Manny1985

Stream Recap and discussions

14 minutes ago, Espy said:

They just don't like right together. Mitch is a skeevy 30-something looking stoner and A.J. looks far younger. It just looks unnatural to me. It'd be like pairing Jenny and Eric.

I'm younger then my wife. And we get a look from time to time. But I love her because we get along really well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Espy said:

A.J. and Mitch together makes me physically uncomfortable. Just...no. Outside of that the single player challenges look great! Much better than I expected.

I agree I didn't like the aj and mitch pairing.  I picture mitch in a pairing similar to kumar and the weed bag

tenor.gif?itemid=5352454

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I'm younger then my wife. And we get a look from time to time. But I love her because we get along really well. 

I think it's more than just the age though. Mitch is really skeevy and AJ is a punk. I mean Chuck and Violet would be a weird combination.

1 minute ago, Espy said:

I think it's more than just the age though. Mitch is really skeevy and AJ is a punk. I mean Chuck and Violet would be a weird combination.

I think it's cool when people play with your expectations. The same old same old gets old.

I'm not against Aj and Mitch I find it weird and all but I think Mitch only looks old because he smoked so much weed he just got wrinkles from all the weed (All that water from the bog wrinkle his skin.)  It's weird but what would have been cool is let the fans make story mode stuff, let them place characters in areas and choose set dialogue that are already made for a lot of characters and you can make some cool scenes for players, like fan made maps and such that far cry has done. 

I think every act tells a different story. Since there are a number of them(I initially heard 90) and only 12 of the 15 character are used, the story for each act is going to be like an alternative universe. 12 characters will have to be recycled back for more kills.

So if your an AJ + Adam fanboy, they will probably have that too.

Did anyone else notice the the select screen said killer select and not Jason select? I wonder if they will have some special guest killers besides Roy. And if you think it says killer because of Roy his name is listed as Jason on the screen. Could be hopeful thinking that maybe Pamela will be there. Maybe we unlock her after we finish the hidden tasks in the challenges. 

Did everyone forget that these challenges, are just reenactments? Aj, and Mitch, is Chili, and Chuck, Adam, and Buggzy, is the two greasers from Part 5, etc. Aj, and Mitch, aren't really together, it’s just basically using the same scenario but with different characters. So, just pretend, that Aj, is Chili, and Mitch, is chuck, Jenny, is Chris Higgins, and Chad, is Rick, i think? Adam ‘N Buggzy, is the two weird greasers, from a New Beginning. I’m pretty sure that these Challenges, are not connected, they all take place as a scenario from one of the movies, in the franchise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

Did anyone else notice the the select screen said killer select and not Jason select? I wonder if they will have some special guest killers besides Roy. And if you think it says killer because of Roy his name is listed as Jason on the screen. Could be hopeful thinking that maybe Pamela will be there. Maybe we unlock her after we finish the hidden tasks in the challenges. 

Eh, I wouldn't get too, Excited. 

1 minute ago, Dead Meme said:

Did everyone forget that these challenges, are just reenactments? Aj, and Mitch, is Chili, and Chuck, Adam, and Buggzy, is the two greasers from Part 5, etc. Aj, and Mitch, aren't really together, it’s just basically using the same scenario but with different characters. So, just pretend, that Aj, is Chili, and Mitch, is chuck, Jenny, is Chris Higgins, and Chad, is Rick, i think? Adam ‘N Buggzy, is the two weird greasers, from a New Beginning. I’m pretty sure that these Challenges, are not connected, they all take place as a scenario from one of the movies, in the franchise. 

I think AJ should've been replaced by Deborah in that scene. I'd like to see Deborah get some action in with Mitch ???

Chili also wore a sweater lol, Deborah would've been perfect for the Chili role. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Qcici said:

I think AJ should've been replaced by Deborah in that scene. I'd like to see Deborah get some action in with Mitch ???

Chili also wore a sweater lol, Deborah would've been perfect for the Chili role. 

Huh, yeah, I guess, Deborah, would have been a better role. But She, also dies in the intro for the 2nd challenge, you hear her scream, which is the same scream when she is limping.

Just now, Dead Meme said:

Huh, yeah, I guess, Deborah, would have been a better role. But She, also dies in the intro for the 2nd challenge, you hear her scream, which is the same scream when she is limping.

True lol. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Wes said he didn't want to get tied down in 'fan fiction' when putting together the challenges and I kinda agree there. So the same characters wouldn't be interacting over and over. As in, every time you see AJ, its not going to be with Adam all the time or vice versa.

As we've seen.

Bugs/Adam

AJ/Mitch

Jenny/Chad

Fox and Victoria aren't involved.

This is fine by me. I think the idea here is that they're leaving us with cut scenes that's open to interpretation for a story. I also think it's more about making the challenges a nod to the movies and make us recreate a scenario that took place during the film.

The Buggzy/Adam car scene does seem like a homage to Vinnie/Pete from Part 5. Mitch/AJ is without a doubt based on Chuck/Chili from Part 3 and Jenny/Chad is probably based on Chris/Rick. Is Shelly not involved either? If so, him, Fox and Victoria will likely show up in another set of future challenges.

Not sure what the fuss is about Mitch/AJ. Considering that the game is set in the 80s, I don't think it wasn't uncommon to see stoner guys and young rock girls as a couple around that era. 

After re watching the stream. I did have a question. Is counselor AI better on single player challenges due to the scale of the maps? They seemed to run to the exit for the most part.

I agree I do cringe seeing AJ and Mitch together but I also agree that it would get repetitive to see AJ and Adam in every couple scenario. They should of had Deborah instead of AJ though. 

16 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

After re watching the stream. I did have a question. Is counselor AI better on single player challenges due to the scale of the maps? They seemed to run to the exit for the most part.

I was wondering pretty much the same thing.  The character bots seemed to react faster and run straight for the exits every time Jason was spotted.   I was also wondering if the counselors are going to travel the same exact paths each time you play through each challenge.  They did say they worked on the AI in offline bot mode, as well, so I am hoping that the bots in that mode get a lot smarter, too.  In any case, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this update for SP challenges.  This is what I have been waiting for, and, with the preview we got, it seems like they did a pretty good job on this mode.  I'm looking forward to the rest of them, and I hope they get really difficult.  

On 5/12/2018 at 4:19 AM, Liquid Swordsman said:

This is fine by me. I think the idea here is that they're leaving us with cut scenes that's open to interpretation for a story. I also think it's more about making the challenges a nod to the movies and make us recreate a scenario that took place during the film.

The Buggzy/Adam car scene does seem like a homage to Vinnie/Pete from Part 5. Mitch/AJ is without a doubt based on Chuck/Chili from Part 3 and Jenny/Chad is probably based on Chris/Rick. Is Shelly not involved either? If so, him, Fox and Victoria will likely show up in another set of future challenges.

Not sure what the fuss is about Mitch/AJ. Considering that the game is set in the 80s, I don't think it wasn't uncommon to see stoner guys and young rock girls as a couple around that era. 

This 100%. Hell, I am a long haired, tattoed, metal head who is married to an ex cheerleader/softball player. We get looks all the time, blows people minds away I guess. I don't get why people get so caught up in that kind of shit and have never understood the whole getting caught up in fan fiction like it is supposed to just be universally accepted.

I’m pretty disappointed that the other Jason’s can’t use the pitchfork. I know they said that other Jason’s can’t use Savini’s pitchfork, but I hoped maybe they mean other Jason’s can’t use the devils pitchfork but they can use the farmer pitchfork.

The electrocution kill was a bunch of different animations. When Jason grabs Mitch, that was from the single player challenges version of the road sign kill, and when Jason kicks Mitch, that’s from the fireaxe throw.