I do believe the new update will most likely be announced next Thursday and implemented the following week. Wes seems to be dropping quite a bit of information lately and was streaming the new update not too long ago. Of course this is mere speculation on my part. But I hope I am correct. It seems the wind is blowing in this direction at least to me. But if the new engine needs more time in the oven I can wait. But others are growing impatient. Am I wrong to think this? Or do you agree?

• Haha 1

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

I do believe the new update will most likely be announced next Thursday and implemented the following week. Wes seems to be dropping quite a bit of information lately and was streaming the new update not too long ago. Of course this is mere speculation on my part. But I hope I am correct. It seems the wind is blowing in this direction at least to me. But if the new engine needs more time in the oven I can wait. But others are growing impatient. Am I wrong to think this? Or do you agree?

How would you feel if the update came out on the next Friday the 13th which would be July 13th?

19 minutes ago, BigJay said:

How would you feel if the update came out on the next Friday the 13th which would be July 13th?

To be honest BigJay in my youth I was brash and largly impatient. But in August I will be forty and time and experience has made me a more patient individual. So I personally can wait. But I can't speak for everyone.

• Like 1

I think we're at least a month away. But just wild speculation on my end as well.

• Thanks 1

I would say it is almost certain (from a marketing standpoint) that it will drop on, or before, May 26th. I can't see them letting the one year anniversary go past with the game's nuts in a sling. The 10th, 17th, or 24th are the upcoming Thursdays before the 1 year anniversary. I'm going to guess they'll announce on either the 10th or 17th that the 24th will be the update. Just my thoughts on it. If it takes longer, I can wait.

I would suspect the weekend of the 1 year (May 26th is a Saturday), we'll have a double XP/half price sale or some such marketing shenanigans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

To be honest BigJay im my youth I was brash and largly impatient. But in August I will be forty and time and experience has made me a more patient individual. So I personally can wait. But I can't speak for everyone.

Same here! I just turned 18 a couple months ago and I can say I am more patient now than I was five years ago. So I think I can wait for this update to drop. You probably don't get a  lot of chances to play the game since you have a work life and a family so waiting for an update on a video game isn't really an issue for you.

• Thanks 1

Will streamers get it a few days early? Hope they don't kill Jason before we get it. That would suck. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BigJay said:

Same here! I just turned 18 a couple months ago and I can say I am more patient now than I was five years ago. So I think I can wait for this update to drop. You probably don't get a  lot of chances to play the game since you have a work life and a family so waiting for an update on a video game isn't really an issue for you.

True but I am excited.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

That would be awesome i too hope youre right but can also wait

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

That would be awesome i too hope youre right but can also wait

Yeah I have to say that one of the reasons we are getting so many "I'm flustrated!  Gimmie a reason to play!" Threads here on the forums is because everyone is really excited for the update. But Wes is starting to drop quite a bit of info and even streaming the update. For me that means the wait is almost over.

This or the following Thursday for the announcement, release on the 24th.

THE ABOVE IS PURE SPECULATION AND I HAVE NO INFORMATION CONFIRMING THIS.

Sorry about the all caps but it seemed warranted give the spread of misinformation. 

• Thanks 1

I can't say when it's dropping but I wouldn't be surprised if wasn't even this month. It's not like Gun is known for their punctuality. What I do expect are lots of bugs. Not trying to be a nay sayer but they've had to recode the entire game in a new engine. They had two plus years the first time and it had more bugs than Insectopia. So, I doubt they managed to knock out an entirely new build on a new engine in a matter of months with flawless precision. 

But, that's just "my personal speculation" .

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

But, that's just "my personal speculation" .

starship-troopers-gif-9.gif

Bugs definitely could be a problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

Such a better reference. I couldn't think of anything but the movie "Antz" for some reason. 

43 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

19 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

The "Crystal Lake Blood Curse" as I like to call it isn't this bad. But if more time is needed to call in the Mobile Infantry call em.

"Buuugggs!" - Random Mobile Infantry Marine from Starship Troopers

43 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

This or the following Thursday for the announcement, release on the 24th.

THE ABOVE IS PURE SPECULATION AND I HAVE NO INFORMATION CONFIRMING THIS.

Sorry about the all caps but it seemed warranted give the spread of misinformation. 

That's ok about the caps. That's what this thread is for.

12 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

OP, I do hope you're right.

It seems like that is the way the wind is blowing. And when the head honcho over at the publishing side of things is streaming the update I would have to say it isn't too far off.

4 hours ago, BigJay said:

Really don't want to wait till July even if it's an anniversary!  I'm tired of waiting...3 months is a long time. Hopefully they're close because Slash n cast feels that way & like ppl said the devs been dropping a lot of news lately. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Well,  I really hope you are right. The stream that Wes did seems pretty polished and finished,  at least from my point of view,  I didn't noticed any bug. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Well,  I really hope you are right. The stream that Wes did seems pretty polished and finished,  at least from my point of view,  I didn't noticed any bug. 

He showed off the bug that was making assets spawn at the wrong size. In this case, a pool table being for ants.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

10 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

He showed off the bug that was making assets spawn at the wrong size. In this case, a pool table being for ants.

Can someone send me a link to the stream?

10 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

He showed off a pool table, which map has a pool table?

seriously how have I missed a pool table? Is this a new asset from single player challenges? 

15 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Can someone send me a link to the stream?

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

He showed off a pool table, which map has a pool table?

seriously how have I missed a pool table? Is this a new asset from single player challenges? 

Its in the main house on the Pinehurst map.