Sign in to follow this  
RichWalk9891

Counselor Stats: Buffs and Nerfs ideas

After looking through how each statistics work, I've considered changing the Counselor's stats to give weaker Counselors a much needed buff while making the more overpowered Counselors fairer to play as.

In general, here are the following changes I've made:

FridayThe13thGame4.jpg.baa845550f75efd8dae6f0755a247247.jpg

I will also provide an explanation as to why I've made changes for each Counselor:

Adam: Adam's role as a Fighter and Fixer hybrid would be enhanced even further if his Repair was a little better, and since he won't benefit with a 3/10 Stealth all that much, it felt appropriate to take a point out from Stealth and boost his Repair instead.

A.J.: I felt that her original stats didn't really fit the 'Rocker Chick' persona she has adopted, and for someone who was described as 'tough-as-nails', she was the worst Counselor when it came to combat. I decided to make her a jack-of-all trades, much like Adam and Fox, but more focused in Repair and Stealth.

Brandon: I boosted Brandon's Luck in exchange for a slight reduction in his Speed and Stamina to ensure that his weapons won't break as easily. I also swapped his Repair and Stealth points, as I feel that his main gameplay plan is to fight and unmask Jason, not to hide from him, ever.

Chad: His high Luck is left untouched, so there is no fear of him losing his ability to combat Jason. However, his speed has been reduced to 7/10, and the spare two points are instead used to boost his Repair and Strength. 

Deborah, Eric: These two are just about right. No changes needed.

Fox: I removed a point from Stealth and gave it to her Composure to make her less similar to A.J. in this build, essentially making her braver and more combat efficient than A.J., while also making it easier for Fox to break out of Jason's grasp when needed.

Jenny: As of now with the way Composure works, Jenny doesn't really offer much to the table and is too slow to do what Chad can do better. I've decided to give Jenny less Composure and Luck to transfer the points into Repair, Speed, and Strength. The differences between a 6/10 Luck and 8/10 Luck are actually rather minimal, as they both still allow four hits with a Baseball Bat before breaking, and the spare two points being used to boost Speed would make Jenny more efficient in combat. I also wanted to give Jenny a 3/10 in Repair to give the Final Girl a shot in making better emergency repairs, and I had also boosted Jenny's Strength...purely because Deborah already has a 1/10 in Strength.

Kenny: Kenny is meant to be the jack-of-all trades, and thus doesn't need any changes.

Mitch: Mitch's stats fit his role as 'The Stoner', and he does well as a Fixer and Supporter. No changes needed.

Shelly: A.J.'s official stats seems to fit Shelly's character more than it does to A.J., and the 10/10 Stealth would suit Shelly best due to his role as a prankster in the films. I also took a few points from his unnecessarily high Strength and used them to boost his Composure, Repair. In essence, he now fulfills a similar role that A.J. officially takes as a Fixer/Stealth player.

Tiffany: I traded a point from Stealth and used it to boost her Repair, to give Tiffany a chance for a better emergency repair in case there are no other better Fixer Counselors in her area. Besides a slight and inconsequential reduction in her Stealth, and a slightly better Repair, Tiffany remains unchanged overall.

Vanessa: Ah yes...Vanessa. The undisputed Champion of the Friday the 13th Game. Put simply, her decent Luck, and high Speed and Stamina are what makes her so good to play as. It's no surprise that I've decided to reduce these three stats to make her less overpowered and more fair. Her Repair is also now also a 1/10, so that experienced Vanessa players can no longer repair as efficiently by manipulating the RNG to obtain favourable skill checks when repairing. 

Victoria: No changes had been made to her stats, as she has yet to be released for testing. I am curious about how her 3/10 Repair will look like, along with her 7/10 score in Stamina and Stealth, since before Victoria, no other Counselor had these values.

---

What are your thoughts? Would these changes be considered fair?

• Confused 1

I don't want changes to A.J. or Shelly. 

A.J. is a rocker and kinda emo, so her stats are amazing.

Shelly also is a unique hybrid between fighting and hiding, so don't change that. That makes him great. Don't change Jenny either. Jenny is good at what she does: defend and get out of grabs, and keeps everything cool.

Edit: Might I add that all the counselors are balanced? They really are. Some of them are better at other things than others. It makes it interesting. I don't think anybody needs any stat changes.

1 hour ago, Buddy489 said:

Edit: Might I add that all the counselors are balanced? They really are. Some of them are better at other things than others. It makes it interesting. I don't think anybody needs any stat changes.

Personally, I think certain Counselors could use some readjustments. For instance, If a Vanessa player can make a flawless repair with a 2/10 Repair stat while still keeping her excellent Speed and Stamina, then something is wrong with the game's balance.

2 hours ago, Buddy489 said:

A.J. is a rocker and kinda emo, so her stats are amazing.

I don't kind the Emo generation was around when Friday the 13th was conceived. Besides, A.J. is described as 'tough-as-nails who don't take shit from anyone'. That's not someone who I'd imagine an Emo to be.

4 minutes ago, RichWalk9891 said:

For instance, If a Vanessa player can make a flawless repair with a 2/10 Repair stat while still keeping her excellent Speed and Stamina, then something is wrong with the game's balance.

That sounds like the issue is the repair stat itself...

But the high repair is more so to allow you to repair with Jason on your ass. I only takes a few seconds for Deb to get it in rather than the 30 seconds it takes Vanessa.

The problem is your moves make the counselors less uniquely defined. A.J. is not a great fighter, because she is meant to be a sneaky repair character. I get why you'd want to make some of them more balanced, but the purpose of the stats is to allow a particular play style. I personally never felt Vanessa was op. Yes, she's hard to catch if she knows you're there, but as she's about as stealthy as a herd of elephants in a forest she's pretty easy to find and deal with using the old stalk shift grab combo.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again Tiffany needs 1 strength since she shows no strength. Buff stealth. Give Jenny more strength and speed to match her model. @RichWalk9891

5 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again Tiffany needs 1 strength since she shows no strength. Buff stealth. Give Jenny more strength and speed to match her model. @RichWalk9891

Tiff has 10 stealth... doesnt get buffer than that

48 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Tiff has 10 stealth... doesnt get buffer than that

Buff stealth in general. I never said to increase her stealth. 

2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Buff stealth in general. I never said to increase her stealth. 

Wait... to buff is not to increase?

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

Wait... to buff is not to increase?

Too buff can mean both increase or effectiveness. I’m referring to it’s effectiveness.

2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Too buff can mean both increase or effectiveness. I’m referring to it’s effectiveness.

So how exactly could she be more stealthy?

5 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

So how exactly could she be more stealthy?

Make 10/10 stealth, AJ and Tiffany be able to sprint without noise. 

5 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Make 10/10 stealth, AJ and Tiffany be able to sprint without noise. 

Idk if i like this ability on more than one counselor. Silent sprint is cool, but no longer silent with high fear

2 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Idk if i like this ability on more than one counselor. Silent sprint is cool, but no longer silent with high fear

Then why does Tiffany have 10/10 stealth? Fear shouldn’t negate the worst stat in the game. 

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Then why does Tiffany have 10/10 stealth? Fear shouldn’t negate the worst stat in the game. 

She should be able to Sprint silently with a perfect 10 stealth as well as open drawers, doors, go into closets, and go through windows quietly. The noise they make should equate to the stealth stat in a variety of things. 

Another thing that should be implented into the stealth stat is the chance of Jason not being able to hear you messing up on a skill check. Each stealth point should equal a 3-5% chance of Jason not hearing the messup. 

One of the biggest things that could easily make the stealth stat great is if they removed the sense spam and had it preset like the rest of Jason's abilities. 

51 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

She should be able to Sprint silently with a perfect 10 stealth as well as open drawers, doors, go into closets, and go through windows quietly. The noise they make should equate to the stealth stat in a variety of things. 

Another thing that should be implented into the stealth stat is the chance of Jason not being able to hear you messing up on a skill check. Each stealth point should equal a 3-5% chance of Jason not hearing the messup. 

One of the biggest things that could easily make the stealth stat great is if they removed the sense spam and had it preset like the rest of Jason's abilities

Spam sense will never get rid of. Jason mains will complain way to much. Just buff stealth, I added some new ideas to my “Stealth is Bad” thread.

12 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Her body is very toned...she is one of the stronger looking female characters except Vanessa. I disagree, she should be a 3-4 if strength mattered. She looks very sporty which is why she has so much stamina, she is stronger looking than Deb, AJ, Victoria, and Jenny. Vanessa and Fox are obviously the strongest looking.

I personally feel like nobody needs a stat change. Jenny has a 10/10 composure because that is her trope, like it or not she is the final girl character so she is gonna have a 10/10 composure. Maybe more stamina with her but nobody needs a SERIOUS stat change.  Also wouldn’t this just make Tiffany just like Vanessa that people whine and complain about? She’d have higher stamina than Vanessa AND better repair.

Honestly, the counselors are fine. And stealth isn't terrible. 10/10 stealth lets you create no noise when normally jogging. Of course it isn't useful when Jason is near, but that's not the point of stealth. Everybody shits on stealth, but it's actually a great stat. I main stealth counselors, so... yeah...

11 hours ago, Buddy489 said:

Honestly, the counselors are fine. And stealth isn't terrible. 10/10 stealth lets you create no noise when normally jogging. Of course it isn't useful when Jason is near, but that's not the point of stealth. Everybody shits on stealth, but it's actually a great stat. I main stealth counselors, so... yeah...

Ok and? Stealth is shit, your experiences against low level Jason’s doesn’t change anything.

I'd rather nerf some of the 'op' counselors and buff everyone else slightly. For example:

Vanessa:

3/10 Composure

6/10 Luck

4/10 Repair

8/10 Speed

7/10 stamina

3/10 Stealth

4/10 strength

And then Deb or LaChappa..:

Eh, let's go with burger king.

LaChappa:

5/10 Composure

5/10 Luck

10/10 Repair

4/10 Speed

4/10 Stamina

5/10 Stealth

3/10 Strength

Who else agrees, or somewhat likes my ideas?

On 5/8/2018 at 10:01 PM, TiffanyIsBae said:

Ok and? Stealth is shit, your experiences against low level Jason’s doesn’t change anything.

Stealth isn't that bad. Even high level Jasons I have played against have a hard time finding me, especially with my perks and playstyle. Stealth is useful when Jason is not around. If you get away fast enough out of his sense radius, he's going to have a difficult time finding you again. Of course, with Rage, his sense range increases, but the point of stealth counselors is to hide and for A.J, you're supposed to escape quickly. Why else would she have a 7/10 repair? She can sneak around like no other counselor and repair things. That's why I love her. Especially if there is a boat, I can get out quickly and quietly.