NytmereZ

Why can’t Jason see behind him?

Simple as that, doesn’t make sense everyone else can see behind them, it would make people think twice about running up behind Jason , and make the game more exciting.

6 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Simple as that, doesn’t make sense everyone else can see behind them, it would make people think twice about running up behind Jason , and make the game more exciting.

Which button?

A better question is, why is the game in third person? It would be hell of a lot more scarier and more challenging in first person. No more panning camera around corners or keeping track of Jason from afar. 

• Like 4

The counselors have a shoulder button to see behind themselves, I figured it was an unnoticeable button Jason had. I feel sorry for Jason being smacked from behind from time to time, but at times I've literally seen him walk away from swings (especially while gripping on counselors), so I sometimes wonder if he even needs more visual aids along with his powers. I think the "stealth" aspect of the game is also a reason.

10 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

A better question is, why is the game in third person? It would be hell of a lot more scarier and more challenging in first person. No more panning camera around corners or keeping track of Jason from afar. 

One of my biggest gripes about Dead by daylight is that killers play in 1st person. I payed 5 dollars to play as Michael Meyers and I never get to see him. I like the 3rd person view as Jason because I want to see Jason.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

One of my biggest gripes about Dead by daylight is that killers play in 1st person. I payed 5 dollars to play as Michael Meyers and I never get to see him. I like the 3rd person view as Jason because I want to see Jason.

I think hes referring to councelors being in 1st, DBD has it backwards

14 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

What horror game had first person that made people wet themselves? I think it an alien chasing you or something, I can't remember the name. If only we had more horror games in first person.

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

What horror game had first person that made people wet themselves? I think it an alien chasing you or something, I can't remember the name. If only we had more horror games in first person.

I dont wanna say triple A, so i'll say mainstream games rarely get it right, mostly indie games know how to make true scares

1 minute ago, DeadlyD said:

I dont wanna say triple A, so i'll say mainstream games rarely get it right, mostly indie games know how to make true scares

Alien Isolation had the best horror game ever. The A.I was scary and was tough on people, made me scream a bunch when I streamed it and people were laughing at me. I had no weapons to take on the alien, you had to be smart, you needed to be sneaky, you needed to be very careful. saves were far from each other so you if you died you had to do it all over again, that was a triple A game that made the best horror game. There are many indie games that have made horror games but they can't beat Aliens 

lmo3LzS.gif

If Gun could bring horror like that to Friday the 13th I would be happy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Alien Isolation had the best horror game ever. The A.I was scary and was tough on people, made me scream a bunch when I streamed it and people were laughing at me. I had no weapons to take on the alien, you had to be smart, you needed to be sneaky, you needed to be very careful. saves were far from each other so you if you died you had to do it all over again, that was a triple A game that made the best horror game. There are many indie games that have made horror games but they can't beat Aliens 

lmo3LzS.gif

If Gun could bring horror like that to Friday the 13th I would be happy. 

Yes alien isolation was amazing, i have that under mainstream as its well known an triple A, but i said "mainstream" to include other games like F13 an DBD, i want 1st person in F13, even from a i guess you could say "mechanical" view, stalk is useless to Jason since 3rd person is a thing, idk about everyone else but i dont even use it anymore an havn't since maybe a month after launch

Just now, DeadlyD said:

Yes alien isolation was amazing, i have that under mainstream as its well known an triple A, but i said "mainstream" to include other games like F13 an DBD, i want 1st person in F13, even from a i guess you could say "mechanical" view, stalk is useless to Jason since 3rd person is a thing, idk about everyone else but i dont even use it anymore an havn't since maybe a month after launch

I know a few people who have used stalk, I've rarely used it because people can spot you even in stalk very quickly 

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

P. T. Was pretty scary

1 hour ago, AdmiralJT said:

Counselors should be in first person. I don't really care about the killers perspective that much. If Jason could toggle between first and third that would be fine. But, counselors should be in first person for suspense.

5 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

P. T. Was pretty scary

It was a pretty scary game but it was just a demo and not a full game which made it less of an impact on me. That's why it's lower on my list. If only it got made 

7 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Yeah but only counselors (or both but only if we have a Option). Another way how to make the game scarier. Some speculate Grendel will have first Person. ( Well if you shift , youre in first Person.... with a glitch you can also shift in third Person but that makes it only harder).

7 hours ago, Brigadius said:

no it wouldn't first person games blow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pioneer67fkd said:

You did it. I don't know how but you have swayed me with your superior argument. 

First person is a great way to build tension especially in the horror genre. It is definitely a missed opportunity here. 

1 hour ago, pioneer67fkd said:

If it´s just a Option , it doesn´t affect you. It´s just if you want a challenge and/or make it scaaaaariiiah!

9 hours ago, Brigadius said:

No way, dude. I love this game in third person and actually being able to see the Jason model. Besides, most of the established gameplay mechanics wouldn't work otherwise.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

No way, dude. I love this game in third person and actually being able to see the Jason model. Besides, most of the established gameplay mechanics wouldn't work otherwise.

Yeah , Jason should definetely third Person as an Advantage and so you can see him... I would be heartbroken , if I couldn´t see mah Boy Jason anymore.

9 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Alien Isolation was definitely a great game, no question. I enjoyed it immensely. But F13 will never ever provide that experience. I know a lot of players expect that from the game but it's simply not going to happen, they are 2 very very different games. Even though F13 tries hard to be a survival horror, it is basically anything but. It is closer to a straight PvP if anything.

9 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Alien Isolation was definitely a great game, no question. I enjoyed it immensely. But F13 will never ever provide that experience. I know a lot of players expect that from the game but it's simply not going to happen, they are 2 very very different games. Even though F13 tries hard to be a survival horror, it is basically anything but. It is closer to a straight PvP if anything.

I don´t really think it tries to hard too hard at that Point. Remember emotes and teabagging? Yeah. If we push it , it might Change. I am sometimes scared when Jason is Level 150... My heart beat so hard , I nearly puked.... I am not kidding... it can work , if Jason doesn´t get trolled.

9 hours ago, Brigadius said:

People would complain if if was first person and you were playing as Jason. If that is the case, the counselor AND Jason should be in first person. It would make for stealthier gameplay as Jason cannot pan his camera around either. Although I don’t see the need to add first person either Jason or the counselor 

1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

People would complain if if was first person and you were playing as Jason. If that is the case, the counselor AND Jason should be in first person. It would make for stealthier gameplay as Jason cannot pan his camera around either. Although I don’t see the need to add first person either Jason or the counselor 

Jason doesn´t Need first Person as an Option. Try to Jumpscare them when you can´t look around Corners. Counselors could usean Option. You couldn´t around Corners until it is too late. Just think panicly running away as you saw Jason , coming out of nowhere , directly in front of you with an Option for an shaking camera.... Man that would be extremely terrifying now that I think of it.... there would be less trolling because they are afraid.... and I would definetely sh*t my pants and puke my heart out.

8 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I don´t really think it tries to hard too hard at that Point. Remember emotes and teabagging? Yeah. If we push it , it might Change. I am sometimes scared when Jason is Level 150... My heard beat so hard , I nearly puked.... I am not kidding... it can work , if Jason doesn´t get trolled.

Takes a very good Jason to put real fear into good counselors. You must basically have mechanical precision to achieve that, which takes a lot of practice.

I think some people are skipping some posts. As I said Jason can remain in third person but if they added an option to toggle him it would be cool. Play him in whatever perspective you like. I think counselors should be in first person or at least have a lobby option to that end. It would add some value to play. Making games possible where counselors play in first person would up the scare factor for them. Hell, add a lean function so counselors can lean around corners in first person. My main point is first person counselors would be a hell of a lot more scarier.