ShiftySamurai

Weapon Selection Unlock Level

23 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

Yeah, I just got to level 70 myself yesterday after an hour and a half of bot grinding, and I've been playing from day one. 70% of my online matches end in the host quitting or connection error. This is such nonsense, gating worthwhile content behind such an absurd level so that the majority of the people who play this game will never get to use it.

How many people do they really expect to make it past even level 50? Gun media knows most of it's player's have lives/other, better games, right? We can't all sit around all day everyday grinding bots til we hit level 150.

This should have been gun media's way of making things up to us for all the bullshit shit that we've had to endure so far, but instead it's just another middle finger from gun media.

First, the game launches in a completely unplayable state, then they start giving us content patches that fixes as many things as it breaks.

Then they give us stupid costumes that no one asked for and dance emotes that increase trolling by 200 %

Then they promise us that they'll turn retro Jason into a real Jason and never bother to actual deliver while they hope we all just forget.

And then they tease us with paranoia mode and cancel it a month or so later.

And then they tease up yet again with Jason X, only to announce a few weeks later that all current content will be put on hold for while they update their mess of a game engine, which promised to magically fix everything wrong with the game.

And from then on, every thursday, like clockwork, they announce all the "great" stuff that they have been working on along the engine update, making it take three times longer than necessary and instantly betraying their word. 

After four months and counting of anxiously and patiently waiting, they reveal the engine update to us, and we discover it makes zero difference whatsoever, save for darkening their broken, bad joke of a game.

What took them four months, capcom could have done in four minutes. 

They couldn't work on the Jason X content because of the engine update, but they somehow were able to work on more dance emotes for trolls to dance atop of me with after knocking me over with a bat. 

No one else finds it odd that busting your ass on the single player challenges unlocks dance emotes for the counselors instead of new kills for Jason? In what world does that make any damn sense?

Again, weapon swapping, which would have made for a grand apology, now stands as yet another middle from gun media.

Makes me wonder why they haven't revealed what level Victoria unlocks at. How many damn hours of grinding bots am I going to have to endure just for the "privilege" of playing as a damn blonde in this game? 

They revealed her Level. It´s something between 40-50 , I don´t know it exactly anymore.

12 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

They revealed her Level. It´s something between 40-50 , I don´t know it exactly anymore.

Really? When did they reveal that, if you don't mind me asking?

Just now, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I think shortly after they revealed her. Look on their Twitter.

Okay, thanks.

45 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You´re welcome.

So, victoria unlocks at level 42, everyone.

@ShiftySamurai @wes 

Just wanted to make a quick suggestion. I'm 150 so I don't personally have to worry about the unlock level, but I do think you should reduce it to 50. The great majority of players won't get to use it with such a high requirement.

I support giving rewards to the long term players who have been playing since launch, but something as important as weapon swapping may be too much to lock behind such a high level wall.

I think 50 would be enough to have people play as the default Jason's long enough but not so long that they give up.

Also, I think you guys would highly benefit from a NA ps4 sale for like $24.99 as well as a Free to Play weekend.

This does wonders for Dead by Daylight and it could seriously revive the playerbase of the game and get tons of new blood into the game as well as net you guys a heavy chunk of cash in sales.

Just some suggestions. Thanks for all your hard work and keep it up!

• Like 2

I was told through the grape vine that the game is going to try and push some double XP weekends leading up to the launch too. 

Really not a fan of "rewarding" the higher tier players this way especially since so many are acting like they've landed on the moon for putting in more hours. This has and always will be a standard feature to me. There are other exclusives that could be given to higher tier players like earning additional powers as Jason and counselors. 

Instead of weapon swapping, I think high levels deserve certain rare and even legendary perks for counselors. When it comes to Jason, maybe an extra trap or knives at the start of the map. Higher levels should be just be harder to play against, not have this feature as a bragging right over lower players. 

I'm more likely to work hard to get special perks and bonus items than I am to have the options to swap weapons between Jasons. I really really hope the devs look at adding weapons once they run out of Jason licenses as a way to keep the kills and overall game play fresh.  

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

Instead of weapon swapping, I think high levels deserve certain rare and even legendary perks for counselors. When it comes to Jason, maybe an extra trap or knives at the start of the map. Higher levels should be just be harder to play against, not have this feature as a bragging right over lower players. 

How about silver(113)/gold(150) weapon skins? Doesn't even require a skin, just grey/yellow base tone and some phong shading. We're talking about stroking someone's entitled sense of epeen anyway, it doesn't get more showoff than actual bling.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jsabsd said:

How about silver(113)/gold(150) weapon skins? Doesn't even require a skin, just grey/yellow base tone and some phong shading. We're talking about stroking someone's entitled sense of epeen anyway, it doesn't get more showoff than actual bling.

This is a great idea. lol.

• Sad 1

On 5/11/2018 at 10:02 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Quick Update: Jason Weapon Selection unlocks at level 113. Jason Strengths and Weaknesses are tied to Jason and not weapons. 

Really??? 113 ? Wtf ? I think this is really stupid...

• Like 1

I agree high levels for cosmetics and skins but not for weapons. Weapons 50 - 70 is good

I agree that I didn't think there'd be a high level requirement for this... But I bought the game in July 2017, I work 60+ hrs a week and I've managed to get my profile to 150... plus helped get my wife's and sons to around 90. This is on ps4 with hosts quitting often. This is very attainable if you are dedidated. So i have to call out everybody claiming they've "been playing non-stop since launch" because i hit lvl 150 in 4 months... However I do firmly agree the level requirement is a blindside, and should be lowered.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

I agree that I didn't think there'd be a high level requirement for this... But I bought the game in July 2017, I work 60+ hrs a week and I've managed to get my profile to 150... plus helped get my wife's and sons to around 90. This is on ps4 with hosts quitting often. This is very attainable if you are dedidated. So i have to call out everybody claiming they've "been playing non-stop since launch" because i hit lvl 150 in 4 months... However I do firmly agree the level requirement is a blindside, and should be lowered.

I don’t know, unless you’re a little more than just dedicated or you’re hitting the Offline Bots a lot- I disagree. The original level cap was 101, which was a grind. 113 for weapon swapping is a bonehead/dick move. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I don’t know, unless you’re a little more than just dedicated or you’re hitting the Offline Bots a lot- I disagree. The original level cap was 101, which was a grind. 113 for weapon swapping is a bonehead/dick move. 

Initially, I didn't think this level restriction was necessarily bad.  Truth be told, I still don't think it is that big of a deal; It didn't really seem to take that long for me to get to 150, but I took advantage of almost every double XP event we have had.  I guess I would feel a bit differently if I had just purchased the game, just started leveling up,  and was currently eagerly awaiting the update and the anticipated changes to offer the game a bit more flavor.   Anyway, you do bring up a good point about the original level cap being 101.  That does make me question why they decided to put the weapon swapping at such a high level.  It also makes me question as to why a few months ago people seemed to clamoring for and excited about the raise from the 101 level cap to 150 at all.  In any event, I just wanted to say that, while I still have mixed opinions on this, you raised a good point that actually made me reconsider my initial opinion, which I can appreciate.  

@Matt23leo

I think I’m mostly annoyed that there are people who put in the time and effort to be at 113 but never got there because errors, dashboarding, hosts quitting, etc. Feels like a bit of a slap in the face since the game itself has constantly worked against players trying to progress.

I should mention I’m at 125 so I’m unaffected. Still, weapon swapping is something where individual weapons should unlock as the Jason attached to the weapon is unlocked or (my preference) have individual weapons unlock in the current dead zone for Jason unlocks between levels 50 and 100.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Matt23leo

I think I’m mostly annoyed that there are people who put in the time and effort to be at 113 but never got there because errors, dashboarding, hosts quitting, etc. Feels like a bit of a slap in the face since the game itself has constantly worked against players trying to progress.

I should mention I’m at 125 so I’m unaffected. Still, weapon swapping is something where individual weapons should unlock as the Jason attached to the weapon is unlocked or (my preference) have individual weapons unlock in the current dead zone for Jason unlocks between levels 50 and 100.

I guess we are kind of in agreement, then.  My original post on this matter pretty much stated that I didn't think the level requirement was that big of deal.  However, in the post, I also expressed that, in the interest of satisfying a wider array of players,  I thought it would have made  more sense to enable Jason weapon swapping as you unlock each Jason.  As you unlock each Jason, you can automatically switch his weapon with all "lower tier" Jasons that are already unlocked.  If they added more weapons in the future because of this new weapon swapping feature (i.e. the regular pitchfork people seem to want or any "new" weapon) I wouldn't mind level locking those, I guess.  But, yeah.... I think you and I agree in terms of linking the weapon swapping directly to the unlocking each Jason.  That would have been simple and probably stirred a lot less concern and objection.  Thanks for the conversation and have a good one man.  

• Like 1

I worked my butt off and only JUST got to level 63 with  my PS4 profile. I only JUST reached 150 with my PC profile.

Add to it, I couldn't play my PS4 version until Bots were released as I refused to pay for the monthly membership to play online. At the same time, I know there were plenty of players who were being robbed of EXP due to hosts quitting. 

113 is absurd as, anyone who's focused on Jason, gets NOTHING after level 44 until the 118+ kills.

Why this isn't level 76 or 67 or 85 (all equal 13), I honestly don't know and makes it an insurmountable mountain to get to for something that the developers have admitted to not changing Jason's strengths.

On 5/12/2018 at 11:06 AM, kitcat said:

???

You said "I couldn't care less" instead of "I could care less".

It's one of those things that has a very obvious answer but no one can agree on it. Hint: You're right.

I'm kind of on the fence about this one myself.

I like having things to work towards, but this seems like a pretty major feature that will greatly change up the way the game is played, and add a lot of variety. I think it should be accessible by at least half the players when it launches.

I've played pretty regularly since launch with only a single 3-4 month break, and I am only 65 right now. It feels like it is literally going to take me another year to get up to 113. I think 50 or so is a better number myself. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

this is bullshit, I will never have that level, I have a job I am 69 already

there are these things called days off grind on those days 

2 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

there are these things called days off grind on those days 

only a crazy person would still play this game at this point, I wanted to wait until the update to play but with these news I will not be able to enjoy the update because of my lvl, that really sucks, and I play since the beta finished

22 hours ago, Mawlock said:

Yeah, I just got to level 70 myself yesterday after an hour and a half of bot grinding, and I've been playing from day one. 70% of my online matches end in the host quitting or connection error. This is such nonsense, gating worthwhile content behind such an absurd level so that the majority of the people who play this game will never get to use it.

How many people do they really expect to make it past even level 50? Gun media knows most of it's player's have lives/other, better games, right? We can't all sit around all day everyday grinding bots til we hit level 150.

This should have been gun media's way of making things up to us for all the bullshit shit that we've had to endure so far, but instead it's just another middle finger from gun media.

First, the game launches in a completely unplayable state, then they start giving us content patches that fixes as many things as it breaks.

Then they give us stupid costumes that no one asked for and dance emotes that increase trolling by 200 %

Then they promise us that they'll turn retro Jason into a real Jason and never bother to actual deliver while they hope we all just forget.

And then they tease us with paranoia mode and cancel it a month or so later.

And then they tease up yet again with Jason X, only to announce a few weeks later that all current content will be put on hold for while they update their mess of a game engine, which promised to magically fix everything wrong with the game.

And from then on, every thursday, like clockwork, they announce all the "great" stuff that they have been working on along the engine update, making it take three times longer than necessary and instantly betraying their word. 

After four months and counting of anxiously and patiently waiting, they reveal the engine update to us, and we discover it makes zero difference whatsoever, save for darkening their broken, bad joke of a game.

What took them four months, capcom could have done in four minutes. 

They couldn't work on the Jason X content because of the engine update, but they somehow were able to work on more dance emotes for trolls to dance atop of me with after knocking me over with a bat. 

No one else finds it odd that busting your ass on the single player challenges unlocks dance emotes for the counselors instead of new kills for Jason? In what world does that make any damn sense?

Again, weapon swapping, which would have made for a grand apology, now stands as yet another middle from gun media.

Makes me wonder why they haven't revealed what level Victoria unlocks at. How many damn hours of grinding bots am I going to have to endure just for the "privilege" of playing as a damn blonde in this game? 

Well said. +1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1