12 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lol his reply was deleted before I could even see it. Must have been colorful.

I dunno...is this thread really anything we haven't already said over and over for the last year?

Which is why you saw it and whined for someone to delete it, and then decided to come here and post that you didn't see it, so you could make yourself feel better.  Ok.
Like I said.. leave your ego somewhere else.

10 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

That's what I don't understand,along with others who offer ideas and suggestions that would completely revamp the game.

This isn't early access,as confusing as that may be to some. The game is FINISHED. The mechanics are FINISHED. The meta is established already. It's almost been out a year and if you have been following the game that long you know that nothing game changing is coming. It's why I keep going back to "It is what it is."

Dead by Daylight has been making changes to their FINISHED game for 2 years now. They've had thousands of changes, some of which completely altered the gameplay and changed the meta.

10 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

No one is going to be the white knight with the golden idea that saves this game. The money has already been made.

Dead by Daylight is still making tons of money. They are committed making to their game successful for the long haul. What is Gun committed to doing? Unfortunately, nobody knows.

2 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

Dead by Daylight has been making changes to their FINISHED game for 2 years now. They've had thousands of changes, some of which completely altered the gameplay and changed the meta.

Dead by Daylight is still making tons of money. The are committed making to their game successful for the long haul. What is Gun committed to doing? Unfortunately, nobody knows.

Whichever game you prefer put aside,the Dead By Daylight developers are running circles around everyone involved with Friday. It's no contest at this point. I base everything on what we know about Gun/Illfonic and how they conduct their business.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Laphin said:

They should have learned a TON over the past year.... I have...  and I'm just a player.  How have they not? 

I think the answer's in your question: I get the feeling that they DON'T play it. Watching their livestreams where they play Jason against the public should show you how out of touch they are with their own game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I think the answer's in your question: I get the feeling that they DON'T play it. Watching their livestreams where they play Jason against the public should show you how out of touch they are with their own game.

This.

3000 players could all complain about the same thing,but if those "internal testers" don't see it as a problem,it won't be addressed.

• Thanks 1

I have yet to play DBD, but given they announced another year of content support i have to check it out. Maybe a price drop would boost sales for F13?

Dead By Daylight is a living testament to how a game could be saved.When F13 came out,Everybody was stating that the game was dying and couldent be saved.Low and behold here in 2018,DbD is still gaining players somehow and seemed to turn around for the better(Granted I hate dead by daylight and don't understand how people can play it ).I say don't count F13 out because just like Jason, when you think its over it not .

7 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

I say don't count F13 out because just like Jason, when you think its over it not .

It's the developers and publisher that I'm counting out.

They have to WANT to save their game. Dead By Daylight has been able to keep their community informed,and hit the goals on their road map. Gun Media tried to do a road map and it blew up in their faces. The incompetence is so bad,they can't announce things in advance because when they keep missing the mark,gamers get upset. Who would have thunk it?

😞

13 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Whichever game you prefer put aside,the Dead By Daylight developers are running circles around everyone involved with Friday. It's no contest at this point. I base everything on what we know about Gun/Illfonic and how they conduct their business.

This. I hate DBD. Just too boring for me on so many levels, but those developers are running circles around this team just in feedback and transparency alone. Gun and Illfonic have left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths with how they handle or neglect/refuse to handle things. And it seems the demographic they take 90% of feedback from care about three things; emotes, outfits, and counselor buffs. They have turned this game into the joke it is becoming before our very eyes, it is up to them to steer it back, unfortunately I don't really think they care to.

• Like 1

If you all want to have a discussion, have a discussion. If you all want to bash each other, take it elsewhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

It's the developers and producers that I'm counting out.

They have to WANT to save their game.

😞

I sincerely do believe they want to see the game succeed .Weapon swapping and J7's rework is a few things many have wanted changed over the months and are now getting .The engine supposedly will also help them get bugs out quicker than before.

Edit: @ShiftySamurai what do you think of the points raised in this discussion ?

3 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

I sincerely do believe they want to see the game succeed .Weapon swapping and J7's rework is a few things many have wanted changed over the months and are now getting .The engine supposedly will also help them get bugs out quicker than before.

To be fair,people wanted those things IMMEDIATELY. Like 2nd week,everyone was talking about how weak J7 was.

Also still waiting on news about that Retro Jason revamp.

2 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

I really hope you are right. I just can't find that level of optimism almost a year out from launch and we still have the mess we have right now. But as a diehard F13 fan, I know I will stick around longer than I would have anywhere else, and I feel that they use that to their advantage as well (not just me obviously, but the diehard fanbase in general).

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

To be fair,people wanted those things IMMEDIATELY.

Also still waiting on news about that Retro Jason revamp.

I also want to know about The retro-Jason revamp.Honestly wouldent mind if they paired it up with a revamped Nes Map.

1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

I really hope you are right. I just can't find that level of optimism almost a year out from launch and we still have the mess we have right now. But as a diehard F13 fan, I know I will stick around longer than I would have anywhere else, and I feel that they use that to their advantage as well (not just me obviously, but the diehard fanbase in general).

I've dealt with Ea games in the past in terms of content and fixes in general ,F13 is a small fry compared to Ea's problems .

11 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Dead By Daylight is a living testament to how a game could be saved.When F13 came out,Everybody was stating that the game was dying and couldent be saved.Low and behold here in 2018,DbD is still gaining players somehow and seemed to turn around for the better(Granted I hate dead by daylight and don't understand how people can play it ).I say don't count F13 out because just like Jason, when you think its over it not .

This is true, Dead by Daylight was a dying game and it went through the same painful strokes that Friday the 13th is going through.. the community lashed, like we are now, about the game.. but they didn't take a year to make amends.. they actually spent 4 months not listening just about, but then came back around and.. they started livestreaming weekly..  they started getting in the dirt with the players and playing WITH them, embarassing themselves while players made these huge strides against them because (they didn't know how to play their own game)... and so they had to TURN IT allll around and finally they... have a game.. that works a lot better than it did before.. but it's not my type of competitive game... Friday the 13th IS my type of game, it's the flavor we all want.. but they need to take the same strides that DBD did, get in the dirt with their players and BECOME a player, learn what excites us all, what pisses us off, and what feels really OFF in the game so they can see we're not all just full of shit..  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Gloved One said:

I also want to know about The retro-Jason revamp.Honestly wouldent mind if they paired it up with a revamped Nes Map.

I've dealt with Ea games in the past in terms of content and fixes in general ,F13 is a small fry compared to Ea's problems .

Oh yes. That is for sure. That is why I find it all the more odd that they aren't trying even half as hard as the guys over at DBD. Small studio and development team as well, yet they listen and interact more with the community and their feedback, as well as teasing new content, giving release dates, and making them. Blows my mind to be honest.

19 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

This.

3000 players could all complain about the same thing,but if those "internal testers" don't see it as a problem,it won't be addressed.

Which is why I think they should release the beta versions of each patch to about 15-20 verified members on Xbox, ps4 and pc each and have us test it on illfonic/gun servers to see how watertight each build is. Get the players who've really invested the time into the game and know it forwards and backwards and they'll give you the best assessment of what works and what doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Which is why I think they should release the beta versions of each patch to about 15-20 verified members on Xbox, ps4 and pc each and have us test it on illfonic/gun servers to see how watertight each build is. Get the players who've really invested the time into the game and know it forwards and backwards and they'll give you the best assessment of what works and what doesn't.

That is a solid idea as well...unfortunately I don't see it happening.

Been saying since day one that:

- Stalk is a joke and horribly executed. It should be Jason's most proficient and active ability, not the one with the least impact. (having Stalk unlock before sense and becoming a permanent passive would be a great direction for starters. I don't understand why this hasn't happened yet)

- Shift and Sense are some of the most lazy and poorly designed Jason abilities. (Shift should disable any Jason actions like grabbing or attacking for three seconds after he appears out of it. Sense shouldn't reveal exactly where any counselors are unless they're in full stage of fear)

- Counselors jogging outside Jason's grasp for minutes on end is one of the silliest and most repetitive things I've ever seen. (To address this the fear mechanic needs to be severely revamped to penalize those who want to hang around Jason rather than flee. Or the alternate could be giving Jason a speed boost in small increments over time when he is chasing a specific counselor like how Laphin said)

Counselors shrieking at the top of their lungs when they see Jason a mile away in STALK through the corner of their eye still hasn't been fixed yet and we're approaching a year into the game... I don't know what to say at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

That is a solid idea as well...unfortunately I don't see it happening.

Sending out 30 to 40 console test kits to community members, "verified" or not, will never happen.

The irony that Laphin is telling the devs to "get it right" after he was complicit in all the emote garbage.

Well played.

Someone else must have reported your post, Laphin. It's not really my style. I only report repeat threads so the mods can get rid of the clutter. I don't try to censor people.

3 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Sending out 30 to 40 console test kits to community members, "verified" or not, will never happen.

Listing things that will never happen seem to be the only direct communication we ever get from this team.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Listing things that will never happen seem to be the only direct communication we ever get from this team.

Lmao ding ding ding! You nailed it.

Although it is the first time I ever have been directly addressed by part of the team lol.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Been saying since day one that:

- Stalk is a joke and horribly executed. It should be Jason's most proficient and active ability, not the one with the least impact. (having Stalk unlock before sense and becoming a permanent passive would be a great direction for starters. I don't understand why this hasn't happened yet)

- Shift and Sense are some of the most lazy and poorly designed Jason abilities. (Shift should disable any Jason actions like grabbing or attacking for three seconds after he appears out of it. Sense shouldn't reveal exactly where any counselors are unless they're in full stage of fear)

- Counselors jogging outside Jason's grasp for minutes on end is one of the silliest and most repetitive things I've ever seen. (To address this the fear mechanic needs to be severely revamped to penalize those who want to hang around Jason rather than flee. Or the alternate could be giving Jason a speed boost in small increments over time when he is chasing a specific counselor like how Laphin said)

Counselors shrieking at the top of their lungs when they see Jason a mile away in STALK through the corner of their eye still hasn't been fixed yet and we're approaching a year into the game... I don't know what to say at this point.

They don´t even have to see him in stalk to scream.

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

The irony that Laphin is telling the devs to "get it right" after he was complicit in all the emote garbage.

Well played.

Someone else must have reported your post, Laphin. It's not really my style. I only report repeat threads so the mods can get rid of the clutter. I don't try to censor people.

I never promoted emotes in the game.  The only thing I promoted cosmetically for them or ever talked about on stream was them having costumes to wear FOR HALLOWEEN.  I never went around saying the characters should be able to dance over Jason or do the silly stuff that they do.  That wasn't MY idea, my dude.  Don't go trying to blame ME for the game's direction when most of the ideas I put down on the table aren't even implemented into the game yet.

• Like 1