CountYorgaVampir

They need to start charging for these things.

2 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

You are assuming that dedicated servers are actually coming, which really is not a certainty at this point.

No, I’m not. My whole point is that it all boils down to money, and that the more that time passes, without adequate money coming in, what they have to use dwindles to nothing. They won’t be able to do anything, and that includes servers. 

4 hours ago, i-cold said:

This game is all broken, if they started charging for addons the game would have already died. I hope the next update will change things. The only remaining players are Jason fans because everyone else either stopped playing or asked for a refund. 

Exaggerations, exaggerations. I’m honestly surprised that anybody would pick up this game without being a fan of the franchise, but to this day I still bump into a lot of people in quick play that have never seen a single movie. And I’m not even referring to the squeekers. 

@i-cold

If they had charged for these things in the first place, they would probably have a larger team that could have fixed the bugs and gotten us dedicated servers sooner.

5 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Exaggerations, exaggerations. I’m honestly surprised that anybody would pick up this game without being a fan of the franchise, but to this day I still bump into a lot of people in quick play that have never seen a single movie. And I’m not even referring to the squeekers. 

I grew up as a little kid in the eighties and I loved horror movies.  However, F13 movies were my LEAST favorite out of the 3 main titles in the 80s (Nightmare on Elm street, Halloween, and F13).  Although I didn't really care for the movies because I just thought they were cheesy and plotless, I absolutely love the game.  It is a blast and I have been playing since before last Thanksgiving.  While not a diehard fan of the films, I definitely love the game and cannot seem to stop playing it. lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt23leo said:

I grew up as a little kid in the eighties and I loved horror movies.  However, F13 movies were my LEAST favorite out of the 3 main titles in the 80s (Nightmare on Elm street, Halloween, and F13).  Although I didn't really care for the movies because I just thought they were cheesy and plotless, I absolutely love the game.  It is a blast and I have been playing since before last Thanksgiving.  While not a diehard fan of the films, I definitely love the game and cannot seem to stop playing it. lol. 

@CountYorgaVampir

I wasn't really a fan of the series either when I got the game. My buddy got it first and I bought it the same day he let me play it the first time. After that I came here for tips and whatnot, and found I was severely lacking knowledge of the movies. That's when I started watching them. Before that, I had probably only seen the stupid remake...

• Like 1

I'm perfectly fine with paying for Jasons after uber (and preuber). We're currently at 8 playable Jasons and that's a good number.

Maps must always be free. Thankfully the Gun/Illfonic know this.

• Like 1

Why not contribute to the suggestions threads, rather than focus on the negative, what would you like to see in the game?

13 hours ago, doitagain said:

I think you’re forgetting that this was kickstarter funded and they reached way over their stretch goals to make this game. Not to mention how profitable they were once the game actually released.

I'd argue that it's not about how much they have from funding and sales, but player retention for an online game that's now pushing a year in release when the typical "life" of the game (when it's numbers are at their most robust) is within the first six months.  

Shedding players has less to do with cash flow to the studio or the lack of specific counselors/Jasons; it has more to do with the staleness of the product a year out from the initial release.  The core component of this game is asymmetric pvp, and that mode has stayed the same--offline bots or single player challenges do nothing to retain players prone to leaving due to lack of "something to do"--all you have to do is look at the charts of the top selling console games/franchises and you'll see a definite pattern:  the biggest sellers have online social components.  The console market is larger than the PC market because the cost of entry is much lower (nobody wants to play F13, or any other game, on a rig with sub-optimal settings)--a $250 console that doesn't need to be upgraded every 18 months to stay up to date on the latest games is a huge advantage over $500-$1000 rigs that have indisputably higher failure rates (and consume more power, produce more heat).

PC Master Race folks can laud their superiority somewhere else--no one with an ounce of commons sense disputes games look better on a gaming rig, but the cost remains out of reach for most people.  The economics make sense to focus on the console market, pure and simple: the game studios that consistently top the charts rely on the earnings from console and mobile generate a majority of their revenue:

KUV3TkS.jpg

The point of all this is: with the indisputable economic benefits to focusing on consoles, it would behoove any studio or developer to focus on the core aspects of gameplay that retain a playerbase.  Shooters and Sport Games sell on console because of the online component.  Nobody buys GTA to play through the storyline once, they buy to play online, and the same holds true for most games nowadays.  Games like God of War are the exception, not the norm.

Because F13's principal game mode is asymmetrical PvP, the decisions that have been made to date (including the cancelled projects, like Paranoia mode), beg the question as to why they haven't continued to focus on the PVP aspect with additonal modes.  Offline Bots, Virtual Cabin, and the eventual Single Player Challenges are all fine and well, but do nothing to enhance the PvP (i.e. "core") gameplay--if there were two or three more variations to the current "Online" match, the game's replay value would increase exponentially.  As it stands now, I"m sick of running Packanack, chasing the same counselors with the same mechanics (and exploits).  They need something new that alters the status quo of public matches, even if it means separate playlists.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

They need something new that alters the status quo of public matches, even if it means separate playlists.

So what your saying is I have to have more ideas...got it covered, ?

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17109-offlineprivate-counselor-mode-not-just-zombies-?/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-278339

• Like 1