Sign in to follow this  

Let's talk about Jason and kids.

Is Jason ruthless enough to kill a kid? Let's take a look.

We know he kills handicaps. Mark on a wheelchair.

We know he kills cute dogs. Muffin.

We know he kills pregnant women. Debbie laying on a hammock.

We know or don't know if he raped Chris Higgins.

We know he grab little Tommy through the window. We don't know if he was just going to kidnap him or kill him.

In JGTH, the Duke said Jason will kill Jessica baby.

In the NES game he kills kids.

However in part 6, Jason just looks at little Nancy before being distracted by a noise and disappears. Had he killed every adult what would have he done to the kids?

So in your opinion, what side are you on? He kills kids or he doesn't? 

9 minutes ago, Loading said:

Is Jason ruthless enough to kill a kid? Let's take a look.

We know he kills handicaps. Mark on a wheelchair.

We know he kills cute dogs. Muffin.

We know he kills pregnant women. Debbie laying on a hammock.

We know or don't know if he raped Chris Higgins.

We know he grab little Tommy through the window. We don't know if he was just going to kidnap him or kill him.

In JGTH, the Duke said Jason will kill Jessica baby.

In the NES game he kills kids.

However in part 6, Jason just looks at little Nancy before being distracted by a noise and disappears. Had he killed every adult what would have he done to the kids?

So in your opinion, what side are you on? He kills kids or he doesn't? 

If you have to question this about Jason Voorhees then you clearly don't know who he is or why he kills in the first place.

1 hour ago, Flyin_J said:

If you have to question this about Jason Voorhees then you clearly don't know who he is or why he kills in the first place.

Because there are people out there that actually believes he rapes her and others don't. So thats why I left it as that.

26 minutes ago, Loading said:

Because there are people out there that actually believes he rapes her and others don't. So thats why I left it as that.

Why take those peoples' views into consideration when it clearly violates his character? At no point in any movie does Jason succumb to lustful behavior, so there's no reason to ever consider that to be something he'd do. While, yes, it was left ambiguous what happened when Chris blacked out, I can guarantee you with 99% certainty, that someone whose life goal is to kill anyone who trespasses into Crystal Lake, in an attempt to honor his mother's wishes, would even think of sexually assaulting someone intentionally.

4 minutes ago, Flyin_J said:

Why take those peoples' views into consideration when it clearly violates his character? At no point in any movie does Jason succumb to lustful behavior, so there's no reason to ever consider that to be something he'd do. While, yes, it was left ambiguous what happened when Chris blacked out, I can guarantee you with 99% certainty, that someone whose life goal is to kill anyone who trespasses into Crystal Lake, in an attempt to honor his mother's wishes, would even think of sexually assaulting someone intentionally.

The writer definitely toyed with the idea of rape and in the end probably thought it was best to leave it vague to the viewers. At the time, Jason really had one movie behind his belt and wasn't fully established as we know today.

I personally don't believe he raped her but many people out there still do. I like to think the human element of him at the time played a factor, so when Chris blacked out he left her alone.

In the end, it's unknown, and probably unlikely. Higgin's Haven is part of the Crystal Lake camp areas so I choose to stick with the known intentions that Jason has for people on his property.

Guys , we should just leave that one Option that may or may not  happened to Chris Higgins out , otherwise this thread gets locked. Let´s just he didn´t want to kill her because she wasn´t awake , because he wants to see her pain or something like that.

If he would kill kids.... It could be , that he is a Little bit picky on Kids. Maybe he wouldn´t kill those who are getting bullied , but every other one. He would definetely kill some Kids , well because some a-hole Kids let him drown in the first place. In the Reboot they even threw him in there.

So yeah , I think he would kill Kids.

Well this isn't exactly canon but in 2 comics, Leather face vs Jason and How I spent my summer vacation, are two friday the 13th comics that actual dive into the fact Jason would never attempt to kill someone who was also facial deformed (Leather face is like him so hes sympathetic, and the kid in the other one was also facial deformed) He did kill the bullies in how I spent my summer vacation, and they are kids in like there grade school years, It does make sense movie wise he would act this way as he probably never has met anyone else who was deformed like him. in the movies, I think its more of what he feels like at the situation, Jason didnt kill the kids in part 6, but he seemed like he was actually curious about it, and left after he was distracted. Jason definitely wanted to harm, or take Tommy, since he busted a window trying to get him. overall his behavior with kids is passive aggressive unless situation calls

Also Jason has never killed muffin, in the ending muffin comes out the door alive

As FlameRider said, in the comics Jason has blatantly showed mercy to people who remind him of himself. We also see somthing like this in part 4 when Tommy distracts him.

Also in the reboot Jason only kidnapped a woman because she looked liked his mother. And we have seen Freddy and Ginny use his mother's appearance against him before (Freddy three times in a row if you count the comics...)

So I think anyone who doesn't remind him of himself or his mother is fair game. I don't think Jason would have a problem killing kids. After all kids where the ones that bullied him, which led to his drowning.

As for the dog thing. I believe he would kill anything for food when he was human. But once he was undead animals would just stop being of any consequence to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasonVsWindows said:

As FlameRider said, in the comics Jason has blatantly showed mercy to people who remind him of himself. We also see somthing like this in part 4 when Tommy distracts him.

Also in in reboot Jason only kidnapped a woman because she looked liked his mother. And we have seen Freddy and Ginny use his mother's appearance against him before (Freddy three times in a row if you count the comics...)

So I think anyone who doesn't remind him of himself or his mother is fair game. I don't think Jason would have a problem killing kids. After all kids where the ones that bullied him, which led to his drowning.

As for the dog thing. I believe he would kill anything for food when he was human. But once he was undead animals would just stopped being of any consequence to him.

Well , Kane Hodder even says , it wouldn´t fit Jasons character to kill Dogs. I think the onliest time , where we know he really killed a dog was in Jason Vs. Leatherface.

10 hours ago, FlameRiderSD said:

Also Jason has never killed muffin, in the ending muffin comes out the door alive

How many shih tzu's do you think were running around Packanack?  They show the corpse. 

As far as kids, I think film canon Jason is a bit iffy. I do think he would have killed Tommy, but I think that he would have left the kids at Forest Green alone. 

Jason will kill all who enter his domain. If he sees something that reminds him of his childhood or mother, he might hesitate.

10 hours ago, FlameRiderSD said:

This scene is disputed by a lot of people. Many argue that it's a dream sequence, and that it was all inside Ginny's head. While it's not truly confirmed, it would explain why Paul was not scripted to be present in the final moments, why Muffin is never seen afterwards, and why Jason's appearance changed so much in Part 3. Again, not confirmed.

• Like 1

I go with no but it depends on who's writing him. I remember in the Wildstorm comic "How I Spent my Summer Vacation", he does kill a bunch of children who pick on a kid with a facial deformity. He did try to in Jason Lives, but was stopped.

@Loading
    Personally, I would not trust the psychotic zombie slasher around kids...

Killing Mark in the wheelchair from behind was kind of cheap... but he would have raised the alarm if not dealt with.

The animal corpse in the woods was just that, an animal corpse... muffin was alive at the end. The news cast at the beginning of part three states that there were eight victims (Crazy Ralph, the Sheriff, Scott, Terri, Mark, Jeff, Sandra and Vickie)... Paul would have made nine, and his body would have been easy to find... They knew where the shack was or they could not have come up with the eight victims (probably where Paul was at the end of part 2.. showing the cops its location), also the rotting corpse of Alice beside his mother's shrine may have been a victim of his, but not from this particular massacre... which had eight victims. Jason may have even killed others before the Packanack massacre (other than Alice of course), whose bodies could have been in the shack as well (or nearby), but not shown on camera.... "People go missin' 'round here all the time"

Jason could not have know Debbie was pregnant.

Whatever happened between Jason and Chris from the flashback was left vague... but rape does not fit into his character, at least from what we saw onscreen.

When he grabbed Tommy, he paused. Why would he not just pull Tommy out the window? He just hesitated there and took quite a few hit from a hammer to the head from Trish... Who knows what was going through his mind at the time, I am not sure the writers knew either. Probably something like... "Owe... quit it!....Owe... quit it!... Owe... quit it!"

Duke knew a lot about Jason... so maybe he was right. But there are many who do not consider this movie cannon anyway... I still enjoyed it though.

I never played the N.E.S. version... but like I said above... I would not trust the psychotic zombie slasher around kids.

Jason's hesitation in part 6 with the kids fits into how movies were made at the time (and in years previous). It is extremely difficult to name a movie made before that (or even after, but I am sure there are some) which showed an onscreen murder of a child... something many people (even today) would consider taking things too far for a horror movie. Offscreen child death is another matter though...
   The only thing close to an onscreen child death I can think of (from around that time) is the kid from Pet Cemetery getting hit by the truck. I have not seen that one in a while, but I heard they are remaking it.

Psycho's are generally dangerous to anyone... never trust a psychopath around any kids... or anyone else for that matter.

On 5/20/2018 at 1:35 PM, Ahab said:

Jason may have even killed others before the Packanack massacre (other than Alice of course), whose bodies could have been in the shack as well (or nearby)

I believe the bodies are of Teri and the sheriff at the altar, IIRC

22 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I believe the bodies are of Teri and the sheriff at the altar, IIRC

Terri and the sheriff are there, along with the rotted corpse of... Alice? Hard to recognize who it is in that state and they never mention who it was in the movies... and it is a pretty tiny room, but who knows what was not shown on screen. With the one angle we are shown of the altar in which you can see their bodies, it is entirely possible that there could have been another body behind the altar... but I doubt it. Still, you never know... the tiny budgets for these movies would only allow for so much and there are a few things left vague. 
   Further backstories are never explained... in the movies at least (I have never read any of the comics or novels... unfortunately)... so we are just left with speculations for anything that they did not elaborate on.