ShiftySamurai

Weapon Selection Unlock Level

lots of people have a lot of time in the game and still aren't that level, but no one is asking for it not be level locked, just not as high. And why would people want to grind right now, the game is borked and will be for the foreseeable future, it sucks to see the same glitches game after game, many of which are game breaking, like the items spawning where you can't reach them, or the rubberbanding. Plus if you grind it will probably take 2/3x as long with the host situation. people could grind offline but the bots suck and gets boring and real tedious real quick.

This should be reward for the players who've stuck with the game since the broken launch to the delayed patches to the months without updates. Hell it's not like you guys couldn't reconsider, lots of games do that, look at battlefront2, or destiny 2. Listen to you fan base this is pretty much the one time where you have the majority of people agreeing and being pretty civil, and reasonable with what they are asking. This is your chance to be the gun everyone was praising before the game came out

Putting in my vote to knock the level achievement for this down to 50 or even just make it a standard feature. 

Not really sure as to why this feature is so high. 

I am saying this as a level 105 too. I don't have that far to go, but I'm not in the mood for multiple all-day gamin sessions until the update is ready / there is a double XP weekend. 

Yeah, I'm going to have to disapprove of this choice. There is a huge void between 50-99 that has nothing for either Jason or the Counselors. Granted, I'm level 93 but still. The last Jason to be unlocked is at 44, the last Counselor is at 18, so there is nothing in terms of content until the late 90's. And now this mildly game changing feature isn't even available to people until they grind the void levels up to 113. I hope they reconsider the level before the release.

• Like 4

I'd be annoyed by this if I was far from 113 and had been looking forward to this feature.

The thought of having to level up say 50-60 times to be able to use the weapon swapping feature once it's implemented would piss me off. 

Then again, some of the people complaining are probably the type who leave every match the second they die (or mid-kill).

In my experience of playing on all three platforms these sorts of players are especially prevalent on PC, and needless to say I don't feel bad for players like that. 

And some of the posts on reddit about "I've played 738 hours and I'm only level 4 ? " suggest they're either not very good at the game or don't really care to finish matches.

I made my current PS4 account in mid-November last year (after playing the game on my original account since Day 1, where I got to 101 by around August) and was level 150 by around the start of this year.

This being the only game I actually play 98% of the time has a bit to do with that, but so does consistently getting a good amount of XP per round. Repairing everything and ruining Jason's day with bats/shotguns/flares/traps/firecrackers helps with that.

Killing Jason is pretty common nowadays also, so lots of lobbies that go on for a few hours will have a few matches where everyone (except poor dejected Jason) gets a 500 XP bonus.

And obviously offline bots is an incredibly easy (albeit tedious) way of leveling up faster.  

I've seen others level up even quicker than I did, and on their first accounts where they didn't have the prior experience with the game that I had.

People who love the game and stick with it level up much quicker than those who could take it or leave it I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tinysquirrel said:

I'd be annoyed by this if I was far from 113 and had been looking forward to this feature.

The thought of having to level up say 50-60 times to be able to use the weapon swapping feature once it's implemented would piss me off. 

Then again, some of the people complaining are probably the type who leave every match the second they die (or mid-kill).

In my experience of playing on all three platforms these sorts of players are especially prevalent on PC, and needless to say I don't feel bad for players like that. 

And some of the posts on reddit about "I've played 738 hours and I'm only level 4 ? " suggest they're either not very good at the game or don't really care to finish matches.

I made my current PS4 account in mid-November last year (after playing the game on my original account since Day 1, where I got to 101 by around August) and was level 150 by around the start of this year.

This being the only game I actually play 98% of the time has a bit to do with that, but so does consistently getting a good amount of XP per round. Repairing everything and ruining Jason's day with bats/shotguns/flares/traps/firecrackers helps with that.

Killing Jason is pretty common nowadays also, so lots of lobbies that go on for a few hours will have a few matches where everyone (except poor dejected Jason) gets a 500 XP bonus.

And obviously offline bots is an incredibly easy (albeit tedious) way of leveling up faster.  

I've seen others level up even quicker than I did, and on their first accounts where they didn't have the prior experience with the game that I had.

People who love the game and stick with it level up much quicker than those who could take it or leave it I guess.

Well  , it took me 6-7 months to get to Level 126 (playing daily and whenever I could) ....and I am going  to repeat that again on PC , but with the Knowledge I gathered , it shouldn´t take that Long.

I'll give you one good reason why this should just be a standard feature: The ability to sell new weapon/kill DLCs without the need to create a new Jason. I'll throw money at new ways to kill, but not if I can't actually use them. So in addition to disappointing the vast majority of the fan base, it's a really bad business decision going forward.

I was looking forward to this feature more than any other. I'm a year in, 200 hours logged, and just level 80. I've spent the past few months talking about how much more fun it will be to pair favorite Jason's with their actual on-screen weapons. This really dumb decision to level lock what should be a basic feature is just a senseless slap in the face.

• Like 2

I think a very high level, plz down this ?. Im level 81 or 82 and i dont wanna play Roy with this ridiculous scissors anymore

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HuDawg said:

After talking about this to a few friends, it sounded as if was breaking their heats telling them this.  :(.   They where so excited for this.  ...

Literally how it felt to tell everyone in my group that Paranoia was canceled put on hold.

14 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

@FrenchFriedPotaters i don't like that idea tbh.

Jason wearing sharp claws? I think Freddy Kruger suits those better.

The kills are nice, just remove the claws and add different weapons. I think they would be sold kills.

What about a scythe? Would that fit Jason or is that too "Grim Reaper" gimmicky? (lol)

@ShiftySamurai

Is it possible that if you own Savini, will the other Jasons use the pitchfork, EVEN THOUGH you own him?

Oh also, let's say you're playing as Part 3. Since he has weapon strength and you choose the fire ax, will you still have the weapon strength?

Bought the game twice on PS4. Digital and hard copy. Digital bought day one. Also got it for Xbox one. I'm only level 92. No way in hell will we ever get to 113 to use this feature. I've been holding off playing until the update and I guess now I'll just let it gather dust on the shelf. Thanks 

This is just a terrible and pointless design decision. If you're going to lock such a trivial feature behind any sort of requirement, at least make it the reward for completing all of the single-player challenges.

• Like 1

@ShiftySamurai thanks for the response, one more question, with the weapon swap feature are the weapons that swap for Savini Jason going to have a Hell version appearance to them like a fire machete, or Flame axe/ pick axe, if not this would be a very cool idea to incorporate.

8 hours ago, Mehtevas69 said:

Bought the game twice on PS4. Digital and hard copy. Digital bought day one. Also got it for Xbox one. I'm only level 92. No way in hell will we ever get to 113 to use this feature. I've been holding off playing until the update and I guess now I'll just let it gather dust on the shelf. Thanks 

Start grinding in off line you will be there before you know it.

I just don't understand the thought process for this high of a level in order to unlock the weapon swap. What is the reason that we must level up that high just to weapon swap for single player challenges and offline bots? I thought that Gun and Illfonic wanted to make the single player challenges fun for us. Wes even stated in the live stream that they can't wait for us to get our hands on them and try them out. Unfortunately, it makes zero sense to make us level up in order to swap weapons for single player modes that will affect no other human players. Please give us an explanation as to the thinking behind this decision. If you want to do this for multiplayer, I get that. I'm guessing that they want lower level and new players to have something to grind for, so that they will continue to play the game. Although, it is unnecessary since most of us that are still playing are diehard F13 fans and will play the game regardless. Please rethink this decision and at least allow the single player challenges and offline bots to have weapon swap unlocked immediately. That way, we will be able to enjoy those modes the way they were meant to be.     

• Like 2

On 5/11/2018 at 4:02 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Quick Update: Jason Weapon Selection unlocks at level 113. Jason Strengths and Weaknesses are tied to Jason and not weapons. 

wtf, that's bullshit! why do i have to grind to 113 to use a feature that should have been in from day one?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dmack621 said:

Tell me again what game starts you out with everything (that's NOT using a cheat code)? I'll wait.

good point 

19 hours ago, dmack621 said:

Tell me again what game starts you out with everything (that's NOT using a cheat code)? I'll wait.

Games , where they take it away after 15 minutes gameplay , like Metroid Prime 2 , I think Castlevania : Symphony of the Night ,...

The problem isn't the level lock in my view, it's the level of the lock combined with the fact that you get them all at once. They should be spread out to encourage players to try them out, for a period of levels. They should be steady rewards that encourage grinding by making it a process to get them all. With it this way, it's all or nothing, I think it makes more sense the other way.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The problem isn't the level lock in my view, it's the level of the lock combined with the fact that you get them all at once. They should be spread out to encourage players to try them out, for a period of levels. They should be steady rewards that encourage grinding by making it a process to get them all. With it this way, it's all or nothing, I think it makes more sense the other way.

That is a good Idea.

Utterly disappointed I was hyped for the weapon swaps, I’ve played all weekend and have only advanced 4 level, I’m 78 now, I’m never going to be able to use the awesome feature as I work, I guess my only choice would be to play a double xp weekend from start to finish without eating, please consider lowering the level cap. 

I think  justifies high levels for cosmetics, but not for weapons. Reduce level to 50- 70 plz

1 hour ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

this is bullshit, I will never have that level, I have a job I am 69 already

Yeah, I just got to level 70 myself yesterday after an hour and a half of bot grinding, and I've been playing from day one. 70% of my online matches end in the host quitting or connection error. This is such nonsense, gating worthwhile content behind such an absurd level so that the majority of the people who play this game will never get to use it.

How many people do they really expect to make it past even level 50? Gun media knows most of it's player's have lives/other, better games, right? We can't all sit around all day everyday grinding bots til we hit level 150.

This should have been gun media's way of making things up to us for all the bullshit shit that we've had to endure so far, but instead it's just another middle finger from gun media.

First, the game launches in a completely unplayable state, then they start giving us content patches that fixes as many things as it breaks.

Then they give us stupid costumes that no one asked for and dance emotes that increase trolling by 200 %

Then they promise us that they'll turn retro Jason into a real Jason and never bother to actual deliver while they hope we all just forget.

And then they tease us with paranoia mode and cancel it a month or so later.

And then they tease up yet again with Jason X, only to announce a few weeks later that all current content will be put on hold for while they update their mess of a game engine, which promised to magically fix everything wrong with the game.

And from then on, every thursday, like clockwork, they announce all the "great" stuff that they have been working on along the engine update, making it take three times longer than necessary and instantly betraying their word. 

After four months and counting of anxiously and patiently waiting, they reveal the engine update to us, and we discover it makes zero difference whatsoever, save for darkening their broken, bad joke of a game.

What took them four months, capcom could have done in four minutes. 

They couldn't work on the Jason X content because of the engine update, but they somehow were able to work on more dance emotes for trolls to dance atop of me with after knocking me over with a bat. 

No one else finds it odd that busting your ass on the single player challenges unlocks dance emotes for the counselors instead of new kills for Jason? In what world does that make any damn sense?

Again, weapon swapping, which would have made for a grand apology, now stands as yet another middle from gun media.

Makes me wonder why they haven't revealed what level Victoria unlocks at. How many damn hours of grinding bots am I going to have to endure just for the "privilege" of playing as a damn blonde in this game? 

• Like 4