18 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Listing things that will never happen seem to be the only direct communication we ever get from this team.

It's really not fair to say that. They just had an hour long dev stream the other day where they pretty much answered questions the whole time.

• Like 1

This game is a perfect example of "you can't please everyone."  I'm all for game developers listening to their fan base, but it has to be within reason.  And changing game mechanics because a portion of the population requests for it, is not reasonable IMO.  Have we not learned our lesson from the "Jason is too OP" group of Fall 2017??  You know, the ones that got us that patch where it seemed like Kenny bought out all the Pocketknives and Med Sprays from the local supply store, and spread them all over the camp grounds??  Thus making it easier for counselors to escape and not allowing more than a 3/8 for anyone who wasn't playing a try hard Jason??  All that crap that catered to players whining since the summer, only to be retracted right before the holidays.  And why??  Cause then you had the other side complaining it was too easy to be a counselor and Jason was a pushover.   

If fans want new game modes, cosmetic upgrades,  items, emotes, and/or functionality like dedicated servers, etc.- then be Santa and give em what they want.  At least the portion of the community who do not want/like it, does not have to get/play with it and deal with it.  Game mechanics should be off limits to fan requests for the most part (there are some exceptions).  Game mechanics are the core of the game and developers should mold the game into what they deem as fair, balanced, and fun.  Otherwise, they'll just keep pissing off one side more than the other, with every change.  And again, this is just my opinion.  Please, no one take it personal if you disagree.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

It's really not fair to say that. They just a an hour long dev stream the other day where they pretty much answered question the whole time.

I don't even think most of their answers were new, they were just regurgitations of answers you could find here.

I used to be like you.  I don't know how long youve followed the game or all the changes, but I've gone from a Gun/illfonic apologist to angry now to just exasperated. Im done defending them and all their excuses of being a small team and a rag tag team of developers have worn so thin it's hollow. Rupaul said it best:

They know their player base is champing at the bit for updates, and they think these drip-drip-drip updates they release now are adequate for this playerbase. Maybe they think it adds some mystery to keep their cards to their chest and it's a PR move. But hype has a time limit, and players aren't sticking around to hear the end to the mystery anymore. 

They deserve EVERY BIT OF BLOWBACK AND HARD FEELINGS for the players who felt burned that the update didn't come on Friday April 13th. Yes - they never promised it would be out that date and did clearly say that it could be released April at the earliest. But they could have, and should have been more open about the patch status before the end of April. Hell, id even have been satisfied with a monthly "patch is shaping up well, were about 50% done with it, so we don't think it'll be released the next month" update. There's no shame in letting us down about not seeing the patch soon, as long as we know there's still progress being made. But to act like it's embarrassing or not professional to admit things are falling behind to your player base is just the kind of ego that is burying this game and the developers, even if they don't realize it yet.

And that backs up my original point: we get no response within several weeks when we ask them questions, yet theyll trip over themselves to tell us what they WON'T do.

I mentioned it yesterday in a different thread and I'll mention it again: the developers don't understand their own game. Most of the IMPROVEMENTS they've made to the game are bug fixes, and their game play altering "fixes" have either had consequences that they've later acknowledged (Jason nerfs, icon spawns, pocket knife explosion) or run just downright opposite of their original kickstarter pitch without any explanation (emotes).

There are great moments in this game that id like to think they had intended: communication, surprise, randomized gameplay that keeps it relatively fresh, a slower more deliberate game play that prioritizes decisions and management of multiple aspects (fear level, stamina level, health level, proximity to jason) rather than Just smash and grab gameplay that make a round seem the perfect length. But then they add all this superfluous shit and it makes you wonder where their mind is,if they really understand their own game, and how much they actually care anymore.

5 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I

Bingo!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Bingo!

A reminder; please do not quote large posts/videos/images when replying to a specific post. 

As for the ongoing flamewar, you've already been warned once by an admin. This is your second warning. Please go to PMs or offsite for personal disagreements. 

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Ok, Laphin. You're right.

No one here ever talks about the experience or how to make the game better. They only care about their own experience. Noted.

I do think it's hilarious that someone who pops up here every couple of months is gonna claim to know what is being discussed on a regular basis...But ok. If you say so.

Let's hope you're the person who can make the difference we all need ;)

I'll keep trying Aldermach, just for you. :D  Hey, someone's gotta do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GunMedia_Ben said:

A reminder; please do not quote large posts/videos/images when replying to a specific post. 

As for the ongoing flamewar, you've already been warned once by an admin. This is your second warning. Please go to PMs or offsite for personal disagreements. 

Finally , someone´s gonna had to put an end to this.

5 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Thank you Ben, appreciate the moderation.

30 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Which is why I think they should release the beta versions of each patch to about 15-20 verified members on Xbox, ps4 and pc each and have us test it on illfonic/gun servers to see how watertight each build is. Get the players who've really invested the time into the game and know it forwards and backwards and they'll give you the best assessment of what works and what doesn't.

One of the great things about Unreal Engine 4 is that it has built in support for game modes. The developers could add an option to toggle game modes for Private Matches. This would allow players to test focused changes on a large scale and provide feedback without needing a separate build.

For example, the developers could make a new game mode that contains a small change to the way the Shift ability works. The change would add a 3 second recovery period before Jason can slash or grab after ending his Shift. The option would appear in the Private Match menu as "Game Mode: Shift Recovery Change - Alpha." Players could then test this change and provide feedback. Using this system we could also test early versions of Paranoia and help them to find the fun.

While not a perfect solution, it does have some great benefits. This is all contingent on the developers actually wanting player participation in the active development of their game.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I haven't been apart of any flame war. I have been having discussions with multiple people and nothing mean has come from me. You might have me confused with someone else. I have been staying away from the argument taking place.

Edit: Can someone please show me where I have been apart of any flame war on this thread? I am completely confused on this one.

Edit: I didn't think so.

5 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Edit: Can someone please show me where I have been apart of any flame war on this thread? I am completely confused on this one.

You're good. It's between two others who don't see eye to eye. Even though I agree with one of the two,I'm not going to contribute or start pointing things out. I did retire from arguing about this game,after all 😉

People are so used to the current mechanics of Jason and counselor play that they don’t want change unless it solely benefits one or the other while not thinking about balance. There are many ways to tweak anything that will benefit both sides without having one be extremely OP. This is Friday The 13th, not “hold my hand while I walk through the camp” or “kill every counselor in two minutes flat every round or I scream buff Jason”. As stated before, the pinpoint sense is inorganic and makes Jason feel like the Terminator, he is an undead being able to sense fear. Does that mean he should sense a hologram or have X-Ray vision? No, it doesn’t. But people are so used to having the counselor perfectly outlined for them in plain sight, then shift grab and kill. People never think about the experience and immersion of finding the counselor with their own two eyes that they scream it is a nerf to Jason. People are too busy worrying about winning and losing. Counselor play can be tweaked to promote more stealth plays than fighting by having Jason massively reach rage mode after being stunned three to four times. The Scooby-Doo chases around the table and on the main road are silly, so the speed boost would be a great addition. Emoting around Jason is obviously going to piss off Jason so his rage meter should go up considerably if a counselor decides to dance in his vicinity. We are simply suggesting ideas to make to game more organic and immersive, no reason to fight over stupidity.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gyaaft said:

This is all contingent on the developers actually wanting player participation in the active development of their game.

And that's actually similar to my original point: since release they haven't been as open and communicative with us as they were before. And that's also reinforces my original point that the majority of the answers we do get are telling us what they WON'T do, rather than what they will.

3 hours ago, jameson87 said:

I think he may have been referring to aldermach and laphin, but without context it's easy to see how it can be mistaken that he was talking about you.

But I'm just assuming their thinking and not assuming the worst, something that's become far too familiar when it comes to these developers.

Whoops, accidental double post. I thought there was already a reply between posts.

6 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

You're good. It's between two others who don't see eye to eye. Even though I agree with one of the two,I'm not going to contribute or start pointing things out. I did retire from arguing about this game,after all 😉

Yeah, that is where I am on that argument. But @GunMedia_Bensteps in and tells me I have been warned twice and to not flame bait anymore. When I was never apart of it in the first place. So I would like to know who handed me my first warning, why I got a second warning, and for someone to point out where I have been flame baiting. That is all I ask. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

Yeah, that is where I am on that argument. But @GunMedia_Bensteps in and tells me I have been warned twice and to not flame baie anymore. When I was never apart of it in the first place. So I would like to know who handed me my first warning, why I got a second warning, and for someone to point out where I have been flame baiting. That is all I ask. Nothing more, nothing less.

lol did he tell YOU you've been warned twice?

No. He warned the entire thread - although it was directed at Laphin and I.

I just don't appreciate his attitude, shitting on the forum and acting as though nobody here cares about the game "experience" as a whole. That's a ridiculous and ignorant statement to make. We've discussed "the experience" at length for almost an entire year now.

But I said my part. He can continue to think he's actually bringing something new to the table.

• Like 1

@Laphin Totally agree with you 100%.

Nothing that i can disagree with here, you've pretty much said what I have felt about Jason since the game came out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

I just don't appreciate his attitude, shitting on the forum and acting as though nobody here cares about the game "experience" as a whole. That's a ridiculous and ignorant statement to make. We've discussed "the experience" at length for almost an entire year now.

But I said my part. He can continue to think he's actually bringing something new to the table.

Yeah @Thatguyinktown pointed out that. It was in a direct reply to me after he quoted me, so maybe context was lost and it was meant for ya'll. Just felt like it was aimed at me the way it was, and let's face it, it would take all of a couple of seconds to clear that air. Personally, it wouldn't shock me that I got lumped in though, as I have been in the cross hairs in the past by certain folks.

30 minutes ago, Laphin said:

I'll keep trying Aldermach, just for you. :D  Hey, someone's gotta do it.

7 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

You both should use the ignore user function .I don't want to see any forum OG's get banned or suspended on here ,We need you both on here .

1 minute ago, The Gloved One said:

You both should use the ignore user function .I don't want to see any forum OG's get banned or suspended on here ,We need you both on here .

Yeah , that would be the best before they go apeshit here

Michael is just trying to make us blush. 😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laphin said:

Michael is just trying to make us blush. 😅

• Image result for michael jackson blushing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

They put a stumble animation in for counselors.  Why the heck did they not put a fall/scramble animation in?   Seriously, how many victims that were being chased in the movies tripped and fell?   All of them pretty much.  If Jason doesn't gain speed while in a chase, why not put like a 4-10% chance of falling when you stumble in the game?  

That part.

5 hours ago, Laphin said:

and no one EVER speaks about the game's experience being bettered FOR THE GAME.. it's always FOR THE PLAYER. 

That's not true. People constantly get shit on here for wanting this game to be more like the movies

5 hours ago, Laphin said:

they run a poll almost a year later on whether they should take such a thing OUT of the game

Aldermach made that poll, not Illfonic. 

6 hours ago, Laphin said:

A lot of HOW counselors get away from him.. is based off of some mal-functioned, or crappily implemented mechanic in the game. 

The counselor has to HOPE that Jason is standing in a closed in area, or is off balanced on the ground so that Jason's kills don't appear, via the game's working mechanics so that the counselor ACCIDENTALLY escapes his grasp..  

Does that not sound broken to you all?

You abuse the word "broken" too much. That doesn't sound broken, it just sounds like it's not that useful. And while it might not be the most amazing clever idea, breaking out because Jason didn't have enough room or the terrain didn't permit, doesn't sound like a malfunction. The kills are canned, there has to be restricted areas otherwise it will be way worse looking than it is now, in terms of floating counselors during a kill animation and such. They will probably never be able to fix that without rewriting most of the game which will never happen. 

I don't know much of the ins and outs of game making but you probably don't either. You should watch Illfonic's presentation on asymmetrical horror games. You'll learn some things about F13. 

7 hours ago, Laphin said:

DIRECT CHASES.  Let's be honest... they feel like crap.

You're kinda late to the party with most of you're points

I can agree with a lot of what you're saying, but in the same way a lot of people want this game to be a generic gaming experience and less of a Jason experience, you sound like you want this to be a generic horror survival experience as opposed to a Jason specific horror experience.

To me (and to a lot of others) Jason is a fun character, not a deeply frightening one. There's a certain speed and level of action that needs to be present. I'm sure they're making adjustments to improve the experience, but removing stuff like Shift grabs, and the like, will slow it down too much, and it also means the rest of the game will have to completely change to balance it. You know they're not gonna do that. The mechanics they have in the game for Jason, now, perfectly represent his actions in the movies. 

Also, you're coming in hot. It's better not to make such an emotional plea for change. I watched you're stream the other day, and the stuff that got you most heated was stuff you could have easily avoided or countered with basic mechanics. I agree that the game needs changing and most of the drop off is probably not the fault of bugs and lack of dedicated servers, but what you would want would guarantee its death.

^ That's all I've been saying...

And yeah...we don't talk about anything Laphin brought up here - all the time.

(P.S. instead of speeding Jason up incrementally during a chase and making it look all goofy, wouldn't it just be more logical to make counselor fear or DIRECT CHASES cause stamina to drain faster? Or have bitches trip over nothing like they do?)

29 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

^ That's all I've been saying...

And yeah...we don't talk about anything Laphin brought up here - all the time.

(P.S. instead of speeding Jason up incrementally during a chase and making it look all goofy, wouldn't it just be more logical to make counselor fear or DIRECT CHASES cause stamina to drain faster? Or have bitches trip over nothing like they do?)

I could get behind a tripping or stumbling mechanic.