of the window. I received the camera angle showing me land and the sound effect but then suddenly I was being held up by Jason and promptly killed. This is very similar to the car glitch that shows two different game realities occurring at the same time  

Who else has been experiencing these window glitches at an exponential rate... somehow even tho the last update was months ago? 

Well , as you probably know , I never experience them except two times where I walk through the window (and the wall , that Looks pretty weird) and jump back in....they were pretty infuriating...... But that only happened to me twice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , as you probably know , I never experience them except two times where I walk through the window (and the wall , that Looks pretty weird) and jump back in....they were pretty infuriating...... But that only happened to me twice.

It may have only happened to you twice but many players may have experienced it multiple times. Just like in the thread about the rubber banding car glitch you said you haven’t experienced it then tried to turn it around and say the counselors invisible frame rates while getting out of the car (which they do not). Just because you don’t experience it doesn’t mean other people haven’t MULTIPLE times. With this particular glitch you have to let Jason grab you or slash you because you cannot move or do anything and if you don’t have a knife than you are dead because more than likely the Jason player doesn’t care, he just wants to kill you. Just like if the Jason player cannot break windows or doors than he is useless to do anything other than grab. Counselors will take advantage of this and troll Jason. I’ll always hit Jason to break him from this glitch, because it’s awful and totally unfair. It’s a very unfair glitch that needs to be patched...it’s been a glitch since the BETA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose these glitches are why the window collision barrier(invisible bubble) was so huge before. They need to sort this out.

As for your counselor just continuing to run at the window, try letting go of run and make sure your counselor is stopped before climbing through.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also say that you should take note of your Stamina. Jumping through TAKES Stamina and climbing through RECOVERS Stamina. If you don't have the appropriate amount of Stamina to execute the jump-through action. It won't happen. In general, the windows tend to be a bit buggy at times. Some of it is related to packet loss, some is related to the coding.

Also, take note of your Stamina bar when you've fully depleted it. As it regenerates it remains subdued until a certain point, at which time it "brightens". While it is charging and subdued, some actions may be affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

It may have only happened to you twice but many players may have experienced it multiple times. Just like in the thread about the rubber banding car glitch you said you haven’t experienced it then tried to turn it around and say the counselors invisible frame rates while getting out of the car (which they do not). Just because you don’t experience it doesn’t mean other people haven’t MULTIPLE times. With this particular glitch you have to let Jason grab you or slash you because you cannot move or do anything and if you don’t have a knife than you are dead because more than likely the Jason player doesn’t care, he just wants to kill you. Just like if the Jason player cannot break windows or doors than he is useless to do anything other than grab. Counselors will take advantage of this and troll Jason. I’ll always hit Jason to break him from this glitch, because it’s awful and totally unfair. It’s a very unfair glitch that needs to be patched...it’s been a glitch since the BETA.

I know that it happens more often to others , I just wanted to tell my experience.

Of Course they don´t have Invisibility Frames when they´re going out the car.

There is difference between Invisibility and Invincibility. Just kidding , but you can´t grab them while they are going out the car , and there are many Jason Players , who have a Problem to time it. I still don´t get the Timing , well it doesn´t happen too often to be trained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I know that it happens more often to others , I just wanted to tell my experience.

Of Course they don´t have Invisibility Frames when they´re going out the car.

There is difference between Invisibility and Invincibility. Just kidding , but you can´t grab them while they are going out the car , and there are many Jason Players , who have a Problem to time it. I still don´t get the Timing , well it doesn´t happen too often to be trained.

Oh...I did say invisibility. Sorry about that. You can grab a counselor out of the car...especially due to the rubber banding glitch being a cheap grab. You can easily grab a counselor when they get out of a car, it’s all in the timing. You have to wait for them to completely close the door and then go for the grab, you can’t just spam grab and expect to grab them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

It’s time to bring attention to the fact that there are continuous issues with window interaction as counselors.

First of all, I’ve died now maybe 6 or 7 times this past month because I was trying to jump through a window, but my character just kept running at the window and wouldn’t interact. Before these interactions, there was nothing that occurred that would have glitched my character and made them unable to interact with everything or not swing their weapon, etc. (which we know is another match-ending glitch for counselors unless they get grabbed and have a pocket knifeThat’s issue #1.

Secondly, when trying to jump through a window, the counselor, with substantial stamina will NOT jump, they will only politely open the window and then will NOT jump in, they will only crawl in. The game not reading one quick interaction is understandable and might be user or a controller error, but the second one is testament to it being an issue with the game. Again, I’ve died unnecessarily too many times because of this that it warrents attention and explanation.

Third, in combination with the aforementioned glitches, if Jason grabs you as you are struggling with these, you may begin to float around permanently at whatever distance you were grabbed as you slowly ascend higher and higher away from the ground. Unless Jason can get throwing knives to kill you or you quit, the match will be unplayable for the counselor AND drag the match out.

Lastly, I just had two matches in a row (of a dozen in less than a month) where I’ve been chased by Jason, actually been able to jump through a window, landed on the other side... only to be in his grab back on the other side of the window. I received the camera angle showing me land and the sound effect but then suddenly I was being held up by Jason and promptly killed. This is very similar to the car glitch that shows two different game realities occurring at the same time  

Who else has been experiencing these window glitches at an exponential rate... somehow even tho the last update was months ago? 

If you only have died 6 times in a week you are playing against low level Jason’s , Jason loses his ability to swing a weapon when this happens, it happens to me sometimes twice a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Oh...I did say invisibility. Sorry about that. You can grab a counselor out of the car...especially due to the rubber banding glitch being a cheap grab. You can easily grab a counselor when they get out of a car, it’s all in the timing. You have to wait for them to completely close the door and then go for the grab, you can’t just spam grab and expect to grab them. 

Yeah , but they always run away.... I can´t really train it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the glitches but hate them at the same time. Seeing a Jenny jump through a window in your grasp is really weird, but unfair at the same time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

I love your thread titles. I think you have a future in news

Shush! I have to write emails and reports all day so they have to be to the point but melodramatic 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...