Thatguyinktown

Giving Emotes A Measurable Purpose In Game

What I would like to see is Emotes having a purpose more than just fun, or to irritate the Jason player. My proposal is that using emotes lowers fear, but consumes stamina.

As of right now, Emotes are a cosmetic addition that is only as consequential to gameplay as it relates to the individual player and receiver. I want to make it have a tangible effect on gameplay. And if you think about it, it does make a bit of sense. Physical activity releases endorphins which theoretically would reduce fear, and it takes energy to dance, hence the stamina reduction. In terms of gameplay, it would be up to the player to chose which is more important in that moment: reducing fear, gaining back minimap, and stumble chance in exchange for a portion of stamina.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

What I would like to see is Emotes having a purpose more than just fun, or to irritate the Jason player. My proposal is that using emotes lowers fear, but consumes stamina.

As of right now, Emotes are a cosmetic addition that is only as consequential to gameplay as it relates to the individual player and receiver. I want to make it have a tangible effect on gameplay. And if you think about it, it does make a bit of sense. Physical activity releases endorphins which theoretically would reduce fear, and it takes energy to dance, hence the stamina reduction. In terms of gameplay, it would be up to the player to chose which is more important in that moment: reducing fear, gaining back minimap, and stumble chance in exchange for a portion of stamina.

YES!!!! 1,000 times yes!

2 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

God has joined the server.

Just now, jameson87 said:

YES!!!! 1,000 times yes!

Careful, when you agree with one of my ideas, a mod tends to shut it down.

Just now, Thatguyinktown said:

Careful, when you agree with one of my ideas, a mod tends to shut it down.

Used to being in the cross hairs. It happens, has never made me back down on my opinions lol. Well hell, I think you have seen that one a time or two. Even when attacked by the emote mobs and mods at the same time, here I am with that shit eating grin.

Great idea.

Emotes should definitely eat up some stamina or have some other consequence. Some have suggested also being locked into the animation to completion, so it's far riskier to do near Jason. But I'd personally like to see less and less canned stuff in the game. So some other form of penalty would be preferable here.

Maybe even more stamina loss if you cut your emote short.

• Sad 1

Just now, AldermachXI said:

Great idea.

Emotes should definitely eat up some stamina or have some other consequence. Some have suggested also being locked into the animation to completion, so it's far riskier to do near Jason. But I'd personally like to see less and less canned stuff in the game. So some other form of penalty would be preferable here.

Maybe even more stamina loss if you cut your emote short.

It doesn't make sense to eat up more stamina if you stop it earlier lol. @Thatguyinktown used logic in a sense of giving a stamina penalty with dance emotes, what logic comes into play with abruptly ending the emote earlier and consuming more stamina? Unless I'm a dumbass lol. 

Just now, Thatguyinktown said:

@AldermachXI I think there are some emotes that do lock you into completion. I grabbed a cocky Jenny in mid-vomit emote.

Yeah lol, it doesn't happen too often though but it's funny when it happens lol. 

4 minutes ago, Qcici said:

It doesn't make sense to eat up more stamina if you stop it earlier lol. @Thatguyinktown used logic in a sense of giving a stamina penalty with dance emotes, what logic comes into play with abruptly ending the emote earlier and consuming more stamina? Unless I'm a dumbass lol. 

No, you're not. There's admittedly not much logic to it at all. It's just an additional penalty that can be placed on it if you can't fully commit to the emote. Translation: it could curb some trolling. Because some people cut it very close with Jason, and they wouldn't if there was this kind of penalty.

But the initial stamina being eaten up should be good enough, especially if they make it costly enough.

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

No, you're not. There's admittedly not much logic to it at all. It's just an additional penalty that can be placed on it if you can't fully commit to the emote. Translation: it could curb some trolling. Because some people cut it very close with Jason, and they wouldn't if there was this kind of penalty.

But the initial stamina being eaten up should be good enough, especially if they make it costly enough.

Oh, ok. I guess it's ok. 

42 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, there have been a few of us vocal about something like this, I think @HuDawg had a couple of good points on something like this in one of those dumpster fire emote threads before we were attacked constantly and called hypocrites lol.

12 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Wtf why are people salty about emotes, I understand you guys are salty because someone danced when you were stunned it happens to all of us and I also dance when Jason is grabbing someone before I save them but they don’t say anything so you guys should just agree that your salty.  BTW not trying to be mean but I’m going honest 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Wtf why are people salty about emotes, I understand you guys are salty because someone danced when you were stunned it happens to all of us and I also dance when Jason is grabbing someone before I save them but they don’t say anything so you guys should just agree that your salty.  BTW not trying to be mean but I’m going honest 

Pretty much the whole forum in a nutshell salty and saying they hate counselors so your statement is accurate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

You don't have to be Salty to understand that people who spam the shit out of dance are simply the most annoying people to play with period.   Even when im not Jason, these players need to be put in their place.   This isn't Fortnite.    

Its not the players fault that people can't control themselves and spam Dance around Jason all the time.. even if it gets them killed.  Even you.. why are you dancing when Jason grabs people?.   (This is why this shit needs to change)   Because you kinds of people can't control yourself and need to be controlled.   

Something needs to be done to the DANCING emotes specifically.  That shit needs to stop and the instant dance cancel needs to be altered just enough that people will NOT use it near Jason to mock/troll him.

And it has nothing to do with being Salty.  But everything to do with making the game look and feel better.  Dance Emotes need to be pest controlled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BEGONE_EMOTES.jpg

I like it, good balance. I would like them to give different stamina penalties and fear reduction bonuses, it would make sense for some emotes to make you less fearful but not all of them, same goes for stamina.

Maybe a better idea would be to disable emotes in quick play matches and save them for private matches and that machinima mode they talked about doing a while back.

I think this is a good idea, would make the trolls work more for those dances lol 

1 hour ago, Horror fan said:

Pretty much the whole forum in a nutshell salty and saying they hate counselors so your statement is accurate 

I don't see anyone hating on counselors.     

You're obviously someone who got banned.   You just joined and already have a chip on your shoulder

This is a good idea, dancing should've depleted stamina in the first place. Don't know why they added dance Emotes without stamina costs to them.

I also like that it decreases fear, this would make dancing some what useful.

The Question is @Thatguyinktown. How much would it decrease fear and deplete stamina?

13 minutes ago, FilthyCasual523 said:

We should be working to eliminate the trolls though.

This would discourage trolls dancing near Jason because now. Dancing would deplete stamina, and if you've been dancing near Jason. your chances of out running him would slim.

2 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

This is a good idea, dancing should've depleted stamina in the first place. Don't know why they added dance Emotes without stamina costs to them.

I also like that it decreases fear, this would make dancing some what useful.

The Question is @Thatguyinktown. How much would it decrease fear and deplete stamina?

This would discourage players dancing near Jason because now. Dancing would depletestamina, and if you've been dancing near Jason. your chances of out running him would slim.

Discourage, yes. Stop, no.

The trolls don't care if they end up being killed, as long as they succeeded in making the game look goofier than it should.

Again, I think emotes should be removed from quick play and reserved for private matches.

1 minute ago, FilthyCasual523 said:

Discourage, yes. Stop, no.

The trolls don't care if they end up being killed, as long as they succeeded in making the game look goofier than it should.

You're sadly right.

There's always going to be trolls, doesn't matter what the devs do to try and stop it. Their always going to find a way to keep trolling.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

You're sadly right.

There's always going to be trolls, doesn't matter what the devs do to try and stop it. Their always going to find a way to keep trolling.

There is a way to stop it: disable their trolling tools.