IMO, they should bring back the first pocket knife stun, like in the beta and during the first 2-3 Months, this is a cheap shot at getting the mask off, and activating the Sweater.

Think about this scenario, you tried keeping your mask on, you're doing good, but then Tommy, and the Sweater Girl, both have two pocket knifes, if you grab one of them they will be saved, if a pocket knife has been used, you'll be demasked, if you slash, you will be punished, and then when your mask, is knocked off, they let you grab one of them, just so, the sweater Girl, can safely, use the sweater on Jason, then Tommy, knocks you on your knees, in quick succession, boom, you're dead. 

4 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

No word on chain stunning.

Cool news nonetheless. Thanks.

12 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

@[IllFonic]Courier With yesterday's news of the removal of hitting Jason through doors, many have begun speculating  what that means for door combat in general...Will Jason still be able to take down doors in Combat Stance to avoid the "free" stun that occurs when using the default animation? Or is there a chance that the window of Jason vulnerability will be removed while using the default animation?

Same goes for Rage...the "free" stun in that moment is especially odd, given Jason is blasting through a door like the kool aid man.

I'm fine with the slower default animation (compared to CS) taking down doors - as long as I'm not locked into getting stunned after because of it. After all, that's how counselors are supposed to be able to regain stamina...Hitting Jason to regain stamina is meant for "high risk, high reward" situations when he's on you between cabins or if the cabin doors are already gone late game.

Hopefully this is something you can go into a little detail about. Could even just let us know how you feel about the free stuns in general...Are they there for balance? Etc...

Oh god combat stance door questions ... it’s coming man. You don’t have to open up this can of worms for all of this wild speculation, the next thing they will do is take it away. Which would basically destroy the game for me.

Simple logic tells me instakilling a wall or door and leaving yourself locked in animation for a possible free stun is the trade off. That’s what myself and everyone I have ever talked to have always thought anyway. 

Hitting Jason through the door is more viable than just wasting his time. It triggers more than half the players which causes them to make bad decisions like ignoring audio cues. Most players don't try to counter it at all and continue to get stunned and they waste more than enough time for anything to get fixed.

If you get caught in that with at least 3 other skilled and communicative counselors on the team, you're gonna have a shitty round. 

But if you successfully counter it, then you can all of a sudden feel their spirit break and you turn the tide, like Prime did back in 86. 

I don't think hitting through doors should have been completely removed. I think being able to stun Jason by connecting with his body through a sizable crack in the door, with a bat or long enough weapon, would have been a much better solution. 
It's something that you always see in horror movies, mostly chopping at a hand breaking through a door, but I say door combat was the suitable homage to that. It's the closest we can get to adding that trope. The concept doesn't weaken or stretch Jason's character. It's fun. It's like a little mini game if you wanna time it out with the counselor, or you can side swipe the door and be done with it.
What's funny is I bet we'll still see weapons clip through the doors, even though they don't do anything.  

The rest of the free stuns gotta go though.
The post PK stun is out (this one is obvious)
Raging through doors needs invulnerability frames. Don't worry, they'll get over it.
And now we're definitely gonna need invulnerability frames after breaking down a door. It's gonna be hard to put a hand up to block when it's being held now. 

15 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Not trying to antagonize here at all, but that isn't cheating. That is learning a game and its timing. Its a skill. Therefore, not cheating.

Just as hitting through doors wasn't cheating. Maybe not bad ass or fair, but not cheating. It required perfect timing and swinging. It was a combat skill. And a bullshit way to take a mask off. 

Great question alder. I have seen other people asking the same thing in other threads. Personally, I will be disappointed if we cant, but without a free hit I am comfortable with it the change. Since they didnt mention anything about it, I doubt this is getting changed. If they are going to have changes on both sides of door combat then I bet this is first to go as some cry Jason can take a door down too quick.

My biggest issue with this kind of hit is Jason can't defend or avoid at all. That's why I find ridiculous.

Hitting through doors is pathetic too (and it's even possible to hit through closed doors, I saw it happening). But at least Jason can avoid this by breaking from a different angle or from a longer distance.

4 minutes ago, AJViolet said:

My biggest issue with this kind of hit is Jason can't defend or avoid at all. That's why I find ridiculous.

Hitting through doors is pathetic too (and it's even possible to hit through closed doors, I saw it happening). But at least Jason can avoid this by breaking from a different angle or from a longer distance.

I do totally agree with you, trust me. It annoys the Dickens out of me. I was just saying it isnt necessarily cheating. Its just lame bullshit.  

On the closed doors, I have seen Jason get stunned through cabin walls. The likelihood of the latter happening is like 0%, but if people practiced it enough they could make it happen. The thing is the parts of the cabin inside and outside have to match up, meaning there cant be a bookshelf or something inside in the way as well as outside theee cant be any wheelbarrows or anything.

• Like 1

I don't think this change will affect combat stancing doors.I'm no coder or programmer but I would think they'd have to redo the combat system in order to remove that feature.I don't think that is going to happen. I could be wrong. This is going to be a pretty substantial buff to Jason.There will be no danger of the mask coming off or stunning anymore breaking down doors.On the flip side counselors who dare be near the door will suffer the consequences.

1 hour ago, Dead Meme said:

@WashingtonJones, did they say anything about the double PK stun, or just anything involving invulnerability frames?

No but my wording did suggest that it was official. I was speculating.

As someone who plays primarily as a counselor, I'm actually glad this is being removed.  I have hit Jason through doors and it takes no skill whatsoever to do, and it made taking his mask off way too easy.  Being able to hit him through damaged doors didn't bother me that much, but it was really stupid to be able to hit Jason through doors that were solid and not damaged.  Taking this out is just a small step to limit the trolling of Jason and I'm ok with that.  Anything that makes being a counselor more challenging I support.  

• Like 1

If Jason cannot be hit through doors, and cannot hit through doors himself, it gives counselors time, that's an advantage.

If they correct it so that Jason cannot take damage or be stunned during the animation, either while in rage or not, that again buys counselors time and is an advantage. It will be an even greater disadvantage to Jason if he can still take hits while performing the action.

Jason players are going to have to consider when it's worth taking the roughly 5 seconds to do so because that's going to be giving counselors time to grab a weapon, create distance, or recover stamina. 

Counselors can be a little smarter about possibly utilizing bear traps, or, heaven help us - begin shutting and locking doors again.

Players will adjust and life will go on.

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

I think what the developers are doing is pushing the game in to the area that better represents how they want the game played. 

The primary goal for counselors is to escape. 

We have a game right now, when in QP, it is the norm for players not to lock doors, not to avoid jason, not to escape when the police arrive, not to take parts to objectives, etc. 

If players lose all their "free" shots on Jason, so be it. It's Jason. When the game starts go and find what you need to escape. If you aren't repairing then assist the counselors who are. Get smarter about playing as a counselor.

IMO, I think this is what they're doing and it'll be better for the overall health of the game. 

Wait stop the argument for a moment, and read this again. This is good, useful, objective. Who are you and what have you done with @DasMurich?

• Haha 2

I've reviewed this thread and it's been derailed by two particular users who've decided to partake in a flame war. I'm going to re-open it for now, but there is to be no more arguing.

Edit: Thread has also been cleaned up.

43 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I've reviewed this thread and it's been derailed by two particular users who've decided to partake in a flame war. I'm going to re-open it for now, but there is to be no more arguing.

Good stuff Sir! Thanks for shutting that down, then opening the conversation for rational discussion. Right on point! The free stuns can go away, especially the raging through a door BS. I've never understood that, I mean Jason is prepared to bull right through a door. Yet after he's through, he's open to a free stun? That one should go. The pocket knife one is super cheesy too, but that one has more of a chance to counter.

43 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Finally!

The free stuns can go away, especially the raging through a door BS. I've never understood that, I mean Jason is prepared to bull right through a door. Yet after he's through, he's open to a free stun? That one should go. The pocket knife one is super cheesy too, but that one has more of a chance to counter.

Yeah! That is how this thread should look like!

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 10:35 AM, AldermachXI said:

@[IllFonic]Courier With yesterday's news of the removal of hitting Jason through doors, many have begun speculating  what that means for door combat in general...Will Jason still be able to take down doors in Combat Stance to avoid the "free" stun that occurs when using the default animation? Or is there a chance that the window of Jason vulnerability will be removed while using the default animation?

Same goes for Rage...the "free" stun in that moment is especially odd, given Jason is blasting through a door like the kool aid man.

I'm fine with the slower default animation (compared to CS) taking down doors - as long as I'm not locked into getting stunned after because of it. After all, that's how counselors are supposed to be able to regain stamina...Hitting Jason to regain stamina is meant for "high risk, high reward" situations when he's on you between cabins or if the cabin doors are already gone late game.

Hopefully this is something you can go into a little detail about. Could even just let us know how you feel about the free stuns in general...Are they there for balance? Etc...

Hopefully you'll get an answer on this sometime, I would like to hear their opinions on this topic. I myself like the door combat. I don't go for the unbroken door shots, just think that's cheesy. Same for windows, if it's open and I can get it imma go for it. I would like to see them add a higher % chance to avoid a stun while enraged. I mean, Jason is a highly pissed off mentally challenged ogre at that point.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Good stuff Sir! Thanks for shutting that down, then opening the conversation for rational discussion. Right on point! The free stuns can go away, especially the raging through a door BS. I've never understood that, I mean Jason is prepared to bull right through a door. Yet after he's through, he's open to a free stun? That one should go. The pocket knife one is super cheesy too, but that one has more of a chance to counter.

Actually, it makes sense that he’s open to a free stun. Jason is blinded by the rage, so he won’t be expecting someone to hit him with a baseball bat right after he gets through the door.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gustly said:

Actually, it makes sense that he’s open to a free stun. Jason is blinded by the rage, so he won’t be expecting someone to hit him with a baseball bat right after he gets through the door.

Fair enough, at the end of the animation I can see where you're coming from. But enraged, he should shrug off stuns quickly and have a higher % chance to avoid it entirely. I've worked with mentally challenged people, when they get pissed off they are like freaking tanks! Lol

• Thanks 1

But that was all the fun!

I hope this update will come as late as possible. As I already said we're gonna regret the game as it is now. Too many changes at once...

14 minutes ago, Hancove said:

But that was all the fun!

I hope this update will come as late as possible. As I already said we're gonna regret the game as it is now. Too many changes at once...

This I disagree with. Just by looking at the polls and a lot of reactions, there are quite a number of us who want the door hits gone. I can't wait personally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

This I disagree with. Just by looking at the polls and a lot of reactions, there are quite a number of us who want the door hits gone. I can't wait personally.

I get that. If a lot of people didn't like it it's ok. It wasn't even realistic... You have a point. 
But well, I really enjoy that when it's not possible to cooperate with others and you just have to survive. :)

6 hours ago, Hancove said:

I get that. If a lot of people didn't like it it's ok. It wasn't even realistic... You have a point. 
But well, I really enjoy that when it's not possible to cooperate with others and you just have to survive. :)

I cant blame you. This tactic has saved me numerous times at the beginning of a match. Hopping between the first couple of cabins and getting a few cheap hits in. Annoying Jason so much he morphs away to trap another objective. 

I have also been demasked in just a couple hits by an Adam with an axe before I even had shift because of this tactic though. 

At this point whatever changes they make I have to deal with and adapt to. 

• Like 2