The challenges will be more like the films than quick play will ever likely be and its not just because challenges take place 'earlier in the film'.

What is quick play after all in recent months...

1. Pocket knife glitch/exploit

2. Packanack Small spam

3. Vanessa/Chad spam

4. Part 8/Savini Spam

5. Jason hunting parties...made worse by him being too easy to kill now for anyone with any experience

6. Dance parties..with 30 more emotes coming and no consequence/gameplay changes when using them

7. Jason inferior in melee combat to scrawny ass counselors....could likely be horrible with grabs too soon enough

8. A garbage Las Vegas style perk system with 90 percent of the perks being useless and the 10 percent that are useful push the balance too far in counselors favor

9. Still mostly horrible window system that nobody asked for

10. Glitches/Bugs

11. Teamers/Time Wasters/Trolls

The blame goes squarely on the devs, but the playerbase doesn't help much and even if quick play improves, the playerbase likely won't. I feel bad for any potential new players that might decide to give this game a try with sales or new updates, only to find how much of a cesspool it is.

The devs might tweak values here and there...

1. The number of throwing knives

2. A 'speed increase'

3. A pocket knife decrease

Its still nothing that requires actual, thought provoking work though and the idea that it takes months to 'analyze' the changes/fixes is laughable, especially with a dwindling playerbase.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

The challenges will be more like the films than quick play will ever likely be and its not just because challenges take place 'earlier in the film'.

2. Packanack Small spam

3. Vanessa/Chad spam

4. Part 8/Savini Spam

5. Jason hunting parties...made worse by him being too easy to kill now for anyone with any experience

6. Dance parties..with 30 more emotes coming and no consequence/gameplay changes when using them

7. Jason inferior in melee combat to scrawny ass counselors....could likely be horrible with grabs too soon enough

8. A garbage Las Vegas style perk system with 90 percent of the perks being useless and the 10 percent that are useful push the balance too far in counselors favor

10. Glitches/Bugs

The blame goes squarely on the devs, but the playerbase doesn't help much and even if quick play improves, the playerbase likely won't. I feel bad for any potential new players that might decide to give this game a try with sales or new updates, only to find how much of a cesspool it is.

2. A 'speed increase'

Its still nothing that requires actual, thought provoking work though and the idea that it takes months to 'analyze' the changes/fixes is laughable, especially with a dwindling playerbase.

You kinda have a Point... even if I love the game.

Edited by The Wolf with that Toast
Forgot an ,,a´´

I liked everything I saw demonstrated in the stream.  These SP challenges are (more or less) exactly what I was hoping for.  Sure, I wish each one could be a bit longer and involve more counselors, but maybe some of the other ones we didn't see will be larger and more complicated.  I also really loved the cinematic kills.  I know what the guy said during the stream, but I am still hoping for some of these kills to eventually be added into multiplayer as context kills.  Weapon swapping and the new lighting looks great.  The new grab is also great looking and I love that they added the new music when a counselor is grabbed.  Very nice touch.  I am eager to know how this new grab will translate to multiplayer, though.  My only disappointment is still not knowing when to expect the update to drop, but I really want them to take their time and get everything right.  Really looking forward to the day this new stuff drops.  All in all, I would say this stream was nicely done.  

The stream VOD will be put up in a few hours. We didn’t intend to remove the VOD of the stream, but we didn’t disable Steam notifications.

That was definitely a mistake on our part. 

Some viewers decided to make some absolutely disgustingly named accounts and send us friend requests. I edited the video to blur out the pop ups, but the render estimate was over 5 hours (blur is render heavy in AE) which made it impossible for me to upload last night. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Some viewers decided to make some absolutely disgustingly named accounts and send us friend requests. I edited the video to blur out the pop ups, but the render estimate was over 5 hours (blur is render heavy in AE) which made it impossible for me to upload last night. 

Pretty sure Vegas renders faster if you want to give that a go next time.

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

2. A 'speed increase'

Yeah. I do a lot of shaking my head at the general resistance they have to fixing a few key issue with the actual current design of the game (not bugs and servers). If they:

1. Fixed the Perk System

2. Fixed Counselor Stats/Balancing (i.e. Stealth inadequate, hard breaks in stat effectiveness rather than scaling, etc.)

3. Fixed Jason Stats/Balancing (i.e. Defense, Hit Points, and Stun Resistance mostly worthless, etc.)

The game could improve drastically.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The stream VOD will be put up in a few hours. We didn’t intend to remove the VOD of the stream, but we didn’t disable Steam notifications.

The video is on youtube anyway... Why would you even bother?

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Glad I missed those during the live broascast...I saw all the requests but they were so fast that I didn't notice the racist names. It's a shame and ridiculous what some people will do on live broadcasts.

I did notice whoever was running the chat for the channel pointed it out though. "Oh great...the first racist username" or something to that effect.

But yeah, probably best to just hide all 3rd party overlays from the stream. Live and learn lol.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Because we're going to host a "clean" version on our Twitch. Can't do anything about what other people want to put on YouTube, but that doesn't mean I should just let that stuff sit on an official channel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Because we're going to host a "clean" version on our Twitch. Can't do anything about what other people want to put on YouTube, but that doesn't mean I should just let that stuff sit on an official channel.

Touche.

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Some viewers decided to make some absolutely disgustingly named accounts and send us friend requests.

Yeah. There are those of us who enjoy this franchise for the story, the action, and the fear associated with the character.

Then . . . there are those who like it because of its grossest elements, and that gravely comes through in interactions with them.

Thank you for editing them out. 

All low key trolling and negativity aside, I think their new formula is going to be to show us two single player challenges a week through Thursday streams. If they stick to the strategy of two each time, it will take four weeks to show them all, then the Thursday after that, we'll get the new update, which is June 14th. Just a theory, but it would make sense and actually be a good way to build up hype. 

6 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

All low key trolling and negativity aside, I think their new formula is going to be to show us two single player challenges a week through Thursday streams. If they stick to the strategy of two each time, it will take four weeks to show them all, then the Thursday after that, we'll get the new update, which is June 14th. Just a theory, but it would make sense and actually be a good way to build up hype. 

I don't think they have the intentions of showing all 10. They want to keep the element of surprise in these challenges.

6 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I don't think they should show anymore, they should just stay with the two for now till the update is out. You don't show your cards early when playing poker do you? No you wait till you have the best set of cards. 

7 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

Yeah I wouldn't like it if they did that... Kind of defeats the whole purpose of building the hype.

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

2. Packanack Small spam

3. Vanessa/Chad spam

4. Part 8/Savini Spam

10. Glitches/Bugs

2. A 'speed increase'

Sounds like you need to get better 

• Like 1

The only thing that I wonder is if there will be achivements/trophies for the SP Challenges.

I saw many people ask that in inte stream, but neither Wes or Shifty answered that.

11 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

don't get me wrong i like that there taking time but its pushing five months and shifty said everything announced is in build so if doesn't come in may players have right to be upset 

I am not denying anyone their right to be upset. My comment was on the way they are expressing their anger. You can choose to be mature and still express anger, but it seems some (veteran) posters think that constantly swearing about the game/devs, demeaning the devs, etc is a mature approach to the situation. This is a game - if you cannot control your anger enough to speak in a mature and respectful way over a game; that would make me question your overall stability and maturity. 

I have been involved in gaming for 22+ years and while I have seen some similar users/posters in other games - I have never seen such a large amount of vitriolic and immature posters on a game forum; this includes WoW, Rift, and EVE - which are known for their toxic community - especially on their forums.  Whenever I come across posts that constantly use vulgarity, demean the devs, etc I basically ignore the opinion/ideas being expressed because they tend to be hyperbolic and non-productive. So I get why people are angry, but just wish they could express that anger in a more productive manner that doesn't involve such toxicity and hyperbole. 

It was a nice stream the challenge looks great the second one is a reproduction of Part 3, I'm disappointed that Mitch Floyd is with A.J. but he does fit with the movie. The physics seems to be improved but we still see flying corpse , graphics too but not sure if they have increase the framerate though. The grab seem more powerful but slower and possibly more risky to use against counselors. Wes said when the dedicated servers and update have been released they might bring some beta animations back.

4 hours ago, Truth said:

Why you gotta be extra? 

1 minute ago, nowjoshua said:

Why you gotta be extra? 

What?

15 minutes ago, Truth said:

What?

Seemed kinda rude how you said why even bother? 

Just now, nowjoshua said:

Seemed kinda rude how you said why even bother? 

If that's what you call rude you should probably just ignore me now... And you definitely didn't see my post here after I realized the stream was removed lol

I didn't understand the point of editing the stream when there are already copies of it on youtube. He made a good point, and I acknowledged that.