Jump to content
NytmereZ

Why can’t Jason see behind him?

Recommended Posts

I typically pan 360 around myself when searching an area. Jason doesn't really need a button  to check behind himself. And 1st person view would definitely make Sense and Stealth more viable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Virtual Cabin 2.0 in the woods was a refreshing experience as counselor, when Jason could pop up out of nowhere when you went off the path.

It would never fly in multiplayer though.

The problem is Stalk is completely irrelevant...

1. Too late in the game for its power...should be earlier or better yet...it should be a built in power from the start and the STALK power is replaced with something in between rage

2. If your dealing with a lobby full of time wasting trolls. They will just sit in cabins for the 20 minutes. They don't care whose time they waste...which means Stalk is completely voided out as a power for Jason. Also if someone is the last person alive or last couple. They will again just go for the get out of jail free timeout win. So again..Stalk becomes voided even if the players involved are playing legit strategy. Problem is when they can completely nullify one of your powers to being completely pointless...then something should change.

Maybe Jason should be able to pull out of windows/grab from windows. I'd love to see how they 'handle' that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Virtual Cabin 2.0 in the woods was a refreshing experience as counselor, when Jason could pop up out of nowhere when you went off the path.

It would never fly in multiplayer though.

The problem is Stalk is completely irrelevant...

1. Too late in the game for its power...should be earlier or better yet...it should be a built in power from the start and the STALK power is replaced with something in between rage

2. If your dealing with a lobby full of time wasting trolls. They will just sit in cabins for the 20 minutes. They don't care whose time they waste...which means Stalk is completely voided out as a power for Jason. Also if someone is the last person alive or last couple. They will again just go for the get out of jail free timeout win. So again..Stalk becomes voided even if the players involved are playing legit strategy. Problem is when they can completely nullify one of your powers to being completely pointless...then something should change.

Maybe Jason should be able to pull out of windows/grab from windows. I'd love to see how they 'handle' that one.

How would window pulling work? Jason players would just spam the grab button when counselors jump through or climb into a window, not a good option. There is a reason why Jason can’t pull counselors through windows, it would be a cheap strategy that all Jason’s would use once a counselor gets through the window. There are easy ways to deal with window loopers rather than Jason being able to pull a counselor through a window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

How would window pulling work? Jason players would just spam the grab button when counselors jump through or climb into a window, not a good option. There is a reason why Jason can’t pull counselors through windows, it would be a cheap strategy that all Jason’s would use once a counselor gets through the window. There are easy ways to deal with window loopers rather than Jason being able to pull a counselor through a window.

.... If they jum through it it wouldn´t work , but if they normally go through you press E/X and something similar like the car pull out Animation would Play... I would also work if they are near the window so you don´t have to wait that they go through the window.

Quote

When people lock themselves in a room.  Why bust the door down?  When you can just use stalk and wait..    and when they open the door.  Instantly TURN off Stalk and go at them.  (Thats how you build up tension and pull off a jump scare )

I did that and I would love to do that... but it costs so much time and the counselors will use that time to repair Things. They also still can scream even in stalk what breaks everythings. If you could pull them through the window... that would be awesome. They´re just Standing there , searching through the drawers and....BOOM , Jason just grabbed you.

But it would be nice if you could toggle stalk anytime on and off without depleting.

I love Standing there and grabbing them out of nowhere or going in to a house where the doors aren´t locked yet... open the door , wait and when they want to Close it... you grab them... but you pretty much have to Play aggresive if you want to get them all (which is so stupid.... a good Jason should jumpscare and not shift-grab in my opinion.... I hate to shift-grab because it doesn´t feel like Jason....but otherwise I take my time and they already repaired the freakin´car!

Jason never be like....Oooh , counselors! I just gonna kill that guy , so everybody will see me!.... Maybe this is a parallel universe Jason? That would explain why he constantly shift grabs....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

How would window pulling work? Jason players would just spam the grab button when counselors jump through or climb into a window, not a good option. There is a reason why Jason can’t pull counselors through windows, it would be a cheap strategy that all Jason’s would use once a counselor gets through the window. There are easy ways to deal with window loopers rather than Jason being able to pull a counselor through a window.

Technically Jason already can, it just depends at which at stage of the animation the counselor is at. If they dive through the window, they can take 50% damage (cripple state) through 20% broken glass damage + 30% knife damage (timed instantly after they exit anim) necessitating the use of 1 med spray, and that is guaranteed for any non-Thick Skin counselor. There is no possible counter. If they climb their animation can of course be reset (leaving them back outside) with slash / knife or even grabbed if it is early enough in the animation.
 

Tip: Never preemptively barricade doors, only do it when Jason is on your back. Otherwise he is forcing you through broken windows meaning you take damage when he is not even there.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

.... If they jum through it it wouldn´t work , but if they normally go through you press E/X and something similar like the car pull out Animation would Play... I would also work if they are near the window so you don´t have to wait that they go through the window.

What I’m trying to say is that if a counselor jumps through a window they still have half a second delay on getting to their feet, it would leave them vulnerable to an easy window grab, which would be really cheap. It’s a balancing issue, cabins are literally counselors only save haven and Jason can still break into the cabins so it’s not really a save haven. Counselors are extremely vulnerable outdoors, I don’t see the need for window grabbing UNLESS they abuse it by window looping, if there was a way the game could detect whether a counselor is window looping or not then Jason could grab them through the window. But during a jumping animation or even a climbing animation (which Jason can still grab you in this animation or swing at you) it would leave the counselors reallt vulnerable to a window grab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

What I’m trying to say is that if a counselor jumps through a window they still have half a second delay on getting to their feet, it would leave them vulnerable to an easy window grab, which would be really cheap. It’s a balancing issue, cabins are literally counselors only save haven and Jason can still break into the cabins so it’s not really a save haven. Counselors are extremely vulnerable outdoors, I don’t see the need for window grabbing UNLESS they abuse it by window looping, if there was a way the game could detect whether a counselor is window looping or not then Jason could grab them through the window. But during a jumping animation or even a climbing animation (which Jason can still grab you in this animation or swing at you) it would leave the counselors reallt vulnerable to a window grab.

If they jump through it , you only have like one Frame to hit or grab them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Technically Jason already can, it just depends at which at stage of the animation the counselor is at. If they dive through the window, they can take 50% damage (cripple state) through 20% broken glass damage + 30% knife damage (timed instantly after they exit anim) necessitating the use of 1 med spray, and that is guaranteed for any non-Thick Skin counselor. There is no possible counter. If they climb their animation can of course can be reset (leaving them back outside) with slash / knife or even grabbed if it is early enough in the animation.
 

Tip: Don't barricade doors as counselor unless Jason is on your back.

I’m still trying to time it right, getting better at it though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dead Meme said:

I’m still trying to time it right, getting better at it though! 

Keep practicing, you will get it :) 
Dive animation is approx 4.5s, as long as you remember that it will give you a good estimate of when to throw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Keep practicing, you will get it :) 
Dive animation is 4.5s, as long as you remember that it will give you a good estimate of when to throw.

Awesome! Now, I just gotta get that 4.5s, in my muscle memory! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Awesome! Now, I just gotta get that 4.5s, in my muscle memory! 

Yep, once you get that 4.5s in your head, it will become natural and you'll consistently get it. Just remember that the counselor can do absolutely nothing about it, providing you time it just as they leave the animation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Yep, once you get that 4.5s in your head, it will become natural and you'll consistently get it. Just remember that the counselor can do absolutely nothing about it, providing you time it just as they leave the animation.

Yes, but I've noticed that when you're not the host, knife throws, are kinda delayed for me. But other than that, I shouldn't have a problem! Man, what would this Fourm, do without your great Tips and tricks! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Yes, but I've noticed that when you're not the host, knife throws, are kinda delayed for me. But other than that, I shouldn't have a problem! Man, what would this Fourm, do without your great Tips and tricks! :) 

Thanks so much :) Yes sub-optimal ping is a problem definitely, in that case you definitely want to limit knife throws to close range only without any aiming whatosever. Otherwise the counselor will simply dodge it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Technically Jason already can, it just depends at which at stage of the animation the counselor is at. If they dive through the window, they can take 50% damage (cripple state) through 20% broken glass damage + 30% knife damage (timed instantly after they exit anim) necessitating the use of 1 med spray, and that is guaranteed for any non-Thick Skin counselor. There is no possible counter. If they climb their animation can of course be reset (leaving them back outside) with slash / knife or even grabbed if it is early enough in the animation.
 

Tip: Never preemptively barricade doors, only do it when Jason is on your back. Otherwise he is forcing you through broken windows meaning you take damage when he is not even there.

Yeah , I kinda experienced that too but it never happened again , so  I thought the guy already damaged himself. But I learned you can hit through Windows with Part IX´s Axe and hit them directly but that doesn´t work always.

So you have to time it , when they lay a bit on the ground , then destroy the window and when they´re Standing throw the knive or what?

Thanks man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

So you have to time it , when they lay a bit on the ground , then destroy the window and when they´re Standing throw the knive or what?

Thanks man!

Well it is a little bit tricky since even when they are standing, they are still in the animation for approx 1 second so you have to have an accurate estimate of when they exit. Otherwise you will only deal 30% damage from the knife. It is simply a programming error that the damage check is at the end of the anim rather than at the start, so if you hit knife too early it cancels the 20% broken glass damage. Monkey devs (banana icon).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Well it is a little bit tricky since even when they are standing, they are still in the animation for approx 1 second so you have to have an accurate estimate of when they exit. Otherwise you will only deal 30% damage from the knife. It is simply a programming error that the damage check is at the end of the anim rather than at the start, so if you hit knife too early it cancels the 20% broken glass damage. Monkey devs (banana icon).

But you can´t immediately destroy the window too?

I thought I know a lot but you know extremely much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wanted for Jason to be able to see behind himself, just like a counselor.

Unfortunately the R key on PC makes you plant a trap, and I've often wasted traps by pressing the R key thinking it would allow me to look behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

But you can´t immediately destroy the window too?

I thought I know a lot but you know extremely much.

You can as long as you combat stance it. The prompt doesn't show up until counselor is well out of animation so it is useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

You can as long as you combat stance it. The prompt doesn't show up until counselor is well out of animation so it is useless.

Awesome.

Thanks man , you´re one of the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...