I don't really get the issue.....it's their game and they are trying to make it better its like us fans complain about everything they do when all they are doing is trying their hardest to make the game fun and playable.

The chase part is something straight out of Dead by daylight when the killers get faster the longer they chase them sorry this isn't DbD and Jason doesn't get faster the more he chases this is a fact through the films itself and everything else just sounds like personal stuff that you feel should be changed for your personal experience and not everyone else so its kinda hypocritical in a sense that you say its best to benefit themselves on the forum when giving out "Suggestions" but that's what you are doing so don't take it as me personally attacking you.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

this isn't DbD and Jason doesn't get faster the more he chases this is a fact through the films itself and everything else just sounds like personal stuff

Exactly. Much like Charlie Sheen, Jason's got one gear: GO!

Adjustments like that might make it a more scary game, maybe, but it's using a formula not suited for Jason. Within all but a couple of those movies, Jason's character was represented and portrayed very consistently regardless of the circumstances: telekinesis girl, in space, not in Manhattan. As bad as those movies might be, Jason was always good. Why? Because it's simple, it works and they knew not to fuck with it.

That's why dance emotes don't bother me. As long as Jason's not dancing. The only thing that crosses the line for me is not having an auto-grab or some kind of auto reaction to dancing too close to or on top of a downed Jason. That would make it thematically complete. Otherwise I don't care where you put Jason, as long as Jason remains Jason.

Jason in the old west. Picture it.......that would be incredible! 
Jason in a mall in the middle of the night against the security team. WHAT?! I hope someone is taking note of this.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Exactly. Much like Charlie Sheen, Jason's got one gear: GO!

Adjustments like that might make it a more scary game, maybe, but it's using a formula not suited for Jason. Within all but a couple of those movies, Jason's character was represented and portrayed very consistently regardless of the circumstances: telekinesis girl, in space, not in Manhattan. As bad as those movies might be, Jason was always good. Why? Because it's simple, it works and they knew not to fuck with it.

That's why dance emotes don't bother me. As long as Jason's not dancing. The only thing that crosses the line for me is not having an auto-grab or some kind of auto reaction to dancing too close to or on top of a downed Jason. That would make it thematically complete. Otherwise I don't care where you put Jason, as long as Jason remains Jason.

Jason in the old west. Picture it.......that would be incredible! 
Jason in a mall in the middle of the night against the security team. WHAT?! I hope someone is taking note of this.  

Yeah I would like a grab button icon popping up when a Counselor wants to try to dance or tea-bag over us downed Jason just so they can understand fear.

But yeah the Jason getting faster thing doesn't fit at all to me and I have watched every single Friday the 13th movie when I was a kid and they never changed it and I understand this isn't a "official" to the lore of the movies but changing Jason way to much is a huge big no look at Part 9 and see how badly Adam Marcus messed up on the character and you get very very bad reviews. 

Personally I don't think the game needs an extreme overhaul, it's rather that there's a couple of problems that overall hampers the game:

1. Jason is too easy to kill with a coordinated group.

The point explains itself. With combat stance, a high strength counselor can demask Jason with two-3 vertical hits (and in the case of Part 9 Jason, one hit with Buggzy/Tommy if you have a rare-epic slugger perk), and once Jason's mask is off he's immediately vulnerable to the sweater stun. While it can be sometimes be difficult to demask Jason if the counselor group is disorganized, it relies too heavily on the counselors being bad since skilled, coordinated groups have been known to demask Jason within 5-10 mins depending on how long it takes to find a machete.

However, even if Jason's HP was buffed, it still wouldn't take much too much effort from a coordinated group since a duo-trio of high strength counselors can still beat on Jason rather quickly, and this is made even worse when Jason takes damage while stunned (which in itself is kind wonky since sometimes the damage doesn't go through, probably because of the hit boxes, but who knows).

I actually came up with a thread a while ago that tackled this problem. This thread is also an interesting source of ideas to help make Jason more difficult to kill.

TL;DR Jason should get his HP buffed, and when his health reaches zero he doesn't automatically lose the mask. Instead, each counselor has a chance of demasking Jason at zero HP based on their luck/strength points. For each point in either stat, you get 1% chance of a successful demask, and you can only demask Jason using an axe or machete. But really, you guys should just click those links up above, there were some good ideas in them.

2. The objectives are too easily fixed with a coordinated group.

One of Jason's biggest weaknesses (if not thee biggest one) is that he can't be everywhere all at once, so coordinated groups can easily repair objectives if they pressure multiple ones at the same time. Some maps even have the objectives parts spawn near the objective in question that would fix it, making the task less daunting. And the phone box, which arguably has the best value of all since it allows any counselor to escape, has merely one part assigned to it.

Once again, I came up with a thread a long time ago that tackled many of these issues. For example, introducing strength QTEs, changing how calling the police works (as well as what happens in the aftermath if the police are successfully called). But this also brings into question the repair stat. As of now, the only real purpose high repair counselors serve is being able to repair objectives when Jason is nearby. Otherwise, it's a mere inconvenience for everyone with low repair so long as Jason doesn't show up (which he might not if he's too busy worrying about other counselors). Repair really needs to feel like a more special stat; someone like Vanessa shouldn't be considered an ok option despite her low repair, she should be considered a very desperate last resort. And strength QTEs would really give it more purposes than just killing Jason; the stat is useless once Jason is demasked. In my eyes, it should be seen more as utility.

3. Bugs/Glitches

Well, we all know this one. Hopefully the game engine update finally puts to rest several lingering issues like car rubberbanding. This one we'll just have to wait out until the time comes.

4. Stealth/Strength/Repair aren't very useful.

I've already mentioned strength as well as repair. Stealth also needs some love too, like maybe some QTEs of its own (e.g. picking a lock on a locked drawer). There was also an idea that the higher the stealth, the longer it takes before a counselor shows up on Jason's Sense radar. Some other things too like quieting the noise of occupying a closet, opening windows, etc., things that would give the stat flavor.

5. A better perk system.

Progressive perk system. Choose the perks you want to work with, improve them with experience, and make your progress even more meaningful as you level up. It's a proven way to keep people playing more considering how many games have implemented such a system.

Conclusion

The game's core, as of now, can feasibly work, but there are a lot of issues still left in this game. Granted it's not even a year old yet, but I'm hoping to see some major improvements in year 2. The game engine update as well as introducing dedicated servers to consoles would be a great start.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Laphin said:

I haven't soured any relationships with anyone, unless you're just making assumptions, and/or the devs are sick of me ranting about their game (I'm sure they probably are).  I'm just trying to be part of a voice, that's it.  When they stopped being transparent with the community is when everyone pretty much got the cut off.

Me speaking about the game is my own thing, and I'm sorry if I insulted the niche users on here, because I know there's avid players in the forums who speak often.  But there are some random threads with people who want things.. that at least to me, don't make any sense.. and I figured the devs read all this stuff, and I wanted to make a post.  That's simply it.. no conspiracy behind it.  PS.  I don't mean Muffin either.. I want to see Muffin too. o__o

I was actually gonna say how dare you insult Muffin like that, then I finished reading your post. 

30 minutes ago, Laphin said:

I want to see Muffin too. o__o

Don't we all

Hey, I know it's getting removed but the next time you have to go into combat stance because you're getting stunned through a door, try moving to the left of the door and quickly tap the right trigger causing a sideways swing, and you'll never have to worry about getting stunned again. It works especially well with J2

@illchuck @Laphin a few ideas and my thoughts mixed with what Laphin is saying because it’s not so much making Jason overpowered it’s more directed to giving players a scary experience and roller coaster ride and feel like we are in the films!  

1- What if when getting chased “within a close range” the councelor player  starts to hear a muffled sound with a ringing in ear but not loud just drowning out the music and sounds of other players and surroundings to kinda make them feel dizzy and scared!

2 - Instead of stumbling what if particular councelors could eventually tripand fall to ground and they crawl until the player “taps the wheel” to get back up!

3 - this one sounds crazy but if in a cabin and Jason enters silence the music (stalk automatically comes in) and create jumpscare environment for the councelor while Jason’s in there “councelor opens a door and a Cat jumps with a loud jumpscare sound while Jason is downstairs searching! You open a bathroom door to get med spray and as soon as the door opens that dead body falls from above the door hanging by rope with loud jumpscare music! Or a player opens a draw and “bang a spider jumps out with scary music”!!!!!!

these ideas could make people on edge all the time and make the game super scary!!!

5 hours ago, Laphin said:

PS I don't mean Muffin either.. I want to see Muffin too. o__o

I was about to join the fun, (why are you making me agree with the forum trolls), but this 🙄 line saved you.

Edit - This was meant as a joke. I'm actually happy people are talking about how to make the game better again. 

I think we're too hard on the guy who's just trying to get the game to be what IllFonic promised us rather than what H2O Delirious got us.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Bottom line.

If I were to scale it based on 1 to 10 in terms of the actual F13 experience.

I'd give it a 4 or 5, and most of that goes to the art department and the sound department, which in itself, has gotten its own fair share of criticism, but at least I feel like the effort there was a lot better.

The rest of it is a mixed bucket of paint.

The counselors knowing where each other are as well as where Jason is (jncluding minimap) at all times minus the 2 minute stalk intervals is one of its biggest sins. Totally takes away the idea that they are out there scattered in the woods. Hell I remember when the walkie talkie was actually a big deal in beta, before the dark times....before the gameplay was known, the maps were known and the emotes were a thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tyrant666 said:

Bottom line.

If I were to scale it based on 1 to 10 in terms of the actual F13 experience.

I'd give it a 4 or 5, and most of that goes to the art department and the sound department, which in itself, has gotten its own fair share of criticism, but at least I feel like the effort there was a lot better.

The rest of it is a mixed bucket of paint.

The counselors knowing where each other are as well as where Jason is (jncluding minimap) at all times minus the 2 minute stalk intervals is one of its biggest sins. Totally takes away the idea that they are out there scattered in the woods. Hell I remember when the walkie talkie was actually be a big deal in beta, before the dark times....before the gameplay was known, the maps were known and the emotes were a thing.

It's fun as a game. As an F13 experience though, it could be so much more.

I am not sure why this has to be said a 3rd time but discuss the subject matter or withhold your comments. Take up issues via PM or off of the forums. The forums is not the medium for arguments. Thank you. 

I think the game captured what the team was shooting for quite well. And I think it has the intended, fun, thrilling effect on players (new players, more so, of course).

I always thought that the fear factor was one of the greatest elements of this game. Namely, how the counselors react in tremendous fear, despite what the player may be feeling. And that simulated fear adds to the player's experience (and can influence their felings as well). Brlliant.

However, I think the fear results (screaming, stuttering, tripping, stumbling, impaired vision) should be more frequent.

Certainly instead of Jason "speeding up", as had been suggested, the existing fear components of counselors stumbling should be made more prevalent.

The fear of Jason should be greater. We can't force experienced (and, often, jaded) players to fear Jason, but their counselors can simulate it more.

Of course, ever since launch (perhaps in beta, as well), I saw countless complaints about their counselors freaking out, being too scared, and that "godawful" stumbling. People swore, up and down, how unfair it was that they can't survive on their own merit, and have to get screwed by the fear aspects. I always disagreed, and still do.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Also, OP, you should really edit your post to remove the falseness of saying that Gun Media made a poll about the hiting through doors issue. False claims make any points really questionable. No big deal - we all make mistakes, of course!! Just saying, it'd help your overall intent.

15 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

The chase part is something straight out of Dead by daylight when the killers get faster the longer they chase them sorry this isn't DbD and Jason doesn't get faster the more he chases this is a fact through the films itself and everything else just sounds like personal stuff that you feel should be changed for your personal experience and not everyone else so its kinda hypocritical in a sense that you say its best to benefit themselves on the forum when giving out "Suggestions" but that's what you are doing so don't take it as me personally attacking you.

Jason is a stalk killer in the films. He doesn't shift in the films. Counselors don't sprint in random directions to avoid his shift in the films. Counselors don't jog just outside of his reach during chases in the films. The current implementation may work for a video game, but there's something about it that makes Jason feel weak. If you are honest and evaluate chases as they are currently implemented, they are rather comical. It's not about buffing Jason. It's about changing the mechanics to make the chases feel more natural and intense.

Having Jason get faster was just a suggestion. Is that preferable to watching a counselor kite Jason around a dinning room table for 3 minutes? It's easy to criticize the suggestions of others, it's much harder to come up viable solutions on your own. Close to 2 million people own this game and only a couple thousand people play it online. Shame on us for trying to understand why.

28 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

Jason is a stalk killer in the films. He doesn't shift in the films.

This is just plain wrong.

1 hour ago, gyaaft said:

Jason is a stalk killer in the films. He doesn't shift in the films. 

If this is true, please explain how Jason moves around the dance floor so quickly, without being seen, in Jason takes Manhattan. It seems to me that he shifts from one location to another, not being seen by Eva, because she is frantically looking all over the place for him. She sees him over here, then he's gone. She sees him across the room and turns around to find that he's right behind her. 

Sounds very similar to "shift" but I guess could be "morph" as well.

2 hours ago, Nomadder said:

I think the game captured what the team was shooting for quite well. And I think it has the intended, fun, thrilling effect on players (new players, more so, of course).

I always thought that the fear factor was one of the greatest elements of this game. Namely, how the counselors react in tremendous fear, despite what the player may be feeling. And that simulated fear adds to the player's experience (and can influence their felings as well). Brlliant.

However, I think the fear results (screaming, stuttering, tripping, stumbling, impaired vision) should be more frequent.

Certainly instead of Jason "speeding up", as had been suggested, the existing fear components of counselors stumbling should be made more prevalent.

The fear of Jason should be greater. We can't force experienced (and, often, jaded) players to fear Jason, but their counselors can simulate it more.

Of course, ever since launch (perhaps in beta, as well), I saw countless complaints about their counselors freaking out, being too scared, and that "godawful" stumbling. People swore, up and down, how unfair it was that they can't survive on their own merit, and have to get screwed by the fear aspects. I always disagreed, and still do.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Also, OP, you should really edit your post to remove the falseness of saying that Gun Media made a poll about the hiting through doors issue. False claims make any points really questionable. No big deal - we all make mistakes, of course!! Just saying, it'd help your overall intent.

I do think a certain kind of mo-capped stumble would be cool to see in regards to higher fear levels.
The feelings and suspense that the game gives the player could very well be enhanced than what it already does. 

However, that said.. I don't think the game needs more screaming and counselors jumping, etc like you are saying, because.. those things aren't what translates into suspense for the player.  Those kinds of things don't translate into terror.  That little jump-scare that the counselors do when they see a dead body, those are actually more annoying than they are scary, because the player doesn't want to be stopped at any given time and interrupted, followed by a cheesy delivered voice over line.. that's not scary.

The counselor avatars expressing more fear is not going to mean the player is feeling anything at all, it doesn't matter HOW scared you make the avatars seem.. that's not the way suspense is carried over into a player's psyche, our emotions aren't that simple nor easily accessed.

To mention one thing they got really RIGHT, is the feeling of despair sometimes when Jason is closing in for the kill and the counselors beg for their life.  I remember the very first times I heard those kinds of lines pop out of the female avatars, I felt almost bad for them before killing as Jason.

To drive more suspense into a player as a counselor,

You have to get the counselor player to be unsure and unable to calculate Jason.. the LESS you are able to calculate where he is, what he's doing, and the Jason player has the preemptive (let's say shift grabbing isn't a thing in the game), that's when he will become more terrifying, because now you can't predict it, you don't know where he'll show up, where you'll hear him suddenly, or if he's hunting you from the woods.

The unease of not knowing at any given time where/when you might be getting hunted, or stalked creates unease, it drives the player to be paranoid, they slow down, they're more cautious.. looking around corners, making sure that when he DOES appear, that he's not too close to them.. because the closer you engage with Jason the more of a danger he'll be and the less chance you'll have of getting away, that's the suspense.. 

You have to think about it.. Gun has played their game a shit ton.. we've all played the game a shit ton...  we have blinders on to what makes this game work, especially for new players that's hard to connect with, because we'll never be new players again.  Remember how SLOW and CAUTIOUS people played.. we didn't know the gameplay or anything.. so we weren't zipping around and knowing what to do, where to go, and how Jason worked.. so we were more in suspense of what was going to happen.

I think it's important for Illfonic to maintain that for how Jason works in the game so we have to approach him as that "New Player" all the time, and the less you know about what he's doing in the map or what he's capable of.. he becomes more intense, every match, for new AND experienced players.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Laphin said:

*Plea to make Jason more scary/unpredictable.

Right...So swap Stalk and Sense, which has had a topic here for quite some time and gained a lot of support. That will add a lot of dread to counselors in itself. It also makes Stealth a viable stat again in the early game for counselors. But Jason can be equally stealthy.

Next you can take Jason off the mini-map completely (threads here on that) unless he's been tagged by a flare, you can have Jason's chase music only come on when he's actively chasing you, as opposed to simply in the area (threads on that here, too).

All these things create the unease you're referring to.

9 hours ago, FilthyCasual523 said:

I think we're too hard on the guy who's just trying to get the game to be what IllFonic promised us

Are you his manager?

It's hard to trust a streamer's authenticity. They have to market themselves and advertise and this feels like an ad to me. It's disingenuous. 

9 hours ago, FilthyCasual523 said:

rather than what H2O Delirious got us.

What are you saying?

26 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

What are you saying?

He must be unimpressed with the Teddy Protector achievement. 🤔

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

If this is true, please explain how Jason moves around the dance floor so quickly, without being seen, in Jason takes Manhattan. It seems to me that he shifts from one location to another, not being seen by Eva, because she is frantically looking all over the place for him. She sees him over here, then he's gone. She sees him across the room and turns around to find that he's right behind her. 

Sounds very similar to "shift" but I guess could be "morph" as well.

Also how he is clearly behind Charles when chasing him, then magically is waiting on the 2nd floor to throw him through a window. And the ladder scene. Jason clearly shifts or morphs in a couple of instances.