Laphin

Illfonic needs to focus on Jason

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

Are you his manager?

It's hard to trust a streamer's authenticity. They have to market themselves and advertise and this feels like an ad to me. It's disingenuous. 

What are you saying?

No, I'm not his manager. Just someone who happens to agree with what he's saying. I don't know if he's advertising or not but he's certainly not saying anything I haven't thought of myself.

Delirious is the PewDiePie of streamers. If the game's being catered to folks like him then it's going to go down the drain at some point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Also how he is clearly behind Charles when chasing him, then magically is waiting on the 2nd floor to throw him through a window. And the ladder scene. Jason clearly shifts or morphs in a couple of instances.

You still waiting on an explanation too, huh? ?

8 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

You still waiting on an explanation too, huh? ?

I have been having this discussion with certain folks for close to a year. They can never give any answer to it and deflect or go straight to "your wrong, I am right", even though all one has to do is pop in a dvd or search for the kills in the movies. Lazy, ignorant people really grind my gears.

6 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I have been having this discussion with certain folks for close to a year. They can never give any answer to it and deflect or go straight to "your wrong, I am right", even though all one has to do is pop in a dvd or search for the kills in the movies. Lazy, ignorant people really grind my gears.

Shit........my gears broke a long time ago.

6 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

If this is true, please explain how Jason moves around the dance floor so quickly, without being seen, in Jason takes Manhattan. It seems to me that he shifts from one location to another, not being seen by Eva, because she is frantically looking all over the place for him. She sees him over here, then he's gone. She sees him across the room and turns around to find that he's right behind her. 

Sounds very similar to "shift" but I guess could be "morph" as well.

Of all the points that I made in that post, this is the best you guys can come up with? A couple scenes in Part 8 (one of the shittiest movies in the franchise) that prove Jason can shift and morph. The cutting is so bad in that film because Rob Hedden was directing his first feature film and he didn't have the foggiest clue what he was doing. If anyone here says that the dance floor scene in Part 8 is the way that they remember Jason I have to call bullshit. This is all besides the point. 

Answer the most important questions for me instead. They sold 2 million copies of the game, so why do we only have a couple thousand people playing it online? What can the developers do to grow the player base and win back the players that they lost? I'll tell you what's not going to fix it, Victoria, Reggie, and Muffin. Not on their best day.

Just now, gyaaft said:

Of all the points that I made in that thread, this is the best you guys can come up with? A couple scenes in Part 8 (one of the shittiest movies in the franchise) that prove that Jason can shift and morph. The cutting is so bad in that film because Rob Hedden was directing his first feature film and didn't have the foggiest clue what he was doing. If anyone here says that the dance floor scene in Part 8 is the way that they remember Jason I have to call bullshit. This is all besides the point. 

Answer the most important questions for me instead. They sold 2 million copies of the game, so why do we only have a couple thousand people playing it online? What can the developers do to grow the player base and win back the players that they lost? I'll tell you what's not going to fix it, Victoria, Reggie and Muffin. Not on their best day.

Goddamn. Y'all want proof he does these things in the movie or y'all want a fucking bottle and rattle?? Ya gots to quit being such babies when you're proved wrong.

It don't matter how awful the movie is, it backs up the argument that he does Shift/Morph in the movies. Period.

Answer to the most important question in 3.....2.....1.....

Because trash bitches abuse the concept of the game. They team with Jason, they rat out other players trying to bargin with Jason, there are the Quitters who ruin everyone's good time, there's WAY TOO MANY children playing, the Dev team ain't fixed the bugs that have plagued the game since launch, the Dev team makes excuses as apposed to being totally transparent with the people who funded this clusterfuck and lastly because people, not unlike yourself, think that coming to the forum and moaning and groaning about everything is helping the situation.

Btw, you asked more than one question but I'll answer the second one as well......

Nothing is gonna help gain players other than purging the shitbag who ruin gameplay............but I'm willing to forgive if they add Muffin.

Happy??

12 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Goddamn. Y'all want proof he does these things in the movie or y'all want a fucking bottle and rattle?? Ya gots to quit being such babies when you're proved wrong.

It's not about being proved wrong. If you believe that Jason's abilities should be based off a couple scenes in a Rob Hedden film you are entitled to your opinion.

Btw, you asked more than one question but I'll answer the second one as well......

Yea it's called pluralization. I used the word questions which means more than one question.

Happy??

Yes, because correcting the types of issues that you listed will help turn this thing around if the developers actually listen.

32 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

It don't matter how awful the movie is, it backs up the argument that he does Shift/Morph in the movies. Period.

Answer to the most important question in 3.....2.....1.....

Because trash bitches abuse the concept of the game. They team with Jason, they rat out other players trying to bargin with Jason, there are the Quitters who ruin everyone's good time, there's WAY TOO MANY children playing, the Dev team ain't fixed the bugs that have plagued the game since launch, the Dev team makes excuses as apposed to being totally transparent with the people who funded this clusterfuck and lastly because people, not unlike yourself, think that coming to the forum and moaning and groaning about everything is helping the situation.

Nothing is gonna help gain players other than purging the shitbag who ruin gameplay............but I'm willing to forgive if they add Muffin.

Happy??

This debate reminds me of the yahoo who was going back in forth with me on here about how the Dagger from J9 and J9 the film itself ,isn't cannon  to the series .

3 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

This debate reminds me of the yahoo who was going back in forth with me on here about how the Dagger from J9 and J9 the film itself ,isn't cannon  to the series .

I remember that one. Was good stuff lol.

1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

I remember that one. Was good stuff lol.

I don't know how many times I tried to explain the idea and tell the person what I meant .He called me a "Fan-Fic" writer and not a fan of the films(Gurenteed ive watched all the films he has before) just because I tweaked an idea from cannon a bit.

8 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

I can't say it ain't Canon.......but I will say it was a terrible thing. Hahahahaha

3 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Right...So swap Stalk and Sense, which has had a topic here for quite some time and gained a lot of support. That will add a lot of dread to counselors in itself. It also makes Stealth a viable stat again in the early game for counselors. But Jason can be equally stealthy.

Next you can take Jason off the mini-map completely (threads here on that) unless he's been tagged by a flare, you can have Jason's chase music only come on when he's actively chasing you, as opposed to simply in the area (threads on that here, too).

All these things create the unease you're referring to.

@ShiftySamurai In a previous post I brought up using game modes to test gameplay changes in private matches. Would it be possible for the devs to make a game mode using the changes listed above by @AldermachXI to see how it changes the experience? At the very least this is something that should be tested internally.

5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I can't say it ain't Canon.......but I will say it was a terrible thing. Hahahahaha

While I agree and hate that movie(outside of the kills), what he was pitching was pretty solid and fun sounding.

13 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

While I agree and hate that movie(outside of the kills), what he was pitching was pretty solid and fun sounding.

Are you talking about Adam Marcus making J9 or my Dagger Kill/Creighton Duke Idea?

2 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Are you talking about Adam Marcus making J9 or my Dagger Kill/Creighton Duke Idea?

I was agreeing about hating that movie for the most part, but explaining how cool and fun the idea you pitched was. I also like Creighton Duke's character even though I hate the movie. It was definitely an awesome idea that would be fun to play through.

13 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I was agreeing about hating that movie for the most part, but explaining how cool and fun the idea you pitched was. I also like Creighton Duke's character even though I hate the movie. It was definitely an awesome idea that would be fun to play through.

Great, so why don't you link the thread so you guys can go there and talk about it rather than derail this one. In this thread we are talking about ways to give Jason his balls back. If you have anything to contribute in that regard, please feel free.

We have, it will be ok. Side convos happen all the time. No need to get all twisted over it. Anything else?

2 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Now THESE are some REALLY great ideas that MANY people HAVE mentioned BEFORE. 

Yep. In multiple threads at that.

16 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

Great, so why don't you link the thread so you guys can go there and talk about it rather than derail this one. In this thread we are talking about ways to give Jason his balls back. If you have anything to contribute in that regard, please feel free.

Me and @jameson87 know when to not derail a thread.Before hand there was a debate on the validity of shift in game rather than What Jason needs.

4 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Me and @jameson87 know when to not derail a thread.Before hand there was a debate on the validity of shift in game rather than What Jason needs.

Bingo! I just love it when folks get mad at you for doing the very thing they also have done.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Are you his manager?

It's hard to trust a streamer's authenticity. They have to market themselves and advertise and this feels like an ad to me. It's disingenuous. 

What are you saying?

I'm sorry, what? In regards to @Laphin. Are you attempting to discount his opinion on what could make the game better because he is a streamer? I'm not sure what your motivation is there but a lot of what he has said resonates with me. I love this game for the experience and I feel like we have lost a good bit of that with the niche stuff. You'll never eliminate trolls but you can certainly put in mechanics to punish that behavior.

I have seen some ideas float around in the forums that I agree with and would like to add a couple of my own that I think would help alleviate the issues with the trolling emoter crowd.

1 - If counselors are emoting in front of Jason you could have an increased chance for a special Jason rage(different from current rage mode) where he becomes temporarily immune to stuns and receives an increase in speed and/or grip strength to grab emoting taunters and prevents being saved from Jason's grasp. (due to Jason's temporary immuninity to stun)

2 - For the counselors who gang up on Jason for a beat down, incorporate a similar special rage chance that would make him immune to stuns and allow him to have a special ground grab (new mocap obviously) and do a special rage kill. (similar to the kill Jason did in Friday the 13th part 6 when the sheriff was beating him down with a log)

This special rage mode would only be available in situations where Jason is dealing with repetitive trollish behavior. The trigger being multiple emotes and/or multiple stuns. There would be a % change to trigger the mode based on which Jason you were using. This rage would have a separate cool down from the current one and will dissipate completely once the pursuit ends or the offender is dead.

Just a couple of thoughts I had. I''ve been a member of this community for awhile but rarely post. I get frustrated with the frequent posters who appear to have a sense of entitlement on what is discussed here on the forums and how it is said. This is only my perception and I could be overly sensitive about it but my fear is that this attitude will discourage new members  from participating in the discussions on the forums and prevent the community from growing.

At the end of the day, regardless of how we approach the conversation, we are all passionate about the game and want to see it succeed. Let's take this energy and passion and focus it on coming up with creative solutions and not attacking or attempting to discredit others.

My 2 cents...

DISCLAIMER*** I throw my game play ideas out there with no idea how difficult it would be to implement.

1 hour ago, The Gloved One said:

You know I already hated on your JGTH game ideas. ?

On 5/12/2018 at 12:29 PM, Laphin said:

Jason could create suspense for you in so many better ways than this.. you just haven't experienced it yet, which is what we're KINDA trying to fight for.  You shouldn't be in suspense because you feel like you have to 'juke jason' all the time...  You should be in suspense because;

You don't know if he's gonna show up quietly around a corner or inside a house (because his STALK would be permanent).
Shift grabbing wouldn't be a thing anymore... 

Jason wouldn't show up on the minimap anymore.

Chase music would be changed to be dynamically tied in with Fear and Damage eliminating counselors awareness of where he is exactly, forcing the player to use their own eyes and ears.

Jason's sense would be vague and less pin point so moments where he JUST MISSES you would increase.

Objectives would be harder, slowing down the match to compensate for all these changes.

The combat mechanics would be refined to be less clunky and feel more organic to the game, and fighting Jason would almost be out of the question for most counselors.

Bugzy and stronger characters should feel more significant in possible babysitting weaker characters (but right now, weak characters rule at everything, like Deborah).

The chases would feel less canned and silly, ... watching Jason chase someone down an entire stretch of road, unable to catch them is horrendous...

There's so much IN YOUR FACE stuff that I question ILLFONIC on why they haven't bothered tending to any of this, just completely blows my mind. 

Those are all great ideas, very well thought out Laphin.
One thing that i was thinking about it, that could reduce thos horrific infinite chase/juke.
In situations of intense fear and chase, survivors could fall to the ground and to get up, they should perform an skill check or they should press 'E" key several times.

ps; I added you on the steam :r

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lexandremon said:

Those are all great ideas, very well thought out Laphin.
One thing that i was thinking about it, that could reduce thos horrific infinite chase/juke.
In situations of intense fear and chase, survivors could fall to the ground and to get up, they should perform an skill check or they should press 'E" key several times.

ps; I added you on the steam :r

I like that idea! Maybe even a quick time event, similar to car repair, to regain your feet if you fall down. And each counselor's strength/endurance stats could contribute to how quickly or easily they get up. Great idea!