Any chance that we could ever see this amazing game on the switch? I’m sure I’m not the only one who would kill to be able to play this on the go.

I've been bringing this up since I joined the forum. It's probably too expensive for them to port it over. Our only hope is if Nintendo allows Steam or Nvidia to create an app that allows you to remotely stream your PC games to the Switch. I think it's called Moonlight or something. 

But F13 could be on the Switch. The Switch is already loaded with adult titles. 

Because of the history Nintendo has had with third party support I am very sure you will never see Friday the 13th The Game on Switch. Since the Wii came out Nintendo consoles have been notoriously difficult to program on by third parties. 

4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Because of the history Nintendo has had with third party support I am very sure you will never see Friday the 13th The Game on Switch. Since the Wii came out Nintendo consoles have been notoriously difficult to program on by third parties. 

They changed that for the Switch, supposedly. 

3 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

They changed that for the Switch, supposedly. 

Came to say that myself.

Well see but I'm not optimistic. The Switch is a gimmick. Just like the Wii was and the Wii U. I personally can't justify buying it just for Zelda and a promise that they will release something I want to play down the road. I did that with the Wii. Nintendo isn't getting my money these days.

It would probably pretty risky , they would if we had a higher Playerbase. They even get the Crash trilogy! That wondered me.This could theoretical lead  to a new Smash Brothers character.........we saw Snake so why not Crash?

And welcome to the Forum!

38 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

This could theoretical lead  to a new Smash Brothers character.........we saw Snake so why not Crash?

Lmao why do I always see you have like really small text every time you post.

It's kinda funny lol. 

3 minutes ago, Qcici said:

Lmao why do I always see you have like really small text every time you post.

It's kinda funny lol. 

If it´s kinda out of Topic , when I did something stupid or to say some Kind of wish , it´s small to indicate it´s not that important....I may just also be talking some  stupid shit right now.....or not.

8 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

If it´s kinda out of Topic , when I did something stupid or to say some Kind of wish , it´s small to indicate it´s not that important....I may just also be talking some  stupid shit right now.....or not.

Ohhhhh.

lmao.

13 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Well see but I'm not optimistic. The Switch is a gimmick. Just like the Wii was and the Wii U. I personally can't justify buying it just for Zelda and a promise that they will release something I want to play down the road. I did that with the Wii. Nintendo isn't getting my money these days.

Nintendo are the greatest developers in the history of the world. They are the greatest game company ever. They are brilliant. It's undeniable. 

The Switch is not a gimmick and it has way more than just Zelda, it has Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the greatest game ever created.

And now I'm reading that they're talking about adding PUBG and Fortnite. They're killing it. Fastest selling console in history. 

If Jason had crossplay like Fortnite then putting it on the Switch would be feasible but I don't think there would be enough of a playerbase to justify the cost. That's why I'm waiting for Moonlight or someone to make an app to stream Steam to the Switch. 

You know what they should do?....just make Offline Bots and SP Challenges for the Switch and make them download only and charge say....$14.99 each. How are things priced for the Switch? That would probably be the most cost effective. 
I remember Ben saying that programming for single player is a lot easier and less intensive, and I've seen how a Jason model would look if it was rendered for mobile and it was not bad at all. The Switch supports the Unreal Engine. I would certainly love to play some bots on the Switch. They would have to make the leveling system a lot less intense. I wouldn't wanna wait a year to get weapon swapping. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Nintendo are the greatest developers in the history of the world. They are the greatest game company ever. They are brilliant. It's undeniable. 

The Switch is not a gimmick and it has way more than just Zelda, it has Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the greatest game ever created.

And now I'm reading that they're talking about adding PUBG and Fortnite. They're killing it. Fastest selling console in history. 

If Jason had crossplay like Fortnite then putting it on the Switch would be feasible but I don't think there would be enough of a playerbase to justify the cost. That's why I'm waiting for Moonlight or someone to make an app to stream Steam to the Switch. 

You know what they should do?....just make Offline Bots and SP Challenges for the Switch and make them download only and charge say....$14.99 each. How are things priced for the Switch? That would probably be the most cost effective. 
I remember Ben saying that programming for single player is a lot easier and less intensive, and I've seen how a Jason model would look if it was rendered for mobile and it was not bad at all. The Switch supports the Unreal Engine. I would certainly love to play some bots on the Switch. They would have to make the leveling system a lot less intense. I wouldn't wanna wait a year to get weapon swapping. 

They definitely are the best.

But freakin´Fortnite? Man , is this game overrated.

20 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

The Switch is a gimmick

Yes, but it could also be a game changer if they expand the games. Zelda did a great job using all mechanics of the Switch. I agree though. It's not worth buying for 1 game. I did (like a dumb ass) and I've been letting my buddy borrow it for the last few months. Mario Kart was alright, but it's the same shit it always was...

More games like F13 being on the switch would kind of solidify it's place in the gaming world. It's a great concept, they just haven't done enough with it in the last year... Kind of like the game lol

18 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

The Switch is not a gimmick and it has way more than just Zelda.

Only if you want to play those other games. I could give two fucks about Fortnight or Playerunknowns Battlegrounds. Buying a Switch for shit I can play on my PS4 is a waste of money.

11 hours ago, Truth said:

It could also be a game changer if they expand the games. 

They said the same shit about the Wii. I'm not wasting my money on potential.

What you guys really have to realize is that I am a old Nintendo fan. When they ran the video game world they alienated third party support. They adopted rules that forced third parties interested in developing games on their hardware into developing a certain amount of games per year and so on. So when Sega came along many companies that were tired of Nintendo's bullshit jumped ship. They developed games for the Master System and then the Genesis/Mega Drive.

The Super Nintendo still had strong third party support but by the time the Nintendo 64 came out third party support started to fade. When the GameCube launches many third parties weren't interested in developing in games for Nintendo anymore. And Nintendo's IP's for the GameCube era underperformed considerably dispite being a solid group of games. The Playstation 2 and XBOX were beating Nintendo bloody with third party support. Then the Wii gets launched and sells like hot cakes. The gimmick of motion control takes the industry by storm. Sony and Microsoft scramble to keep up with the Playstation Move and Kinect. But after promising sales figures on the hardware the software never came.

There was little or no third party support and those companies that made attempts at making Wii games ran into a wall when it came to developing games for the Wiimote. When those companies asked to see the blueprints of the Wiimote to better understand how to program a game for it Nintendo refused. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was the only game I really enjoyed playing on the Wii besides the Wii Sports game that sold the system. By the time The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword came out I was done with the Wii. I finally saw it for what it was. It was a gimmick. And dispite owning every type of Nintendo up to this point I passed on the Wii U. And I wasn't alone. Even Nintendo itself saw the Wii U as a failure. But there was one market Nintendo was still the king of. The handheld market was still a place Nintendo was dominant in. They decided to make an attempt to blend the home market with the handheld market.         

The Nintendo Switch has sold well initially. But sales figures on hardware only mean so much. Nintendo may not be in danger of going out of business anytime soon. But if they need to start making a solid attempt to reach out to the companies that they alienated in the past. They need to get some solid third party games made for the hardware they are putting out they are going to be in trouble.

Sega no longer makes consoles because they launched the 32X, Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast in a very short time and didn't have a lot of games to support those consoles. Sega went bankrupt afterwards and only makes games now.  It's nice Nintendo's new console/handheld does so many intersting things but I have to want more to play on it then Zelda. And so far I'm not impressed.

Very well said @Alien_Number_Six

I remain optimistic, but also unimpressed. It has a lot of potential though. More than anything else they've produced lately. Their handhelds we're getting stale, and this was the perfect way to fix that. The fact that I can take it anywhere makes it the better system, but without the games it's nothing. I don't mean like to the park or some shit. I mean I can take this on a plane and not have to check a bag. I can throw it in my backpack with the  rest of my shit and not have to worry about it. I can play full games (not lite handheld versions) on a handheld OR on the TV. It really is the perfect concept, right?

But I can't say I'm impressed yet. What they choose to do with it remains to be seen. And like everything else out there, the Gen 2 model will be A LOT better in terms of hardware...

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

It's nice Nintendo's new console/handheld does so many intersting things but I have to want more to play on it then Zelda.

But you can play Doom, Skyrim, Crash bandicoot! On the go! 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

But you can play Doom, Skyrim, Crash bandicoot! On the go! 

On the go! Dosen't mean much to me because I have a 50 hour work week. I am either driving, working or playing games at home. That function holds nothing for me. I already own Doom and Skyrim on my PS4 and it runs those games better. People have to remember that Skyrim came out in 2011. Getting a seven year old game isn't very impressive.

1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

On the go! Dosen't mean much to me because I have a 50 hour work week. I am either driving, working or playing games at home. That function holds nothing for me. I already own Doom and Skyrim on my PS4 and it runs those games better. People have to remember that Skyrim came out in 2011. Getting a seven year old game isn't very impressive.

Um....

BIT4TTM.gif

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

Sorry I get passionate about game conversations.

It's alright, I should have added more gifs

gifgif.gif

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yeah my point still stands though.

People really want it, I just don't see why everyone wants to add games to it lol I would like just a system that just plays games great and I don't have to worry about replacing it. Sadly I can't find a system like that 

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

People really want it, I just don't see why everyone wants to add games to it lol I would like just a system that just plays games great and I don't have to worry about replacing it. Sadly I can't find a system like that 

I am moving on to PC soon. 

3 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I am moving on to PC soon. 

I'm hoping one day to move to PC. I just got a Capture card and a mic for my computer for right now.

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Only if you want to play those other games. I could give two fucks about Fortnight or Playerunknowns Battlegrounds. Buying a Switch for shit I can play on my PS4 is a waste of money.

They said the same shit about the Wii. I'm not wasting my money on potential.

What you guys really have to realize is that I am a old Nintendo fan. When they ran the video game world they alienated third party support. They adopted rules that forced third parties interested in developing games on their hardware into developing a certain amount of games per year and so on. So when Sega came along many companies that were tired of Nintendo's bullshit jumped ship. They developed games for the Master System and then the Genesis/Mega Drive.

The Super Nintendo still had strong third party support but by the time the Nintendo 64 came out third party support started to fade. When the GameCube launches many third parties weren't interested in developing in games for Nintendo anymore. And Nintendo's IP's for the GameCube era underperformed considerably dispite being a solid group of games. The Playstation 2 and XBOX were beating Nintendo bloody with third party support. Then the Wii gets launched and sells like hot cakes. The gimmick of motion control takes the industry by storm. Sony and Microsoft scramble to keep up with the Playstation Move and Kinect. But after promising sales figures on the hardware the software never came.

There was little or no third party support and those companies that made attempts at making Wii games ran into a wall when it came to developing games for the Wiimote. When those companies asked to see the blueprints of the Wiimote to better understand how to program a game for it Nintendo refused. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was the only game I really enjoyed playing on the Wii besides the Wii Sports game that sold the system. By the time The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword came out I was done with the Wii. I finally saw it for what it was. It was a gimmick. And dispite owning every type of Nintendo up to this point I passed on the Wii U. And I wasn't alone. Even Nintendo itself saw the Wii U as a failure. But there was one market Nintendo was still the king of. The handheld market was still a place Nintendo was dominant in. They decided to make an attempt to blend the home market with the handheld market.         

The Nintendo Switch has sold well initially. But sales figures on hardware only mean so much. Nintendo may not be in danger of going out of business anytime soon. But if they need to start making a solid attempts to reach out to the companies that they alienated in the past. They need to get some solid third party games made for the hardware they are putting out they are going to be in trouble.

Sega no longer makes consoles because they launched the 32X, Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast in a very short time and didn't have a lot of games to support those consoles. Sega went bankrupt afterwards and only makes games now.  It's nice Nintendo's new console/handheld does so many intersting things but I have to want more to play on it then Zelda. And so far I'm not impressed.

Very well put, and lets also not forget, that nintendo shot themselves in the foot also with how reluctant they have always been over adult titles and such. They moved away from that but too little too late when Sony and Microsoft always offered those kinds of titles with as little censorship as possible.

• Thanks 1