ShiftySamurai

Weapon Selection Unlock Level

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Freddie Mercury, I been beaten to the punch by...

Worked all night, so I might come back with more later but I really like the bonesaw.

The bone saw is a really good choice, along with the Sledge hammer.

Not to sure about the dagger and Meat cleaver though. I already have a  Kinfe on the list, plus. The Meat cleaver would just be like the pig splitter imo.

So, @FrenchFriedPotaters I've decided to leave the dagger and Meat cleaver out of the list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

I think this maybe a bit too high shifty lol.

I'm lvl 150, so. This doesn't really effect me.

But what about the people who aren't lvl 113? They've been waiting just as long as the players who are lvl 113-150.

It's not fair at all imo.

When you unlock a Jason(lets say part 7 in this instance), their weapon should also be unlocked for swapping(so lvl 7 would be the Machete unlock).

Here's how i think it should go:

Shears/part 3 axe: unlocked from the start.

Spear:unlocks at lvl 3 unlock.

Machete: lvl 7 unlock.

Pickaxe: lvl 13 unlock.

Fireaxe: lvl 20 unlock.

Doulbe bit axe: lvl 31 unlock.

Pig Splitter: lvl 44 unlock.

A few ideas for extra weapon unlocks:

Kitchen Knife: lvl  105 unlock.

Hook: lvl 106 unlock

Wrench : lvl 111 unlock.

Pitchfork: : lvl 112 unlock.

Bone saw: lvl 114 unlock.

Sledge hammer: lvl 117 unlock.

Jason X and his Futuristic Machete: lvl 123 unlock.

Battle axe?: lvl 127 unlock.

Weed wacker: lvl 136 unlock.

Any more ideas for new weapons @bewareofbears @Slasher_Clone @Alkavian or anyone?

https://www.google.de/search?q=ackchyually&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Gw4aIV-9FmlJ-M%3A%2CcUsVbNza0QNo_M%2C_&usg=__hrUKFAyI64uwEbgK_H5GGiBTJ9E%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiy5dOXq4DbAhXBjiwKHSyFCPQQ9QEILDAA#imgrc=Gw4aIV-9FmlJ-M:

These People most likely don´t earn it. I would take the Level like you said but These People most likely don´t deserve it so ackchyually atleast Level 65 or 70 To Level 100....Man I´ve gotta grind that all again even if I already gave them twice the Money ....

I WOULD LOOOOVE AN SLEDGE HAMMER , MAN! They already did Mocap for a seemingly blunt weapon. Just search Sledge Hammer for this Game and there will be it on Reddit.

9 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

The bone saw is a really good choice, along with the Sledge hammer.

Not to sure about the dagger and Meat cleaver though. I already have a  Kinfe on the list, plus. The Meat cleaver would just be like the pig splitter imo.

So, @FrenchFriedPotaters I've decided to leave the dagger and Meat cleaver out of the list.

Hooray, I'm popular!

What about a random weapon? Similar to DBD, like the Hag's hand, or something. Maybe Jason has a scythe with a sharp tip and each time you slash, the animation is similar to Part 3's ax.

For kills:

1. Bear-me-dead:

Jason pushes the counselor to the ground and starts scratching away at the counselor's chest, clawing into their flesh with each slash.

2. Head Slit:

Jason smacks the counselor in the face, similar to Chop Suey, and grabs the counselor's head and swipes at the counselor's head, slitting whatever is in its path.

3. Don't Run!:

Jason lets go of the counselor, making them run in a direction, then Jason chases after and slices their leg, cutting and pulling them down to the ground. After that, Jason stabs the counselor in the back of the neck with the tip, then he rips apart the scythe and repetitively "stuns" the counselor until they have passed out unconscious, then Jason knocks the counselor to the ground and stabs them with the blade and cuts them open.

DLC Kills:

1. Kill for Mother:

Similar to "The Pamela", Jason slices at the counselor's neck, knocking their head off afterward.

2. Come here, dammit!

Jason inserts the blade into the counselor's back and smashes their head on the ground while the blade is still in them.

3. He's Back:

The counselor is smacked with the end of the scythe and Jason appears behind the counselor, ripping them in half with the blade.

2 hours ago, IronKnight55 said:

I think the unlock level is fine. Those who are not level 113 yet still have time to level up before the update releases. Its very easy to level up playing offline.  

No it’s not. It’s a tedious grind. Once you hit level 50, that meter barely moves. There’s nothing quick or easy about it. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Truth said:

Thank you.

???

20 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

That's disappointingly high. I mean, I've been level 150 for months, but most players are never going to get to use this feature.

Bullshit. That’s their own fault. You know why people are such low levels when they play a lot? Host leaving. It all comes back to host leaving.

If there were no problems with the connections or hosts leaving, everyone would be at LEAST 20 levels higher. I’ve been kicked out of thousands of matches due to that, not even exaggerating.

@ShiftySamuraiNot sure if this was asked or answered.... IF PURCHASED will the kills from the part 4/ part 7 kill packs that were released be available to choose when weapon swapping your Jason weapons?

example : Jason part 9 given machete and can choose the new kills " Mothers Favorite" ",Candy Dispenser" and 'Fish Gut!"

11 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@ShiftySamuraiNot sure if this was asked or answered.... IF PURCHASED will the kills from the part 4/ part 7 kill packs that were released be available to choose when weapon swapping your Jason weapons?

example : Jason part 9 given machete and can choose the new kills " Mothers Favorite" ",Candy Dispenser" and 'Fish Gut!"

That would be awesome.

For me it's fine. Some kind of reward for those who played for so long even with the broken game.

2 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

No it’s not. It’s a tedious grind. Once you hit level 50, that meter barely moves. There’s nothing quick or easy about it. 

It will still take time to level up, but it is still  a lot quicker playing offline (no disconnections or hots quitting). I leveled up a lot by playing offline. I think it's good that weapon swapping is at 113. They are rewarding players that have took the time to level up. 🙂

12 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

It will still take time to level up, but it is still  a lot quicker playing offline (no disconnections or hots quitting). I leveled up a lot by playing offline. I think it's good that weapon swapping is at 113. They are rewarding players that have took the time to level up. 🙂

I took that time..... but on the wrong platform man....

Purchased Kill Packs are tied to the weapon and not to the Jason. If you own the machete kill pack, then any Jason with the machete equipped will be able to use the kills from the kill pack. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Purchased Kill Packs are tied to the weapon and not to the Jason. If you own the machete kill pack, then any Jason with the machete equipped will be able to use the kills from the kill pack. 

Will there be weapon packs in the future? 

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Why wouldn´t they be?

Your right. I should have asked, will there weapon packs. I'll edit my questions. Wasn't thinking.

10 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Thanks for replying shifty.

Also, is there going to be a new kill pack anytime soon? I was thinking of a kill pack for the spear? seeing as though a lot of people think that part 6 has some of the worst kills in the game.

• Like 1

Just charge us $5-$10 to unlock everything. Most other games do it. I know I’m not alone in players that would pay it. Everyone that left doesn’t want to cone back and grind just to unlock the weapon selection. 

@FrenchFriedPotaters i don't like that idea tbh.

Jason wearing sharp claws? I think Freddy Kruger suits those better.

The kills are nice, just remove the claws and add different weapons. I think they would be sold kills.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Just charge us $5-$10 to unlock everything. Most other games do it. I know I’m not alone in players that would pay it. Everyone that left doesn’t want to cone back and grind just to unlock the weapon selection. 

But what about the players that have had too grind through the game to get too 113-150?

Spending all this time grinding to get to lvl 113 to unlock weapon swapping.

Just to find out that a shortcut dlc was added, which gives newer players weapon swapping and everything else right off the bat. If they only spend $5.

I don't think it would be well received by 101+ players now would it?

I know I'd be a bit upset with this.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Fucking stupid. Should be unlocked immediately. 

Tell me again what game starts you out with everything (that's NOT using a cheat code)? I'll wait.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

But what about the players that have had too grind through the game to get too 113-150?

Just to find out that a shortcut dlc was added, which gives newer players weapon swapping and everything else right off the bat. If they only spend $5.

Same as every other game that has the option. No one complains about it then. The unlock levels and grinding in this game are ridiculous. It’s impossible for a casual gamer to reach them. And by “casual” I mean playing 2-3 hours a night, 3-4 nights a week. Even with Double XP. 

2 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Tell me again what game starts you out with everything (that's NOT using a cheat code)? I'll wait.

This isn’t a character or a level. This is a feature that should have been included in the first place. A feature that was shown in the PAX trailer. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

This isn’t a character or a level. This is a feature that should have been included in the first place. 

Plenty of games require you to attain a certain level to gain access to certain perks or bonuses. This is one of those instances.

1 hour ago, dmack621 said:

Left 4 Dead doesn't make a player play for countless hours just to swap weapons..

This isn't an RPG where player need to grind XP to upgrade to a more powerful weapon.  But then again, even most RPGS allow people to swap weapons...

1 hour ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Well weapon swap hasn't been added yet.  So really, NO ONE has been grinding exp to level to get weapon swaps.  And to be honest, most people should be a hell of alot higher level than they should be, especially on consoles.    I have dealt with constant rage quitting hosts and never cared about my level..  Till this weapon swap lvl lock got announced.  And i know alot of people are feeling that burn right now.

And from how i see it... Most common sense high level players don't want a high level weapon swap either.   I don't think anyone thats a fan of horror movies would want Jason restricted from selecting weapons.

Im almost level 100.  I could careless if lvl ones where swapping weapons.  Id have to be a real prick to sit there and act like investing more time in F13th means i should have more fun with weapon swap, than someone else who didn't OR can't spare that time.  This isn't an RPG where the game revolves around leveling.  Its just a tacked on carrot on the stick for 'those types of players' that feel the need that they are progressing towards something.  Which doesn't make sense because that white XP bar isn't making anyone stronger.

IMO they should add all the content locked behind lvls lock in this game as paid DLCS.  Even if it was $20 and i was lvl 149 and i still buy it.  Because HATE waiting for no reason and can't stand leveling in non RPGS.   Id buy it just to skip ONE MORE of leveling and never have to care about that XP bar again.