Daneasaur

Still no Weapon swap confirmation?

10 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

So if the strengths and weaknesses aren't tied to the weapons, then how exactly is this a game changer? I would really like to know. Also i know some people might be upset about the 113 unlock for the weapons. The reason why they are doing it like that is so more people can play the game. Remember they have to give a reason for  people to keep coming back to play.

I ain't mad lol I just need to grind now.

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

Hit detection...

I can finally use Savini without the trident getting stuck in everything.

Same! I cannot wait to use another weapon on Savini. 

dE5Xuyp.gif

LEVEL 113?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sweet freaking Jesus, I was horrified this would be the case.

I can only hope the other things included with the update will rain EXP, because as I said, my PS4 profile is level 62. Doubling that is 104 and that's still not enough.

Guess I'm gonna be killing a whole lot for Mother.

YHMXwIK.gif

2 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

So if the strengths and weaknesses aren't tied to the weapons, then how exactly is this a game changer? I would really like to know. Also i know some people might be upset about the 113 unlock for the weapons. The reason why they are doing it like that is so more people can play the game. Remember they have to give a reason for  people to keep coming back to play.

Because I like Part 6 but hate the spear.

Because I hate Part 7 but love the machete. 

Because Part 6 plus machete makes me happy.

• Haha 1

I'll be able to use this feature on Xbox since I'm 150 but on PlayStation I'm only 58. Not gonna lie I think it's pretty dumb to make this a level cap, each weapon can unlock as you unlock a Jason. So currently the highest Jason to unlock is Part at 44, yet you gotta wait till 113 for weapon swap... 

1 minute ago, Brogan322 said:

I'll be able to use this feature on Xbox since I'm 150 but on PlayStation I'm only 58. Not gonna lie I think it's pretty dumb to make this a level cap, each weapon can unlock as you unlock a Jason. So currently the highest Jason to unlock is Part at 44, yet you gotta wait till 113 for weapon swap... 

Weapon swap being 113 isn't bad, it could be worse it could be 200 but 113 isn't bad, I thought it would be level 100 or at least after you unlock the last Jason. Just take XP weekends to grind that's what I plan on doing. I'm level 84 so I have a lot to do.

Wow! 113? That’s way too high, especially for people who are either new at the game or don’t have much time to play. When the level cap went up to 150 it took me about 2 weeks grinding on bots to get maxed out. Thank goodness for offline bots, I started playing from the beginning and I can remember how frustrating it was leveling up only playing multiplayer.

5 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Part 4, 8 and Savini will take down doors even faster with the machete and shears. Those weapons are already a bit faster, so this should be interesting.

At least that is my take on the “game changer” comment.

I'm 150 but this might be a bit steep for some people. I played for a year fairly consistently and I didn't reach 150 til the beginning of this year.

The highest level the friends I have played with have achieved is 58. This will disappoint them.

It's a huge mistake. So many people will come back, hearing of this great new feature, only to hear they need to grind another 200 hours to unlock it. This is one of the most worthwhile additions in the new update, maybe the most worthwhile.

6 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's a huge mistake. So many people will come back, hearing of this great new feature, only to hear they need to grind another 200 hours to unlock it. This is one of the most worthwhile additions in the new update, maybe the most worthwhile.

Once again it will give them a reason to keep playing so they can reach that level it's not hard to understand.

i think 75-85 would have been the sweet spot almost double the last jason unlock and not too grindy if you have played the game a decent amount, with the crash and host quitters 

4 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Once again it will give them a reason to keep playing so they can reach that level it's not hard to understand.

people wont come back to grind after the months on months of waiting for an update and whatever new bugs come with the updated engine 

4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Because Part 6 plus machete makes me happy.

Me too. I'm fine with the spear (despite the hit detection issues), but I've been craving the machete he carries on his hip since he released. Gimmie!

Just now, Alkavian said:

Me too. I'm fine with the spear (despite the hit detection issues), but I've been craving the machete he carries on his hip since he released. Gimmie!

I wonder if he will still have the one on his belt when he's carrying one around.

To be honest 113 is stupid high. This team needs to learn how to make a proper progression system. Gameplay elements that add vastly to how the game is played shouldn't be placed as a high level unlock in this game. In some games it is fine because other mechanics offset the higher ones as jumping points in progression. In this game it is a terrible idea because there is nothing substantial between the final gameplay enhancing unlock and this one. Just 70 levels of clothes grinding. The only way this could be justified is if there was a steady stream of unlockable gameplay enhancements between those 70 levels. You know, like a real progression system functions.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I wonder if he will still have the one on his belt when he's carrying one around.

That would be a nice touch.

23 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

No it won’t. It will make them stop playing sooner. Nobody wants to grind. Especially players that already left. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

It might have if they had intelligently spaced it out so that you unlock the final weapon at level 113 or so but are unlocking the first ones at say, level 40. Instead they want a herculean level of grind to get it all at once, and most don't have time for that. It's not a good way to handle grinding, people want a sense of progression. This game has always failed at providing that.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

It might have if they had intelligently spaced it out so that you unlock the final weapon at level 113 or so but are unlocking the first ones at say, level 40. Instead they want a herculean level of grind to get it all at once, and most don't have time for that. It's not a good way to handle grinding, people want a sense of progression. This game has always failed at providing that.

EXACTLY! 

Higher than I'd have expected but getting to 113 isn't that hard to reach really. I'd understand complaints but it's not really going to effect game play that much.

In regards to unlock level. I would have made weapon swapping unlocked by weapon a certain amount of levels after the Jason himself was unlocked. Maybe +10 levels for each Jason. For example, you get Part 6 at level 3. The spear would be able to be swapped to other Jasons at level 13.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

There's a reason why they said double xp weekends would be very important to participate in. I'm also sure they will have another xp weekend during the update or soon after.

I'd recommend posting feedback in Shifty's thread as opposed to this one. He's following that post so they may be interested in how players respond. Just fyi.