19 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

You people come in here and try to derail this thread because you have nothing of value to offer in regards to the OP. The title of the thread is 'Illfonic needs to focus on Jason.' I'd love for some of you 'shift enthusiasts' to contribute something other than "In Part 8 Jason appears to teleport." You are completely missing the point of this whole thread.

Well, firstly you derailed the thread as well when you mentioned the quoted text and since I was simply correcting you on information it seems you didn't ''t know about the film series.

1. I already was on-topic and I replied to the OP.

2. The topic has been derailed did you not see the earlier comments?

3. You literally brought up the topic of shifting and etc so that makes no sense to claim anyone is an "enthusiast" of anything just because they discussed something.

25 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

When Jason was chained up scene? or when he got off the slab?

When the first slaughter ends and he is suddenly behind the female Protagonist (Lexa [I had to look it up , what her Name was , but most of you probably forgot either]). It´s shortly before they freeze. He definitely teleported there.

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

When the first slaughter ends and he is suddenly behind the female Protagonist (Lexa [I had to look it up , what her Name was , but most of you probably forgot either]). It´s shortly before they freeze. He definitely teleported there.

Ooooh that scene ok I gotcha now lol.

I think it goes way deeper than just the lack of focus on Jason. There's been plenty of people who described this game more 'intense" rather than just scary. Which I think is understandable because lets be honest, most of the final chases were never the really most scary parts of the films and that alone I think is the issue itself. The game was designed to be fully committed to the idea of a final chase.

Of course I don't think it means the suspense/horror factor is impossible to be rework. It's just a shame that the lawsuit status over the film rights has to be their huge roadblock because they can incorporate characters and other stuff from the films to renovate things. Unfortunately, while that is happening, we have to be stuck in a state where the casuals have more control over the game's atmosphere and simply abusing it anyway they desire. It's like watching a vulnerable Gotham City police department without Batman to contain the Joker's followers infecting the city.

No paranoia anytime soon either(or maybe never), just have to find a way to kill time or find a useful way to have fun with 30 emotes I guess.

FavorableSimplisticKite-max-1mb.gif

3 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I think it goes way deeper than just the lack of focus on Jason. There's been plenty of people who described this game more 'intense" rather than just scary. Which I think is understandable because lets be honest, most of the final chases were never the really most scary parts of the films and that alone I think is the issue itself. The game was designed to be fully committed to the idea of a final chase.

Of course I don't think it means the suspense/horror factor is impossible to be rework. It's just a shame that the lawsuit status over the film rights has to be their huge roadblock because they can incorporate characters and other stuff from the films to renovate things. Unfortunately, while that is happening, we have to be stuck in a state where the casuals have more control over the game's atmosphere and simply abusing it anyway they desire. It's like watching a vulnerable Gotham City police department without Batman to contain the Joker's followers infecting the city.

No paranoia anytime soon either(or maybe never), just have to find a way to kill time or find a useful way to have fun with 30 emotes I guess.

FavorableSimplisticKite-max-1mb.gif

To be honest , I´d probably rather look at Sonic fanfic.

But then again......

https://www.google.de/search?q=David+the+hedgehog&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6gaLloobbAhVCbFAKHaU4DgIQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=964#imgrc=e_S3AG_vff3f5M:

This is a Thing.

15 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Suspense is tricky. You first have to firmly establish a threat to the characters, that perhaps only the audience is aware of. You then play with the emotions of the audience. They all know something is going to happen. They just don't when. (Unless they hear Jason's chase music approaching, sigh.) Jump-scares are even more effective once the suspense has been established. This is all predicated on the audience actually caring about what happens to the characters. In games, the player is naturally attached to their character so they are perfectly primed to be manipulated in this fashion.

The finales of many of the films were both intense and suspenseful. If suspense is the not goal, the experience just won't feel authentic.

14 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

It's just a shame that the lawsuit status over the film rights has to be their huge roadblock because they can incorporate characters and other stuff from the films to renovate things.

Do we know what exactly the lawsuit prevents them from using? The original film scores would add an enormous amount of authenticity to the game. What we have in the game currently is nice, but it misses the mark. It's almost like having a Halloween game without the original Halloween theme song from the film. Why are we able to use Alice Cooper's He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask), but not able to use Harry Manfredini's original scores?

The same holds true for the characters in the game. How is it that they were able to use Shelly, Fox and Tommy while the other characters are just generic mishmashes?

On 5/15/2018 at 7:04 AM, gyaaft said:

Do we know what exactly the lawsuit prevents them from using? The original film scores would add an enormous amount of authenticity to the game. What we have in the game currently is nice, but it misses the mark. It's almost like having a Halloween game without the original Halloween theme song from the film. Why are we able to use Alice Cooper's He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask), but not able to use Harry Manfredini's original scores?

The same holds true for the characters in the game. How is it that they were able to use Shelly, Fox and Tommy while the other characters are just generic mishmashes?

This is what I don't get either. One of the lawyers from Horror, inc already mentioned that lawsuit won't affect the game. But illfonic probably still wants to play it safe anyways just in case. From what I understand, it seems Victor Miller is aiming to claim anything Part 1 related, so I could understand why possible playable characters like Pamela/Alice are not here yet. 

I'm not exactly sure what Victor did related to the sequels. It just seems like he's credited for the sequel characters because most of them could be based on the characters he originally created. Maybe someone like Shelly, Fox and Tommy aren't based on anyone Victor had come up with? Who knows.

Also, from the thread Wes posted about Shavar, I'm not sure why some of them might think the Reggie character from Part 5(or an adult version of him) could be affected by the lawsuit. Him and Tommy were almost very similar from the movies.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:52 AM, gyaaft said:

What they don't need. They don't need more bugs. They don't need more maps. They don't need more Jasons. They don't need more counselors. They don't need Reggie or Muffin. They don't need more emotes. They don't need more costumes. They don't need to be able to kit out their cars. They don't need a standalone Retro Jason. They don't need more perk tiers. They don't need a level cap increase. They don't need more small maps. They don't need more songs on the radio.

One of my earlier posts in this thread mentioned that we don't need more songs on the radio. I find it funny and ironic that they made a Twitter poll today stating the following: "Do you want to hear the music from the Challenges Trailer - @SunglassesKid’s song Can’t Hide feat Miranda Cary - playing on the in-game radios?"

This warmed my heart in a special, special way so I wanted to share it.

The Really Bad Stealth Aspect of F13 Is Why I like DbD More, Once In a Game I had a Leatherface Chase everyone down, Left Alone I was hiding around in the Gideon Meat Plant, What's cool is that Most of the Abilities Make a sound but you never know where they are, I got Caught but the Leather face was kind so he let me escape.

I was Hiding around for the Whole Game, Hid Behind Walls, Pillars etc. It truly felt like I was running away and trying to hide from a Serial Killer, If there was something like this In F13 It would be so much better, At least Remove one of the 2.5 ways Jason can find a Counselor (Stupid Screaming while they are In a Hiding Spot).

13 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

The Really Bad Stealth Aspect of F13 Is Why I like DbD More, Once In a Game I had a Leatherface Chase everyone down, Left Alone I was hiding around in the Gideon Meat Plant, What's cool is that Most of the Abilities Make a sound but you never know where they are, I got Caught but the Leather face was kind so he let me escape.

I was Hiding around for the Whole Game, Hid Behind Walls, Pillars etc. It truly felt like I was running away and trying to hide from a Serial Killer, If there was something like this In F13 It would be so much better, At least Remove one of the 2.5 ways Jason can find a Counselor (Stupid Screaming while they are In a Hiding Spot).

This is the exact thing that myself and many others here on the forums and in countless youtube videos, and on livestreams have been preaching about. 
gyaaft mentioned the radio station poll.  Yes, when they ask us do we "WANT".. yes.. everyone 'wants'..  but do we NEED??? not until all else is fixed. 
Yes, we 'want' all kinds of stuff.  But let's see if the new updates take us in a direction that we NEED.  I guess we'll know in a day. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laphin said:

This is the exact thing that myself and many others here on the forums and in countless youtube videos, and on livestreams have been preaching about. 
gyaaft mentioned the radio station poll.  Yes, when they ask us do we "WANT".. yes.. everyone 'wants'..  but do we NEED??? not until all else is fixed. 
Yes, we 'want' all kinds of stuff.  But let's see if the new updates take us in a direction that we NEED.  I guess we'll know in a day. 

Yep, Right Now They better fix the Bugs, I can live with the stealth being shit now.

• Like 1

Well I can assure they didn't take sense out like a lot of people want. It is too much for them to do because they would have to rework a lot surrounding it.

On 5/12/2018 at 3:24 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Sending out 30 to 40 console test kits to community members, "verified" or not, will never happen.

Perhaps it's time to rethink that position, judging by all the bugs that didn't get caught before it went to cert?