Daneasaur

Still no Weapon swap confirmation?

On 5/11/2018 at 9:14 AM, Daneasaur said:

I've wanted to know one thing ever since the youtube video announced weapon swapping for Jason was going to be tied to level:

WHAT LEVEL WILL IT BE UNLOCKED?

My PC profile is fine at nearly 150, but my PS4 profile is at a paltry 63. I want to know if I'll have to grind and over double my PS4 level before I can use it there.

It'll be unlocked at level 113. If ya don't believe me, I Believe its on their twitter.

On 5/11/2018 at 10:17 AM, HuDawg said:

Id be all for lvl 100-150 if they give me all the exp i was robbed from quitting hosts on consoles.   At least 75% of the games i've played during the year has ended with host quits and i know damn well im not alone on this.

Realistically putting anything above level 100 is not fair to console players at all.  

Its already annoying enough that i have to still wait for a few more kills thats locked behind levels.  Sure as hell don't want to wait another year to use weapon swaps.  I don't got time for that shit..lol

I can deal with the quitting hosts and not getting exp.  But when that quitting is locking me out of having FUN with weapons.   Its becomes annoying.

You know you can use offline play to get exp right?

38 minutes ago, F13 said:

You know you can use offline play to get exp right?

Seriously?

As if i anyone wants to kill bots for 300+ hours just to be able to swap weapons.   

I play offline for fun.  Not to grind exp like a damn job. 

Maybe you got no life and like killing bots non stop.  I got better shit to do with my time.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

All I hear is me me me, I want it all now. Stop moaning, play the game and level up.

A reasonable level to unlock weapon swapping isn't too much to ask. Hell, a system where each Jason you unlock also unlocks his weapon would work much better.

Keep in mind that I'm a high enough level to use weapon swapping. But it's a QoL issue for everyone in the game.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

All I hear is me me me, I want it all now. Stop moaning, play the game and level up.

....Well then maybe you should learn how to read?     

Ya.. guys stop moaning and level up.  (Host quits)....

See, its simple.

11 hours ago, HuDawg said:

See, its simple.

Single player. Or be the host.

12 hours ago, HuDawg said:

See, its simple.

Well maybe you can read the menu

Offline.

Bots.

No worries about host.

oD19L.gif

6 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Well maybe you can read the menu

Offline.

Bots.

No worries about host.

i should not have to kill bots for hours and hours just to use weapon swap.   Theres no way to justify that.

7 hours ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

Single player. Or be the host.

it shouldn't matter.  Weapon swap is a basic feature not a damn lvl 113 unlock.

5 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

i should not have to kill bots for hours and hours just to use weapon swap.   Theres no way to justify that.

Well, sorry to say, but it is staying 113 for the time being.  Myself, I feel it would have been better to have the first, and every weapon after, unlocks about 10 levels or so from the last major unlock (44 for Part IV, so anywhere from 50-55).  After this update comes out, and enough people feel it should be changed, maybe they will alter the way the unlocks are handled.  Until then, live with it being 113.  

As for lost XP from disconnects and whatnot, all of us on consoles have dealt with that.  If there were no level cap, I'd be somewhere around lvl 300-ish and probably a quarter of the way through my 1000 Jason matches.  As it stands now, I still don't have 500 matches as Jason yet, which just shows how much shit I put up with since May 26th... 27th (since I and many others couldn't even connect on the first day).  Either bite the bullet and push through the shit, play bots if QP is getting to be too much to endure the stupidity, or restrict yourself to only private matches.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

What is and isnt a basic feature is a grey area. Swapping hair colour could be called a basic feature, but if it was level locked, its upto them.

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

If you were on PC then you wouldn't have to worry about just killing bots. Hosts don't control lobbies. 113 isn't that bad and bots aren't gonna kill you, you don't have to deal with aholes and you don't have to worry about hosts leaving, make a game out if it, how many can you kill in a fire place? How many can you drown in a lake. You don't have to keep doing the samething over and over again. Make a game out of it. 

I'm 86 on PS4 and I've been grinding the bots, it's better then dealing with hosts and trolls

On 5/14/2018 at 10:23 AM, HuDawg said:

Seriously?

As if i anyone wants to kill bots for 300+ hours just to be able to swap weapons.   

I play offline for fun.  Not to grind exp like a damn job

Maybe you got no life and like killing bots non stop.  I got better shit to do with my time.

No need to get riled up dude, Just telling you another method to get easy exp quickly.

Coming from a level 127, I hope Gun Media hears all feedback on weapon swap when it hits. 

Not everyone likes the idea of an RPG progression system, but that's how some games are now doing it. Having everything unlocked at the beginning is no fun, but neither is grinding most of the way through. Just imagine playing an RPG and only a small part of items are available throughout most of the game instead of spreading it all out. Currently the only ways to customize Jason's appearance (bloody skins and soon weapon swap) require such a high level. 

That's why I hope that before or when Jason X comes out, they at least give each Jason his own weapon swap level, Jason X being at 150.

10 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

Not everyone likes the idea of an RPG progression system, but that's how some games are now doing it.

Who ever started the trend of adding RPG style progression to action games should be thrown off a cliff IMO.

I think its started with Call of Doody..       Then it spread like a bad case of herpes to all action based game.

For example..Tomb Raider Reboot...  And the Batman Arkham games.     That to me are some of most mind boggling ones.  Like i want to level up and get skill.... and by the time i unlock the skills the games over.

I mean it makes sense to lock items and skills behind story progression if it makes sense to the story.  But xp bars and leveling up in a Batman game whos supposed to be in his PRIME makes no sense.

9 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I mean it makes sense to lock items and skills behind story progression if it makes sense to the story.  But xp bars and leveling up in a Batman game whos supposed to be in his PRIME makes no sense.

True, it doesn't always make sense. Guess game developers have started adding progression more and more because of the sense of achievement without giving much thought otherwise.