Manny1985

Stream Recap and discussions

Just now, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Can't believe they didn't say shit about the release date. If it's that close as they say I think they should be able to say at least "This month for sure" or "It's very probably being released at the anniversary". These guys are like the master of disappointments

Really, Really close not a good enough description? I will be sure to remind them to include, dates, times, seconds, and milliseconds in all future updates.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Can't believe they didn't say shit about the release date. If it's that close as they say I think they should be able to say at least "This month for sure" or "It's very probably being released at the anniversary". These guys are like the master of disappointments

If previous updates are any indication, it usually takes them weeks just to get their updates certified and ready for release, and anything could go wrong. They probably have no idea if they can make this month.

1 minute ago, silencedeffect said:

They stream a small sample of whats to come and everyone is in a forgiving mood. Praise him ^_^

Just give it a few comments. The anger will come.

Loving the new grab animation and stinger sound effect. Also wondering since there is a new animation to the grab, is there also gonna he a new pocket knife stab animation. I kinda spaced out when they were talking about most of the girl having the same voice when in a death animation. I do however remember that the beta animations are on their wishlist after dedicated servers. There could possibly be more single player challenges if there is positive feedback.

@Truth I asked the important questions and whatnot. Where's Muffin? Where's paranoia? Why are people still asking for free savini? And, armani stop the Reggie madness. We're just a few. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, we learned the update is not going to be a miracle cure for everything.
Bodies still pop up into the air after kill animations. Part of the models still look weird, like Mitch's teeth glowing. There's slight performance increases but they way Wes was saying it sounded like it wouldn't be much of a difference. The new lighting looks good.

I was a little worried that the challenges might become boring quickly, but after watching I can see them being fun. They look like a pretty authentic and solid Jason experience.   

I'm not 100% digging what I saw of the new grab. There's something disjointed about it, similar to how pocket knife escapes used to be. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

@Truth I asked the important questions and whatnot. Where's Muffin? Where's paranoia? Why are people still asking for free savini? And, armani stop the Reggie madness. We're just a few. 

4 minutes ago, Armani? said:

@Brigadius

Where's Muffin's F13 stream bingo card?

Muffin will get in the game before Reggie. Muffin is so much more better then a kid 

12 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Did anyone get a screen shot of the third challenge, man do I wish I recorded it.

I do have a screenshot but I don't think the devs would like me posting it on here lol 

20 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Really, Really close not a good enough description? I will be sure to remind them to include, dates, times, seconds, and milliseconds in all future updates.

Of course it's not good enough. It's the same if they said "soon" it doesn't change anything.

20 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

If previous updates are any indication, it usually takes them weeks just to get their updates certified and ready for release, and anything could go wrong. They probably have no idea if they can make this month.

I mean if they are that close at least they would be able to say "With the certification for consoles coming on the way. It's probably coming at the end of the month.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I just want to know if the A.I. animations and behaviors will make their way into offline bots mode. 

What animations?

It did look like Mitch got caught on something and was running in place for a second, but then he ended up going towards the exit. Maybe that means the Offline Bot AI will be capable of that. But I'll have to rewatch the video to make sure I saw what I saw. 

But from the way they were talking about it, stuff from the challenges will not make it into multiplayer which means it will not be for Offline Bots either. 

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Another day, more dissapointments. All fluff and no substance.

All fluff, no Muff

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Another day, more dissapointments. All fluff and no substance.

I was really expecting a release date at the end, but instead, we just got the same "soon"

tumblr_mil4q4utPG1rc0luco1_400.gif

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Muffin will get in the game before Reggie. Muffin is so much more better then a kid 

The best chance Muffin has is a cameo in single player challenges or something. You won't be able to play as a dog and die.

And Reggie won't be a "kid" in the game, if he does come, canon or an inspired character. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

EVERYONE. @Im A Deku Scrub, or any other person, I ASKED WES IF THE ANIMATIONS IN THE BETA WERE GOING TO BE RE-ADDED

THEY SAID THAT ONCE DEDICATED SERVERS ARE NICE AND EASY (like they're out and no bugs, etc) THEY MIGHT ADD THEM BACK ONCE THEY ARE DONE WITH THE "MOUNTAIN" OF STUFF, THEY MIGHT ADD THEM BACK.

Thank you for asking my friend. I was so excited when they mentioned it on stream!

Challenge two looks amazing. I would put money on the secret kill being two more counselors up stairs. The noises at the start indicate someone else is in the house. The dialogue hints at it too.

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I do have a screenshot but I don't think the devs would like me posting it on here lol 

PM me?

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Are you talking about the Kenny one?

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Can you PM me sir?

It was a fail for me. Wes talked the entire time about light and how good the light looked and how the new rendering improved the light and how much better the light looks now... like it... was supposed to... in........ Beta. Hmmm. So you mean the new engine finally makes the game look like Beta over a year ago? Ok. That’s why so many of us are not impressed because the game will finally look like it was actually promoted to be so how is that a monumental accomplishment. Sns, somebody needed to say it. 

Also, I was trying to read the comments and the consensus from what people were flooding was:

1) When will the engine be done? “Very soon. We’re at the finish line”

2) Will Savini be available for everyone in new engine? Unanswered/no

3) Show us Victoria Unanswered

4) When is Jason X and Grendel coming? Unanswered 

5) Is Paranoia cancelled or when is it coming? Unanswered 

So basically, nobody watching the stream really cared about single player challenges and the questions the majority of fans were asking went unanswered. Instead, we know that the single player challenge-specific kills like catching someone while peeing or hanging someone in the barn will not carry over (who honestly thought they would?) As well, we know that they may consider at some point in the future possibly reconsider start-stop transition animations. Ok.

So, again, the fans/customers are finally getting Beta-level graphics, textures, and environments that were initially showcased for the game except over a year later. The devs are packaging this like it’s not a fulfillment, that it’s a blessing from them to us, forgetting that fans have been privy to the disparity in graphics from what the backers were showcased/paid for and what the game actually turned out to be.

Yes, weapon swapping will be cool and a new counselor is always nice but let’s cut the flowers and decoration disguising the fact that the new engine is what the game was promoted and presented as being from the beginning and it’s still not even there. Not to mention that the live demonstration exposed issues that remain like wonky physics, bad facial animations, and rough interaction animations. The existing animations for getting throwing knives, hitting the car, and all the counselor environmental interactions are staying the same for no reason other than laziness. But the light, the light looks amazing, did you see the light? Huge disappointment.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The best chance Muffin has is a cameo in single player challenges or something. You won't be able to play as a dog and die.

And Reggie won't be a "kid" in the game, if he does come, canon or an inspired character. 

You've never played Cod Ghost have you? they had a dog online, it can work here

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Are you talking about the Kenny one?

Yes I have that one the third challenge 

Just now, tHr33 said:

Can you PM me sir?

Sure give me a sec

• Like 1