Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Laphin said:

We do.. some of us have been waiting around 25 years for this.  Are you just gonna let it wash away, and hope you get to live your lifetime long enough to MAYBE see another one?  This is it you guys... if THIS one's never made right, you may never see Jason on screen again.   

I'm in that boat and I feel your passion. Unfortunately,it's out of our hands. It is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Laphin said:

I don't care how much THEY don't care about the game.  

We do.. some of us have been waiting around 25 years for this.  Are you just gonna let it wash away, and hope you get to live your lifetime long enough to MAYBE see another one?  This is it you guys... if THIS one's never made right, you may never see Jason on screen again.  That's a pretty big deal.  But if this game actually was spun well and the devs put a little more passion not only in the game, but their community.. they could earn WAY more money than the bullshit their earning now with whatever plans they might have for pulling out.. (don't get nasty).

This shit can be flipped for the good, and they could still be star developers.  They just need to get on it man, ..focus better.
Maybe they need to go learn a lot more about how horror entertains people and it will help them approach this all better, go talk to people in the industry and figure out what worked in the movies in terms of not the MATERIAL ITEMS (the story, jason, the characters, setting).. but learn about all the ingredients that make those things work inside the piece.. 

Once they understand that... they'll know how to make Jason work within the game and approach the mechanics with.. 'how can we build things that promote horror' within the mechanics and the way people play.. how can we pull tricks and illusions to give them this experience.  Because in the end.. scaring people is an art (not jump scares) but making someone uncomfortable, and you can give a climactic jump-scare as long as it's executed with style..  how can we put counselor players at un-ease with the other Jason player.

They should have learned a TON over the past year.... I have...  and I'm just a player.  How have they not? 

I agree on your points 100% but I just feel the devs loathe the game and community more that they are proud of it. And their blatant disregard for the experience as opposed to slapping in some cheap sims clothes and emotes shows they care more about hooking new players than trying to bring back those who left over this kind of shit in the first place. I am still of the mindset dedicated servers are a myth, and that they are trying to effectively, but on the low, kill this game so they can be done with it and move on. Just how they act, who they target for news, the demographic they are generally pandering to etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

. I am still of the mindset dedicated servers are a myth, and that they are trying to effectively, but on the low, kill this game so they can be done with it and move on. Just how they act, who they target for news, the demographic they are generally pandering to etc.

Nailed it.

And that fancy new "streaming studio" was a tax write off 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Nailed it.

And that fancy new "streaming studio" was a tax write off 😉

If not they are the most incompetent team with massive blinders on for those of us who have been wanting a F13 game like this forever. Either way the evidence seems to point to how I and many feel. And it wouldn't be the first for a company to put money before promises, integrity etc. Hell they kind of proved that with the numerous Savini fiascos and the fact after the community did the free detective work for them, they went silent @Laphin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

If not they are the most incompetent team with massive blinders on for those of us who have been wanting a F13 game like this forever. Either way the evidence seems to point to how I and many feel. And it wouldn't be the first for a company to put money before promises, integrity etc. Hell they kind of proved that with the numerous Savini fiascos and the fact after the community did the free detective work for them they went silent @Laphin

Savini fiascos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

Savini fiascos?

I think he means the times where it was accidentally released to the public on PS4/Xbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, F134Ever86 said:

Savini fiascos?

Released on psn and xbox. Never took those bought away, then the selling of codes on ebay being tied to a seasonal employee who got busted out and traced by the community. The name and evidence was handed over to the team then they went as silent as they can be. That rug they keep sweeping shit under can only hold so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Savini fiascos?

The Savini Conflict. We were beating each other with our own severed limbs..

Also don't forget the rumors about how Savini's true design was rejected and he basically just signed off on one of Gun'$ creation$.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FilthyCasual523 said:

Anyone remember that pre-alpha showcase video they did where Jason was stalking three of the counselors through Higgins? Remember how creepy that felt and how hyped it got all of us? (I'm assuming all of us, anyway...)

THAT is the direction they should go in. Maybe as a new multiplayer mode, I don't know. Just bring back what they originally promised.

They need to get off the path of catering to counselors. This is Jason's game. Hell, the ONLY reason people are hanging on is BECAUSE it's Friday The 13th. If this had remained Slasher Vol. 1: Summer Camp ... it would have died in October after the nerfs to the killer and if it managed to hang on by a thread, the final nail would have came in December with the item buffs. 

Plain and simply put ... they need to remember exactly what game it is the made here. It isn't a camp counselor simulation, it is Friday The 13th. Jason is what matters here, not the teens he slaughters.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dmack621 said:

They need to get off the path of catering to counselors. This is Jason's game. Hell, the ONLY reason people are hanging on is BECAUSE it's Friday The 13th. If this had remained Slasher Vol. 1: Summer Camp ... it would have died in October after the nerfs to the killer and if it managed to hang on by a thread, the final nail would have came in December with the item buffs. 

Plain and simply put ... they need to remember exactly what game it is the made here. It isn't a camp counselor simulation, it is Friday The 13th. Jason is what matters here, not the teens he slaughters.

Thank you! I watched these movies growing up for three things. Tits, Jason, his amazingly creative ways he killed folks. I didn't watch them to see the counselors survive. I watched them to see him murder the hell out of those teens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

 it would have died in October 

Might have died by July because I don't think the core group of "let's give them time to fix their game/indie devs" would have been so forgiving. Look at how THAT turned out...

It all comes down to how lucky they were to get that license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

Thank you! I watched these movies growing up for three things. Tits, Jason, his amazingly creative ways he killed folks. I didn't watch them to see the counselors survive. I watched them to see him murder the hell out of those teens.

I always rooted for jason. There are no other killers the audience can sympathize with. Except modern michael myers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Thank you! I watched these movies growing up for three things. Tits, Jason, his amazingly creative ways he killed folks. I didn't watch them to see the counselors survive. I watched them to see him murder the hell out of those teens.

Yes, but at the same time, you don't want them to spin this into a "Let's give them the ability to just kill counselors all the time".
Then it's just going to turn into Jason killing people all the time and the counselors have no chance.. that's NOT a good direction for the game either.  Counselors will still have a chance but it has to be because the player made smart decisions based off their own real senses of sight, sound..  and that running from Jason for a length of time will ultimately slow you down.

There has to be a balance and a dance between the two divides of Jason and Counselor to where it FEELS really nice, after having adjusted stuff.. it can't be leaning one way or the other too much, but it instead feels believable.

Or the game will once again become a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I always rooted for jason. There are no other killers the audience can sympathize with. Except modern michael myers.

My feelings on the Halloween remake aside,I think sympathy was lost when he did Danny Trejo like that 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I always rooted for jason. There are no other killers the audience can sympathize with. Except modern michael myers.

Thank you! Or the original leatherface who was a lackey and whipping boy for his family. Although after part 2(original) the franchise just killed itself with horrible continuity and making the killer the butt of a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I strongly agree that Jason needs his character integrity back, but there also needs to be a balance when it comes to competition. It's a 7 v 1 asymmetrical survival horror game after all. It's competitive by it's very nature. How many matches have you played against inexperienced Jason players that got trolled and beat on for 20 minutes? How many Jason rounds have you played where you swept a lobby full of inexperienced counselors with little effort? Competitive balance has it's place, most notably in matchmaking. Games of a competitive nature are best enjoyed when played against other players of a similar skill.

All that being said, competition doesn't matter at all if the experience itself isn't memorable or rewarding. Right now it's neither. It's easy to recall experiences where the competition wasn't balanced. Who here can remember having a thrilling game where you felt like you were in the movie? Which experience is more common? Right now the game is missing the "magic" that made the movies so special. I think that's what Laphin is alluding to. Without question there's work that needs to be done to make the gameplay more suspenseful , to make the chases more thrilling and to make the combat more visceral.

At the end of the day, if we don't get the "magic" back, all of the content in the world won't mean shit.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

Thank you! Or the original leatherface who was a lackey and whipping boy for his family. Although after part 2(original) the franchise just killed itself with horrible continuity and making the killer the butt of a joke.

Texas Chainsaw 2 is by far my favorite in the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Laphin said:

Yes, but at the same time, you don't want them to spin this into a "Let's give them the ability to just kill counselors all the time".
Then it's just going to turn into Jason killing people all the time and the counselors have no chance.. that's NOT a good direction for the game either.  Counselors will still have a chance but it has to be because the player made smart decisions based off their own real senses of sight, sound..  and that running from Jason for a length of time will ultimately slow you down.

There has to be a balance and a dance between the two divides of Jason and Counselor to where it FEELS really nice, after having adjusted stuff.. it can't be leaning one way or the other too much, but it instead feels believable.

Or the game will once again become a mess.

No I agree 100%. It can't be verbatim like the movie, but to make him a force to fear again, like with a lot of your suggestions, would help to go a long way in bringing that element back, while not shitting on Jason and the franchise.

Just now, gyaaft said:

I strongly agree that Jason needs his character integrity back, but there also needs to be a balance when it comes to competition. It's a 7 v 1 asymmetrical survival horror game after all. It's competitive by it's very nature. How many matches have you played against inexperienced Jason players that got trolled and beat on for 20 minutes? How many Jason rounds have you played where you swept a lobby full of inexperienced counselors with little effort? Competitive balance has it's place, most notably in matchmaking. Games of a competitive nature are best enjoyed when played against other players of a similar skill.

All that being said, competition doesn't matter at all if the experience itself isn't memorable or rewarding. Right now it's neither. It's easy to recall experiences where the competition wasn't balanced. Who here can remember having a thrilling game where you felt like you were in the movie? Which experience is more common? Right now the game is missing the "magic" that made the movies so special. I think that's what Laphin is illuding to. Without question there's work that needs to be done to make the gameplay more suspenseful , to make the chases more thrilling and to make the combat more viceral.

At the end of the day, if we don't get the "magic" back, all of the content in the world won't mean shit.
 

Exactly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Laphin said:

A lot of people complain on this forum,

The REASON why people aren't playing your game isn't because of dedicated servers and all this stuff you guys are supposedly keeping STATS on preciously... it's because your mechanics are janky, amateur, and unattended... and Jason is not suspenseful.

Alot of people complain on all forums...  And Jason being suspenseful is on the Jason player.  

I disagree with alot of what you're saying.. But i do agree with some other things you do say.

But some of the most Janky Amateur game mechanics i've ever seen goes to GTA, Pubg, Fortnite  and those games have millions of players..

F13th is a basically game owned by many but played causally by most.  Its not a game where you can play for 5-6 hours every night for a year without getting bored of it.  Its a game that best played in small doses.    Most of the people i know play for a few hours a week.
 

Of course another reason is people are dumb.  They'll play anything thats hyped up on Twitch or some other random popular streamer that over hypes and badly acts just how much they love a certain game.  We live in the age of lemmings...

Basically F13th would get a million people playing if they get the right lemming herder pushing everyone in this general direction.  Fortnite is a testament to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol his reply was deleted before I could even see it. Must have been colorful.

I dunno...is this thread really anything we haven't already said over and over for the last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lol his reply was deleted before I could even see it. Must have been colorful.

I dunno...is this thread really anything we haven't already said over and over for the last year?

Well im here... and im naked.

 

Thats gotta spice things up a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I always rooted for jason. There are no other killers the audience can sympathize with. Except modern michael myers.

You´re right , but modern Michael Myers? I thought he is the pure evil , how can you sympathize with that (I´ve only watched One and Two).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

 

I dunno...is this thread really anything we haven't already said over and over for the last year?

That's what I don't understand,along with others who offer ideas and suggestions that would completely revamp the game.

This isn't early access,as confusing as that may be to some. The game is FINISHED. The mechanics are FINISHED. The meta is established already. It's almost been out a year and if you have been following the game that long you know that nothing game changing is coming. It's why I keep going back to "It is what it is."

No one is going to be the white knight with the golden idea that saves this game. The money has already been made. They completed the only goal that mattered to them. A successful Kickstarter campaign.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

That's what I don't understand,along with others who offer ideas and suggestions that would completely revamp the game.

This isn't early access,as confusing as that may be to some. The game is FINISHED. The mechanics are FINISHED. The meta is established already. It's almost been out a year and if you have been following the game that long you know that nothing game changing is coming. It's why I keep going back to "It is what it is."

No one is going to be the white knight with the golden idea that saves this game. The money has already been made.

 

I think the game can be improved to a satisfactory level with all the current mechanics. Maybe add a few new escape methods over the next year, new maps, new counselors..etc.

I don't think a lot of stuff needs to be completely redesigned like Laphin and some others suggest.

The stuff I mentioned above, a bug free game, and swapping Sense/Stalk would address most of what people (realistically) want.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

I strongly agree that Jason needs his character integrity back, but there also needs to be a balance when it comes to competition. It's a 7 v 1 asymmetrical survival horror game after all. It's competitive by it's very nature. How many matches have you played against inexperienced Jason players that got trolled and beat on for 20 minutes? How many Jason rounds have you played where you swept a lobby full of inexperienced counselors with little effort? Competitive balance has it's place, most notably in matchmaking. Games of a competitive nature are best enjoyed when played against other players of a similar skill.

All that being said, competition doesn't matter at all if the experience itself isn't memorable or rewarding. Right now it's neither. It's easy to recall experiences where the competition wasn't balanced. Who here can remember having a thrilling game where you felt like you were in the movie? Which experience is more common? Right now the game is missing the "magic" that made the movies so special. I think that's what Laphin is illuding to. Without question there's work that needs to be done to make the gameplay more suspenseful , to make the chases more thrilling and to make the combat more viceral.

At the end of the day, if we don't get the "magic" back, all of the content in the world won't mean shit.
 

Exxaaaaactly...   how I feel in a nutshell.  When Illfonic learns how to apply the magic correctly and they get it right, all they can do is go uphill from there.  Once they it, everything they create after that moment will only be cherry on top for all time, which would send this game into extreme success.  RESOUNDING success.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×