ShiftySamurai

Weapon Selection Unlock Level

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

That's disappointingly high. I mean, I've been level 150 for months, but most players are never going to get to use this feature.

I have to disagree with you. Yeah it's a high level, but it's not hard to get to that level if someone is willing to grind. I plan on grinding tonight and tomorrow to level 113 since I'm only 84 but I think people can reach the level if they take the XP days and such. Yeah it's kinda high but it's not really that hard to reach if someone is willing to take the time to reach it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

They should fill in that unlock void between levels 44 and 103 though.

For instance, just add 50 to every original unlock level to get their weapon.

Level 50: Part 3 axe and Part 5 shears

53: Part 6 Spear

57: Part 7 Machete

63: Part 2 Pickaxe

70: Part 8 Fire Axe

81: Part 9 Double Axe

94: Part 4 Pig Splitter

The void you speak of doesn’t actually exist unless you are saying that different clothing options for the counselors unlocking doesn’t count. 

1 minute ago, Treymaker said:

unless you are saying that different clothing options for the counselors unlocking doesn’t count. 

Bingo.

13 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I have to disagree with you. Yeah it's a high level, but it's not hard to get to that level if someone is willing to grind. I plan on grinding tonight and tomorrow to level 113 since I'm only 84 but I think people can reach the level if they take the XP days and such. Yeah it's kinda high but it's not really that hard to reach if someone is willing to take the time to reach it.

Edit:  Sorry I misread your post.

4 minutes ago, zmccain said:

Any tips?  Am I doing something wrong?

If you're looking for a quick and easy way to level up, wait for a double xp event and farm offline bots.

Packanack small, part 8 on easy, all environmental kills.

It's still a hell of a grind though. I don't have the patience for it and I'm level 140 something.

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

That's disappointingly high. I mean, I've been level 150 for months, but most players are never going to get to use this feature.

It's not even high though. It gives an actual incentive for leveling up instead of just clothes and gives new players time to feel out each Jason beforehand. The progression system needs more things like this in the higher levels. 

4 minutes ago, zmccain said:

Edit:  Sorry I misread your post.

It's fine. I don't know what you said but I'm sure it's fine 

200.gif

This is an extremely dick move. Not everyone has time to play a game 300+ hours to unlock a feature like this.  Find me a game like this that would make someone wait to unlock something like this.  This company does not care about the player base, and this is a prime example. I guess you only care about the few people still playing and don't want anyone else to even give you game a chance.

For the record this won't affect me. I've already played a ton, but why should someone new have to play 300 hours to unlock such a nice feature.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, doitagain said:

. The progression system needs more things like this in the higher levels. 

You mean like the free kick kill, disarmed, mask bash, and bloody skins?

We already have enough. More mid tier unlocks, please and thank you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Those are hardly unlocks worth grinding for, it still feels bare bones. Instead of saying 'we have enough' you could just agree we need more unlockables overall. I bet Uber J is gonna be a mid tier unlock.

Just now, doitagain said:

Those are hardly unlocks worth grinding for, it still feels bare bones. Instead of saying 'we have enough' you could just agree we need more unlockables overall. I bet Uber J is gonna be a mid tier unlock.

I agree. We do need more unlockables that are worth the grind.

I've just gotten used to the mediocrity.

after you get the last jason unlocked, its a grind, which sucks, it should be fun, not a boring grind. and with all the lost xp, which will still happen since who knows when dedicated servers will come.

Good point. Especially since the player base is likely to see substantial growth...Soon.

Just now, F134Ever86 said:

Good point. Especially since the player base is likely to see substantial growth...Soon.

We won't see a growth with decisions like this.  Nothing about the core game is really changing.

Single player challengers are neat, but short term fun.

new graphics are not that much

Weapon swapping was actually interesting and now those of us willing to play 300+ hours get access to what should be a basic feature.

when a player unlocks a new jason, that weapon should join the pool of weapons to weapon swap.   This game maxes out at 700 people on steam. why make changes that benefits only a small % of a dying player base, instead of making it exciting for new and casual players that might play it more?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

If you're looking for a quick and easy way to level up, wait for a double xp event and farm offline bots.

It's still a hell of a grind though. I don't have the patience for it and I'm level 140 something.

It’s not quick though. I grind on double XP weekends with offline bots. Maybe 4-5 hours a night during those weekends. Getting almost 3000XP in about 5-10 minute matches. And I’ll only level up about 3-4 times the whole weekend. Hell, should have just made the weapons and the Jason kills unlockable in Single Player. Not stupid emotes. 

• Like 1

I think dedicated servers will affect core gameplay. Should smooth out things a bit.

im not interested in this particular time sink, more meat and less parsley plz.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

That's pretty much what I've been doing.  I haven't timed it but I'll maybe gain one level a night of grinding for 2 hours.  Might be more, might be less.  But you're right it's going to be one hell of a grind for me to reach 113 (I'm level 29).

im currently level 75. kinda disappointed but gives me something to work for. feel sorry for all the jasons im gunnin for to get that 500xp

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

There are unlocks up until 101, https://fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Player_Level

And I am saying this as a father of 3 who knows hasn't hit 60 since day 1 on the PS4, It maybe high but I am fine with it.

15 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

There are unlocks up until 101, https://fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Player_Level

I'm aware of the all the unlockables. My complaint is that levels 45-102 consist of unlocking different colors of the same clothing and thats it.

It's not fun, it's not engaging, and it's not rewarding. 

Instead of Gun/Illfonic fleshing out the "banana republic" levels they continue to add rewards for levels 100+. For veterans, the high level doesn't matter. But for newcomers or people who've been playing for 2-3 months it's another slap to the face.

This has all been explored in the past though. I recommend taking a quick skim through this thread if you have the time.

so a feature that would add variety to a game that needs it is locked behind a high level. Instead you want people to grind it out? seems about right for gun. I mean how mean people quit because of the long wait for the new update, they will come back to check it out and see stuff locked behind a high level cap, see still no dedicated servers and all new glitches and bugs, cause lets be 100% honest the QA hasn't be the strongest on this game, and that is putting it as politely as possible.

I've been level 150 forever so this doesn't affect me at all. I do however think it's a horrible idea to assign a level requirement to a feature that should be standard. This is just as asinine as it would be to add a level requirement for the key binding feature. All in an attempt to fool you into believing that you are participating in some form of meaningful progression that doesn't actually exist. On top of that you have to grind it out in a sea of bugs and toxic players. That sounds like a great time!

Here's a better solution for all of you players suffering from low levels and low play time. Find a friend and farm XP in Private Matches 1v1 on Packanack Small.

Jason Steps:

1. Morph to an electrical box and destroy it.
  2. Morph to Packanack Lodge and place a trap near the back steps.
  3. If the counselor set a trap, step in it.
  4. Take the flare shot, shotgun blast or weapon hit from the counselor.
  5. Kill the counselor using an environmental kill on the Packanack Lodge wall.

Counselor Steps:

1. Use Vanessa and run to Packanack Lodge after spawning in.
  2. Enter the lodge and check for the bear trap. If the trap spawned, set it outside near the back door.
  3. Go back inside, turn on the radio and collect either a shotgun, flare gun or melee weapon.
  4. Go outside and shoot or hit Jason, then step in his trap.
  5. Allow Jason to kill you using an environmental.

There you go. Roughly 1000 EXP for 4 minutes of your time. Rinse, wash, repeat and prosper! That's how you make a meaningless progression system work for you.

Highest level Jason in the game is 44 and weapon swapping unlocks at 113. Makes sense, right? 

Guess grinding with bots is best bet to get there faster since this isn't gonna be released with the dedicated server patch for consoles.