Taken from a dead thread, someone posted this back in October that we need to be able to customize matches. Sonce no new game modes are actually coming, please give us advanced options to customize matches.

Here were just some suggestions and what I just added:

OPTIONS: DEFAULT /

ADVANCED OPTIONS: 

Jason’s Music:  ON / OFF / RANDOM

Rain: ON / OFF / RANDOM

Friendly Damage: ON / OFF / RANDOM

Item Spawn: NORMAL / LOW / RANDOM

Weapon Spawn: NORMAL / LOW / RANDOM

Vehicles: +2 SEATER / +4 SEATER / +BOAT / RANDOM

Pocket Knives: ON / OFF / RANDOM

Medical Sprays: ON / OFF / RANDOM

Phone Authorites: ON / OFF / RANDOM

Radio Tommy Jarvis : ON / OF / RANDOM

With just the option to customize matches, players could control the difficulty level of each match or lobby. This will completely invigorate the game with no additional content or game modes. Basically, you could create a match with no Jason music, no pocket knives, no med sprays, and no way to escape. Welcome to hardcore mode and trial by fire. What do you guys think?

Edited by BeautyNumber2
Updated
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Taken from a dead thread, someone posted this back in October that we need to be able to customize matches. Sonce no new game modes are actually coming, please give us advanced options to customize matches.

Here were just some suggestions and what I just added:

ADVANCED OPTIONS

Rain: ON / OFF / RANDOM

Item Spawn: NORMAL / LOW / RANDOM

Weapon Spawn: NORMAL / LOW / RANDOM

Vehicles: +2 SEATER / +4 SEATER / +BOAT / RANDOM

Pocket Knives: ON / OFF / RANDOM

Medical Sprays: ON / OFF / RANDOM

Jason’s Music:  ON / OFF

Phone Authorites: ON / OFF

Radio Tommy Jarvis : ON / OF

With just the option to customize matches, players could control the difficulty level of each match or lobby. This will completely invigorate the game with no additional content or game modes. Basically, you could create a match with no Jason music, no pocket knives, no med sprays, and no way to escape. Welcome to hardcore mode and trial by fire. What do you guys think?

How are you supposed to escape/win if everything is set to off? And yes, I did read the entire thing. Can we have more options too? Like, set Jason's music to custom, etc, 2 boats, etc.

4 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

How are you supposed to escape/win if everything is set to off? And yes, I did read the entire thing. Can we have more options too? Like, set Jason's music to custom, etc, 2 boats, etc.

You would have to survive or kill Jason lol

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

You would have to survive or kill Jason lol

I like the idea... could be a challenge for either side of play, or for both sides... depending on the settings. 

If everything is off.... you only have the option to survive though.... If you cannot call Tommy in, it could be problematic trying to kill Jason.
   Random could be added for each option... you left it out for Jason's music, phone authorities and radio Tommy.... 

How about adding the ability to adjust the timer.... a ten minute match may be easier for counselors to survive the night... but more of a challenge for Jason to kill everyone. Perhaps an option for 10, 15 or the regular 20 minutes? Also could use the random option. Timer is hidden from everyone (including those in the afterlife club) if it is changed from the regular 20 minutes?
   A truly difficult mode for Jason could have his traps disabled for the match. Also could use random. Perhaps only allowed for shortened matches? The biggest danger for Jason having no traps is having the cops called anyway, which if they are called after 5:01 into a ten minute match is irrelevant anyway (unless the caller has My Dad's a Cop equipped)... All Jason players need to catch cars at some point anyway.
  How about adding in the option for no weapons, or is that a little too much? Perhaps like no traps for Jason, this is only allowed in a shortened match? or only if Jason's traps are disabled? Also only allowed if there are pocket knives in the match? Some people might think this would be too difficult for counselors, but I have to disagree, I almost never take a swing at the big guy unless I am trying to save a team mate and have escaped many times without ever using a weapon. Not having weapons only encourages the best tactic for counselors anyway.... running away. This would also disable the Jason killing mechanic though.... but not the use of the sweater.

I think in quick play, most people would want settings to make it easier for themselves though... not everyone wants a challenge.... which would lead to a truly difficult game for Jason players in almost every match.... and if it were left up to the Jason player it could work the other way in many matches as well. It would at least work very well for private matches...
   Or each player gets to pick one option?.. the host gets to pick Rain on, off or random... along with any other option beyond the number of players? Perhaps Jason only options can only be chosen by the Jason player? It would go without saying then that counselor only options are chosen only by counselors. The timing of Jason selection would have to be changed for that though...

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I like the idea... could be a challenge for either side of play, or for both sides... depending on the settings. 

If everything is off.... you only have the option to survive though.... If you cannot call Tommy in, it could be problematic trying to kill Jason.
   Random could be added for each option... you left it out for Jason's music, phone authorities and radio Tommy.... 

How about adding the ability to adjust the timer.... a ten minute match may be easier for counselors to survive the night... but more of a challenge for Jason to kill everyone. Perhaps an option for 10, 15 or the regular 20 minutes? Also could use the random option. Timer is hidden from everyone (including those in the afterlife club) if it is changed from the regular 20 minutes?
   A truly difficult mode for Jason could have his traps disabled for the match. Also could use random. Perhaps only allowed for shortened matches? The biggest danger for Jason having no traps is having the cops called anyway, which if they are called after 5:01 into a ten minute match is irrelevant anyway (unless the caller has My Dad's a Cop equipped)... All Jason players need to catch cars at some point anyway.
  How about adding in the option for no weapons, or is that a little too much? Perhaps like no traps for Jason, this is only allowed in a shortened match? or only if Jason's traps are disabled? Also only allowed if there are pocket knives in the match? Some people might think this would be too difficult for counselors, but I have to disagree, I almost never take a swing at the big guy unless I am trying to save a team mate and have escaped many times without ever using a weapon. Not having weapons only encourages the best tactic for counselors anyway.... running away. This would also disable the Jason killing mechanic though.... but not the use of the sweater.

I think in quick play, most people would want settings to make it easier for themselves though... not everyone wants a challenge.... which would lead to a truly difficult game for Jason players in almost every match.... and if it were left up to the Jason player it could work the other way in many matches as well. It would at least work very well for private matches...
   Or each player gets to pick one option?.. the host gets to pick Rain on, off or random... along with any other option beyond the number of players? Perhaps Jason only options can only be chosen by the Jason player? It would go without saying then that counselor only options are chosen only by counselors. The timing of Jason selection would have to be changed for that though...

Great ideas. I like the idea of being able to adjust the timer to 10, 15, 20, or 25 minutes. Jason’s rage would of course kick in at half way for each of those. It would be a challenge for both counselors AND Jason if he had rage at 5 minutes. Here should def be some options that create extreme challenges, that’s the point. If you turned everything off, it would basically be a game of hide and seek for 10 minutes which would be fun every now and then. The point would be to completely switch up the gameplay from what already exists which is what this game desperately needs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Great ideas. I like the idea of being able to adjust the timer to 10, 15, 20, or 25 minutes. Jason’s rage would of course kick in at half way for each of those. It would be a challenge for both counselors AND Jason if he had rage at 5 minutes. Here should def be some options that create extreme challenges, that’s the point. If you turned everything off, it would basically be a game of hide and seek for 10 minutes which would be fun every now and then. The point would be to completely switch up the gameplay from what already exists which is what this game desperately needs

I didn't think of an adjustment for Jason's rage... 5 minutes to rage would certainly cut down on people staying in hiding spots for extended periods of time. There could also be an option to not have rage activate for a bit longer, or more damage needed to activate it... but it could make the hide and seek game a bit more daunting.
   A longer match is also not something I considered, it is rare that I see people running down the timer. But it happens... I even manage it myself sometimes. Also a good idea... Perhaps a good XP bonus for running out the longer game time.... maybe even some larger XP bonuses for using the more challenging options?

Switching up game play options like this would definitely keep things interesting without the massive amount of work needed for completely different game modes. But I am sure it would take a good bit of work to accomplish this anyway, without necessarily needing a large team to accomplish it... still, I would like to see these options in game... and I agree, the game definitely needs something to switch up gameplay. Normal mode of play is still included in the options anyway for those that do not want a change for a match.

• Like 1