Sign in to follow this  
BigJay

Scream: The Video Game

Is there anyone on this forum that knows about this game's existence? I feel that this game is not known about since I follow their Facebook page and they barely get any comments and likes on their posts. I feel this game should get some recognition because it is based off of another beloved horror franchise. 

This game will be silimalr to "Friday The 13th: The Game" with one player playing as the GhostFace killer and the others being survivors. This game will also have a more urban setting with it mainly being in a town or maybe a school. The developers plan to have this game released on all platforms including Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. This game will also be on the Unreal Engine 4. I hope that the developers took notes from Gun/Illfonic's fuck ups and don't make the same mistakes that they did. If they can do that, I think this game will have a chance in succeeding.

Here are a few photos the developers have released so far:

IMG_0686.PNG.8cabb0fcfd5dd59c0543870ef8dc7c23.PNG

IMG_0687.JPG.c86f0dcad0c0a2ea801b5c7a29519c8a.JPG

IMG_0693.thumb.JPG.eefc293224550af030b6148f14506dff.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG.f60fb72be0abd13185eb1a1d6ae71bf9.JPG

"Soon to be available" in "December 2021." They are taking SOON to another level. This is vaporware, you heard it here first.

7 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

"Soon to be available" in "December 2021." They are taking SOON to another level. This is vaporware, you heard it here first.

Yeah it is in its early development stages. The game started development a few months ago. I don't think soon would have been an adequate statement to put there but I just wanted to give others a heads up that another horror franchise is getting a game in the future. 

Cool beans, that's a long way out though. Friday still has quite a way to go development wise, as long as a AAA studio doesn't decide to hop on the asymmetrical horror franchise bandwagon. It's actually a good thing that dbd picked up so many killers, diluting the value of making them their own games. Freddy is the only one that could be complex enough, that done by a AAA studio, could offer the kind of endless variety that would be a real challenge to F13. Ghostface without new mechanics and or some kind of full story can't complete with F13. F13 could have a full playable multiplayer story, I don't think Scream offers the same depth. With all that said I look forward to seeing what they do. 

Id rather see a fighting game where you can pit the titans of terror against each other. I know one exists already but its not fully fleshed out.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Difficult to have any interest in something 3 years away. I’d prefer a story driven game also.

Yeah, I was just letting everyone know that another horror game based off of a beloved horror franchise is in the works so that everyone can know what to expect in the future regardless of when it is released.

They have not mentioned anything about a story mode but a lot of things can change in three years so there is still a possibility that a story mode could be in the game. An idea on what a story mode for a Scream game could be is you playing as Sidney Prescott and you going through challenges as you fought against the various Ghostfaces throughout the four films. 

Maybe it's a lack of imagination on my part, but the only way I could envision the Scream franchise working as a game would be as a co-op Hitman-style game, where players participate as the tag-team killers, with a series of suburban-based assassinations. 

But then, are we talking about a protracted series of missions? The movie franchise itself is structured with a ton of self-aware dialogue scenes, with occasional diversions for a murder, and the murderers themselves don't necessarily follow an M.O. that could be bottled in repeatable online play, hence the Hitman model. If that is the case, is the world ready for a suburban home-invasion/murder simulator?

I return to my concession that this could just be my lack of imagination.

15 hours ago, BigJay said:

The developers plan to have this game released on all platforms including Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

Why would they assume ps4 and xbox one would still be the current gen systems?

I wish them the best, but that's a LONG wait...

This would actually be better if a done as a mod on F13, Vol. 4 Scream - New suburban neighborhood, playable by all killers from vol.'s 1 - 3. Jason, Zombies, and special guest star Ash Williams. 

2 hours ago, LuciusTheKiller said:

Its cancelled ik the developer and this games cancelled im srry.

Happens, no need to apologize. Welcome back to camp by the way.

4 hours ago, LuciusTheKiller said:

Its cancelled ik the developer and this games cancelled im srry.

That's most unfortunate. I was looking forward to a Scream game...