ShiftySamurai

Weapon Selection Unlock Level

13 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

only a crazy person would still play this game at this point, I wanted to wait until the update to play but with these news I will not be able to enjoy the update because of my lvl, that really sucks, and I play since the beta finished

Well , I sure am crazy and will still Play this game like I did before.

5 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , I sure am crazy and will still Play this game like I did before.

good for you, but not me, I´m bored

• Haha 1

There is way to much instant gratification going on in here!

The I Need it now crowd has gotten out of control.

I sympathize with all of you and understand the feeling of “ it is going to take forever to get to that level.”

however we are all in the same boat, there are a lot of features in this game that require you to grind at it ..... Tommy tapes / Pamela tapes badges, blooody skins all examples of things meant to keep us all playing otherwise the game will die.

I will say this at least this is a feature we have all wanted since before release!!!! 

Not emotes! not Halloween costumes!

We all had no problem working on leveling up before the developers announced the weapon swap feature with the upgrade to the engine,  and that was to get bloody Jason skins and outfit patterns for counselors.

At least we have a real reason to grind instead of cosmetic it’s a gameplay feature that may improve the Jason you prefer to play instead of the one you may be forced to play because this ones weapon is better ..etc.

My point is keep playing!!!

off-line , on-line !! What ever you perfer the satisfaction of unlocking something that may make the game more fun will be worth it.

• Like 2

We announced Victoria as a level 42 unlock the same day we announced her, didn't we?

Also, thank you for all of the feedback.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We announced Victoria as a level 42 unlock the same day we announced her, didn't we?

Hey shifty, any chance Savini Jason weapon swaps will have hell version skins like the trident?

example : burning fire machete? Flaming axe etc...etc...

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

There is way to much instant gratification going on in here!

The I Need it now crowd has gotten out of control.

We all had no problem working on leveling up before the developers announced the weapon swap feature with the upgrade to the engine,  and that was to get bloody Jason skins and outfit patterns for counselors.

I say people like you have gotten out of control.   Most people don't play games like second jobs.  And for some reason, you have actually convinced yourself that content should be gated by a white bar.   If you buy car and the car dealership says "Sorry bub, you can't switch radio stations till you drive 100 000 miles"  Are you just gonna shut up and drive?

And i've always hated leveling up in this game.  ALWAYS.   Id rather pay up front with cash and just get it ASAP instead of grinding and being annoyed. All the while not having fun because all i care about is leveling.  You can call instant gratification all you want.   I don't got time this shit.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

We all had no problem working on leveling up before the developers announced the weapon swap feature with the upgrade to the engine,  and that was to get bloody Jason skins and outfit patterns for counselors.it.

I bitched about it then, too.

My problem isn't the high level, it's only having high level unlocks with no meaningful mid tier rewards.

17 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I say people like you have gotten out of control.   Most people don't play games like second jobs.  And for some reason, you have actually convinced yourself that content should be gated by a white bar.   If you buy car and the car dealership says "Sorry bub, you can't switch radio stations till you drive 100 000 miles"  Are you just gonna shut up and drive?

And i've always hated leveling up in this game.  ALWAYS.   Id rather pay up front with cash and just get it ASAP instead of grinding and being annoyed. All the while not having fun because all i care about is leveling.  You can call instant gratification all you want.   I don't got time this shit.

I feel working for content that I want is not a bad thing either.

I don’t expect to be given anything for free either. This is possibly a game changing mechanic that most of us have wanted since before release... I have no problem playing the game to get it.

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I bitched about it then, too.

My problem isn't the high level, it's only having high level unlocks with no meaningful mid tier rewards.

That’s my point I can’t stand leveling up for more pointless patterns that I will never use on Jenny Myers or whoever!

at least this one is a gameplay mechanic and worth the grind!

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 12:58 AM, kitcat said:

Level 75 here. Thank God I couldn't care less about this feature. 

Same Kit 

33 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I feel working for content that I want is not a bad thing either.

I don’t expect to be given anything for free either. This is possibly a game changing mechanic that most of us have wanted since before release... I have no problem playing the game to get it.

Its not game a changer.. It a weapon swap.

And i don't prefer to "WORK" in games.. I prefer to pay.. real money and get on with it.

If i want to GRIND for upgrades id play an RPG>

25 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Its not game a changer.. It a weapon swap.

And i don't prefer to "WORK" in games.. I prefer to pay.. real money and get on with it.

If i want to GRIND for upgrades id play an RPG>

This is hands down the worst feature to come from current video games ever.

pay to play after purchasing a video game needs to die.

I perfer the unlock as you progress method,

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

You're most welcome, good sir.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

This exactly! Very well said! We don't all live in our mother's basement, playing video games 24/7. Most of us have jobs and families that require the lion's share of our attention.

Of course, since this is the internet, just about everyone here is a huge, self-made success with over a dozen hobbies, 8,000 friends, working on six novels, and have at least two large families, who somehow can find the time to level grind in this game every night just fine and thinks we all need to suck it up and stop bitching. *rolls eyes*

39 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This.

46 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Yeah. If the progression made sense and was rewarding. Which it DOES NOT and IS NOT in this game. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Yeah. If the progression made sense and was rewarding. Which it DOES NOT and IS NOT in this game. 

Well some gamers seem to be ok with dumping hundreds of dollars on a game really only worth 30 bucks just to be good at/ or be able to beat others quickly. 

And that is the stupidest feature of any game in this current landscape.

Thank god this is NOT one of those games 

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well some gamers seem to be ok with dumping hundreds of dollars on a game really only worth 30 bucks just to be good at/ or be able to beat others quickly. 

And that is the stupidest feature of any game in this current landscape.

Thank god this is NOT one of those games 

I agree. I don’t want loot boxes or anything. I despise that model. But I think they should implement an “Unlock all” feature for this game. Like many others do. Even if it’s just usable for Single Player/Offline. But you’d still have to level up to unlock in multiplayer. That way, it doesn’t affect anyone else. 

25 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I agree. I don’t want loot boxes or anything. I despise that model. But I think they should implement an “Unlock all” feature for this game. Like many others do. Even if it’s just usable for Single Player/Offline. But you’d still have to level up to unlock in multiplayer. That way, it doesn’t affect anyone else. 

Actually a great idea ! I wouldn’t mind a unlock all for off-line use only.

1 hour ago, Mawlock said:

This exactly! Very well said! We don't all live in our mother's basement, playing video games 24/7. Most of us have jobs and families that require the lion's share of our attention.

Of course, since this is the internet, just about everyone here is a huge, self-made success with over a dozen hobbies, 8,000 friends, working on six novels, and have at least two large families, who somehow can find the time to level grind in this game every night just fine and thinks we all need to suck it up and stop bitching. *rolls eyes*

And you calling anyone who is 150 a no lifer living in their mother's basement is somehow better?

I work full time and have a life and responsibilities. I also DID NOT play on most of the double xp events and have taken multiple breaks from the game.

I still hit 150 about a month ago.

If you don't want to invest time in the game, that's fine. But insulting people who do as having no life makes you worse than the people you're bitching about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

And you calling anyone who is 150 a no lifer living in their mother's basement is somehow better?

I work full time and have a life and responsibilities. I also DID NOT play on most of the double xp events and have taken multiple breaks from the game.

I still hit 150 about a month ago.

If you don't want to invest time in the game, that's fine. But insulting people who do as having no life makes you worse than the people you're bitching about.

That´s right , man.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Let me start by saying although I am lvl 150, I was very shocked to see the level requirement for this, and I think it should be lower so it doesn't seem "out of reach" for people or require so much grinding that it feels hopeless. 

However, the response you gave actually proved the point about the problem of people needing instant gratification.  The car analogy makes no sense because leveling up to unlock new things is a staple in video games. Furthermore, the attitude of "I'll just through money at it and get what I want" has allowed for a "pay to win" method to creep into gaming and has ruined many games... ask anybody who played the most recent star wars game at launch. 

So yes, lvl 113 is too high, but working to unlock features is not new or ludicrous. And people shouldn't be able to pay to unlock the same things others work hard to unlock.

Getting to 113 is really not that hard. Takes a bit of time, but the games been out just short of a year. As for all the lost xp do to hosts quiting and such, that definitely sucks and has slowed alot of people's progress. But you can easily make that up with the bots. It's not exciting but if you're efficient about it you can gain about a level an hour. All this said I am surprised they made the weapon swapping unlock at such a high level. Staggering it probably would have been better.

3 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Getting to 113 is really not that hard. Takes a bit of time, but the games been out just short of a year. As for all the lost xp do to hosts quiting and such, that definitely sucks and has slowed alot of people's progress. But you can easily make that up with the bots. It's not exciting but if you're efficient about it you can gain about a level an hour. All this said I am surprised they made the weapon swapping unlock at such a high level. Staggering it probably would have been better.

It probably will be more exciting with the new update.