Manny1985

Stream Recap and discussions

14 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

People still not used to game culture?

I love being apart of the game culture! 

tumblr_m48zmkZzgW1qjwjobo1_500.gif

24 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I love being apart of the game culture! 

I love ya @Ghostboy20. But you're technically saying you love being removed from it.

"a part" = included in
"apart" = removed from

Love,
- An Irritating Copy Editor ? 

A.J. and Mitch together makes me physically uncomfortable. Just...no. Outside of that the single player challenges look great! Much better than I expected.

35 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I love ya @Ghostboy20. But you're technically saying you love being removed from it.

"a part" = included in
"apart" = removed from

Love,

I'm dead, of course I'm not apart of it anymore xD 

18 hours ago, nowjoshua said:

Do you have a photo of Fox’s face? I’m curious to see te difference 

They made her skin texture look more realistic.

972C3B95-4899-4AB2-88B6-B35268A7F581.jpeg

I'm sort of skimming through while I kill the last few minutes of work.

Not sure which challenge this is (I'm guessing the second), but one of the challenges for it is to boil AJ's face in the kitchen. At 47:30, he goes into the kitchen and picks her up but there's not prompt at the pot to boil her... He even walked over to it expecting the prompt. Anyone notice other instances like this?

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Not sure which challenge this is (I'm guessing the second), but one of the challenges for it is to boil AJ's face in the kitchen. At 47:30, he goes into the kitchen and picks her up but there's not prompt at the pot to boil her... He even walked over to it expecting the prompt. Anyone notice other instances like this?

Challenge 2. I did notice counselors still running towards Jason. 

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

You're supposed to do a "special" single player only version of that kill by walking up behind her, stealthily, and pressing the kill button without grabbing her first.

I got a screenshot of Challenge #3, but obviously I can't load it here. SPOLIER!!!

Lights Out

The car is dead and the power is out, something has to be wrong! Also, Chad once again forgot to fill the generator with gas, so Jason must punish them all.

So Close - Smash AJ and Kenny's heads  together just before they escape

Moving Violation - Stop any counselor in their tracks with a stop sign

Door Jam - Smash any counselor's head in with a door

Pruning - Use a tree to rip off any counselor's arms

Speed Demon - Kill both counselors within 2 minutes of the mission start

@MichaelMemers that makes sense.

They mention anything about the car kill? Slamming the hood down on their head is cool but in the teaser where Jason yanked out the jack dropping the car on Adam's head, well that was just beautiful.

5 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

They mention anything about the car kill? Slamming the hood down on their head is cool but in the teaser where Jason yanked out the jack dropping the car on Adam's head, well that was just beautiful.

What do you mean? Both kills are still in the challenge.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:47 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

It was a fail for me. Wes talked the entire time about light and how good the light looked and how the new rendering improved the light and how much better the light looks now... like it... was supposed to... in........ Beta. Hmmm. So you mean the new engine finally makes the game look like Beta over a year ago? Ok. That’s why so many of us are not impressed because the game will finally look like it was actually promoted to be so how is that a monumental accomplishment. Sns, somebody needed to say it. 

Also, I was trying to read the comments and the consensus from what people were flooding was:

1) When will the engine be done? “Very soon. We’re at the finish line”

2) Will Savini be available for everyone in new engine? Unanswered/no

3) Show us Victoria Unanswered

4) When is Jason X and Grendel coming? Unanswered 

5) Is Paranoia cancelled or when is it coming? Unanswered 

So basically, nobody watching the stream really cared about single player challenges and the questions the majority of fans were asking went unanswered. Instead, we know that the single player challenge-specific kills like catching someone while peeing or hanging someone in the barn will not carry over (who honestly thought they would?) As well, we know that they may consider at some point in the future possibly reconsider start-stop transition animations. Ok.

So, again, the fans/customers are finally getting Beta-level graphics, textures, and environments that were initially showcased for the game except over a year later. The devs are packaging this like it’s not a fulfillment, that it’s a blessing from them to us, forgetting that fans have been privy to the disparity in graphics from what the backers were showcased/paid for and what the game actually turned out to be.

Yes, weapon swapping will be cool and a new counselor is always nice but let’s cut the flowers and decoration disguising the fact that the new engine is what the game was promoted and presented as being from the beginning and it’s still not even there. Not to mention that the live demonstration exposed issues that remain like wonky physics, bad facial animations, and rough interaction animations. The existing animations for getting throwing knives, hitting the car, and all the counselor environmental interactions are staying the same for no reason other than laziness. But the light, the light looks amazing, did you see the light? Huge disappointment.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who plays video games.

All game studios present a more graphical impressive version of games at events like E3 etc compared to what finally gets released. Anyone remember the crisis demo or Sony and killzone at E3 ? Take practically any ubisoft game, they even said the watchdogs graphics showcase was a mistake as people felt let down with the release version.

Its a plus they're going back and working on it, as that doesn't always happen. 

44 minutes ago, Truth said:

Moving Violation - Stop any counselor in their tracks with a stop sign

Uh. So how is that going to work?? Is Crossing Guard Jason going to hold the stop sign up and blow a whistle at them?!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Uh. So how is that going to work?? Is Crossing Guard Jason going to hold the stop sign up and blow a whistle at them?!!

Something tells me Jason would rock a sash.

3 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I would imagine so.

2 hours ago, Espy said:

A.J. and Mitch together makes me physically uncomfortable. Just...no. Outside of that the single player challenges look great! Much better than I expected.

Why does the Mitch, AJ hook up bother you?

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

Because Mitch is a skeevy stoner.

On 5/10/2018 at 4:47 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

So basically, nobody watching the stream really cared about single player challenges and the questions the majority of fans were asking went unanswered. Instead, we know that the single player challenge-specific kills like catching someone while peeing or hanging someone in the barn will not carry over (who honestly thought they would?) As well, we know that they may consider at some point in the future possibly reconsider start-stop transition animations. Ok.

I really fail to understand how you think this was a failure in any way.

This was a sneak peek of the single player challenges. That's what was advertised, that's what they promised, that's what they delivered.

I was one of the streamers watching, and I was VERY interested in seeing what happened in the Single Player Challenges, and I greatly enjoyed what I saw.

Yes, there will ALWAYS be a lot of questions being asked in a stream, many of which they don't have the answers to. They answered as many as they could while trying to stay focused on the subject at hand, which was . . . say it with me . . . SINGLE PLAYER CHALLENGES.

I think you expected them to give you the Moon when they only promised you Des Moines, Iowa. And then, when they delivered Des Moines, Iowa instead of the Moon, you were underwhelmed.

12 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

They just don't like right together. Mitch is a skeevy 30-something looking stoner and A.J. looks far younger. It just looks unnatural to me. It'd be like pairing Jenny and Eric.

35 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

What do you mean? Both kills are still in the challenge.

Unless I missed it. 

Adam was fixing the car with the hood up, Jason smacks his head down on the car then smashed his head repeatedly with the hood.

In that first teaser it looked like Adam was changing a tire and Jason snuck up and yanked out the jack dropping the car on Adam who then kicked and writhed. It was sick.

Maybe they're both in there and it just depends what Adam is doing while Brandon takes a leak? 

Wes said he didn't want to get tied down in 'fan fiction' when putting together the challenges and I kinda agree there. So the same characters wouldn't be interacting over and over. As in, every time you see AJ, its not going to be with Adam all the time or vice versa.

As we've seen.

Bugs/Adam

AJ/Mitch

Jenny/Chad

Fox and Victoria aren't involved.

11 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I really fail to understand how you think this was a failure in any way.

This was a sneak peek of the single player challenges. That's what was advertised, that's what they promised, that's what they delivered.

I was one of the streamers watching, and I was VERY interested in seeing what happened in the Single Player Challenges, and I greatly enjoyed what I saw.

Yes, there will ALWAYS be a lot of questions being asked in a stream, many of which they don't have the answers to. They answered as many as they could while trying to stay focused on the subject at hand, which was . . . say it with me . . . SINGLE PLAYER CHALLENGES.

I think you expected them to give you the Moon when they only promised you Des Moines, Iowa. And then, when they delivered Des Moines, Iowa instead of the Moon, you were underwhelmed.

I was watching it and I wasn't 100% happy while watching, everything for single player was cool but to me every time they kept saying they are close just made me want to know what is holding things up. I understand that they can't tell us everything but a little more communication would be nice is all I would like. 

SP looks cool, I do hope they rethink about the fuse kill, that would be more cool to see online. Just change it up a bit. I'll be waiting for the update but I'll also be playing other games till it's out. However I do need to grind if I wanna be able to weapon swap when the update comes out, 113 here I come!

3 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

"a part" = included in
"apart" = removed from

Love,

And here I thought he said it that way intentionally. ?