ShiftySamurai

Weapon Selection Unlock Level

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@The Wolf with that Toast I actually enjoyrrunning through the bots and using them to test different ideas, I'm aware that some people find it boring though. 

They are fun , don´t get me wrong but only with a mix of online. These 25 Level were pretty tedious with no challenege.....especially those damn Level 100 Levels....they take ages.

6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This is hands down the worst feature to come from current video games ever.

pay to play after purchasing a video game needs to die.

I perfer the unlock as you progress method,

We're no longer in the era of cartridge or disc games where what the developer ships is all there is.

For a game to have active, ongoing development there has to be a compensation beyond the initial sale. Otherwise you are actually asking the developers to keep working a year past release for "free." Bills still got to get paid.

DLC (not including the $100 of "launch day" bilking some big studios do) is a way to game developers to expand and fund the ongoing development. Used right, DLC is literally a way for developers to simply add more content and get return on investment. And if you don't want the DLC, you aren't forced to buy it, nothing changes about what you already own.

If they started adding new weapons and kills (predicated on the ability to swap them out), then they would have to bring someone in to do more mocap, animators to tweak the mocap, and artists to render the weapons and effects. That's not even counting the "little people" who come up with the ideas and help move them to actual product.

Unlock systems are fine as part of the base game design, but it's unreasonable to expect companies to continuously release new content gated solely by it.

You don't "unlock" dessert when eating out by consuming everything on your plate first. You buy it separate if you want it (no restrictions).

4 hours ago, ikarikh said:

And you calling anyone who is 150 a no lifer living in their mother's basement is somehow better?

I work full time and have a life and responsibilities. I also DID NOT play on most of the double xp events and have taken multiple breaks from the game.

I still hit 150 about a month ago.

If you don't want to invest time in the game, that's fine. But insulting people who do as having no life makes you worse than the people you're bitching about.

I have put my time into the game, champ. I've been playing whenever possible since launch, and I've only gotten to level 70 so far. 

Again, I have a full time job and a family. My life doesn't revolve around video games,  and I don't have the luxury of sitting around all day every day playing them.

4 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

That´s right , man.

Only in your opinion.

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

You can do the post 100 levels in about a hour per level if you use Packanack small and a running Jason.

Definitely takes a lot longer than an hour to go up 13 levels in Bots.

6 hours ago, jsabsd said:

We're no longer in the era of cartridge or disc games where what the developer ships is all there is.

For a game to have active, ongoing development there has to be a compensation beyond the initial sale. Otherwise you are actually asking the developers to keep working a year past release for "free." Bills still got to get paid.

DLC (not including the $100 of "launch day" bilking some big studios do) is a way to game developers to expand and fund the ongoing development. Used right, DLC is literally a way for developers to simply add more content and get return on investment. And if you don't want the DLC, you aren't forced to buy it, nothing changes about what you already own.

If they started adding new weapons and kills (predicated on the ability to swap them out), then they would have to bring someone in to do more mocap, animators to tweak the mocap, and artists to render the weapons and effects. That's not even counting the "little people" who come up with the ideas and help move them to actual product.

Unlock systems are fine as part of the base game design, but it's unreasonable to expect companies to continuously release new content gated solely by it.

You don't "unlock" dessert when eating out by consuming everything on your plate first. You buy it separate if you want it (no restrictions).

Good post with solid points, my main gripe with dlc that is pay to play has nothing to do with extra kills/ game modes or cosmetic issues that are optional if it doesn’t effect the main game it is fine.

I was talking about dlc that is out there for games that require you to purchase items to be able to upgrade your character or characters just in order to stand a chance against others.....it’s turning into a landscape of who ever dumps the most money into DLC will be the winner.

I have no issues with extra content that doesn’t effect the main game ( cosmetics, extra levels items that don’t change the the landscape of how the main game works or isn’t required . )

but when you are buying extra content that makes it easier against your opponents or feels like it is needed just to survive in a match that is the kind of dlc/ pay to play that is in current gaming that needs to go away.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

@bewareofbears A hour per level. 

A hour per Level? nah. If you cut the power , trap someone and only do environmentals , it won´t take that Long. And only running Jasons and Packanack , will get tedious pretty fast. I used mainly Part IX for that , great shift and normal Morph is great and -traps aren´t an issue offline.

Only in your opinion.

Calling every 150 Players a no lifer living in their mother's Basement , is like saying every German is a nazi.

Sorry for double-posting.

Edited by The Wolf with that Toast
double-post realization

thanks for the early announcement guys. other people would have waited ages after the original announcement and gotten everybodys hopes up before crushing them with a huge level unlock requirement, but you guys are the awesome devs as usual and dont disappoint :) 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

thanks for the early announcement guys. other people would have waited ages after the original announcement and gotten everybodys hopes up before crushing them with a huge level unlock requirement, but you guys are the awesome devs as usual and dont disappoint :) 

tenor.gif

I mean just do what I'm about to do to this Chad

qYkFYlO.jpg

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Send him to GIF heaven?

No, take him to the wood shed and offer him some hot spice burrito 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

No, take him to the wood shed and offer him some hot spice burrito 

No enchiladas?!?!

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

No enchiladas?!?!

Those are Fridays, today is Spicy burrito day. 

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Those are Fridays, today is Spicy burrito day. 

I think I might get taco bell for dinner...

@Ghostboy20 sometimes your gifs play in slo-mo the first time while they load. This one was extra funny because of that, then even funnier when it sped up to normal.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

@Ghostboy20 sometimes your gifs play in slo-mo the first time while they load. This one was extra funny because of that, then even funnier when it sped up to normal.

Literally my exact thought

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Lol that's awesome. Glad I can brighten peoples days 

snlgt.gif

• Like 1

That one didn't do it...