Thatguyinktown

Giving Emotes A Measurable Purpose In Game

4 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

The Question is @Thatguyinktown. How much would it decrease fear and deplete stamina?

I imagine maybe slightly more than the flashlight does, maybe 25-50% faster fear decrease than flashlight?

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I don't see anyone hating on counselors.     

You're obviously someone who got banned.   You just joined and already have a chip on your shoulder

dude i didnt mean this post i meant that just because the councelors got something people think jason got nerfed or that the emotes need to nerfed theyre emotes for crying out loud they dont effect gameplay jason can still kill if your butthurt about someone knocking you down and dancing so what? they did something that gives them less time to run away and makes it easier for you to catch them? "oh nooo" so sad if you cant handle ab bit of trolling then idrk what to say other then sstop whinning and suck it up its a emote and i wasnt banned i just made an account to reply and give my two cents on certain topics like this one

1 hour ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I imagine maybe slightly more than the flashlight does, maybe 25-50% faster fear decrease than flashlight?

So...Lets just say the flaslight decreases fear by... 32%?

Maybe dancing can decrease it by 49%?

I'm just pulling out random percentages here..

1 minute ago, Freddie Mercury said:

So...Lets just say the flaslight decreases fear by... 32%?

Maybe dancing can decrease it by 49%?

I'm just pulling out random percentages here..

Sure, it should be a small bump, but not so much that people can claim it's OP. It also shouldn't be too much because players still have to purchase the emote packs and I don't want it to be considered a "pay to win" mechanic.

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Sure, it should be a small bump, but not so much that people can claim it's OP. It also shouldn't be too much because players still have to purchase the emote packs and I don't want it to be considered a "pay to win" mechanic.

Well... It wouldn't really be "pay to win", every players going to be getting Violets dance for free with the next update anyways.

So, if your idea was put in the game, everybody would be able too use it. Because they'd have Violets dance right off the bat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Well... It wouldn't really be "pay to win", every players going to be getting Violets dance for free with the next update anyways.

So, if your idea was put in the game, everybody would be able too use it. Because they'd have Violets dance right off the bat.

Good point.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2018 at 4:03 PM, Thatguyinktown said:

What I would like to see is Emotes having a purpose more than just fun, or to irritate the Jason player. My proposal is that using emotes lowers fear, but consumes stamina.

As of right now, Emotes are a cosmetic addition that is only as consequential to gameplay as it relates to the individual player and receiver. I want to make it have a tangible effect on gameplay. And if you think about it, it does make a bit of sense. Physical activity releases endorphins which theoretically would reduce fear, and it takes energy to dance, hence the stamina reduction. In terms of gameplay, it would be up to the player to chose which is more important in that moment: reducing fear, gaining back minimap, and stumble chance in exchange for a portion of stamina.

I could see how that might work. Give Jason the "middle finger" emote (gain a Fear reduction bump). Use a dance emote, burn Stamina. It certainly could work to add in-game effect to what would otherwise be cosmetic. It would require a whole hell of a lot of balancing.

17 hours ago, Horror fan said:

theyre emotes for crying out loud they dont effect gameplay 

If it looks stupid its effecting players game play.  Thats how I see it.

5 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , it wouldn´t stop teabagging. Dancing looks atleast not that disrespectful.

Tea bagging does look stupid too but its got nothing to do with disrespect.   Crouch has a purpose...so if you only see it as crouching it doesn't matter.

Dancing however,  has no purpose and  does make the game look silly when used around Jason constantly.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Tea bagging does look stupid too but its got nothing to do with disrespect.   Crouch has a purpose...so if you only see it as crouching it doesn't matter.

Dancing however,  has no purpose and  does make the game look silly when used around Jason constantly.

It feels to me , like they try to dominate or some sh*t like that. Yeah , but I don´t really get what they were thinking with the emotes (especially now with single Player challenges , but I am not to judge). But for Teabagging there were also Ideas like smashing them to the ground or grabbing the leg.

• Sad 1

I like the simplest idea to implement of stamina being drained while an emote is active.

Waving hello, it's just a second's worth gone. Dancing the night away on Jason's head, you're going to be down half a bar or more when he gets back up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/13/2018 at 10:50 PM, HuDawg said:

You don't have to be Salty to understand that people who spam the shit out of dance are simply the most annoying people to play with period.   Even when im not Jason, these players need to be put in their place.   This isn't Fortnite.    

Its not the players fault that people can't control themselves and spam Dance around Jason all the time.. even if it gets them killed.  Even you.. why are you dancing when Jason grabs people?.   (This is why this shit needs to change)   Because you kinds of people can't control yourself and need to be controlled.   

Something needs to be done to the DANCING emotes specifically.  That shit needs to stop and the instant dance cancel needs to be altered just enough that people will NOT use it near Jason to mock/troll him.

And it has nothing to do with being Salty.  But everything to do with making the game look and feel better.  Dance Emotes need to be pest controlled.

1 I dance because that Jason just picked them up and I’m about to save them

2 the whole thing you just said Is being salty 

On 5/14/2018 at 10:12 AM, DamonD7 said:

I like the simplest idea to implement of stamina being drained while an emote is active.

Waving hello, it's just a second's worth gone. Dancing the night away on Jason's head, you're going to be down half a bar or more when he gets back up.

I like this too. Easy and makes perfect sense.

maybe they should do the emotes like the perks. each emote has a positive effect and a negative. like +35% fear reduction -20% chance item drop?? cuz with some of those dances some people could drop a "riot stick" they were holding onto to further annoy jason. just an idea

This is a good idea.

Communications emotes like "stop", "come here" etc shouldn't really burn much, if any as they are short, simple actions. And I do understand that they are primary communication methods for those who don't have, or for whatever reason choose not to use a mic. So I'd be in favor of no real penalty for using those emotes.

The dancing ones however should burn stamina for sure. The energy it takes to dance is equivalent to running, especially the really crazy involved dances. I'd say the "rocking back and forth" dance types would burn stamina at the equivalent of a jog, but slightly more. The involved dances would burn stamina at the rate of a full run, but again slightly more. 

Another idea here would be to give a delay between exiting a dance emote and swinging a weapon. Or at the very least the accuracy of such swing should take a penalty. I mean, you sure as hell aren't Babe Ruth-ing anything coming out of twirl number 7-mid dance.

• Haha 1