Zaneygrrl

Nerd Alert! Texas Frightmare Weekend Jason photo op.

So I went to the Texas Frightmare Weekend convention yesterday to have my picture made with 6 of the Jason actors. Tom Morga and C.J. Graham decided to grab my ponytails at the same time, which threw me off, and they also had REAL MACHETES as props. So when Steve Dash put that blade up to my throat I froze. All thoughts of posing left my mind because I didn’t want to move and have geriatric Bag Head accidentally slit my throat.

Jason Photo

I also ran into 8-Bit Jason and had to have him almost murder me.

8-Bit Jason

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Very cool. That’s a pretty unique experience and all the better that you look like a counselor. 

7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Very cool. That’s a pretty unique experience and all the better that you look like a counselor. 

Thank you. 😊 I recycled my Halloween costume from last year. 

13 hours ago, Zaneygrrl said:

Thank you. 😊 I recycled my Halloween costume from last year. 

I looked at this guest list- I’m jealous. I want Brad Dourif’s autograph.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 11:49 PM, bewareofbears said:

Same! There were a lot of people there from the Child's Play franchise I'd love to get a photo with and get an autograph from.

I went to Monster Mania 39 back in March and got the 6 Jason photo op as well (C.J. had a death grip on the back of my neck, caught me off guard)

Edit: Not sure why but I'm not able to attach my photo, will try again later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hu_soldier13 said:

I went to Monster Mania 39 back in March and got the 6 Jason photo op as well (C.J. had a death grip on the back of my neck, caught me off guard):

TrGNqAcFlQCO2FzDneKqJgU0BGEyTpm4hQYBT5SWsvhN00BDv_UtnX3jmEp_IDmzPBsyAcQg-UK-3SHIap3i8x8VredQcD_Wj9Aa32-iIJr06L-2I8xGE55fKZ4IunPu_IsD3z0CvmyYwmhW6Np1H2NJT56jnzN-M7N_zvQMRCnAO0m10btnrdDk9tg59Mdt-Kwq5r4-iycYKoowBnBVPjHymATA2ad-JNNYWYgmWPeY10NXzNvEKpce1og-DF6v-UjWSJRQZqU0nf1Ajsmcb614S6WtNR-ODhsnuSqMoolI9crnmIJYTM7TPoDxV8woITCxdASjcMxFB-9DpaDEJ67nOFTt_xV1U4SfJVejN_p1mY8GKjFAET_eiZdyL81I5apkh2JPR1LN-cmtssA4FfgxAMzjBW5VTm0afNWuTJML5k2g7ClC2k5P4hlACmme9CsineHVkj4_ZvFXcG7eRWyvrTcgwh77uPQRGQ_ssvYZEJ0IlhuHwUsjqRtFQ9RSsexgIIwnOkTbQGXM3udjpd_t_-tju5En0D7yTsfvr-4QmvYesliXhNpJYrTGmVDdkQbNAO_8zWxhRfyAg59Cn4WfGC-yI-dUg8Vmhfw=w1087-h869-no

Awww your pic isn’t showing up. 😔

CJ was the most animated one of the whole shoot. I looked through some of the other pics from TFW and he was awesome with how much he was messing with everyone.

1 hour ago, Zaneygrrl said:

Awww your pic isn’t showing up. 😔

CJ was the most animated one of the whole shoot. I looked through some of the other pics from TFW and he was awesome with how much he was messing with everyone.

Weird. I put in a link to my photo album, it might work now.

He was great, granted they all were but he seemed to enjoy it the most.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:36 PM, Zaneygrrl said:

So I went to the Texas Frightmare Weekend convention yesterday

You must live in my neck of the woods. I'm hoping to go next year in my Vader suit.

1 hour ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Weird. I put in a link to my photo album, it might work now.

He was great, granted they all were but he seemed to enjoy it the most.

The link said the URL was not on their server. I don’t know what’s going on with it. 

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

You must live in my neck of the woods. I'm hoping to go next year in my Vader suit.

I do! I’m about 30 minutes from the DFW airport. I’ll have to look for you next year. 😊

17 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I met brad and fiona at costco!:P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I met brad and fiona at costco!:P

I wish. 

@Zaneygrrl Please, please tell me you made fun of retro Jason. 

Also seemed like you enjoyed yourself. Good stuff. 

36 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

@Zaneygrrl Please, please tell me you made fun of retro Jason. 

Also seemed like you enjoyed yourself. Good stuff. 

You know I thought of you as soon as I saw that guy in the lobby. 😉

There were SOOO many Retro Jasons at the con. This guy had the best costume. 

On 5/6/2018 at 9:36 PM, Zaneygrrl said:

So I went to the Texas Frightmare Weekend convention yesterday to have my picture made with 6 of the Jason actors. Tom Morga and C.J. Graham decided to grab my ponytails at the same time, which threw me off, and they also had REAL MACHETES as props. So when Steve Dash put that blade up to my throat I froze. All thoughts of posing left my mind because I didn’t want to move and have geriatric Bag Head accidentally slit my throat.

No wonder they all look right!! I looked at your picture before reading it, so I didn't know those are the ACTUAL Jasons! And props for the counselor garb, it's great. What a great pic and experience. I'm jealous. 

So is that Kane as J8?

3 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Anyone going to midsummer scream in los angeles next month?

I might. I need a new real Freddy glove and a real J7 (and/or 6 or 8 ) mask. The guest list doesn't seem that hot but I've met everyone I'd be interested in already. Either way these conventions are great.

• Thanks 1

So who was who, was it all the actors who actually played each Jason or some of them random, I know CJ and Morga are actually playing theyre parts

?Jason Photo

Yes, it was all the actual actors who played Jason! Ken Kirzinger (Freddy vs. Jason), Ted White (Part 4), Tom Morga (Part 5), C.J. Graham (Part 6), Steve Dash (Part 2), and Kane Hodder (Dressed as Part 8 here).

Spookified

My husband is a graphic designer and felt the need to doctor this image up a bit. Enjoy. 😂

• Like 1

That is outstanding! Love it :)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Zaneygrrl said:

You know I thought of you as soon as I saw that guy in the lobby. 😉

There were SOOO many Retro Jasons at the con. This guy had the best costume. 

Oh man! I hope I didn't bully you too much about playing as that Oompa Loompa! 

5 hours ago, Zaneygrrl said:

Yes, it was all the actual actors who played Jason! Ken Kirzinger (Freddy vs. Jason), Ted White (Part 4), Tom Morga (Part 5), C.J. Graham (Part 6), Steve Dash (Part 2), and Kane Hodder (Dressed as Part 8 here).

My husband is a graphic designer and felt the need to doctor this image up a bit. Enjoy. 😂

I'd have preferred that Kane go New Blood. Still good stuff. 

Also, that revised pic is better than the original. 

48 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Oh man! I hope I didn't bully you too much about playing as that Oompa Loompa! 

I'd have preferred that Kane go New Blood. Still good stuff. 

Also, that revised pic is better than the original. 

Haha. No you didn’t bully me. I like what I like and no one can stop me! I only stopped playing him when you said how easy he is to spot. I still play him in QP when I realize that I can still sweep the lobby even if I was in a rainbow clown wig. 

I also would have preferred New Blood but I think their time constraints made it easier for Part 8’s costume.

Thank you about the pic! These photo ops don’t allow for much atmosphere so I’m glad the hubs goes bananas on things like this. 😄 Honestly, they move you like cattle so fast through these that if I didn’t have someone in my corner who was good at photo manipulation I’d be pissed. The originals on some of these are so poor and rushed. 

That's super cool! I'm thrilled vicariously through you; cattle-call and everything! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zaneygrrl said:

Spookified

R.I.P. Richard Brooker - this first with the iconic mask.

richard-brooker-friday-13th.jpg

On 5/7/2018 at 12:36 AM, Zaneygrrl said:

By the way, one of my best friends was there. Did you see him? He goes by "Wil d'Alien." He is a master craftsman and made his own Alien xenomorph suit. He looks like he just walked off the James Cameron set. He's hard to miss. 

39 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

R.I.P. Richard Brooker - this first with the iconic mask.

richard-brooker-friday-13th.jpg

By the way, one of my best friends was there. Did you see him? He goes by "Wil d'Alien." He is a master craftsman and made his own Alien xenomorph suit. He looks like he just walked off the James Cameron set. He's hard to miss. 

Richard Brooker There was a mother and son that got their pics done and the son was dressed as Part 3 and his mom was dressed as Pamela. It was pretty awesome.

I feel like I’ve seen your friend before! I was only there on Saturday and it’s a big blur but I’m sure I’ve seen him (maybe last year???).