Jump to content
NytmereZ

Why can’t Jason see behind him?

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Takes a very good Jason to put real fear into good counselors. You must basically have mechanical precision to achieve that, which takes a lot of practice.

I haven´t seen him yet and he killed everyone with Tommy in slightly more than 7 minutes. Luckily the cops got called because of great teamplay and i got a pocket knife. I walked down the road in Higgins Haven and stopped all 3 second to have enough Stamina to juke a shift grab. And then...BAAAM , a silent shift-grab out of nowhere , I was so scared I ran , and man how I ran , I didn´t walk normal anymore because the cops were near , his shift was on cooldown , I sweated.... and then... I made it. I felt so released.

https://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FJId1jfM.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2FJId1jfM&docid=rqF7KP7VTS1ncM&tbnid=RQ6fTkB1wHdbQM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwi8gNeg0v3aAhXBoCwKHc_0CA8QMwg7KAAwAA..i&w=260&h=194&bih=964&biw=1920&q=Lord of the rings it´s finally over&ved=0ahUKEwi8gNeg0v3aAhXBoCwKHc_0CA8QMwg7KAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

That only happened to me 2 times before. Once I played with my friend (he played Jason) and got in the boat... he noticed it so I drived near the the Island for to rescue my self. He killed the other one who was in the boat so I had time to escape. I went in the boat again...but it was much uncomfortable , I was scared sh*tless , my heart beated through my chest like a Xenomorph , but I got away. This effect lasted on me 12 another minutes.

And the other time was the Virtual Cabin 2.0 (WHICH IS IN FIRST PERSON). At some Point , I just couldn´t stand it anymore. I thought Jason came , it stole my last nerve I had. I didn´t want to hide , he should just kill me so it´s over.

I froze. I couldn´t move , I was that scared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I think some people are skipping some posts. As I said Jason can remain in third person but if they added an option to toggle him it would be cool. Play him in whatever perspective you like. I think counselors should be in first person or at least have a lobby option to that end. It would add some value to play. Making games possible where counselors play in first person would up the scare factor for them. Hell, add a lean function so counselors can lean around corners in first person. My main point is first person counselors would be a hell of a lot more scarier. 

Yeah I only see it working like that. I prefer third person myself. I only like 1st for fps and that is about it. But an option couldn't hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Jason doesn´t Need first Person as an Option. Try to Jumpscare them when you can´t look around Corners. Counselors could usean Option. You couldn´t around Corners until it is too late. Just think panicly running away as you saw Jason , coming out of nowhere , directly in front of you with an Option for an shaking camera.... Man that would be extremely terrifying now that I think of it.... there would be less trolling because they are afraid.... and I would definetely sh*t my pants and puke my heart out.

No. Reason is because it would be incredibly easy for Jason to kill especially a good Jason. Think about this logically, there is a reason why the killer is in first person in DBD and the survivors are in third person. A third person killer and a first person counselor makes the killers job a cakewalk, especially with newbies. Not trying to bash the idea but that would make many of the people playing this game not want to play anymore and the playerbase already is dwindling. Nice idea, but if that’s the case than both the killer AND counselor should be in first person. If anything it should be an option but not mandatory. Why wouldn’t the killer be in first person? Because you wanna see Jason? Well...being frankly honest, looking at the counselors diverse clothing options is more  aesthetically pleasing to the eye than looking at Jason. Even the devs have stated that they don’t like a lot of jumpscares...jumpscares do not equal scary, which is a crutch that a lot of horror movies rely on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

No. Reason is because it would be incredibly easy for Jason to kill especially a good Jason. Think about this logically, there is a reason why the killer is in first person in DBD and the survivors are in third person. A third person killer and a first person counselor makes the killers job a cakewalk, especially with newbies. Not trying to bash the idea but that would make many of the people playing this game not want to play anymore and the playerbase already is dwindling. Nice idea, but if that’s the case than both the killer AND counselor should be in first person. If anything it should be an option but not mandatory. Why wouldn’t the killer be in first person? Because you wanna see Jason? Well...being frankly honest, looking at the counselors diverse clothing options is more  aesthetically pleasing to the eye than looking at Jason. Even the devs have stated that they don’t like a lot of jumpscares...jumpscares do not equal scary, which is a crutch that a lot of horror movies rely on. 

AS I said , it could be an OPTION which is OPTIONAL to use.

Especially experienced Counselors would get a look at the game and make it harder it harder for them , because in a Lobby where every one ( Jason and Counselors) is Lvl 150 , Counselors are also  most likely to get most counselors to escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game already proves that it is possible. And that shit was starting the first time. Now imagine having to constantly check your surroundings so you aren't being snuck up on. People would be paranoid and that's how it should be. 

It's a horror game not a Sims dress up party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

The game already proves that it is possible. And that shit was starting the first time. Now imagine having to constantly check your surroundings so you aren't being snuck up on. People would be paranoid and that's how it should be. 

Yeah, it would be cool for that aspect alone. Especially if just for counselors.  Like I stated, I prefer third person and almost always hate first outside of shooters, and the original pc version of Aliens vs. Predator. But I would definitely give it a try as a counselor to see how much tension it added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

The game already proves that it is possible. And that shit was starting the first time. Now imagine having to constantly check your surroundings so you aren't being snuck up on. People would be paranoid and that's how it should be. 

Thats how it definetely should be. Always being scared that he is right behind you.

Once I walked with someone to the boat with the parts and then....Boom...Jason came out of nowhere behind me and killed me. We only jogged there so he could catch up with stalk. Man I screamed because there was no way to know that he was directly behind me without shifting.

Counselors are definetely in to much Control when they can just immediately look behind you and know exactly when you want to throw a knife , and always know when you shift. It´s an unfair Advantage that doesn´t make sense , like knowing who is dead and alive and where all the other counselors are.

Like they have an eye on their Back....kinda like Daisy´s third eye.

https://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fvignette.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fssb%2Fimages%2F7%2F70%2FEso.png%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20140626075223&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsupersmashbros.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FDaisy%27s_Third_Eye&docid=Na3v3lKEhZgMbM&tbnid=8vI_DsCe-tb2tM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiMrJrL4f3aAhWDECwKHUj0AicQMwg_KAAwAA..i&w=320&h=240&bih=964&biw=1920&q=Daisy´s third eye&ved=0ahUKEwiMrJrL4f3aAhWDECwKHUj0AicQMwg_KAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

AS I said , it could be an OPTION which is OPTIONAL to use.

Especially experienced Counselors would get a look at the game and make it harder it harder for them , because in a Lobby where every one ( Jason and Counselors) is Lvl 150 , Counselors are also  most likely to get most counselors to escape.

 I typically don’t like first person, unless it is Alien Isolation...but let’s face it Friday the 13th is no Alien Isolation. I just don’t think that first person is necessary in this game, it could be down the road but there are many other things that they could focus on rather than first person mode. Virtual Cabin is most likely the most that we will see out of first person. I get that people want to experience the game like the movies, but Single Player is most likely the most “movie related” that we will get. As the devs have stated, multiplayer is when ALL the counselors know that Jason is in the area, it is hard to sneak up on counselors. I just can’t get behind the idea of first person as a counselor but not as Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

 I typically don’t like first person, unless it is Alien Isolation...but let’s face it Friday the 13th is no Alien Isolation. I just don’t think that first person is necessary in this game, it could be down the road but there are many other things that they could focus on rather than first person mode. Virtual Cabin is most likely the most that we will see out of first person. I get that people want to experience the game like the movies, but Single Player is most likely the most “movie related” that we will get. As the devs have stated, multiplayer is when ALL the counselors know that Jason is in the area, it is hard to sneak up on counselors. I just can’t get behind the idea of first person as a counselor but not as Jason

Why dbd has the survivors in 3rd and the killers in 1st just to neuter the killers and give more of an edge to the survivors. What would be wrong with an option to make it like a hardcore mode for the counselors who would play like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Why dbd has the survivors in 3rd and the killers in 1st just to neuter the killers and give more of an edge to the survivors. What would be wrong with an option to make it like a hardcore mode for the counselors who would play like that?

No...in DBD you can actually hide from the killer and sometimes he’ll walk right past you. You feel more tension in DBD over F13 despite the fact that the killer is in first person. If it was first person on F13 it would neuter the counselors, it works both ways not just one way. The third person has the clear advantage, except in DBD the killer is faster than the survivor and knocks them down in two hits (sometimes just one) which is why the killer is in first person. F13 on the other hand both Jason and the counselors are in third person...sure have an option for BOTH Jason and the counselor to be in first person but don’t make it mandatory. Anyways if the lobby leader had the choice to toggle between first and third person, more than likely half the lobby would leave anyways and a hardcore mode would just split the playerbase EVEN further. It’s a bad idea unless it is something you can toggle on your own specific Jason or counselor, don’t make the entire lobby play in first person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

No...in DBD you can actually hide from the killer and sometimes he’ll walk right past you. You feel more tension in DBD over F13 despite the fact that the killer is in first person. If it was first person on F13 it would neuter the counselors, it works both ways not just one way. The third person has the clear advantage. In DBD the killer is faster than the survivor and knocks them down in two hits (sometimes just one) which is why the killer is in first person. F13 on the other hand both Jason and the counselors are in third person...sure have an option for BOTH Jason and the counselor to be in first person but don’t make it mandatory. Anyways if the lobby leader had the choice to toggle between first and third person, more than likely half the lobby would leave anyways and a hardcore mode would just split the playerbase EVEN further. It’s a bad idea unless it is something you can toggle on your own specific Jason or counselor, don’t make the entire lobby play in first person.

Yeah, that is the only option I could see working, but would be awesome, and I believe having an option toggled like this was what the other guys were talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

No...in DBD you can actually hide from the killer and sometimes he’ll walk right past you. You feel more tension in DBD over F13 despite the fact that the killer is in first person. 

DBD has a ton of shitty game mechanics.   And killers being stuck in 1st person while the survivors get 3rd person is one of those shitty mechanics.

I don't feel any tension when playing DBD.. over F13th.     As matter of fact if it was the reverse id actually enjoy playing DBD alot more. DBD is backwards on many things, and camera view is one of them.

It makes zero sense for survivors in DBD to be able to use 3rd person and see around corners while the killer doesn't.

On a side not 1st person counselor kills do look pretty awesome...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the processing is the same, I don't see why different modes couldn't be used to try different POVs. I would like to explore this world in first person as a counselor. As Jason it might bring with it balance problems that would need to be fixed. 

It would be fun to try and play tag/hide and seek/manhunt in F13 as counselors in first person, on small maps it would be tense. Manhunt especially would be an awesome week long gift to those who need something new. Get ride of the mini map and let counselors see sound pings. Use the bloody skins to indicate who's a hunter. Maybe let counselors stun the hunters so they can escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

DBD has a ton of shitty game mechanics.   And killers being stuck in 1st person while the survivors get 3rd person is one of those shitty mechanics.

I don't feel any tension when playing DBD.. over F13th.     As matter of fact if it was the reverse id actually enjoy playing DBD alot more. DBD is backwards on many things, and camera view is one of them.

It makes zero sense for survivors in DBD to be able to use 3rd person and see around corners while the killer doesn't.

On a side not 1st person counselor kills do look pretty awesome...lol

Maybe because I’ve only been playing DBD for about a month and a half and I’ve been playing F13 for about a year. I have absolutely no tension when against Jason unless he kills everybody quick and I’m left to fend for myself and he is a really good player. Honestly Jason does not feel intimidating especially Part 5 and Part 8’s music, the loud blaring is more of an annoyance than a tension builder. As I have stated, you are a lot more vulnerable in DBD due to campy killers, the killer being faster than you, and two hits and you are down (sometimes even one). The killer needs some kind of disadvantage or he’d be really OP. Not to mention I have a reason to play DBD due to the progression/presrige system. Why play F13 when I’ve done all I can do? There is nothing left besides two grindy Jason trophies. I like both games and they have ups and down but I have a reason to go back to DBD while with F13 I don’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JennyMyers1984 said:

Maybe because I’ve only been playing DBD for about a month and a half and I’ve been playing F13 for about a year. I have absolutely no tension when against Jason unless he kills everybody quick and I’m left to fend for myself and he is a really good player. Honestly Jason does not feel intimidating especially Part 5 and Part 8’s music, the loud blaring is more of an annoyance than a tension builder. 

And when Jason go stalk....?   No tension?

The tension and scares in F13th does come down to how the Jason players plays when using Stalk.

Stalk is an Art form...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

And when Jason go stalk....?   No tension?

The tension and scares in F13th does come down to how the Jason players plays when using Stalk.

Stalk is an Art form...lol

Absolutely not...nobody knows how to probably use stalk and even then all you have to do is look at Jason and stalk isn’t useful because his music starts playing again. Lock yourself in a room and he is gonna have to bust through the door. Myers low terror radius has much more tension than Jason’s stalk, just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Absolutely not...nobody knows how to probably use stalk and even then all you have to do is look at Jason and stalk isn’t useful because his music starts playing again. Lock yourself in a room and he is gonna have to bust through the door. Myers low terror radius has much more tension than Jason’s stalk, just saying.

Nobody knows how to use stalk?   Oooh common now..  Tons of people are really good at using Stalk.    Hell i don't even try till i get stalk.

Stalk used correctly means...  You don't even know Jason is out there.  Infact even if you did spot him...you would start to question yourself..  "is he gone..?"  If used correctly.  

Stalk with only using Morph/Shift to move...and taking your time.  Really is an art form.    

When people lock themselves in a room.  Why bust the door down?  When you can just use stalk and wait..    and when they open the door.  Instantly TURN off Stalk and go at them.  (Thats how you build up tension and pull off a jump scare )

 

And unlike DBD Mikey.. Jason is gonna carve that ass up.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Nobody knows how to use stalk?   Oooh common now..  Tons of people are really good at using Stalk.    Hell i don't even try till i get stalk.

Stalk used correctly means...  You don't even know Jason is out there.  Infact even if you did spot him...you would start to question yourself..  "is he gone..?"  If used correctly.  

Stalk with only using Morph/Shift to move...and taking your time.  Really is an art form.    

When people lock themselves in a room.  Why bust the door down?  When you can just use stalk and wait..    and when they open the door.  Instantly TURN off Stalk and go at them.  (Thats how you build up tension and pull off a jump scare )

 

And unlike DBD Mikey.. Jason is gonna carve that ass up.

 

Well QP on PS4 isn’t that intelligent. Most people won’t lie and wait, they go straight for the kill and tunnel you until you run out of stamina. Can’t say I haven’t been one or two steps ahead of MOST of the Jason’s I’ve faced. Not saying I haven’t had a few jumpscares but it is a rarity. As I said, Michael’s terror radius is more intimidating than Jason’s stalk. Now if Jason had a permanent stalk until a chase began that would be more fear inducing. Stalk should be a passive ability, not something Jason toggles on and off. I may be in the minority but I’ve always preferred Michael over Jason in the movies. The Halloween movies are leagues better than F13 movies, at least the first two Halloween movies...after the first two not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, silencedeffect said:

 I think the "stealth" aspect of the game is also a reason.

This.  Especially inside cabins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Well QP on PS4 isn’t that intelligent. Most people won’t lie and wait, they go straight for the kill and tunnel you until you run out of stamina. Can’t say I haven’t been one or two steps ahead of MOST of the Jason’s I’ve faced. Not saying I haven’t had a few jumpscares but it is a rarity. As I said, Michael’s terror radius is more intimidating than Jason’s stalk. Now if Jason had a permanent stalk until a chase began that would be more fear inducing. Stalk should be a passive ability, not something Jason toggles on and off. I may be in the minority but I’ve always preferred Michael over Jason in the movies. The Halloween movies are leagues better than F13 movies, at least the first two Halloween movies...after the first two not so much.

Well, You can't really use dumb people as a measuring stick for anything.

You should only look at better players.. Or, How you use Stalk.

I mean..  The toggle aspect is what makes it brilliant.  Because you can use the music against the counselors.   

And, Knowing when to TURN off Stalk at the right moment just adds to a jump scare effect...  I usually turn it off a second before going for a Grab.  Just for effect of it all.

So from the counselors perspective its dead silent..  Get in close with Jason, manually or with shift... Stalk gets turned off and the music plays a split second before they get grabbed.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well, You can't really use dumb people as a measuring stick for anything.

You should only look at better players.. Or, How you use Stalk.

I mean..  The toggle aspect is what makes it brilliant.  Because you can use the music against the counselors.   

And, Knowing when to TURN off Stalk at the right moment just adds to a jump scare effect...  I usually turn it off a second before going for a Grab.  Just for effect of it all.

So from the counselors perspective its dead silent..  Get in close with Jason, manually or with shift... Stalk gets turned off and the music plays a split second before they get grabbed.  

 

 

 

You can’t toggle stalk. You can toggle sense without completely depleting it but when you toggle stalk it COMPLETELY depletes it. So unless you have a Jason with good stalk it’s not as effective. Like my main is Part 3, he isn’t great using stalk...you can’t toggle it because it takes ages for it to build back up. I use stalk sometimes but it’s not my main strategy for catching counselors, it’s mainly for psyching out window loopers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Survival horror as come a long way. I felt like this game was unfair a lot.. I think the point is... Jason is suppose to be unfair..

 

Just my thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JennyMyers1984 I completely agree that the Halloween movies are better. As for stalk, I have to admit I don't use it nearly as much as I should. I wish you could toggle it on and off like sense. It'd be more useful that way. Turn on stalk than morph. Sense the area turn stalk off if nobody is nearby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Counselors should be in first person. I don't really care about the killers perspective that much. If Jason could toggle between first and third that would be fine. But, counselors should be in first person for suspense.

I'd be ok with it for counselors, but I am pretty sure it'll never happen. All the 12 year old boys that got their parents to buy the swimsuit pack so they could see more of Tiffany's ass will have a meltdown if they can't see her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...