I tried to do a search, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone else have the issue with the upstairs closet on Higgins Haven where the attack prompt does not show up? I was playing a match yesterday with a counselor hiding in there, but I could not destroy the closet. The prompt button wouldn't show up. Has anyone else had this issue?  

No, but I've definitely busted all of those. Were you still getting prompts at windows/doors/beds?

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of packanack...

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

No, but I've definitely busted all of those. Were you still getting prompts at windows/doors/beds?

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of packanack...

I could still swing and do everything I can normally do. That single closet on the top floor on Higgins just seems to have issues. This isn't the first time I was unable to break it.

2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I could still swing and do everything I can normally do. That single closet on the top floor on Higgins just seems to have issues. This isn't the first time I was unable to break it.

I can't say I ever even bothered with it...

I havn't seen this thankfully. Permanent closet hiders are bad enough. Then a bug where you can't even kill them after waiting for rage to find them? I'd be one pissed of Jason..

23 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I tried to do a search, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone else have the issue with the upstairs closet on Higgins Haven where the attack prompt does not show up? I was playing a match yesterday with a counselor hiding in there, but I could not destroy the closet. The prompt button wouldn't show up. Has anyone else had this issue?  

@bewareofbears, @Alkavian - have you ever encountered this? Do you know if it's a permanent or occasional bug?

It is a bug that is related to the placement of the cabinet and nearby items in the scenery if it is the bug I'm thinking of. In that case it can't be resolved unless they exit the cabinet. Jason can also encounter the occasional interaction bug which prevents him from destroying the hiding place. Hard to tell sometimes. The person hiding won't be affected in either case.

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Permanent closet

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

the cabinet

1 hour ago, theoreticalgrey said:

the closets.

OP was referring to the actual closet upstairs in Higgins Haven between the bedrooms, not a closet you can hide in. It's the one straight back when you go up the stairs.

Ignore me, I'm dumb...

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

OP was referring to the actual closet upstairs in Higgins Haven between the bedrooms, not a closet you can hide in. It's the one straight back when you go up the stairs.

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

No, it's the closest in the right bedroom, not the closet straight ahead.

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

No, it's the closest in the left bedroom, not the closet straight ahead.

Alright, nevermind... I'm just dumb lol

@Manny1985

I've seen this happen, but not since July. If a person got in the closet holding a car part and quit the game, it would mess it up. Jason couldn't smash it, counselors couldn't get inside anymore. We could only get it to happen in the closets at the main house for Higgins Haven.

35 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

You can knock the Counselor, out of the closet, with a throwing knife. 

I tried that. Didn't help.

12 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I tried that. Didn't help.

You must have done It wrong, cause how to hit Counselor, you gotta go up against the Closet, aim your knife, downward towards thier head, throw knife, and If you did It correctly, then they, will pop out of the Closet. @Tommy86 Can, explain It much more better than I can. 

Is this like the Crystal Lake Bed bug where someone hides under a bed, they can be seen outside of it and you can't interact with the bed?

1 hour ago, Flyin_J said:

Is this like the Crystal Lake Bed bug where someone hides under a bed, they can be seen outside of it and you can't interact with the bed?

I know if you try to kill someone under a bed using the prompt before the finish sliding under it, they can get stuck and become unkillable because the bed is already broke.

18 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I know if you try to kill someone under a bed using the prompt before the finish sliding under it, they can get stuck and become unkillable because the bed is already broke.

It was a bug I encountered while playing offline. I just needed to hit them with knives, and they'd be out of hiding.

14 minutes ago, Flyin_J said:

It was a bug I encountered while playing offline. I just needed to hit them with knives, and they'd be out of hiding.

With this bug they are not floating. They are under the bed and knives don't work. I've only seen it happen once.

9 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

@bewareofbears, @Alkavian - have you ever encountered this? Do you know if it's a permanent or occasional bug?

I’ve definitely experienced this issue with beds and closets in Offline Bots but can’t remember if I encountered online or not.

9 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

You must have done It wrong, cause how to hit Counselor, you gotta go up against the Closet, aim your knife, downward towards thier head, throw knife, and If you did It correctly, then they, will pop out of the Closet. @Tommy86 Can, explain It much more better than I can. 

No actually that’s already a good explanation. Although I find it is easier to hit them from the side of the closet, providing you have space to do it (sometimes there’s obstacles). Of course I have yet to do this to anyone online, it’s really only applicable for bots. But you can still check closets online with this method by simply aiming the knife inside of them. It’s faster than breaking it down to check.

Unfortunately no such technique for beds (that I know of), but sometimes bots do get stuck under the bed and levitate out of it after x prompt, and a knife will break them out of this glitch state.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alkavian said:

It is a bug that is related to the placement of the cabinet and nearby items in the scenery if it is the bug I'm thinking of. In that case it can't be resolved unless they exit the cabinet. Jason can also encounter the occasional interaction bug which prevents him from destroying the hiding place. Hard to tell sometimes. The person hiding won't be affected in either case.

So, to your knowledge, is this a chronic bug (happens every time) with that one cabinet, or an acute bug (only happens occasionally)?