Crispen_Glover

Realistically how much longer do we have to wait for dedicated servers?

Soon Fam

May as well start speculating as to how long you'll be waiting for the Jason X content or Paranoia. We don't even have a clue as to when we're getting the upcoming update, let alone anything that comes later.

we dont have the long awaited update, then they will have to patch the update a bunch, expect we had to pull people off the servers to get all hands on deck to fix the game delays.

wow what do you know, playing against a team of jason hunters. I kill the the sweater girl and *poof* host quit. 

Why is this games playerbase  such shit?

Why is it taking so long for dedicated servers.

This is driving me mad.

Guys, remember when we were told the new engine update would hit sometime in April?

GUESS WHAT! It’s already May and we still don’t have shit, this game is a joke, barely 1k active players while the game sold over 1 million copies, way to go, just give up the license and sell it to a triple A company ffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Guys, remember when we were told the new engine update would hit sometime in April?

No.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crispen_Glover said:

wow what do you know, playing against a team of jason hunters. I kill the the sweater girl and *poof* host quit. 

Why is this games playerbase  such shit?

Why is it taking so long for dedicated servers.

This is driving me mad.

Hey, I would count that as a Win. They failed to kill you, so, they quit. IMO, I would rather have the host quit, then get killed lol. 

Well they were aiming for "Late 2017". They hit the first part of the deadline so I would say any year now. 

11 hours ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

That never happened.

• Like 1

sucked-one-year-away.gif?w=500 GUN/Illfonic to the community.

NWFDC1q.gif

• Haha 1

Why weren't dedicated servers released on console upon release? I don't think they were even thinking about adding dedicated servers till console players added it, but I'm not sure. If dedicated servers were never supposed to happen on consoles, then why? Surely they would've thought ahead and seen a reason for them. 

In all honesty they should've been on the game since release date as what PC players got. 

I love this game so much but at the same time it feels like a beta game or a game in Xbox's preview program. Maybe if they delayed the game for a few months (or year) we would've got different results, but we'll never know now. 

• Like 1

They are never going to happen, despite what Wes and Dan say. I'd love to be proven wrong, but even if they implement them, they'll be turned off within a year. I have no faith left in anything they say, none. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

Why weren't dedicated servers released on console upon release? I don't think they were even thinking about adding dedicated servers till console players added it, but I'm not sure. If dedicated servers were never supposed to happen on consoles, then why? Surely they would've thought ahead and seen a reason for them. 

In all honesty they should've been on the game since release date as what PC players got. 

I love this game so much but at the same time it feels like a beta game or a game in Xbox's preview program. Maybe if they delayed the game for a few months (or year) we would've got different results, but we'll never know now. 

I'm guessing they were expecting the PC version to be the most popular, and for the console versions to die off pretty quickly. Didn't happen.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Word of the day... Optimism.

You're so demanding. LOL.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

I'm guessing they were expecting the PC version to be the most popular, and for the console versions to die off pretty quickly. Didn't happen.

quite the opposite huh 

7 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Would be an extremely naive and stupid thought. Console makes up a bigger portion this day in age solely on cost of hardware alone. Most people will trade off grapgics and textures to spend 250 to 300 on a console, rather than spend anywhere from 700 and up for a great gaming computer. That is just the reality of gaming these days. And is just common knowledge in the world of gaming, especially most developers. If they truly thought this game was going to last longer on pc than they would be way more inept than I thought.

20 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Would be an extremely naive and stupid thought. Console makes up a bigger portion this day in age solely on cost of hardware alone. Most people will trade off grapgics and textures to spend 250 to 300 on a console, rather than spend anywhere from 700 and up for a great gaming computer. That is just the reality of gaming these days. And is just common knowledge in the world of gaming, especially most developers. If they truly thought this game was going to last longer on pc than they would be way more inept than I thought.

It's not about the total size of the market. Niche, clunky games like this have been succeeding for years on PC but you didn't see that many of them on consoles.

18 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's not about the total size of the market. Niche, clunky games like this have been succeeding for years on PC but you didn't see that many of them on consoles.

Minecraft changed that. As well as a lot of other indie or digital games. Has been growing for some time, hell even mmo style games are on consoles now. Nothing is niche or exclusive to pc hardly anymore. They should have seen that, the average consumer knows this.