ShiftySamurai

Weapon Selection Unlock Level

I am fine with the 113 requirement. Roy is accessible from the start, the highest Jason is 44 and plenty of other mid-level unlocks. This one rewards the players that have put the time in and gives an incentive for others to continue their climb.

Just my 2 cents.

I am really looking forward to this update.

3 hours ago, carnage4u said:

We won't see a growth with decisions like this.  Nothing about the core game is really changing.

Single player challengers are neat, but short term fun.

new graphics are not that much

Weapon swapping was actually interesting and now those of us willing to play 300+ hours get access to what should be a basic feature.

when a player unlocks a new jason, that weapon should join the pool of weapons to weapon swap.   This game maxes out at 700 people on steam. why make changes that benefits only a small % of a dying player base, instead of making it exciting for new and casual players that might play it more?

That's the whole point of it. It's to get those people  a reason who are new or casual to play it more so they can unlock the weapon swap. Come on tell me you aren't serious bro.

It greatly expands the amount of Jason options for higher level Jason players. That's why it's at level 113. shifty on reddit

so it seems like players at levels 45-112 dont matter much in wanting us to have fun and a bit of variety.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, doitagain said:

Those are hardly unlocks worth grinding for, it still feels bare bones. Instead of saying 'we have enough' you could just agree we need more unlockables overall. I bet Uber J is gonna be a mid tier unlock.

according to Ronnie uber j will be 150 don't know if he was serious or not

Lots of people are complaining about the high level requirement before they can use whatever weapon they want for their Jason. And here I'm thinking about how the majority of gamers are going to just use the machete instead of actually using the full list.

Level 113 before your favorite Jason can use a machete. It's not like it's a counselor/Jason that has to be unlocked at a super high level, it's a mere aesthetic for people who dedicate themselves to playing this game a lot. In a sense, it's worth it for the high levels to be able use a machete for their favorite Jason. They actually put the time as well as effort into earning the bonus.

• Like 1

Regarding weapons, you guys still haven't answered if Jasons weapon hitboxes will be fixed in this upcoming update, which have been wonky and a mess for quite some time. As well as the windows/doors having weird forcefields or hit detection ever since the window prompt "fix". 

Any idea if the offline challenges will give you exp like the bots do? That'd be a nice incentive to keep doing them even after unlocking all the emotes. 

As for the level for unlocking weapon swap, this is rather high. I get that they want it to be a reward for the die hard fans and ones who've stuck around, but it also hurts those who have been waiting for the new update or other specific tweaks to finally come out. Like PS4 dedicated servers, Jason 7's buff, etc. If you wanted it tied to a level that goes with 13 you could have went with 31, or 65, but 113? Does seem rather high honestly and I'm level 130'ish. 

15 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Hey @ShiftySamurai, want to jump in here and explain the reasoning behind this terrible call on your guys’ part?

There’s nothing to explain. You guys are trippin over nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, doitagain said:

There’s nothing to explain. You guys are trippin over nothing.

Explain?

he explained on reddit its for variety for high level jason players. never mind the people stuck in the levels between the last unlock and their 113 level, which is probably just the for the 13 number and not the stated reason, really 88 or 90 would have made more sense, double the last jason unlock.

Personally, I would have made it like this: As you unlock new Jasons you can automatically switch his weapon with other lower tier Jason characters that are already unlocked.  However, with that said, 113 is not that bad or too high in my opinion.  Seriously, it doesn't take that long to reach that level, especially considering all the double xp events they offer and the fact that you earn XP for playing offline bots as well as multiplayer matches.  I just don't see the big deal here at all.  In between level 44 and the 100 levels you are constantly unlocking other things like bloody skins and counselor clothing, so 113 makes sense to me.  Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, I just personally don't see the big deal here at all. 

15 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Quick Update: Jason Weapon Selection unlocks at level 113. Jason Strengths and Weaknesses are tied to Jason and not weapons. 

Holy moly.... I don´t have anything against grinding...... but this man.... Isn´t it a bit too high?

I could use it on Ps4 , but not on my PC which I haven´t even started playing yet....Fuck..... I really liked the Idea of my Part IX with an Pig splitter........ and my Part VI without an spear....

Hmmmm... Even I think this is too much..... It took an eternity getting Free kick....

Fine , I just hope this Game will be on Sale in Steam anytime soon....

I always gonna run around with grinder till Level 113 then.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

according to Ronnie uber j will be 150 don't know if he was serious or not

He stated , that he just joked...... I would rather have him at that Level to be honest.

Lots of people are complaining about the high level requirement before they can use whatever weapon they want for their Jason. And here I'm thinking about how the majority of gamers are going to just use the machete instead of actually using the full list.

Level 113 before your favorite Jason can use a machete. It's not like it's a counselor/Jason that has to be unlocked at a super high level, it's a mere aesthetic for people who dedicate themselves to playing this game a lot. In a sense, it's worth it for the high levels to be able use a machete for their favorite Jason. They actually put the time as well as effort into earning the bonus.

I will not put Machetes on all my Jasons. That would be stupid.

But I actually earn it....but I have to earn it again like Kodiak. But I can´t even start to Play it , because of this stupid PS Plus (The most stupid cash grab you could ever do)................... But it will be funny if they see how a Level 8 Jason is going to shift grab a Level 100 Vanessa.

Sorry for double-posting.

Edited by The Wolf with that Toast
douple-post realization

I probably wouldn’t even be mad if this ridiculous unlock level only applied to multiplayer. At least make everything unlocked in Single Player. 

Posted (edited)
On May 11, 2018 at 9:02 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Quick Update: Jason Weapon Selection unlocks at level 113. Jason Strengths and Weaknesses are tied to Jason and not weapons. 

I think this maybe a bit too high shifty lol.

I'm lvl 150, so. This doesn't really effect me.

But what about the people who aren't lvl 113? They've been waiting just as long as the players who are lvl 113-150.

It's not fair at all imo.

When you unlock a Jason(lets say part 7 in this instance), their weapon should also be unlocked for swapping(so lvl 7 would be the Machete unlock).

Here's how i think it should go:

Shears/part 3 axe: unlocked from the start.

Spear:unlocks at lvl 3 unlock.

Machete: lvl 7 unlock.

Pickaxe: lvl 13 unlock.

Fireaxe: lvl 20 unlock.

Doulbe bit axe: lvl 31 unlock.

Pig Splitter: lvl 44 unlock.

A few ideas for extra weapon unlocks:

A Bolo Knife & a Ice Pick: lvl 105 unlock.

A Sickle & a Fire poker?: lvl 106 unlock.

Wrench : lvl 111 unlock.

Pitchfork: : lvl 112 unlock.

Bone saw: lvl 114 unlock.

Sledge hammer & Shovel: lvl 117 unlock.

Battle axe: lvl 123 unlock.

Jason X and his futuristic Machete: lvl 127 unlock.

Nzappa Zap(a type of tomahawk): lvl 128 unlock.

Rigwalds Savagery(Spiked axe) : lvl 129 unlock.

A Slavorum(Polish long Hammer): lvl 134 unlock.

Military Fork: lvl 136 unlock.

A Sythe: lvl 140 unlock.

A Katana?: lvl 143 unlock.

Weed wacker: lvl 147 unlock.

Any more ideas for new weapons @bewareofbears @Slasher_Clone @Alkavian or anyone?

Edited by Freddie Mercury
Added even more weapons.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

That's the whole point of it. It's to get those people  a reason who are new or casual to play it more so they can unlock the weapon swap. Come on tell me you aren't serious bro.

And what do you tell people who had deal with quitting hosts for the past year?...  That have been shafted for over half of their XP?

Over 75% of the games i've played have ended in host quits.. And i've played tons of games..  At least 2 games a night for a year and im still under level 100.

So if you factor in the people who have less time to play (Few hours a week) coupled with HOST quitting. Level 113 is still over a year away for these players. Probably even more.

Either way this lvl 113 lock is a huge disappointment.    After talking about this to a few friends, it sounded as if was breaking their heats telling them this.  :(.   They where so excited for this.  ...

Hope GUN reconsiders this.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

And what do you tell people on who had deal with quitting hosts for the past year?...  That have been shafted for over half of their XP?

Over 75% of the games i've played have ended in host quits.. And i've played tons of games..  At least 2 games a night for year and im still under level 100.

So if you factor in the people who have less time to play (Few hours a week) coupled with HOST quitting. Level 113 is still over a year away for these players. Probably even more.

Either way this lvl 113 lock is a huge disappointment.    After talking about this to few friends, it sounded as if was breaking their heats telling them this.  :(.   They where so excited for this.  ...

Hope GUN reconsiders this.

Exactly. All my friends that left this game long ago because of all the issues were really excited for this feature. After hearing this news, they will not be coming back to grind. 

@HuDawg Good points.

It would have made a lot more sense to have the single player challenges unlock weapon switching. The 30 emotes could have generated a bunch of DLC revenue.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

That's disappointingly high. I mean, I've been level 150 for months, but most players are never going to get to use this feature.

I think the unlock level is fine. Those who are not level 113 yet still have time to level up before the update releases. Its very easy to level up playing offline.  

1 hour ago, Freddie Mercury said:

I think this maybe a bit too high shifty lol.

I'm lvl 150, so. This doesn't really effect me.

But what about the people who aren't lvl 113? They've been waiting just as long as the players who are lvl 113-150.

It's not fair at all imo.

When you unlock a Jason(lets say part 7 in this instance), their weapon should also be unlocked for swapping(so lvl 7 would be the Machete unlock).

Here's how i think it should go:

Shears/part 3 axe: unlocked from the start.

Spear:unlocks at lvl 3 unlock.

Machete: lvl 7 unlock.

Pickaxe: lvl 13 unlock.

Fireaxe: lvl 20 unlock.

Doulbe bit axe: lvl 31 unlock.

Pig Splitter: lvl 44 unlock.

A few ideas for extra weapon unlocks:

Kitchen Knife: lvl  105 unlock.

Wrench : lvl 106 unlock.

Hook: lvl 111 unlock.

Pitchfork: lvl 113 unlock. 

Jason Xs Futuristic Machete: lvl 123 unlock.

Weed wacker: lvl 136 unlock.

Any more ideas for new weapons @bewareofbears @Slasher_Clone @Alkavian or anyone?

A bone saw, cleaver, dagger, Pam's army knife, an oversized hammer?

i tried. :c 

1 minute ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Thosse are some good suggestions, apart from pamelas army knife.

I think that knife should stick with pamela.

Might have sledge hammer instead of over sized hammer though.

• Like 1

@Freddie Mercury, I been beaten to the punch by...

4 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Worked all night, so I might come back with more later but I really like the bonesaw.

3 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Thosse are some good suggestions, apart from pamelas army knife.

I think that knife should stick with pamela.

Might have sledge hammer instead of over sized hammer though.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

@Freddie Mercury, I been beaten to the punch by...

Worked all night, so I might come back with more later but I really like the bonesaw.

Thank you! I guess Pam's knife should stay with Pamela herself.

@Slasher_Clone ty! h0w's y0ur d@y g0ing; also, im not gonna reply furthermore.

• Haha 1

Good, it's almost done, then I get to do it all over again tomorrow night. It's all good 😊 @FrenchFriedPotaters.

I agree Pamela's Knife should come with Pamela, and then be available for weapon swapping.