ShiftySamurai

Weapon Selection Unlock Level

@Ghostboy20

Jason needs to have the sacred branch as a weapon swap. If he doesn't get it I'm quitting this game forever. 

Just now, Qcici said:

@Ghostboy20

Jason needs to have the sacred branch as a weapon swap. If he doesn't get it I'm quitting this game forever. 

Jason needs a chainsaw 

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Same. Savini with free kick is a sight to behold. I usually do it on the last alive so those who stuck around get to see something that doesn't happen every game.

Sadly I never use Savini because I always have Jason on random... I really hope they fix that and the bloody skins...

18 hours ago, Truth said:

EVERY CONSOLE PLAYER LOST XP TOO. You can't blame only that for your low level. I lost just as much xp as anyone else, and I'm level 150. I pretty much stuck to quickplay for at least 90% of that, so you know I missed out on plenty of xp.

I'm not arguing your point, just that your excuse is not a good one.

Well, actually, I can indeed blame that for my low level. As has been stated, not everybody has time to play all the time like some people in these forums. Having a full-time job, a family, and doing a lot of volunteer work in my town, there's really not much time to play all those hours again. Plus, I like to play other games that actually work. Even with a double XP weekend, that's still nearly a full work-week's worth of grinding that I'd need to do to reach level 113. By that time, no amount of weapon swapping will fix how sick of the game I'd be at that point. It is what it is, I suppose; just another middle finger from these devs.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

WellÔĽŅ, ÔĽŅactually, I can indeed blame that for my low level.

No, you can't... It's a factor, but not solely responsible for your low level unless you're fairly close to it anyway. I put 650 hours in to get where I'm at. I'm sure most people at 150 have put in a similar amount of time. 

What level are you?

• Like 1

Making that grind to get to 113 and lost a shit ton of XP this past week with connection time outs and host quits. I've been playing at least 1-3 hours a day starting a week ago when I was a 105 and today I'm a 108. This is aggravating to say the least. 

If you're not going to lower the 113 bar, the devs should at least hand out some free XP for having to put up with this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2018 at 6:23 AM, Truth said:

No, you can't... It's a factor, but not solely responsible for your low level unless you're fairly close to it anyway. I put 650 hours in to get where I'm at. I'm sure most people at 150 have put in a similar amount of time. 

What level are you?

Hundreds of hours to unlock a very basic feature like weapon swapping is ridiculous no matter how you like to put it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TestedTwice said:

Hundreds of hours to unlock a very basic feature like weapon swapping is ridiculous no matter how you like to put it.

I am already sick of the game by the time I have playing it, now imagine to invest those hundred of hours to unlock that, lol totally ridicoulus

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

I am already sick of the game by the time I have playing it, now imagine to invest those hundred of hours to unlock that, lol totally ridicoulus

I just wish the Devs could've compromised the unlock level. Like, as half of the community stated, Jason can use different weapons on different Jasons when the player unlocks a specific Jason.

Otherwise, it's kind of pointless to grind unless if you're, let's say, level 101. But if you're level 17, feel free to uninstall it!

Oh and, if a noob/10yr old sees the J. player in the opening intro and the Jason has a different weapon, pray that they won't report you for "hacking".

• Like 3

On 5/20/2018 at 4:23 AM, damnenchiladas said:

Making that grind to get to 113 and lost a shit ton of XP this past week with connection time outs and host quits. I've been playing at least 1-3 hours a day starting a week ago when I was a 105 and today I'm a 108. This is aggravating to say the least. 

If you're not going to lower the 113 bar, the devs should at least hand out some free XP for having to put up with this. 

honestly we should give up. the devs just made clear theyre not listening to any of our input and opinions. as long as they got their few forum puppets to tell them they do a great job with everything and pat them on their backs for the hard work they did they wont give a single shit about any of us. let the game die i guess.

cant wait for dedicated servers in 2020 locked behind level 150. players should have an incentive to play this game and should feel rewarded for putting their time into grinding it.

inb4 "im level 150 and it didnt take me very long to reach it. stop whining about it and just grind its not that hard. fucking entitlement generation is laughable. game is great devs. rubber banding at the car and macro exploits arent an issue. you owe your players nothing. everything you do is awesome and the right thing. dont listen to the crybabies."

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

honestly we should give up. the devs just made clear theyre not listening to any of our input and opinions. as long as they got their few forum puppets to tell them they do a great job with everything and pat them on their backs for the hard work they did they wont give a single shit about any of us. let the game die i guess.

cant wait for dedicated servers in 2020 locked behind level 150. players should have an incentive to play this game and should feel rewarded for putting their time into grinding it.

inb4 "im level 150 and it didnt take me very long to reach it. stop whining about it and just grind its not that hard. fucking entitlement generation is laughable. game is great devs. rubber banding at the car and macro exploits arent an issue. you owe your players nothing. everything you do is awesome and the right thing. dont listen to the crybabies."

its a shame, that there wasn't but one slight comment saying its the same, instead of explaining why, other than we want to reward the people who did what you guys did, but they did it twice cause the had more patience to deal with out glitches and no servers.

59 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

epic comment, this is exactly what I feel too, I'm fucking sick of these puppets too claiming everything is perfect and devs are awesome

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

epic comment, this is exactly what I feel too, I'm fucking sick of these puppets too claiming everything is perfect and devs are awesome

lol who ever said that? Yeah, some of us try to remain optimistic. But I don't think there's a single one of us that ignores all the bullshit we've put up with to this point.

I'm not trying to sound pessimistic, just realistic. I am a big supporter of this game and I do know that the devs are putting a lot into it. Not just from forum jockies, but from meeting them in person on multiple occasions and checking in on via DM's every once and a while. I mean, after all they did let me design a kill for the game. 

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing on this issue. In the end, I don't think it is enough to entice people to put in the work if the servers are not working and there is absolutely nothing worthwhile to earn between level 44 and 113. 

I'm now up to 110, but with all the issues in the last few days I would probably be 112 or 113. Sucks because many of those games were heavy in XP earnings. At this rate I am not sure I am going to hit 113 before Thursday, but certainly before the weekend. 

Single player is also probably going to help a lot because at least it will feel fresh, although, I wish they weren't spoiling all the kills in the trailer. 

And like clockwork, we're filming Never Hike Alone BTS interviews all day Thursday so of course that is the day they choose for the release. I swear, every release and double XP in the last 6 months has come on a weekend where I am traveling or working. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

And like clockwork, we're filming Never Hike Alone BTS interviews all day Thursday so of course that is the day they choose for the release. I swear, every release and double XP in the last 6 months has come on a weekend where I am traveling or working.

Preach.

It is almost always the case I'm at work for a release, on some sort of out of town family event, sick, or have been "tasked" for other things by the wife without advance notice. On release day, it looks like I'm working all day then taking my in-laws to the airport in Tucson (over an hour away). SMH....

The level is whatever to me at this point. Indifferent.

I'm more concerned with the feature not saving kills tied to specific weapons if you change them. It will get old fast to have to configure each weapon, each and every time you switch them. I realize its only a matter of clicks, but I'd hope they save the kills each time you switch.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

The level is whatever to me at this point. Indifferent.

I'm more concerned with the feature not saving kills tied to specific weapons if you change them. It will get old fast to have to configure each weapon, each and every time you switch them. I realize its only a matter of clicks, but I'd hope they save the kills each time you switch.

i'm with you there, It would be a pain if it was a tedious task and not work correctly, or not work correnctly at all... i guess we'll be seeing soon.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

We announced Victoria as a level 42 unlock the same day we announced her, didn't we?

Also, thank you for all of the feedback.

I still say the weapon unlock should have been for level 76 or 85 (both = 13) to give players who prefer Jason something between the dearth that is 44 to 108.

That sort of reward should be before the old level cap at 101. Making it after it is just... obscene, since the crew felt 101 was the MAX level a player would reach initially. Making such a desired function AFTER that level is just painful.

For the record, I'm 150 on my PC version, but only 65 on my ps4 version because it doesn't go online.

Unless you're planning a triple experience weekend, it's going to be ages to reach 113 since it's nearly double my level since offline bots were released.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 3:50 PM, Truth said:

lol who ever said that? Yeah, some of us try to remain optimistic. But I don't think there's a single one of us that ignores all the bullshit we've put up with to this point.

theres plenty people. look back on the poll thread and look at how many people are happy about everything the devs do and 100% support the devs every decision they make. most of what i said were direct quotations of other peoples posting mixed into one mega asskissing sentence. i have no problem with you guys staying optimistic about it or agreeing with 113 being a great level and all, but when people start saying the devs are doing great and should continue the way they are thats the kinda mentality that ends a game. telling the devs everythings alright while the entire lodge is burning down. we waited 4 months for this patch, half of it is insignificant / tiny in terms of time it would take to make it, the only thing im half excited for is single player challenges which - thank god - they didnt decide was a good idea to lock behind an enormous level cap to give us something to work for. and 4 months, still no dedicated servers and other people said that the devs mentioned no fixes to the gamebreaking bugs like staying at the car when you exit are fixed until dedicated servers are out. about the last one, not sure, just read it like that but it didnt come from the devs. but then again im not trusting these devs with anything anymore.