Havent been a nintendo fan for a long time. Wish they would just focus solely on games and bring their franchises to Sony. 

2 hours ago, jameson87 said:

Very well put, and lets also not forget, that nintendo shot themselves in the foot also with how reluctant they have always been over adult titles and such.

Did you fall asleep in 1994 and wake up today with that argument on your mind?

First off, all gamers need to get on their knees and suck Nintendo's D-pad. Does anyone care about or understand business? Does anything think anymore?

Their family friendly attitude towards the American market is what saved the life of American video gaming. Video games were dead. Parents did not like them and Nintendo was smart enough to do the exact right thing, that put the paddles to the chest of the American video game market, and it worked TREMENDOUSLY. They also knew (and still know) how to create the greatest, time defying, age defying, games ever. Just because you guys don't like them doesn't mean the shit isn't real!  

Anyway, when it comes to their censorship policies; they didn't give a shit. The Japanese versions of Nintendo games were filled with nudity and child abuse and a whole host of fucked up shit. Once they saw the bottom line suffering, they let the game's developers do whatever they wanted in America...and it's been like that ever since. Why do people continue to bring it up? Listen...I understand that Mario is as about as popular as our lord and savior Jesus H., so it's hard to disassociate him from Nintendo, but you can't let that make you think all Nintendo games are like that. That would be ignorant. 

The Switch is a modern marvel. The two greatest companies in all of gaming (Nintendo and Nvidia) collaborated on it so it has to be. It reflects in the countless reports from third-party developers, saying how easy it is to develop for it. Who said 3rd party companies were having trouble? Do you have a link?

5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

They need to get some solid third party games made for the hardware they are putting out they are going to be in trouble.

Sega no longer makes consoles because they launched the 32X, Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast in a very short time and didn't have a lot of games to support those consoles. Sega went bankrupt afterwards and only makes games now.  It's nice Nintendo's new console/handheld does so many intersting things but I have to want more to play on it then Zelda. And so far I'm not impressed.

Sega was a garbage, dumb company that made bad decisions. Their products sucked. They were always low quality, especially compared to Nintendo. 

As an adult, the only 2 things you need for gaming is a PC and a Switch. Consoles are old. It's only a matter of time till they're completely unnecessary.  Nintendo isn't stupid enough to simply develop a better equivalent of what's already been done. The Xbox and PS4 are stunted PCs. There's nothing special about them. They're redundant. 
Nintendo doesn't do that. They move forward. 

Also the Wii only sold 100 million units....what a dumb move that was, Nintendo. 

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Did you fall asleep in 1994 and wake up today with that argument on your mind?

First off, all gamers need to get on their knees and suck Nintendo's D-pad. Does anyone care about or understand business? Does anything think anymore?

Their family friendly attitude towards the American market is what saved the life of American video gaming. Video games were dead. Parents did not like them and Nintendo was smart enough to do the exact right thing, that put the paddles to the chest of the American video game market, and it worked TREMENDOUSLY. They also knew (and still know) how to create the greatest, time defying, age defying, games ever. Just because you guys don't like them doesn't mean the shit isn't real!  

Anyway, when it comes to their censorship policies; they didn't give a shit. The Japanese versions of Nintendo games were filled with nudity and child abuse and a whole host of fucked up shit. Once they saw the bottom line suffering, they let the game's developers do whatever they wanted in America...and it's been like that ever since. Why do people continue to bring it up? Listen...I understand that Mario is as about as popular as our lord and savior Jesus H., so it's hard to disassociate him from Nintendo, but you can't let that make you think all Nintendo games are like that. That would be ignorant. 

The Switch is a modern marvel. The two greatest companies in all of gaming (Nintendo and Nvidia) collaborated on it so it has to be. It reflects in the countless reports from third-party developers, saying how easy it is to develop for it. Who said 3rd party companies were having trouble? Do you have a link?

Sega was a garbage, dumb company that made bad decisions. Their products sucked. They were always low quality, especially compared to Nintendo. 

As an adult, the only 2 things you need for gaming is a PC and a Switch. Consoles are old. It's only a matter of time till they're completely unnecessary.  Nintendo isn't stupid enough to simply develop a better equivalent of what's already been done. The Xbox and PS4 are stunted PCs. There's nothing special about them. They're redundant. 
Nintendo doesn't do that. They move forward. 

Also the Wii only sold 100 million units....what a dumb move that was, Nintendo. 

I think it's great you still love Nintendo. But they aren't getting my money. Nostalgia only goes so far and I have zero use for a super expensive handheld gaming device. I might come back someday when Nintendo isn't trying to take my money by selling me flashy hardware with no substance to support it. 

It has plenty of third party support already. And it has nothing to do with nostalgia or love for Nintendo because the Switch is the first Nintendo console or handheld I've bought since the N64. 

The Switch is the perfect answer to mobile gaming. And $250 is not expensive for what it is. You just don't like to game on the go. Throughout the year I unfortunately have to be stuck in places like planes and airports for endless hours, due to having to travel for work. And when I'm on the Switch I don't even realize where I am half the time or how long it's taking. I love that thing!....for what it is, not for who made it. It's a nice bonus that it happened to be made by the greatest gaming company of all time.

But I think you guys don't like it because of who made it. You got some grudge against Nintendo. Why? Because the 1st Mortal Kombat didn't have blood? They put it in the second one!

6 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

It has plenty of third party support already. And it has nothing to do with nostalgia or love for Nintendo because the Switch is the first Nintendo console or handheld I've bought since the N64. 

The Switch is the perfect answer to mobile gaming. And $250 is not expensive for what it is. You just don't like to game on the go. Throughout the year I unfortunately have to be stuck in places like planes and airports for endless hours, due to having to travel for work. And when I'm on the Switch I don't even realize where I am half the time or how long it's taking. I love that thing!....for what it is, not for who made it. It's a nice bonus that it happened to be made by the greatest gaming company of all time.

But I think you guys don't like it because of who made it. You got some grudge against Nintendo. Why? Because the 1st Mortal Kombat didn't have blood? They put it in the second one!

No I like nintendo just fine for what it is. Own a famicom, nes, snes(original), N64,and the gamecube. After that I was done with them though. Again, I emphasized how they used to be. That hurt them in the 90's and people started jumping ship for the other sysytems that had more to offer in the ways of adult/mature titles. Fact is, it worked in the beginning for them, then came back to bite them in the ass as they held into that stupid policy for too long. They missed the mark on the fact of fear alone. Controversial things sell really well in the US no matter the backlash from parents and such and news organizations. Just look at how well trying to censor music (especially metal and rap) went for them. Kerry King from Slayer said it best in the court room against the dumb ass Al Gore and co. He straight up told them that sticking a parental advisory sticker on their album would only boost sales, and he was spot on. Tell a kid not to put their hand in the cookie jar and leave the room, chances are they will. They let fear of moral backlash stunt them for a little too long and that was a major downfall for them. As well as being too late to the party on disc driven consoles. Hell they teamed up with sony, then phillips to make a disc based attachment for the SNES and pulled the plug on it, then sony stole the idea and made the playstation. Been hard for nintendo to catch up ever since. Bad business decisions and too much censhorship did more harm than good for them. And now, none of their systems have been able to outperform and keep up. As for pc, most will take a hit in graphics and frame rates for convenience, and the fact the hardware is far cheaper than building a gaming rig. That alone has been the major downfall for pc gaming and why console still does as well as it does in this day in age. And will only continue to be this way until prices come down on the hardware. Which lets face it, won't happen anytime soon. Prices have only sky rocketed for great graphics cards etc. Either way, I will always go with console on this aspect alone, $250-300 for a console vs $700 and up for a decent gaming rig? I will take console any day of the week.

The Xbox and PS4 are stunted PCs

Get ready to hear some shit , like you have a superiority complex.

But there are some cool exclusives...I really liked Infamous. But you can´t go wrong with Nintendo and PC.

But I agree. If you can put some Money in , for a better gaming experience , PC is the best Option... if the Money isn´t worth it in someone opinion , they can go with a Playstation or maybe even a Xbox.

Consoles are a joke. They're just a habit at this point and the only other thing keeping them alive is that they're cheap, which they very much are. 

I understand its difficult to make a leap. It's easier to make that leap when you have a lot of money, but not when you have to save up. People don't like doing that. You can't buy weed and a GTX 1080 in the same month. But I'm sure most adults that play consoles would rather get high. 

And people just aren't savvy. I mean, it's a lot easier than it used to be, but people are scared shitless at the idea of having to snap a few components together and plug some cables in and, god forbid, having to use a screw driver. 

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Consoles are a joke. They're just a habit at this point and the only other thing keeping them alive is that they're cheap, which they very much are. 

I understand its difficult to make a leap. It's easier to make that leap when you have a lot of money, but not when you have to save up. People don't like doing that. You can't buy weed and a GTX 1080 in the same month. But I'm sure most adults that play consoles would rather get high. 

And people just aren't savvy. I mean, it's a lot easier than it used to be, but people are scared shitless at the idea of having to snap a few components together and plug some cables in and, god forbid, having to use a screw driver. 

I feel all of that, but I think consoles offer something else in terms of viability as well. In my opinion they're a bit harder to hack (as far as game modding); they are definitely more cost effective, which opens the game avenue to players from lower income brackets as well as who are more casual than competitive; and personally I definitely notice a few differences in the way that I react when playing a game on a  console versus a PC. This is probably just me, but I sit at a computer all day for work, so the cognitive dissonance of then turning around to play a game on a machine with similar inputs and presentation to one that I work at all day is a bit jarring. I think there is definitely something to be said about being able to have a user interface experience that says "I am expressly for entertainment" that really draws me as a player into the game more so than a PC could deliver. Just my thoughts though. I think there are still many viable reasons for preferring to play on PC as well.

6 minutes ago, ZenVirtue69 said:

I feel all of that, but I think consoles offer something else in terms of viability as well. In my opinion they're a bit harder to hack (as far as game modding); they are definitely more cost effective, which opens the game avenue to players from lower income brackets as well as who are more casual than competitive; and personally I definitely notice a few differences in the way that I react when playing a game on a  console versus a PC. This is probably just me, but I sit at a computer all day for work, so the cognitive dissonance of then turning around to play a game on a machine with similar inputs and presentation to one that I work at all day is a bit jarring. I think there is definitely something to be said about being able to have a user interface experience that says "I am expressly for entertainment" that really draws me as a player into the game more so than a PC could deliver. Just my thoughts though. I think there are still many viable reasons for preferring to play on PC as well.

Well , you can only be competitive online but there are also many People , who have a PC more for Single-Player , to not run into console limitations and all These neat Things , that make it more enjoyable. And modding can furthen gameplay even more.

Or some really big Point....NOT HAVING TO PAY , IF YOU WANT TO TRY SOMETHING ONLINE. But seriously , this is such a cashgrab from Sony and Microsoft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , you can only be competitive online but there are also many People , who have a PC more for Single-Player , to not run into console limitations and all These neat Things , that make it more enjoyable. And modding can furthen gameplay even more.

Or some really big Point....NOT HAVING TO PAY , IF YOU WANT TO TRY SOMETHING ONLINE. But seriously , this is such a cashgrab from Sony and Microsoft.

I hear you, but I totally get it. I mean the games industry in and of itself is a really hard avenue with such big companies and the fact that games are still predominately priced at 60 or below when in all actuality they should be more expensive than that by now. I suppose at the end of the day it's always about funds.

Regardless if you love Nintendo or hate them, the Switch is selling like gang busters and with that said what about those of us who’ve only been able to watch people play F13 on YouTube or Twitch because they don’t like Xbox or PlayStation or they can’t justify paying four or five or six hundred dollars plus on a new console or pc for just a handful of titles? I feel like those of you who already have the game on whatever favored platform have blinders on that keeps them from seeing that Nintendo’s current mindset has drastically changed since the 90’s and they are catering more and more to every gamer, not just kids. In Nintendo’s current climate I can totally see F13 with local and online cross platform multiplayer that you can take with you and play anywhere. It might be a pipe dream but F13 could totally exist beside Doom 2016, Minecraft, Bayonetta 1&2, Rocket League, South Park: TFBW, LA Noire and Skyrim on this plucky new platform that 2+ million people have purchased for a portable multiplayer experience. Speaking as someone who loves the F13 movie franchise and has never actually got to play the game, I would kill to have this game on all consoles so everyone can play and know how awesome F13 truly is! I would think that a new market with a mostly new user base would be just the thing for a game that’s sold and tested well in other markets but might be showing signs of slowing down as the general user base is what it is at this point. I would think a company would be all about preserving the longevity of a title and putting it in the hands of as many people as possible! I know with out a shadow of a doubt it would print money!

• Like 1