Sign in to follow this  
Armaniđź‘‘

Least Favorite Genre of Music?

Least Favorite Genre of Music?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Least Favorite Genre of Music?

Theres a HUGE difference if you include the era's music,most of these back then were great genres such as Pop of course:). Armani, I thought you said you were a fan of Michaels ,what's the gif for?

I picked EDM. I dislike a lot of tracks and artists in certain genres i.e. Rap, New Age, among others. But, when I look at the entirety of the genrs, I can usually find fine examples of songwriting, singing, and/or instrument playing, Being a long time musician, I can appreciate great artistry, even if I am not a huge fan of the sound itself.

With EDM, I find no redeeming factors. Maybe if I'd dropped acid, X, and shrooms at raves back in the day, I might have some nostalgia for the style. I don't actually hate it, I just have no use for it personally.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:40 AM, The Gloved One said:

Theres a HUGE difference if you include the era's music,most of these back then were great genres such as Pop of course:). Armani, I thought you said you were a fan of Michaels ,what's the gif for?

I am, I used a gif of him just because he's the King of Pop

Not to be shady lol

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 10:40 AM, The Gloved One said:

I agree on the Eras issue. Most genres are getting worse over time. Too much electronics and autotune these days. Lack of soul in the music. EDM is my least favorite. Drum machines have no soul.

I hate music that sounds like bass behind an alarm clock. Or wah wah wahs of dub step. The fans of the music typically make me hate the genre even more.

Like @Rexfellis said, i cant think of any great examples of song writing or muscianship in the genre. Sad part is I did a lot of what you suggested back in the day. A lot. Still think it sucks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Sad part is I did a lot of what you suggested back in the day. A lot. Still think it sucks.

I guess it serves it purpose for the people it is catering to. But, I find no artistry in it at all. I agree with you on all the soulless autotuned bullshit these days. Hell, you could play a Bieber song followed by a Britney or Miley Virus song, and I wouldn't be able to discern which androgynous, talentless hack was which. At least Christina Aguilera, had some real fucking pipes back in the day, when she turned all of the electronic crap off. I still don't like her songs, but I can appreciate what she did.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Drum machines have no soul.

Right on brother. Give me my old beat up 9-piece Tama set any day over those updated 80's Casio's any day. :lol: At least a wooden stick hitting a real skin is genuine.

• Like 1