Sign in to follow this  
WashingtonJones

Offline Bot Speedruns!!

(skip down to the big red letters if you don't wanna wade through my ramblings)

I'm surprised that I haven't seen this (unless I missed it)

Let me start off by saying that I still thoroughly enjoy the bots, warts and all. It's not a popular thing to admit to here, but I am very much satisfied by simply going through the motions as Jason. Playing Bots is my personal Jason time.
With online, no matter how good or bad it's going, it just simply feels different. I get more amped up, there's microphones going; there's a certain layer that gets removed in the process. The phrase "missing the forest for the the trees" comes to mind (no pun intended).

With that said, after a previous discussion on the forum about max XP for bot rounds, @malloymk (I think) said he'd rather kill 7/7 fast than wait 8 minutes for Rage to find Tommy for an 8/8. 

So I decided to see how fast I can kill 8/8 while also aiming for 1300XP. I played every Jason on every map, starting with J2 on Pinehurst, J3 on Jarvis House, etc. Long story short, it was way more fun than I expected. It added a layer of consequence that made it feel a little like an online round. You can say Multiplayer is to heroin as Offline Bot Speedruns is to methadone.

I had four 7/7 rounds and four 8/8s. For one reason or another I never got 1300XP. One round I forgot to break a power box; another one, they never stepped in a trap...my favorite was when Mitch and Adam merged into one. I could hit them but couldn't grab. When Adam tried to hit me, he'd hit Mitch instead. I had to hack Mitch to death to let Adam live....kinda like a Siamese twin surgeon. 

Fastest 7/7 round was Roy on Higgins Small at 6:01
Fastest 8/8 round was J6 on Packanack Small at 6:48 

Longest 7/7 round was J4 on Crystal Lake at 8:53
Longest 8/8 round was J3 on Jarvis House at 8:53

For the rest....
J2 on Pinehurst:             7/7 at 7:08
J7 on Crystal Small:      8/8 at 7:33 (that was the one where I missed the power)
J8 on Packanack:          7/7 at 7:03
J9 on Higgins Haven:    8/8 at 7:37 (that's the one where Mitch and Adam merged)

What's cool about this is that I can see the possibility of subtle ways to tweak the approach to speed things up. 

So.....

OFFLINE BOT
SPEEDRUN CHALLENGE 1 :
How fast can you kill while going for 1300XP?

The restrictions are:

• All kills must be worth 50xp (meaning hiding spot kills or environmentals only)
  • You have to break at least 1 power box
  • You have to attempt to catch at least 1 counselor in a trap

Getting 1300xp is the ultimate goal but not necessary for this. 

Getting Tommy in isn't necessary but giving the bots a chance to call is, so you have to be careful to not bust the wrong power box too early.

Included should also be the score breakdown and if that's too much of a pain in the ass, then just the overall score. I didn't think of writing mine cause I was concerned with 1300 only. 
Also a video would be nice. 

• Like 1

I got asked to kill all bots in 3 minutes or less. I did it in about 2:40 but I didn’t get the 1,300 XP you’ve got for this challenge. I’ve been waiting for the update before doing any more challenges but if I have nothing else to do, I’ll give this a try.

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I got asked to kill all bots in 3 minutes or less. I did it in about 2:40 but I didn’t get the 1,300 XP you’ve got for this challenge. I’ve been waiting for the update before doing any more challenges but if I have nothing else to do, I’ll give this a try.

Cool video. In fact, yesterday I was on your channel looking for a speed video. I watched a couple of your other videos and then my internet went out. Thx for posting.
It would be nice if they added a scoreboard for bots, showing time, xp earned, which Jason and map.

Give it a try though. It's really heightened the experience of bots for me. Having to go for 1300xp combined with the time is the thing that makes it fun.   

I just played another round of 8 and it only took me an 1 hour and 7 minutes. (1:30 with the smoke break and then the other smoke break)

Four 8/8s, three 7/7s and one 7/8, where one got shot in what I think was a drive by. 

My best 8/8 was J9 on Pinehurst at 6:51 for 1300xp 
Worst 8/8 was J8 on Jarvis House at 12:00 for 1300xp. Longest match of the night.

Best 7/7 was Roy on Packanack Small at 5:27 for 1100xp. Shortest match. I forgot the power and no traps got set off.
Worst 7/7 was J4 on Crystal Small at 8:34 for 1020xp. That one was a disaster. I actually kept getting stunned. They ganged up on me like real life. I forgot a bunch of shit. 

I'll post videos once I see if recording won't kill my GPU. I'm running at 4k right now and by just playing the game alone, I can't tell if my GPU is ok or if it's about to leap out of the computer. 

Not meeting score criteria, but I usually kill everyone before I get rage. Fastest being half rage meter.

13 minutes ago, Whammigobambam said:

I saw this and had to give it a shot using part 4 with spear.  I managed all environment kills got a power box and cleared it in 2:56 

Take a look see:

Impossible, but the spear with +Destruction should be your best bet. 

I haven't tried to do a speed round with the update yet.  I'm gonna try it later. 

EDIT: Oh shit. I thought you were trolling because your YouTube link is broken and kept bringing me back to this post.
I'm gonna watch now

EDIT: Just watched it.

WTF? Why were they just standing there? I'm seeing that a little on my end, but that was ridiculous.

And it goes to show you that they're not spawning with knives. Not one of them had one.

14 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

WTF? Why were they just standing there? I'm seeing that a little on my end, but that was ridiculous.

And it goes to show you that they're not spawning with knives. Not one of them had one.

I find that when u morph really quick out of shack the bots are still loading their thoughts lol. I hate pocket knives and counselors spawn with them on hard so this is easy mode. They don't usually all stand around but I haven't played new bots really until today..

9 minutes ago, Whammigobambam said:

I find that when u morph really quick out of shack the bots are still loading their thoughts lol. I hate pocket knives and counselors spawn with them on hard so this is easy mode. They don't usually all stand around but I haven't played new bots really until today..

Oh ok. I haven't played Easy or Medium yet. 

The only difference between bots on easy or hard before patch was counselors hide more on hard which made hard easier.. the main difference now is counselors don't spawn in with items or perks for that matter.

14 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Oh ok. I haven't played Easy or Medium yet. 

Medium and hard both seem to have knives. Easy is essentially the same as it was from the few matches I played.

So I tried a few runs last night and because the windows glitch so much (no interaction for a kill) it's almost impossible to go under 10mins and get max score.

I did do one with J2 with the spear for 7:30 but I accidentally slashed Tommy to death so I didn't get 2990